ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Agreed but if I’m top 10 I don’t stay

Agreed. However his parents are well off and if they don’t think their 18 year old son (he’s only 18 and 6 months) is ready for the NBA life he will come back. His dad is former NBA player. I don’t see much downside to coming back when you compare draft classes and the fact MSU will Fahd our injury and draft insurance if he does. I think MSU top 5 team if he does. Top 20 if not.

Agreed. However his parents are well off and if they don’t think their 18 year old son (he’s only 18 and 6 months) is ready for the NBA life he will come back. His dad is former NBA player. I don’t see much downside to coming back when you compare draft classes and the fact MSU will Fahd our injury and draft insurance if he does. I think MSU top 5 team if he does. Top 20 if not.
Kansas, Villanova, Duke, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina all way ahead of MSU even if Jackson does return.

Michigan’s walk ons would start at your school. Prove me wrong.
Yeah, nah.. ;)
Kansas currently overstocked for '18/19 and openly courting Romeo.

Kansas is the dream school I believe. And you don't think Duke will have a 5* PF signed as well?
Love both these kids..
Didnt know he was that high on Kansas, always nice to read.
Couple of huge KU targets coming up, be interesting to see if they can land a stud like Hurt.

Reactions: Jaycg15
I'm not buying MSU as a top 20 team if Jackson and Bridges are both gone.

Preseason top 25 prolly, but not sure they would finish top 25, but who really knows maybe Izzo learned his lesson from micromanaging minutes this past year and will let the best players he has play as much as possible

Bruno need another year, JJ is a tweener as in he could be a high draft pick this vs a top 5 pick next season.

when I look at the others JJ is just as good as most of them, Mamba to me is the best.

JJ is something most like young who they like to develop for the future in the NBA. get him before he develops any bad habits.

Yeah, nah.. ;)
Kansas currently overstocked for '18/19 and openly courting Romeo.

Love both these kids..
Didnt know he was that high on Kansas, always nice to read.
Couple of huge KU targets coming up, be interesting to see if they can land a stud like Hurt.

Hurt might be a bit overrated where he's at now but he's still damn good.

Reactions: KisteK
Im fascinated at the hard sell Izzo is likely placing on JJJ and his family.

You should not get "one and done" players for two straight years because you screwed up coaching against a Syracuse zone!!!!

I think a coach should have a show cause placed on them if they have two straight "one and done" players return for a second season. Five year show cause on having a McD player on your team. Only recruit kids in the 25-100+ range. I kid, sort of.

Look at the stream of kids who were one and done under Matta. Oden, Cook, Conley in a class. Then Kosta. Then BJ. It took several years of one and dones leaving before Sullinger came back a second year.

It is pathetic to hold the maturity card on JJJ. Bagley is gone and he is only six months older.

JJ can always declare and not hire a agent to go and get feed back on where he stands. that is one rule the NCAA got right. letting these kids go and then decide based on the feed back that they get.

just wished that more would choose this option rather than hiring a agent ending any chance they have in coming back.

JJ can always declare and not hire a agent to go and get feed back on where he stands. that is one rule the NCAA got right. letting these kids go and then decide based on the feed back that they get.

just wished that more would choose this option rather than hiring a agent ending any chance they have in coming back.

JJ is a top 10 pick on everyone's board. You always hire an agent if you go from this particular spot. Declaring without an agent is for those uncertain of first round.

His numbers per 40 minutes are 20/10/5. Not even sure who the last player had those numbers.

JJ is a top 10 pick on everyone's board. You always hire an agent if you go from this particular spot. Declaring without an agent is for those uncertain of first round.

His numbers per 40 minutes are 20/10/5. Not even sure who the last player had those numbers.
but with 5 other Bigs it just might be in his best interest in doing what I suggested. if he is a lock to be a top 10 pick. he will still be a lock to be a top 10 pick after doing as I suggested.

it never hurts to make sure. today the standards and the teams needs out way what fans/posters think will happen.

This. Jaren Jackson and Fernando in that order could be the first two bigs taken in 2019 and if JJ comes back and improves he could be number 1.

He could also stagnate/regress like Bridges did and hurt his draft stock a little bit

Kansas, Villanova, Duke, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina all way ahead of MSU even if Jackson does return.

Way ahead? I mean, Nova is long their two senior studs. UNC loses their two best players in Berry and May, and lost 11 games last year. Kentucky? They are losing what, their top 4 players?

The stud frosh are all going to Duke.

UM? I guess you'd put them in front of MSU if Wagner returns. But way ahead? Just don't see the 'way ahead' part.

But really...who cares. MSU plays Kansas first game of the season. We will find out right away how these guys look for MSU.

He could also stagnate/regress like Bridges did and hurt his draft stock a little bit

Bridges regressed? He was just named a unanimous second team AA and averaged like 17 and 8 and his draft projections are almost identical to last year.

Yeah, what 'regression'.

Also comparing guards to bigs is apples to oranges when it comes to development.

Whether or not JJ comes back and gets a lot better, who knows. But he will still only be 19 at the time of the 2019 draft with about as much upside as anyone in the draft. He has elite athleticism, length, and skill (for someone his size at such a young age). None of those will change if he comes back.

Yeah, Bridges really hurt his draft stock coming back...pretty much identical to last year. Maybe he was projected around 8-9 in a few more mocks last year but all in all very close.
NBADraft.net

No. 6 pick (Sacramento Kings) - Jaren Jackson Jr.

No. 13 pick (LA Clippers) - Miles Bridges

Basketball Insiders

No. 10 pick (Philadelphia 76ers) - Jaren Jackson Jr.

No. 11 pick (Charlotte Hornets) - Miles Bridges

CBS Sports

No. 5 pick (Cleveland Cavaliers) - Jaren Jackson Jr.

No. 12 pick (Charlotte Hornets) - Miles Bridges

Bleacher Report

No. 4 pick (Orlando Magic) - Jaren Jackson Jr.

Sports Illustrated

No. 3 pick (Atlanta Hawks) - Jaren Jackson Jr.

No. 12 pick (Philadelphia 76ers) - Miles Bridges

ESPN

Yeah, Bridges really hurt his draft stock coming back...pretty much identical to last year. Maybe he was projected around 8-9 in a few more mocks last year but all in all very close.
NBADraft.net

Basketball Insiders

CBS Sports

Bleacher Report

Sports Illustrated

ESPN

If JJJ is guaranteed top 10 he’s gone.

Bridges regressed? He was just named a unanimous second team AA and averaged like 17 and 8 and his draft projections are almost identical to last year.

Yeah, what 'regression'.

Also comparing guards to bigs is apples to oranges when it comes to development.

Whether or not JJ comes back and gets a lot better, who knows. But he will still only be 19 at the time of the 2019 draft with about as much upside as anyone in the draft. He has elite athleticism, length, and skill (for someone his size at such a young age). None of those will change if he comes back.

He averaged 17.1 and 7 this year after averaging 16.9 and 8.3 last season, while shooting a worse percentage this year, and coming up small in most of the biggest games that MSU played this year. He never took the next step in his development. Call that whatever you’d like

NBADraft.net

Basketball Insiders

CBS Sports

Bleacher Report

Sports Illustrated

ESPN

Well worth it to get that sought after round of 32 appearance

Reactions: joe for prez
I'm not buying MSU as a top 20 team if Jackson and Bridges are both gone.

Maybe, maybe not. If JJ goes with Bridges, MSU will start the season ranked between 20 and 25 imo.

Ward could also leave for Europe...Ward is a classic case of a kid and his family thinking he's better than he actually is. He had a real good frosh year and it got to his and his family's head I think.

Reactions: MGC_07
ADVERTISEMENT