ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

I get easily embarrassed for others. I view it as a character strength. I’m blushing for you right now. Male Undergarment Fixation Syndrome is real. Get help.

Name is 8/10. I'm disappointed in the acronym though. I expected more.

Do you have a therapist to recommend?

Asked this question on HR but since nitewing is banned from there I'll ask it here to see what he thinks: Why is Iowa going after so many 4 and 5 star prospects all of a sudden? Ones that that we have basically no chance of getting I might add. We were horrible this year and at the moment aren't even close to an attractive place to play for guys getting multiple blue blood offers. Now Fran thinks he can get guys like Robinson-Earl or Matthew Hurt? He should stop wasting his time on those guys if you ask me and go after some more realistic guys. Wieskamp and McCaffery are the only top notch guys Fran has gotten and it's obvious why. One has loved the college since he was little and the other is his son. Unless there's more of guys like that, he should start going after guys a little lower on the food chain until he starts winning

Asked this question on HR but since nitewing is banned from there I'll ask it here to see what he thinks: Why is Iowa going after so many 4 and 5 star prospects all of a sudden? Ones that that we have basically no chance of getting I might add. We were horrible this year and at the moment aren't even close to an attractive place to play for guys getting multiple blue blood offers. Now Fran thinks he can get guys like Robinson-Earl or Matthew Hurt? He should stop wasting his time on those guys if you ask me and go after some more realistic guys. Wieskamp and McCaffery are the only top notch guys Fran has gotten and it's obvious why. One has loved the college since he was little and the other is his son. Unless there's more of guys like that, he should start going after guys a little lower on the food chain until he starts winning

Doesn’t hurt to ask out the super model. Yea she will probably laugh at you, but you got to at least ask. Seriously he shouldn’t waste that much time though.

Reactions: hawkeye bb n fb fan
Worked out great for Miles

It kinda did. Outright B1G champs, didn't hurt his draft stock, another year in college living the life. Plus MSU pays for all of their draft insurance, injury insurance, etc.

Yeah losing to Cuse blows. No doubt.

This year JJ is competing with Bagley, Carter, Babma, Doncic, Ayton.

Next year he will would be the #1 big off the board and a likely top 3 pick with a chance at #1. JJ is also real young...still 18 for another 6 months and his family is well off financially. Next year there just aren't that many great bigs.

Izzo must have a hidden camera with compromising pics to keep lottery picks coming back two years in a row.

Izzo strongly advocated Miles leave last year. JJ is still only 18 and has a lot of maturing to do. Has great family support. His family isn't needing him to be their meal ticket. I wouldn't advise a potential top 5 pick to come back...but every situation and kid is different.

It kinda did. Outright B1G champs, didn't hurt his draft stock, another year in college living the life. Plus MSU pays for all of their draft insurance, injury insurance, etc.

Yeah losing to Cuse blows. No doubt.

This year JJ is competing with Bagley, Carter, Babma, Doncic, Ayton.

Next year he will would be the #1 big off the board and a likely top 3 pick with a chance at #1. JJ is also real young...still 18 for another 6 months and his family is well off financially. Next year there just aren't that many great bigs.

You forgot Ben Carter

That is one guy who took a lot of grief. Took it in stride and became a champion. RIP.

Came up huge in the championship game against Cuse. They don't win Knight (and IU's) last title without him. IIRC, he was the guy who had the assist to Smart for the game winner.

Reactions: cosmickid
This was the guy that Knight routinely called a pussy. Knight later remarked that the problem with calling Thomas a pussy is he’d believe you. RIP DT.

This was the guy that Knight routinely called a pussy. Knight later remarked that the problem with calling Thomas a pussy is he’d believe you. RIP DT.

Yeah Daryl gets hit the hardest in Season on the Brink.

Yeah Daryl gets hit the hardest in Season on the Brink.
DZZfOVJUQAAmIb3.jpg

Reactions: klize17
You’re a day behind ;)
Not sure why he thinks he's an NBA player right now, but that's his choice. I'm still high on your team next year, but you guys keep getting talent and have a hard time keeping that talent together long enough to really make an impact. We'll see what happens with Bruno.

Not sure why he thinks he's an NBA player right now, but that's his choice. I'm still high on your team next year, but you guys keep getting talent and have a hard time keeping that talent together long enough to really make an impact. We'll see what happens with Bruno.

That right there can sum up the Mark Turgeon era. JJ is going to Europe. He always viewed college as a necessary evil, he just wants to get paid. Can’t blame him, I wish him luck, but this is probably a bad decision.

ADVERTISEMENT