SG 6'5 JR Moss or 6'6 FR Wieskamp
SF 6'5 Moss or 6'6 Wieskamp
PF 6'9 JR Cook or 7'0 SO Nunge/6'8 JR Pemsl
C 6'11 SO Garza

6th man 6'7 SF Baer
6'5 RSFR PG Connor McCaffery
6'4 FR G Fredrick
6'9 JR F/C Kriener

what this means that nobody needs to play out of position and it will also allow Fran to bench players that are not playing up to their abilities [dogging it]
something he couldn't do last season.

Those stars don’t make you a good defender. Look at Dakota Mathias. The guy was a 3* ranked 147 and was all B1G Defensive team twice.

Iowa’s defense was one of the worst in the last 20 years. Just horrid defense. So you think a healthy Nohannon will suddenly become a lockdown defender? The guy isn’t a good defender even when healthy. And no I don’t care that he had 11 steals in his first whatever games and 11 steals in his last 7 games. That doesn’t mean he’s a good defender.

Your defense was HORRIBLE and won’t magically be good next year with most of the same guys returning. I’m guessing your defense will be poor once again next year.

the best thing is Iowa after this season for now will only Baer a former walk on and Patrick McCaffery a top 35 4* player will replace him, the talent just keeps getting better, the truly last time there was this much talent was in Dr. Tom's Elite 8 team, the only team that might have had more was Lute's FF team and BT Championship team.

And yet you’ll still finish in the bottom half of the conference and not make the tournament. Congrats!

if they are slow and unathletic how did they do this.
80 ppg 2nd in the BT to OSU.
38 rpg 2nd in the BT to MSU
Bohannon was the 1st person reguardless of position to post back to back seasons with recording 175+ assist as a FR then as a SO, with 85+ made 3's as a FR and SO, IN the last 25 years.
and he posted back to back seasons with 20+ steals while playing on a bad foot.
if he is so slow and unathletic no way should he have been able to that against far superior athletes.

Garza as a FR had these for stats
21.7 mpg, 12.1 ppg, 211 total rebounds good for 2nd behind Cook who had 224 rebounds, 32 Blocks which led the team and was a All BT FR. another slow unathletic white player. that did this against FAR Superior athletes.

FR Nunge another slow non athletic white guy who had stat's like these
15.7 mpg 5.7 ppg, 91 total rebounds, 25 blocks and 21 steals doing that against far superior athletes of the BT.

yea real slow and unathletic white players,

Why are you posting Nunge’s stats like they’re impressive? Those are average stats.

Fran is still the same coach whose teams have done this
6 straight winning seasons
5 straight .500 OR Better BT Seasons
back to back 3rd place finishes with just 2 12-6 3rd place finishes in the BT.
3 Straight NCAAT with back to back NCAAT wins
6 straight post season appearances.
the only BT Coach that can claim that kind of success over a 6 year period is Izzo of MSU,

nobody else can make that claim. ooooo Fran has his 1st bad season in the last 7 years and now Iowa is supposed to go to hell in a hand basket.

That reeks of mediocrity. Why are you bragging about winning seasons? And +.500 conference records? It’s bwcause Iowa is so bad that you have to use those. Here’s a question for you: How many total NCAA Tournament wins does Fran have while at Iowa? How many Sweet 16’s? Conference titles?

And you say 6 straight postseason appearances when 3 OF THOSE WERE THE NIT! That is nothing to brag about at all.

Oh and actually Painter can make that claim too.

-He guided Purdue to the NCAA Tournament 6 years in a row (2006/2007 season through 2011/2012 season).

-he guided Purdue to 6 straight .500 or better seasons in BT play

-In a 4 year stretch, Purdue finished 2nd, tied for 2nd, tied for 1st, and 2nd in conference.

- 6 straight NCAA appearances with at least one win in each of the 6 (so back to back to back to back to back to back).

So Painter easily eclipses what you just mentioned that Fran did. Care to try again? Oh and Painter has been to 4 Sweet 16’s while Fran has been to 0.

That reeks of mediocrity. Why are you bragging about winning seasons? And +.500 conference records? It’s bwcause Iowa is so bad that you have to use those. Here’s a question for you: How many total NCAA Tournament wins does Fran have while at Iowa? How many Sweet 16’s? Conference titles?

And you say 6 straight postseason appearances when 3 OF THOSE WERE THE NIT! That is nothing to brag about at all.

-He guided Purdue to the NCAA Tournament 6 years in a row (2006/2007 season through 2011/2012 season).

-In a 4 year stretch, Purdue finished 2nd, tied for 2nd, tied for 1st, and 2nd in conference.

- 6 straight NCAA appearances with at least one win in each of the 6 (so back to back to back to back to back to back).

So Painter easily eclipses what you just mentioned that Fran did. Care to try again? Oh and Painter has been to 4 Sweet 16’s while Fran has been to 0.
Duuuuuuude. Just stop. Seriously. Gil is an idiot. We all know this. There isn’t any reason to take a thing he says seriously. He’s never going to realize how idiotic his takes are. Just put him on ignore. It helps.

Reactions: klize17

you are a real funny poster saying that he has 6 straight yeah
12-13 10th place finish @8-10
13-14 dead last @5-13 not even Fran in his 8 years has finished DEAD LAST
so Painter has not guided Purdue to 6 straight NCAAT.

ANY MORE FALSE stats you care to share?

how long has Painter been Purdue after being given the reins to from Keady? Fran took over a program that had just 3 winning seasons in BT play in a state devoid of top talent when he took over, using unranked 3* talent and turning them into All BT players and 4 straight years with a 1st Team All BT with a 2nd team AA.

the instate talent is improving and he has started to get 4* talent from as far away as Washington DC and as close as St. Louis MO.

when he took over most if not all of the current 4* players on the roster would never have given Iowa 2nd look let alone a 1st look.

Why are you posting Nunge’s stats like they’re impressive? Those are average stats.
15 mpg I will let someone else do the 40 mpg avg and Nunge was not even expected to play much in fact their were quite a few Hawk fans that wanted him to RS.
even upping the mpg to 30 = 11.4 ppg, 42 steals and 50 blocks 182 rebounds. like I said Nunge was the 5th leading scorer. that's why I listed him as the plan is for him to be the stretch 4 like Uthoff and Uthoff didn't play till his RSSO Year.
these were Uthoffs stats in his 1st year of playing
18.2 mpg, 7.6 ppg on a team that only had 2 players that avg'd dbl digits in scoring while Nunge had 4 players in dbl digit scoring. 152 total rebounds, 11 steals and 35 blocks
Nunge pretty much as a TRUE FR pretty much matched Uthoffs numbers,

Even money on seeing more posts today on Iowa hoops than Michigan in the Final Four.

Early lead with Iowa hoops. Even money is probably a steal.

Reactions: mathboy
you are a real funny poster saying that he has 6 straight yeah
12-13 10th place finish @8-10
13-14 dead last @5-13 not even Fran in his 8 years has finished DEAD LAST
so Painter has not guided Purdue to 6 straight NCAAT.

ANY MORE FALSE stats you care to share?

2006/2007
2007/2008
2008/2009
2009/2010
2010/2011
2011/2012

Those were the six consecutive years he guided Purdue to 6 straight NCAA Tournament tournament appearances. Even with Painter’s down years, he still blows Fran out of the water.

Reactions: KisteK
John Beilein playing in his second national final in 5 years meanwhile people argue about whether or not Iowa will make the tourney next year and some scrub 3 on 3 tournament players on teams that made no post season tourney are participating in

I'm curious.....

Are you Big Ten posters cheering for Michigan so the posters in other conferences have to drop that whole "B1G hasn't won a title in X years"?

Or have the Michigan posters here pissed you off to the point you'd rather see us lose?

I think I'd be cheering for 12 of 14 B1G teams if they were in the finals.

Reactions: KisteK
That Michigan Wolverine Team I saw blow the socks off of that talented Texas A&M squad needs to show up Monday night. Nova has looked dominant since Round 1 and they have looked like the best team all tournament. It's gonna take a special performance to beat them. Michigan slept through the 1st half against Loyola and against Florida State in the Elite 8. If they do that against Nova they'll be down 15 and the game would be essentially over at the break.

Whether they win or lose it's been one hell of a run. Good Luck Maize&Blue.

That Michigan Wolverine Team I saw blow the socks off of that talented Texas A&M squad needs to show up Monday night. Nova has looked dominant since Round 1 and they have looked like the best team all tournament. It's gonna take a special performance to beat them. Michigan slept through the 1st half against Loyola and against Florida State in the Elite 8. If they do that against Nova they'll be down 15 and the game would be essentially over at the break.

Thanks

Yeah, that's how I see it too. Playing our B or C game was enough to get by Montana, Houston, and Florida State. Michigan needs to play like they did in Madison Square Garden and vs Texas A&M to hang with or beat Nova, though.

Did you and I attend the same Michigan State University?

I'm curious.....

Are you Big Ten posters cheering for Michigan so the posters in other conferences have to drop that whole "B1G hasn't won a title in X years"?

Or have the Michigan posters here pissed you off to the point you'd rather see us lose?

I was rooting for Loyola because I would have won my pool if they beat Nova for the title. Now I will root for Michigan.

I'm curious.....

I only root for one team and it’s not Michigan. I want UW to break the conference streak. It doesn’t mean shit to me if someone else does. I’ve never really been into the conference pride stuff, especially in basketball. I want to be the last team playing every year.

Enough of this talk let’s get back to important stuff like how is iowa going to finish above 12th. I’m just not seeing it.

I only root for one team and it’s not Michigan. I want UW to break the conference streak. It doesn’t mean shit to me if someone else does. I’ve never really been into the conference pride stuff, especially in basketball. I want to be the last team playing every year.

Enough of this talk let’s get back to important stuff like how is iowa going to finish above 12th. I’m just not seeing it.
take the perma ban bet since you are so sure.

Reactions: Fatsquirrel
I apologize for him. If JJJ comes back, we are a top 15 team. But he won’t. But this team had it all, and the pieces just didn’t fit together. If he doesn’t come back, I say we around 20-30.

To be fair, MSU fans weren’t the only ones hyping them up. Just go back and look at ESPN’s final four picks. We are in basically all of them. The hype wasn’t unwarranted.

You’re a good poster, but that spartanjd guy is full of shit. He constantly changes the narrative to promote whatever agenda he creates at any given time

You’re a good poster, but that spartanjd guy is full of shit. He constantly changes the narrative to promote whatever agenda he creates at any given time

It makes me laugh thinking about him and siler predicting Michigan to miss the tournament.

Big Ten! Big Life! Big Stage! Vincent Edwares, J'Sean Tate, Nate Mason and Robert Johnson win the $50,000 first prize in the 3X3U tournament.

Penn State wins NIT. These guys win 3X3U. Is Michigan going to make it a sweep?

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT