ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

I love this nickname

latest

66c77f47-43cc-4c89-b3fd-4f32d1620143-giphy.gif

In this day and age where we have a guard dominated game, this might be the worst stat you can have

Impossible, Gil told me himself they do not need better guards as they have this:

aslkfj;alsf;lkasf;lasjf;ksajfkls6;'10"aslfkja;lsfjlk;asjf;klas
fja;aljfl;ksjfkla;sjf;lksajfkl;sajf;klsajfkjas;6'7"ja;lsfj;laksjflkasjfl;kasjf
aksfjl;kasjfklasjdf;lkasjf;lajkfjas; 6'6"kajsf;ljas;lkdfjalk;sdjf;lkasjfklajskf
ajsf;jasl;fkjaslk;fjkls;djfkla;sjf;klsajf 6'5" adflkja;slfj;lasjfl;sjf

Impossible, Gil told me himself they do not need better guards as they have this:

RollLaughRollLaugh

rN8o2.gif

Reactions: KisteK
Been on vacation, so I missed a couple of these.

Weekly KenPom Rankings:

2 Michigan State
3 Purdue

32 Maryland
33 Michigan

42 Penn State
43 Minnesota
46 Ohio State

69 Wisconsin
84 Nebraska
88 Illinois

64 Northwestern
95 Indiana

82 Iowa
121 Rutgers

Last edited:
Reactions: bMORE607 and Mgkcbb
Weekly Iowa MidMajor Losses:

ULL
KenPom 96
Sagarin 105
BPI 74

SDSU
KenPom 91
Sagarin 93
BPI 105

Reactions: Mclovin-
Hummel says dumb things sometimes

Hummel started strong, but hes been pretty bad of late. Hes too cheesy. Caters too much to the olds who believe in cliches that arent actually true.

Hopefully he snaps out of it.

Weekly KenPom Rankings:

2 Michigan State
3 Purdue
32 Maryland
33 Michigan
42 Penn State
43 Minnesota
46 Ohio State
64 Northwestern
69 Wisconsin
82 Iowa
84 Nebraska
88 Illinois
95 Indiana
121 Rutgers

Milehigh already posted this and he had the decency to put the teams in tiers you uncultured ****.

Hummel started strong, but hes been pretty bad of late. Hes too cheesy. Caters too much to the olds who believe in cliches that arent actually true.

Hopefully he snaps out of it.
Hummel is all I want out of a guy calling the game. Doesn't drift into wild exaggerations, shtick, self-promotion, etc. just sticks to the game. Honestly Crean is very good as well.

Dakich makes my ears bleed b/c he doesn't STFU and makes the game about him.

Rafferty is goofy, but I'll take him any day. Loved Doris Burke as well. Shon Morris is dry but I'd rather have that than Dakich.

Reactions: KisteK
Hummel is all I want out of a guy calling the game. Doesn't drift into wild exaggerations, shtick, self-promotion, etc. just sticks to the game. Honestly Crean is very good as well.

Dakich makes my ears bleed b/c he doesn't STFU and makes the game about him.

Rafferty is goofy, but I'll take him any day. Loved Doris Burke as well. Shon Morris is dry but I'd rather have that than Dakich.
I think Hummel is much better calling a game than in the studio, fwiw.

Crispin is the one who has really become cringe-worthy on BTN. Dude seems like he means well and is genuinely trying, but for whatever reason, his style is nails on a chalkboard for me.

Crispin is atrocious. Just wants you to know "how much hes enjoying this 84-59 game RIGHT NOW!" A complete cheesedick.
Shonn Morris was bad. .
Hummel not good lately.
Steve Bardo pretty good
Crean great.
Dakich greatest of all time

Those are my announcer tiers. Was going to watch Iowa Michigan last night over Wisconsin Indiana but Dakich was the tiebreaker.

I think Hummel is much better calling a game than in the studio, fwiw.

Crispin is the one who has really become cringe-worthy on BTN. Dude seems like he means well and is genuinely trying, but for whatever reason, his style is nails on a chalkboard for me.
Ah, didn't realize this was in regards to studio. I haven't seen him there. Like him calling games.

Crispin isn't as bad as he once was, but I don't like him either. I literally just want some boring ass dude who knows the game to provide some in-game analysis.

Have said this before, but I catch myself muting games frequently and just listening to music. I'm normally working on something else anyways and just have games on that I half pay attention to.

Weekly KenPom Rankings:

2 Michigan State
3 Purdue

32 Maryland
33 Michigan

42 Penn State
43 Minnesota
46 Ohio State

69 Wisconsin
84 Nebraska
88 Illinois

64 Northwestern
82 Iowa
95 Indiana
121 Rutgers

tenor.gif

Reactions: Jaycg15
Like what

I cant remember any specific examples, just remember thinking hes been a real cheesedick. Im sure thats what BTN wants though, gotta be a pot more old casuals than there are people like me who obsess over B1G basketball year round.

So good for him doing his job, doesnt mean I am going to like him though.

I cant remember any specific examples, just remember thinking hes been a real cheesedick. Im sure thats what BTN wants though, gotta be a pot more old casuals than there are people like me who obsess over B1G basketball year round.

So good for him doing his job, doesnt mean I am going to like him though.
You make no sense. Ever.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
If I havent posted a picture of a dumptruck in this thread by one hour from now, something has gone terribly wrong in West Lafayette tonight.

Matt HAARMS played 11 first half mins. Rutgers scored 9 points while he was on the floor. 2 of those was a breakaway dunk off a Purdue turnover so not even a halfcourt possession for Rutgers.

Rutgers scored 15 points the other 9 minutes HAARMS was sitting.

Scoring on Purdue when HAARMS is on the floor proving to be extremely difficult for Rutgers.

went looking at the BPI and Iowa's SOS and SOR both are lower than they were before they played Michigan, who would have thought that playing Michigan would hurt their SOS and SOR

Matt HAARMS played 11 first half mins. Rutgers scored 9 points while he was on the floor. 2 of those was a breakaway dunk off a Purdue turnover so not even a halfcourt possession for Rutgers.

Rutgers scored 15 points the other 9 minutes HAARMS was sitting.

Scoring on Purdue when HAARMS is on the floor proving to be extremely difficult for Rutgers.
Rutgers scored 24 points in the 1st half, don't go all slobbering over Haarms as he has zero points and 2 rebounds., like I keep telling you there is more to BB than just blocking shots. they do need to score and rebound. especially a 7'3 player.

Rutgers scored 24 points in the 1st half, don't go all slobbering over Haarms as he has zero points and 2 rebounds., like I keep telling you there is more to BB than just blocking shots. they do need to score and rebound. especially a 7'3 player.
Not if you are playing with four exceptional scorers.

Hass has 10 points, 5 rebounds and 1 block NOW that is the player that need all the praise

ADVERTISEMENT