ADVERTISEMENT

NFL general discussion thread.

Damn the defense was ****ing bad today. Shitty ass Cleveland’s division to lose now.
I think what you mean to say is "too bad we had to play a real defense today as opposed to defenses ranging from below average to God awful."

I think what you mean to say is "too bad we had to play a real defense today as opposed to defenses ranging from below average to God awful."

Congrats on your week 4 win. Maybe you guys can finally snap that playoff winless streak that dates back to like the Vietnam war.

Congrats on your week 4 win. Maybe you guys can finally snap that playoff winless streak that dates back to like the Vietnam war.

Live in The Now.

Live in The Now.

You keep saying that and showing your general lack of knowledge. Ravens scored 25, offense was not the problem.

The Niners run defense has been elite in two of their three games. Hopefully that continues next Monday night. Chubb looked like beast mode yesterday. Both Cleveland and San Fran have some uncertainties as far as how serious to take them
But I am glad it will be a game vs two winning records as opposed to what it normally is when these two teams play.

Reactions: dtgold88
The Niners run defense has been elite in two of their three games. Hopefully that continues next Monday night. Chubb looked like beast mode yesterday. Both Cleveland and San Fran have some uncertainties as far as how serious to take them
But I am glad it will be a game vs two winning records as opposed to what it normally is when these two teams play.
Will say what I did last week (just the other way). No reason to panic after last week, and no reason to call the Browns world beaters now. SF/Browns could go any number of ways.

If we could just get a quiet week here leading up to the game that would be OK by me.

Ok that doesn’t mean shit. The offense still wasn’t the problem. How can somebody be this dumb?
Scoring and moving the ball at the end to account for getting from 18 to 25 points "doesn't mean shit"?

But, hey, was real important to know LJ could be picked on his first 8 passes and have a higher QBR than Baker. That meant a lot, right?

Ya gotta love this forum.

Scoring and moving the ball at the end to account for getting from 18 to 25 points "doesn't mean shit"?

But, hey, was real important to know LJ could be picked on his first 8 passes and have a higher QBR than Baker. That meant a lot, right?

Ya gotta love this forum.

This has nothing to do with the offense. The ravens defense is the problem. I’m not really sure how you could watch yesterday’s game and not think that. You’re just making yourself look foolish.

Yeah...I'd say the main takeaway is that Baltimore's defense is pretty poor right now.

If Reid hadn't taken his foot off the gas in KC, I think they'd have dropped 45. Even with Baltimore dominating TOP.

This has nothing to do with the offense. The ravens defense is the problem. I’m not really sure how you could watch yesterday’s game and not think that. You’re just making yourself look foolish.
"nothing to do with the offense"? are you just messing with me? If the Browns trotted out the AZ or Miami D that game goes the same way? Same narrative after the Ravens wipe the floor with them and win?

I never said anything about the Ravens' D. It was OK. Nothing special. Browns D looked bad for a stretch but came together and made some big plays when they needed to.

You thought 3 games against bad defenses made a season and made LJ better than Baker. Own it.

What Cam Newton did to the Panthers.

giphy.gif

Reactions: JimboBBN
Yeah...I'd say the main takeaway is that Baltimore's defense is pretty poor right now.

If Reid hadn't taken his foot off the gas in KC, I think they'd have dropped 45. Even with Baltimore dominating TOP.
No doubt about it.

My comments were more about his comparisons of Baker and LJ before the game.

Cam Newton on the year 0-2, no touchdowns

Kyle Allen on the year 2-0, 4 touchdowns

Holla
Houston was beating the hell out of Allen yesterday. He did have 3 lost fumbles, but composed himself well outside of that. I loved the play where it looked like he was about to lose his head, ducked and spun out of the hit. Then found an open reciever for the first down. I think Cam would have shit in his panties on that play.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
"nothing to do with the offense"? are you just messing with me? If the Browns trotted out the AZ or Miami D that game goes the same way? Same narrative after the Ravens wipe the floor with them and win?

I never said anything about the Ravens' D. It was OK. Nothing special. Browns D looked bad for a stretch but came together and made some big plays when they needed to.

You thought 3 games against bad defenses made a season and made LJ better than Baker. Own it.

Damn you are dumb.

Houston was beating the hell out of Allen yesterday. He did have 3 lost fumbles, but composed himself well outside of that. I loved the play where it looked like he was about to lose his head, ducked and spun out of the hit. Then found an open reciever for the first down. I think Cam would have shit in his panties on that play.
Cam used to laugh at guys pressuring him. He was either bigger or faster than the guy trying to tackle him. Unfortunately this is not the case for him anymore. His elusiveness is all but gone. Props to Kyle for getting the win yesterday. Houston is no easy place to win and our defense proved it can be elite

Seriously where did we find this guy? I’ve only seen him post in this thread.
Tell us again how if LJ throws 8 INTs he has a higher QBR than Baker. How the defenses he faced didn't make a difference.

Go ahead and bring up the awful Bmore D......since it proves my point maybe LJ excelled because he played bad defenses?

Jackson is good, but he hasn't come as far as many are claiming. He's got a ways to go before he deserves to be called an elite passer. But I think he's an elite player overall.

Honestly, though, he wasn't that good in KC. Aside from maybe one early drive, he was only able to move the ball when the Chiefs were playing prevent. And even then, he had to complete two of the most desperate ducks you've ever seen to end up with decent stats and sustain two drives. Both were launched up for grabs and should have been picked off.

This is a pretty fair assessment. To be fair, the receivers in Baltimore are below par. His go to guy is a pretty avg TE.

Tell us again how if LJ throws 8 INTs he has a higher QBR than Baker. How the defenses he faced didn't make a difference.

Go ahead and bring up the awful Bmore D......since it proves my point maybe LJ excelled because he played bad defenses?

So do you think the personnel surrounding these 2 QBs matters? You got OBJ and Jarvis Landry, and Chubb for Baker... this is pretty high end personnel....

and for Lamar he's got a big play rookie and a decent RB but really just not much to throw the ball to if we're being honest here.

I think they are both solid QBs that have good futures, but there's a lot of factors impacting stats - yes opponents but also personnel they get to play with.

I thought their receiving corps was considered to be good this year?

Its 2 rookies and Willie Snead. The TEs are young as well, they have plenty of time to develop. With that being said they aren’t nearly as bad as he is making them out to be.

Its 2 rookies and Willie Snead. The TEs are young as well, they have plenty of time to develop. With that being said they aren’t nearly as bad as he is making them out to be.

How much better than below par are they? You do realize you typed the name Willie Snead and young guys right? It's a lower tier group of guys. What teams have a worse group of WRs?

2 effing rookies who have played 4 games and they are automatically below average already. And Mark andrews is a top 5 fantasy tight end, that’s apparently also average.

Sticking with fantasy football as a measuring stick, Snead and Boykin are not rostered in most standard leagues. Hollywood is a WR3/Flex with upside.

Andrews is good.

2 effing rookies who have played 4 games and they are automatically below average already. And Mark andrews is a top 5 fantasy tight end, that’s apparently also average.

Settle down I'm not predicting their futures I am looking at them as what they are today compared to the rest of the NFL.

There are a ton of accomplished WR groups out there and that's why the Ravens WR's are rated so low going into the season and right now.

ADVERTISEMENT