ADVERTISEMENT

NFL general discussion thread.

Apparently we offered a 1st, 2nd and Hayden Hurst(TE) for Jalen Ramsey. Can’t believe Coughlin is holding out for more.

If it’s a team that will draft late in the first round, they want two 1st rounders. That’s the rumor anyway.

What a joke the bungles were again today. If shitsburgh loses it will be two 0-3 teams next Monday night

What a joke the bungles were again today. If shitsburgh loses it will be two 0-3 teams next Monday night
Won't be able to see the rest of the game. Bout to head back to bush gardens. But the 49ers have four fugging turnovers and they just gave up a 75 yard TD on 3rd down. Really their first failure on defense today. There's a chance that it will be a 1-5 matchup next week.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Few things from today. Solely based off of box scores and outcomes.

Is Daniel Jones a legit NFL quarterback? Big time first game as a starter and early in the season.

Did Cam lose his job?

Should we just hand over the MVP to Mahomes and be done with it?

Few things from today. Solely based off of box scores and outcomes.

Is Daniel Jones a legit NFL quarterback? Big time first game as a starter and early in the season.

Did Cam lose his job?

Should we just hand over the MVP to Mahomes and be done with it?
Daniel Jones played well. I know he’s a duke, but let’s see how he does the next few weeks before crowing him the next joe Namath

No cam didn’t lose his job he’s not healthy

Mahomes yes, dude is a stud. I hope my bungles tank next yr to get Trevor lawerence

Daniel Jones played well. I know he’s a duke, but let’s see how he does the next few weeks before crowing him the next joe Namath

No cam didn’t lose his job he’s not healthy

Mahomes yes, dude is a stud. I hope my bungles tank next yr to get Trevor lawerence
I didn't even come close to crowning Jones the next anything. I asked if he was a legit NFL quarterback and said he had a big first game.

I think Cam has issues, he doesn't seem into the game and if Allen proves manageable, there may be enough rumblings within to go a different route than Cam. Don't think it is as simple as him just being hurt. Allen may not be the permanent replacement, but he could be the first step in moving away from Newton.

Why do you Bengals fans always blame Dalton for your woes? I think Defense is a bigger problem for you guys.

I didn't even come close to crowning Jones the next anything. I asked if he was a legit NFL quarterback and said he had a big first game.

I think Cam has issues, he doesn't seem into the game and if Allen proves manageable, there may be enough rumblings within to go a different route than Cam. Don't think it is as simple as him just being hurt. Allen may not be the permanent replacement, but he could be the first step in moving away from Newton.

Why do you Bengals fans always blame Dalton for your woes? I think Defense is a bigger problem for you guys.
It’s not all blandys fault, we have a shitty owner also. Our defense does suck, but we have weapons on offense so it’s easy to blame blandy.

As for jones, he’s a good player and was a solid pick, even if baker mayfield doesn’t think so.

I don’t think they are ready to give up on cam yet. I wish they would, as we would take him in Cincinnati

Him and Jameis have both been busts in the NFL. As a Panthers fan, this needs to be Cams last season with us. We tank next year with some bum quarterback, and snag Trevor Lawrence with the first pick in 21. I’m on my way to Charlotte now to tell the team my plan
If Kyle Allen keeps playing like he did yesterday I hope we keep him as our starting QB for awhile but they’ll probably give Cam his starting position back as soon as he gets back from whatever injury he has.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Andy Dalton is playing well so far this season. Not sure why Cincy fans would want him gone. I understand wanting to draft his replacement because he’s getting old, but he’s doing just about as much as any WB could be asked to do with that terrible O-line.

I gotta say I’m surprised Daniel Jones was as good as he was. I was knocking him to my buddies because Eric Dungey (SU QB) was legitimately the better QB of the two in college yet he was not considered a pro prospect. I thought Danny would bust.

Really surprised with my Colts....2-1. And could easily be 3-0. I didn't think they'd win 2-3 games all year. Division isn't that strong. These mutherfckers could win 10 or 11 games. Only 2 games I don't think they win is @ KC and NO. Other than that...All games are very winnable.

If Kyle Allen keeps playing like he did yesterday I hope we keep him as our starting QB for awhile but they’ll probably give Cam his starting position back as soon as he gets back from whatever injury he has.
I agree. Allen looked better than Cam has in two years. But yea, Cam will start again as soon as he’s “healthy” right? I hope Tepper sees this mess of a team and makes changes. He’s a Steelers guy so I know he wants to win.

I agree. Allen looked better than Cam has in two years. But yea, Cam will start again as soon as he’s “healthy” right? I hope Tepper sees this mess of a team and makes changes. He’s a Steelers guy so I know he wants to win.
If Allen keeps playing like he did yesterday hopefully Tepper is smart enough to keep him as our starting QB.

Last edited:
I guess Miami music peaked a long time ago. Is that racist to assume it's the only reason they choose those two loose lipped...women.
How about pearl jam or smashing pumpkins or metallica....or anything other than bruno mars, katy perry, beyonce, madonna, missy elliot

@dtgold88 you guys gonna get it going this Sunday? The first half of your schedule is absolutely brutal. It’ll be hard to climb back into the playoffs if you can’t win a couple before the easier part sets in

@dtgold88 you guys gonna get it going this Sunday? The first half of your schedule is absolutely brutal. It’ll be hard to climb back into the playoffs if you can’t win a couple before the easier part sets in
wish I knew. OTOH seems many want to "crown" Lamar Jackson after 3 games against awful defenses. Pretty sure with their schedule we are 2-1 and Baker looks a lot better.

But you are right...gonna have to win some games in order for 2nd half to matter. Truth be told, other than at NE I don't think any are so tough they don't have at least a realistic shot to win. This week might be the 2nd toughest one they have left in first half.

Back to this week. Somehow they need to get back to doing what was working last year. I hope Wylie's comment was not true.

Reactions: JimboBBN
wish I knew. OTOH seems many want to "crown" Lamar Jackson after 3 games against awful defenses. Pretty sure with their schedule we are 2-1 and Baker looks a lot better.

But you are right...gonna have to win some games in order for 2nd half to matter. Truth be told, other than at NE I don't think any are so tough they don't have at least a realistic shot to win. This week might be the 2nd toughest one they have left in first half.

Back to this week. Somehow they need to get back to doing what was working last year. I hope Wylie's comment was not true.
They really had it going at the end of last season. The expectations were certainly warranted with the additions they made as well. At least you know who your QB will be for the next decade. I can’t tell you who’s starting for us on a weekly basis

Reactions: dtgold88
They really had it going at the end of last season. The expectations were certainly warranted with the additions they made as well. At least you know who your QB will be for the next decade. I can’t tell you who’s starting for us on a weekly basis
I'm pretty sure I know, but would like to see a strong performance again this season....preferably against a good team.

Jackson is good, but he hasn't come as far as many are claiming. He's got a ways to go before he deserves to be called an elite passer. But I think he's an elite player overall.

Honestly, though, he wasn't that good in KC. Aside from maybe one early drive, he was only able to move the ball when the Chiefs were playing prevent. And even then, he had to complete two of the most desperate ducks you've ever seen to end up with decent stats and sustain two drives. Both were launched up for grabs and should have been picked off.

Reactions: dtgold88
Jackson is good, but he hasn't come as far as many are claiming. He's got a ways to go before he deserves to be called an elite passer. But I think he's an elite player overall.

Honestly, though, he wasn't that good in KC. Aside from maybe one early drive, he was only able to move the ball when the Chiefs were playing prevent. And even then, he had to complete two of the most desperate ducks you've ever seen to end up with decent stats and sustain two drives. Both were launched up for grabs and should have been picked off.
Agree 100%. Chiefs D nothing special and he did little until the game was mostly out of hand.

He'll get his chances to prove himself. Browns D certainly not elite, but probably better than what he's seen...and of course he'll eventually see the Ram D (and NE).

And if LJ played the teams Baker played and not the defenses of Miami, AZ and KC he'd probably have a worse rating.

Let's give it some time.

Eh it’s not like the jets and titans are anything special- but we did get to play Miami already to be fair

Eh it’s not like the jets and titans are anything special- but we did get to play Miami already to be fair
No, but Titans are a far better defensive team than Miami, Jets better than AZ and Rams far better than KC.

Well Monday night we find out if the bungles or shitsburgh will end up in the cellar. I pray we find a way to beat their asses. Neither team is doing anything this yr, but I want to beat them so bad​

How about pearl jam or smashing pumpkins or metallica....or anything other than bruno mars, katy perry, beyonce, madonna, missy elliot
Metallica would break the internet, and the world as we know it, if they were the halftime show. The crowd would chant "encore" instead of watching the second half.

XOPgmJ.gif

*The NFL cannot have a better product as it's halftime show.

Last edited:
Well Monday night we find out if the bungles or shitsburgh will end up in the cellar. I pray we find a way to beat their asses. Neither team is doing anything this yr, but I want to beat them so bad​

MNF is Pittsburgh and Bengals?

They really blew it on the Monday night matchups this year.

Laughing Whatever. Baker is the better QB, you can have that win. It’s not like you see a lot of them as a Cleveland fan.
Not even saying Baker's better. Think he is, but who knows how it will look after the season?

ADVERTISEMENT