ADVERTISEMENT

NFL general discussion thread.

Miami has been outscored 102-10 in the first two games. Yikes.

giphy.gif

Still can’t fathom why a lot of GMs/media weren’t that high on him. I badly wanted him in that draft. Granted I didn’t expect his career to start quite like this.

They thought he was a Big 12 system QB. The Mike Ferrell tweet about Mahomes gets bumped on the main board all the time. It’s hilarious.

They thought he was a Big 12 system QB. The Mike Ferrell tweet about Mahomes gets bumped on the main board all the time. It’s hilarious.

Yeah, I know that some believed that. But watching about two minutes of game footage should’ve been enough to put that to rest.

Reactions: bMORE607
Looks like the Falcons have a shot at being the team to beat in the NFC South. With Brees missing 6 weeks.

The Rams, so far don't seem to be as tough as they were last year, defensively especially. But I don't see them losing the division. Right now them, the Seahawks and the 49ers are 2-0.

@bMORE607 's Ravens shouldn't be challenged in their division.

Any early season predictions that will surely be a laughing point come season's end?

Just playoff teams, for now. No SB predictions from me until everyone has played 4 games.

NFC

East. Dallas
South. Atlanta
North. GB
West. LAR

WC. New Orleans
WC. San Francisco <--------- homer pick.

AFC

East. New England (real stretch)
South. Houston
North. Baltimore
West. Kansas City

WC. Buffalo
WC. Tennessee

Looks like the Falcons have a shot at being the team to beat in the NFC South. With Brees missing 6 weeks.

The Rams, so far don't seem to be as tough as they were last year, defensively especially. But I don't see them losing the division. Right now them, the Seahawks and the 49ers are 2-0.

@bMORE607 's Ravens shouldn't be challenged in their division.

Any early season predictions that will surely be a laughing point come season's end?

Just playoff teams, for now. No SB predictions from me until everyone has played 4 games.

NFC

East. Dallas
South. Atlanta
North. GB
West. LAR

WC. New Orleans
WC. San Francisco <--------- homer pick.

AFC

East. New England (real stretch)
South. Houston
North. Baltimore
West. Kansas City

WC. Buffalo
WC. Tennessee

Will be interesting to see Cleveland tonight. They should be able to blow out the Jets. Also would like to see how the Ravens fair next week against a legit team. My fear is we have played two of the worst teams in the NFL and we aren’t actually this good.

Also the real stretch with NE killed me. God what a dumpster fire that division has been for 20 years.

Also the real stretch with NE killed me. God what a dumpster fire that division has been for 20 years.

Over the past 20 years that division has produced the most Super Bowl appearances and the most Super Bowl championships of any division.
With the Patriots being the only team to reach the Super Bowl

:eek:

Reactions: bMORE607
@JimboBBN what you hearing on Cam Newton self diagnosing a foot injury and bailing out on the Panthers? His wardrobe screams mental illness, maybe he wants to be she.
I used to be okay with all of his antics (celebrating every first down, dressing weird, etc) but after watching his first two games, I’m convinced he doesn’t care about football anymore. This news certainly doesn’t help his case.

This will be his last season playing for the Panthers, maybe playing football

Reactions: jhmossy
@JimboBBN what you hearing on Cam Newton self diagnosing a foot injury and bailing out on the Panthers? His wardrobe screams mental illness, maybe he wants to be she.

I used to be okay with all of his antics (celebrating every first down, dressing weird, etc) but after watching his first two games, I’m convinced he doesn’t care about football anymore. This news certainly doesn’t help his case.

This will be his last season playing for the Panthers, maybe playing football

He’s been getting been getting roasted to death on Facebook ever since last Thursday night’s postgame press conference because of what he was wearing. I’ve lost count of how many different memes I’ve seen so far. lol

He’s been getting been getting roasted to death on Facebook ever since last Thursday night’s postgame press conference because of what he was wearing. I’ve lost count of how many different memes I’ve seen so far. lol
It's like he was auditioning for both roles of Driving Ms. Daisy. (stole that from twitter, too lazy to look up the link)

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
They are the gift that keeps on giving. Any normal fanbase would have been like lets make the playoffs and start establishing a winning culture, but no Cleveland goes 0-60 and thinks they are Super Bowl bound.
yeah...except very few thought SB bound.

Still can’t fathom why a lot of GMs/media weren’t that high on him. I badly wanted him in that draft. Granted I didn’t expect his career to start quite like this.
How about the Bears? Traded UP to take a QB and it wasn't Mahomes.

How about the Bears? Traded UP to take a QB and it wasn't Mahomes.

Bears fans now know what it felt like to draft Todd Blackledge over Marino. Thankfully I wasn’t alive for that.

Not that I’m implying that Trubisky is on Blackledge’s level, but the level of disappointment is similar.

Classic example of overthinking.

Reactions: dtgold88
Here in Tennessee fans are not happy with the Titans. Mariota is pretty awful and everyone seems to realize it except for their coach who secretly still wants to be a player and coaches that way.

Here in Tennessee fans are not happy with the Titans. Mariota is pretty awful and everyone seems to realize it except for their coach who secretly still wants to be a player and coaches that way.
Him and Jameis have both been busts in the NFL. As a Panthers fan, this needs to be Cams last season with us. We tank next year with some bum quarterback, and snag Trevor Lawrence with the first pick in 21. I’m on my way to Charlotte now to tell the team my plan

Him and Jameis have both been busts in the NFL. As a Panthers fan, this needs to be Cams last season with us. We tank next year with some bum quarterback, and snag Trevor Lawrence with the first pick in 21. I’m on my way to Charlotte now to tell the team my plan

Yeah, Cam was solid once but is not that good now. I agree on Mariota and Winston. Both had decent moments but their teams need to move on. The thing with Tennessee is they have a good option on the bench they can go to. Their defense is good enough to win now.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I hate the packurs :mad:
Kirk cousins is a 84 million dollar bust.

Raiders, youre on the clock!
You can't blame Cousins entirely. Our O-Line sucks at pass blocking. Still, Cousins did make some terrible decisions last week. Have no idea what he was thinking trying to force it on first down on that interception. It was a dumb playcall as well, considering how successful we were running the ball.

This Raiders game is pretty big considering how tough the schedule is this year. Still have to go on the road to KC, Dallas, Seattle, Chicago, and the Chargers.

I think a 2 year tank can work.....

....OK, I hope.

I think a 2 year tank can work.....

....OK, I hope.
I’m probably to the first guy to think of it tbh the Panthers will probably hire me on the spot.

In all seriousness, Cam is my favorite player of all time and has done more for our franchise than anyone not named Jerry Richardson. He looks mentally and physically done to me right now. No emotion, no celebrating, no nothing. Cam used to celebrate every little play, and now we can’t even get a smile. Throw that in with the fact that he has -2 rushing yards on the year. If you take away his legs and running, Cam is and has been a below average quarterback.

I see most mocks have us taking a QB in this draft, but I’m truly okay sucking for two years in a row if it meant we snag Lawrence. He’s special.

I’m probably to the first guy to think of it tbh the Panthers will probably hire me on the spot.

In all seriousness, Cam is my favorite player of all time and has done more for our franchise than anyone not named Jerry Richardson. He looks mentally and physically done to me right now. No emotion, no celebrating, no nothing. Cam used to celebrate every little play, and now we can’t even get a smile. Throw that in with the fact that he has -2 rushing yards on the year. If you take away his legs and running, Cam is and has been a below average quarterback.

I see most mocks have us taking a QB in this draft, but I’m truly okay sucking for two years in a row if it meant we snag Lawrence. He’s special.
all seriousness I think it worked for us. Slow start for Baker but I think he'll be OK. You wont need to go 1-31 either.

@bMORE607

Prediction before kickoff?

I’m a little worried about this one. I don’t think Baltimore’s D is at its usual level right now, but I’d expect them to bring the intensity today. That, combined with Lamar’s new passing skills could be problematic.

@bMORE607

Prediction before kickoff?

I’m a little worried about this one. I don’t think Baltimore’s D is at its usual level right now, but I’d expect them to bring the intensity today. That, combined with Lamar’s new passing skills could be problematic.

I thought it would have been closer at half and the Chiefs would have pulled away in the 2nd, but it looks like the Ravens defense is pretty bad without Jimmy Smith.

Apparently we offered a 1st, 2nd and Hayden Hurst(TE) for Jalen Ramsey. Can’t believe Coughlin is holding out for more.

I thought it would have been closer at half and the Chiefs would have pulled away in the 2nd, but it looks like the Ravens defense is pretty bad without Jimmy Smith.

Apparently we offered a 1st, 2nd and Hayden Hurst(TE) for Jalen Ramsey. Can’t believe Coughlin is holding out for more.

They still get a decent amount of pressure but seem to have to rely on blitzes.

KC’s down four starters on offense, including Hill and the LT. Good thing Mahomes is a machine.

ADVERTISEMENT