ADVERTISEMENT

New AP poll is out

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
I guess @kyjeff1 doesn't know what the fvck he's talking about after all (big shock there).

1 UConn 1550 points
2 Houston 1473 points
3 Purdue 1414 points
4 Arizona 1373 points
5 Tennessee 1230 points
6 Iowa State 1160 points
7 Marquette 1144 points
8 Duke 1116 points
9 Kansas 1065 points
10 North Carolina 1044 points

I actually was kinda close with my top 10. Obviously I knew Purdue wouldn't fall to 5

I guess @kyjeff1 doesn't know what the fvck he's talking about after all (big shock there).

1 UConn 1550 points
2 Houston 1473 points
3 Purdue 1414 points
4 Arizona 1373 points
5 Tennessee 1230 points
6 Iowa State 1160 points
7 Marquette 1144 points
8 Duke 1116 points
9 Kansas 1065 points
No reason to call out brother Jeff, he is a good soldier.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
No reason to call out brother Jeff, he is a good soldier.
Well and not only that, I was only saying I wouldn't be surprised if the voters came up with something close to what the OP had in his initial post. I don't get the outrage.

1 UConn 1550 points
2 Houston 1473 points
3 Purdue 1414 points
4 Arizona 1373 points
5 Tennessee 1230 points
6 Iowa State 1160 points
7 Marquette 1144 points
8 Duke 1116 points
9 Kansas 1065 points
Why are you so bothered by me saying the OP could be right? Why does that bother you?

Just for clarity, that doesn’t mean I think UT is better. Heck, UK is better than a lot of teams ahead of them, but they lost some games recently that put them where they are.

It’s a poll based on opinions on what teams did over the last week and tbh, Purdue shit their pants.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Why are you so bothered by me saying the OP could be right? Why does that bother you?

Just for clarity, that doesn’t mean I think UT is better. Heck, UK is better than a lot of teams ahead of them, but they lost some games recently that put them where they are.

It’s a poll based on opinions on what teams did over the last week and tbh, Purdue shit their pants.
Honestly because I've followed college basketball for almost half a century and I'm pretty damn confident in my ability to surmise what a collective group of voters will do. And I was proven right once again.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. But when your opinion runs counter to the extreme likelihood, I'm going to call it out. When you compounded your opinion with some painfully obvious biased takes, I took it personal.

Well and not only that, I was only saying I wouldn't be surprised if the voters came up with something close to what the OP had in his initial post. I don't get the outrage.
I looked at it as an ABvol Bonsai charge against a fortified position. He got wounded and pinned down. Since I couldn't really support his position of UT pushing up 4 and Purdue down 4 with logic I had to shoot (Orange) flares for reinforcements. You showed up with a heavy machine gun, I pulled ABvol out of the kill zone and we skedaddled out of there.

I looked at it as an ABvol Bonsai charge against a fortified position. He got wounded and pinned down. Since I couldn't really support his position of UT pushing up 4 and Purdue down 4 with logic I had to shoot (Orange) flares for reinforcements. You showed up with a heavy machine gun, I pulled ABvol out of the kill zone and we skedaddled out of there.
give-me-a-hug-happily.gif

I don't believe that you are just a house wife, that is for sure, but I bet your husband is the Navy Seal, and you are just a grunt. 🤣 🤣

I don't believe that you are just a house wife, that is for sure, but I bet your husband is the Navy Seal, and you are just a grunt. 🤣 🤣
He is a big guy that is for sure. So I have to control him with brains instead of brawn.

• Love
Reactions: cdbearde
Honestly because I've followed college basketball for almost half a century and I'm pretty damn confident in my ability to surmise what a collective group of voters will do. And I was proven right once again.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. But when your opinion runs counter to the extreme likelihood, I'm going to call it out. When you compounded your opinion with some painfully obvious biased takes, I took it personal.
It wasn't about being right or wrong, that’s what you're not getting. You were butthurt because I agreed that the voters COULD drop Purdue down further.
So what, your hope that they would only drop 1 or 2 spots, was right, but who cares? It’s not like anyone was saying Purdue would drop a seed line.
What a stupid argument and what a dumb thing to get triggered over.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Yeah, you could definitely look at it that way. I just agreed that we shouldn’t be surprised if Purdue dropped 4 spots. We've all seen it hapoen after 1 bad loss and to say it's not posdible, is just wrong.

Once again, despite my wife telling me they’ll just let me down, I’m getting in to supporting her Alma mater and learning to #boilerup. Watched the entire game on Sunday. Tell me, does that point guard turn the ball over all the time like he did? It looked like pick up basketball the last 30 minutes of the game. Reminded me of Coach Fox and Crean at UGA.

Is he usually like this and should I just listen to her and not follow?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Once again, despite my wife telling me they’ll just let me down, I’m getting in to supporting her Alma mater and learning to #boilerup. Watched the entire game on Sunday. Tell me, does that point guard turn the ball over all the time like he did? It looked like pick up basketball the last 30 minutes of the game. Reminded me of Coach Fox and Crean at UGA.

Is he usually like this and should I just listen to her and not follow?
He played 39 minutes and had 3 turnovers so I guess the answer is no. His turnover rate is a little high but he's got the ball in his hands so much. And he's got an ATO of almost 3 to 1, which is elite.

Reactions: Ikibari
He played 39 minutes and had 3 turnovers so I guess the answer is no. His turnover rate is a little high but he's got the ball in his hands so much. And he's got an ATO of almost 3 to 1, which is elite.
I might be thinking of someone else from the game or maybe it might not have been considered turnovers. Just felt like the guy would drive in a lot of attempt a low % shot and looked off balance. Of course, I’m a UGA guy so what do I know about basketball, lol. (It was also bottomless mimosa brunch, lol). Appreciate it!

ADVERTISEMENT