ADVERTISEMENT

***NCAA Women's Tournament thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Mulkey in a baaaaad way

She looks like Rick Barnes.

ezgif-4-ce1a8426bf.gif

Best player in the nation no doubt. Impossible to root for her as she tops Brad Davison from an unlikability standpoint but certainly the best
Lol.....I can certainly see why some of her competitiveness and "swagger" (for lack of a better term) can be off-putting to outsiders, particularly Indiana fans........... ;)

It was the same thing with Michael Jordan.

But your Brad Davison comp is either sarcasm or a really poor take. She certainly knows how to draw fouls, but she is not a dirty player by any means, both physically and verbally.

I don't presume, though, that you know anymore about her than what you see during the games, but she's never anything other than gracious after the game and honestly sounds like a coach in these postgame interviews. She is getting a crazy amount of attention nationally right now, and has handled it about as well as one could expect considering this rise to mega stardom she's on.

She has also embraced this role of ambassador for the game of women's basketball that was honestly thrust upon her, and seems to fully understand the importance of looking and acting the part in that role.

But again, I get it...............not everyone liked Michael Jordan either. :cool:

Reactions: denmar81
Lol.....I can certainly see why some of her competitiveness and "swagger" (for lack of a better term) can be off-putting to outsiders, particularly Indiana fans........... ;)

It was the same thing with Michael Jordan.

But your Brad Davison comp is either sarcasm or a really poor take. She certainly knows how to draw fouls, but she is not a dirty player by any means, both physically and verbally.

I don't presume, though, that you know anymore about her than what you see during the games, but she's never anything other than gracious after the game and honestly sounds like a coach in these postgame interviews. She is getting a crazy amount of attention nationally right now, and has handled it about as well as one could expect considering this rise to mega stardom she's on.

She has also embraced this role of ambassador for the game of women's basketball that was honestly thrust upon her, and seems to fully understand the importance of looking and acting the part in that role.

But again, I get it...............not everyone liked Michael Jordan either. :cool:
No one like MJ because he beat their teams all the time.

Clark on the floor is an ass....But I'm ok with that. When I played, so was I. Hell my mom once told me---"I wouldn't tell people you were my son", when I played in HS/college. I was like---"Really---Why"?--She was blunt---You were an insufferable dick... 🤣

She wines a lot....And TBH that's really the only part of her game I don't like. Just play the game, kiddo.

No one like MJ because he beat their teams all the time.

Clark on the floor is an ass....But I'm ok with that. When I played, so was I. Hell my mom once told me---"I wouldn't tell people you were my son", when I played in HS/college. I was like---"Really---Why"?--She was blunt---You were an insufferable dick... 🤣

She wines a lot....And TBH that's really the only part of her game I don't like. Just play the game, kiddo.
Hey I wine a lot during her games. Well, technically beer but same difference.

That was awesome. F Dawn Staley.
Yep. She went straight to playing her beloved race card in the post game presser. I love the wins she’s brought to my school, but strongly dislike her as a person.
@Rod Dangerfield are you okay brother
Was pretty ok with it. Hate seeing my school lose, but literally seeing the reincarnation of Larry Bird in female form beat them wasn’t all that bad.

I’ll say this, speaking of Larry Bird….if he has any grandsons, one or all of them need to mate with Caitlin Clark, ASAP!!

Yep. She went straight to playing her beloved race card in the post game presser. I love the wins she’s brought to my school, but strongly dislike her as a person.

Was pretty ok with it. Hate seeing my school lose, but literally seeing the reincarnation of Larry Bird in female form beat them wasn’t all that bad.

I’ll say this, speaking of Larry Bird….if he has any grandsons, one or all of them need to mate with Caitlin Clark, ASAP!!

I’m sure you guys will be right back in the mix next year. When did South Carolina get really good? For the longest all I remember is Tennessee, Baylor, UConn, and Stanford. Granted I’ve never followed closely but I do remember South Carolina hitting a huge buzzer beater to upset someone in the tournament many years ago

I’m sure you guys will be right back in the mix next year. When did South Carolina get really good? For the longest all I remember is Tennessee, Baylor, UConn, and Stanford. Granted I’ve never followed closely but I do remember South Carolina hitting a huge buzzer beater to upset someone in the tournament many years ago
Been top shelf for close to 8-10 years.

Reactions: Sparty_57
Best player in the nation no doubt. Impossible to root for her as she tops Brad Davison from an unlikability standpoint but certainly the best
It's obviously gonna be too long for a non-fan to want to listen to the whole thing, but here's Clark’s interview from yesterday leading up to the NCG, and I suggest at least scrolling through it a bit.

I thought she came across really well, and it pretty much summed up what kind of a player, person and competitor she is........if anyone cares enough to give it a try.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Iowa just needs to stay within striking distance...

LSU shooting out of their minds---8-11 from three---They shot 33% on the year. You hope eventually water finds its level.

Seems like there are way more Iowa fans there than LSU, or at least the Iowa fans are much louder. Saw something the other day that showed women's FF tix were going for like 3-4 times more than men's tix, lol. Wild.

If I am Iowa, I'm happy considering the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT