ADVERTISEMENT

***NBA Playoffs: Finals Thread***

Seems many just forget this GS team is pretty good and has run many very good teams out of the gym at home from the jump.

They have 2 MVPs and 2 All stars.

Just sayin'.

I'd feel more sympathy for LeBron if not for the fact he's a proximate cause of Cleveland's current roster issues. He's played incredibly in these playoffs and hasn't gotten as much help from his teammates as he should/could. No question. But his eagerness to be a player, GM, and coach at the same time has hurt the team as a whole.

That's not to say the Cav's front office hasn't shot itself in the foot plenty, but LeBron has been the catalyst for a lot of questionable moves to get the roster to where it is now.

They did get to the Finals and should be 1-1. I know you are not one of the irrational posters on this matter, but many teams have lost at Oracle with no shot after the first quarter.

Not to say his teammates don't need to be better on their 3s.

I think he might stay and sign a 1 and 1 and see where things are with the Cavs after next season or maybe better options than really just Philly and LA if he wants to be paid.

Yeah. Big difference w us is in a Bron fan, not a Cleveland fan per se. And I just wanna see him win, no matter the jersey.

Gonna be brutal for y’all if he leaves. But, he got you one, which I know you appreciate. I just don’t want to see his talent go to waste, so to speak. Would love for him to get a stud to join him there, just not sure it’s in the cards.

Reactions: dtgold88
Hopefully Trae Young does the same with Lebron next season here.

Too much to ask?

I don't think he's what Cleveland needs (assuming LeBron stays) because his shot creation is superfluous and his defense is terrible (and will be at least in the near term). He needs Mikal Bridges, only like 4 of him. Just a parade of wings that can switch, shoot, and maybe make a play or two against a closeout (or at least move the ball smartly). Jae Crowder should have been that guy. Same for Rodney Hood.

I'd feel more sympathy for LeBron if not for the fact he's a proximate cause of Cleveland's current roster issues. He's played incredibly in these playoffs and hasn't gotten as much help from his teammates as he should/could. No question. But his eagerness to be a player, GM, and coach at the same time has hurt the team as a whole.

That's not to say the Cav's front office hasn't shot itself in the foot plenty, but LeBron has been the catalyst for a lot of questionable moves to get the roster to where it is now.
where I might blame Lebron most if there is blame is he's the reason Kyrie wanted to leave. Of course, had he stayed, they'd be worse off as he'd be out and Calderon would be playing PG.

Most of the so-called bad moves there wasn't much choice. Never mind TT has a market value deal. Even if one disagrees it was sign him or no one.

Had GS not added Durant, a move no one can counter, this roster would have been good enough to beat anyone.

Yeah. Big difference w us is in a Bron fan, not a Cleveland fan per se. And I just wanna see him win, no matter the jersey.

Gonna be brutal for y’all if he leaves. But, he got you one, which I know you appreciate. I just don’t want to see his talent go to waste, so to speak. Would love for him to get a stud to join him there, just not sure it’s in the cards.
If he goes I'm good. Never thought I'd ever see a pro team of mine win a title.

Not sure he'd go just to go and seems like Philly and LA are only places he could go and be paid. If he doesn't like those options, might as well wait another year.

I don't think he's what Cleveland needs (assuming LeBron stays) because his shot creation is superfluous and his defense is terrible (and will be at least in the near term). He needs Mikal Bridges, only like 4 of him. Just a parade of wings that can switch, shoot, and maybe make a play or two against a closeout (or at least move the ball smartly). Jae Crowder should have been that guy. Same for Rodney Hood.
Green is that guy, but he needs to hit his shots.

while I agree with what you are saying, if Young is Curry I think that would help.

I think the LeGM stuff is way, way overhyped. He's not on the phones offering up a first for a terrible contract (Clarkson) and Nance, is he? In a general sense, they have to make him happy, but that's every. Single. Star. Player.

Thompson and JR got their deals because they had leverage; Cavs had no way to replace them, so they ended up overpaying. It's an inevitable consequence of a soft cap and Bird rights. A good front office can try to avoid mistakes like that, but there are limits to team-building with an over the cap team.

I think the LeGM stuff is way, way overhyped. He's not on the phones offering up a first for a terrible contract (Clarkson) and Nance, is he? In a general sense, they have to make him happy, but that's every. Single. Star. Player.

Thompson and JR got their deals because they had leverage; Cavs had no way to replace them, so they ended up overpaying. It's an inevitable consequence of a soft cap and Bird rights. A good front office can try to avoid mistakes like that, but there are limits to team-building with an over the cap team.
I wouldn't even call TT and JR mistakes. As I know you are aware they were well over the cap so it was them or no one. And if they didn't resign them, they still are way over the cap so it didn't prevent them from going after anyone else.

Kind of preaching to the choir, I realize.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_Blue79
1528081081618-jpeg.129541

Reactions: 829305
Video is hilarious because that’s the recipe for beating the Cavs right now. Boston did it and almost pulled it off. Let Lebron wear himself out. Works a few ways. First, he literally takes over and expends massive amounts of energy which wears him down. Second, he plus little defense to conserve energy. That was ok against Boston but GSW has too much fire power and Lebron is the only guy who can come close to neutralizing KD. Lastly, it takes his teammates out of rhythm on offense. They become one dimensional while waiting to Lebron to make a play.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Video is hilarious because that’s the recipe for beating the Cavs right now. Boston did it and almost pulled it off. Let Lebron wear himself out. Works a few ways. First, he literally takes over and expends massive amounts of energy which wears him down. Second, he plus little defense to conserve energy. That was ok against Boston but GSW has too much fire power and Lebron is the only guy who can come close to neutralizing KD. Lastly, it takes his teammates out of rhythm on offense. They become one dimensional while waiting to Lebron to make a play.
He went for 29, 9 and 13. A better game than Steph. Teammates need to hit shots (3s), and they did get open looks.

Agree GS is much better than Boston, but the Cavs actually played them better in Games 1 and 2 than they did Boston.

Need the role players to step up at home like they have in the past. will they? who knows?

I'd add some will say JR needs to shoot less, but I'd argue he needs to shoot more, but from 3. Seems to pass up too many open 3s or even contested ones he can make. Guy is 2-9 on 2s and often commits TOs it seems when he goes to the hoop.

That said, if he misses his first few, assuming still a starter, I'd give him a quick hook and see what Hood can do.

That was one of the reasons why Kyrie left. He didn't have anything against Bron personally, but he felt if Bron left after this season, then the team that Bron was going to leave behind was not a team built around him. Kyrie didn't have any say in the players they brought in.

That was one of the reasons why Kyrie left. He didn't have anything against Bron personally, but he felt if Bron left after this season, then the team that Bron was going to leave behind was not a team built around him. Kyrie didn't have any say in the players they brought in.
Believe that's possible, but Kyrie could have stayed and been a FA after next season and gone anywhere he wanted (who could pay him).

I think it's what's been reported. He wanted to be considered on that level of players - Curry, Lebron, Durant, running his own team. And he has that right. Just wish he would have made it known before the draft last year.

Reactions: Quavarius
Believe that's possible, but Kyrie could have stayed and been a FA after next season and gone anywhere he wanted (who could pay him).

I think it's what's been reported. He wanted to be considered on that level of players - Curry, Lebron, Durant, running his own team. And he has that right. Just wish he would have made it known before the draft last year.

Actually, it was reported that Kyrie made it known after the championship win.

Maybe I'm wrong, but not seeing where he actually made the request to the Cavs until we all heard about it.

says he thought about it, and the idea he wanted to the #1 guy on a team.

Kind of conflicting, as well. Says he made it known he wanted to go during his first few years (when he was the clear #1), but then wanted to leave because he wasn't the #1 when Lebron joined? why would he want to go his first few years when he had no idea Lebron was coming back when he was the clear #1?

Also, says "reportedly" made the request before the draft, then later to Gilbert. If he really made the request before the draft, I would have to think Gilbert would have been notified. why the need to tell him again later?

Not at all saying you are wrong here, Quavarius, as no reason you'd want to mislead, but thinking if this were really true, it would have gotten out and no reason for Cavs not to make it known.

Actually, it was reported that Kyrie made it known after the championship win.

Maybe there's new information, but didn't the story go: 1) Cavs looked to trade Kyrie during/around the draft; 2) Kyrie got wind of it after the draft; and 3) Kyrie demands a trade and threatens surgery?

Maybe I'm wrong, but not seeing where he actually made the request to the Cavs until we all heard about it.

says he thought about it, and the idea he wanted to the #1 guy on a team.

Kind of conflicting, as well. Says he made it known he wanted to go during his first few years (when he was the clear #1), but then wanted to leave because he wasn't the #1 when Lebron joined? why would he want to go his first few years when he had no idea Lebron was coming back when he was the clear #1?

Also, says "reportedly" made the request before the draft, then later to Gilbert. If he really made the request before the draft, I would have to think Gilbert would have been notified. why the need to tell him again later?

Not at all saying you are wrong here, Quavarius, as no reason you'd want to mislead, but thinking if this were really true, it would have gotten out and no reason for Cavs not to make it known.

Re-reading it, I agree, it is conflicting. I just remembered hearing that he actually wanted to leave after the championship run. That part stuck with me. But looking back at it, it's sounding like he "thought" about it but didn't make it known yet it also says he let them know early on he wasn't going to be in Cleveland for long. Sorry for adding to the confusion.

Maybe there's new information, but didn't the story go: 1) Cavs looked to trade Kyrie during/around the draft; 2) Kyrie got wind of it after the draft; and 3) Kyrie demands a trade and threatens surgery?
I think that's one report, and very well could have gone down just like that. I think it could be as simple as he wanted to be the man. Just not sure when he requested/demanded the trade.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Re-reading it, I agree, it is conflicting. I just remembered hearing that he actually wanted to leave after the championship run. That part stuck with me. But looking back at it, it's sounding like he "thought" about it but didn't make it known yet it also says he let them know early on he wasn't going to be in Cleveland for long. Sorry for adding to the confusion.
No worries. Weird situation all around.

Reactions: Quavarius
Cavs get a win tonight? If they don’t, I’m thinking it’s a clean sweep.
Yep, the Q will be rocking and the Warriors will play like their typical shitty Game 3 selves when up 2-0 in a playoff series while the Cavs role players will play better better defense and make their 3 pointers.

Recency bias is so hard for us human beings to overcome. We see 1 blowout and we assume that the next game will be a blowout as well instead of the loser making adjustments and playing with more intensity the next time around.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Yep, the Q will be rocking and the Warriors will play like their typical shitty Game 3 selves when up 2-0 in a playoff series while the Cavs role players will play better better defense and make their 3 pointers.

Recency bias is so hard for us human beings to overcome. We see 1 blowout and we assume that the next game will be a blowout as well instead of the loser making adjustments and playing with more intensity the next time around.
For the series sake I hope the Cavs win tonight. My summer is miserable as far as sports go, other then golf. I need this series to last as long as possible!

For the series sake I hope the Cavs win tonight. My summer is miserable as far as sports go, other then golf. I need this series to last as long as possible!
definitely one of the huge advantages of having a top NBA team to cheer for. Takes us to at least mid June or so, draft only a week later, than FA only a week or 2 after that. By the time FA dies down, NFL training camp starts and less than a few weeks for preseason games.

I think Cleveland wins tonight but it will be close. We haven’t really seen a blowout yet, the Cavs were in game 2 for all but 7 minutes or so.
comes down to first quarter for sure. Cavs go down 31-17 and it takes the crowd out of it. could be good night.

definitely one of the huge advantages of having a top NBA team to cheer for. Takes us to at least mid June or so, draft only a week later, than FA only a week or 2 after that. By the time FA dies down, NFL training camp starts and less than a few weeks for preseason games.
I see my Panthers play your Browns week 14. That is another battle for another day though ;)

ADVERTISEMENT