ADVERTISEMENT

***NBA Playoffs: Finals Thread***

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
I think we are set for some good series here. Thoughts and predictions for round 1?

West:
Rockets over Wolves in 5
Thunder over Jazz in 7
Pelicans over Blazers in 7
Warriors over Spurs in 6

East:
Raptors over Wizards in 6
Cavs over Pacers in 6
Sixers over Heat in 5
Bucks over Celtics in 7

Man that Nuggets game was hard to watch. Can’t believe we couldn’t win it in OT.

I like the Wolves, Thunder, blazers and warriors.
Raptors, cavs, sixers, celtics.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Man that Nuggets game was hard to watch. Can’t believe we couldn’t win it in OT.

I like the Wolves, Thunder, blazers and warriors.
Raptors, cavs, sixers, celtics.
Wolves over the Rockets?? That would be huge, but I would love to see KAT advance. The Rockets are going to have a hard time with him.

I think we are set for some good series here. Thoughts and predictions for round 1?

West:
Rockets over Wolves in 5
Thunder over Jazz in 7
Blazers over Pelicans in 7
Warriors over Spurs in 5

East:
Raptors over Wizards in 5
Cavs over Pacers in 6
Sixers over Heat in 6
Bucks over Celtics in 7
Edited with my picks. All in all I think yours were pretty good, though

Reactions: JimboBBN
Rockets in 4
Okc in 7
Blazers in 7
Warriors in 6

Raptors in 5
Cavs in 5
Celtics in 7
76ers in 6

Wolves over the Rockets?? That would be huge, but I would love to see KAT advance. The Rockets are going to have a hard time with him.
I love KAT and Wiggins (RCJH). Plus they beat my Nugs, so I’m pulling for them. If I were to put money on it, I’m sure I’d feel differently. But since I’m not, go Wolves!

Rockets / 5
Utah / 7*
Blazers / 7*
Warriors / 5

Raptors / 5
Cavs / 6
Sixers / 6
Celtics / 7*

*would be okay with game 7s going either way

Last edited:

West:
Rockets over Wolves in 5
Thunder over Jazz in 7
Warriors over Spurs in 6

East:
Cavs over Pacers in 6
Sixers over Heat in 5
Bucks over Celtics in 7

Rockets in 7
Utah in 6
NO in 7
GS in 5

Toronto in 6
Philly in 5
Cs in 6

yes, one missing, as I have tried to avoid picking games involving my team since the Browns lost in the Drive

West:
Rockets over Wolves in 5
Thunder over Jazz in 7
Warriors over Spurs in 6

East:
Cavs over Pacers in 6
Sixers over Heat in 5
Bucks over Celtics in 7

Agree with all of your picks except for Bucks over Celtics. Jabari is rounding into shape after missing much of the season, but I think next year will be their year to go deep in the playoffs (if he's healthy).

Rockets in 7
Utah in 6
NO in 7
GS in 5

Toronto in 6
Philly in 5
Cs in 6

yes, one missing, as I have tried to avoid picking games involving my team since the Browns lost in the Drive
I would LOVE to see the Wolves take the Rockets to seven. And totally understand! Looks like we agree on everything except the Celtics and Jazz.

Reactions: dtgold88
Agree with all of your picks except for Bucks over Celtics. Jabari is rounding into shape after missing much of the season, but I think next year will be their year to go deep in the playoffs (if he's healthy).
I just don't see how the Celtics beat them without their two best guards. I have a ton of respect for Stevens and his guys, they always play hard and play great defense. But the Freak is coming, and he's got a pretty good group around at this point.

Reactions: KisteK and dtgold88
I just don't see how the Celtics beat them without their two best guards. I have a ton of respect for Stevens and his guys, they always play hard and play great defense. But the Freak is coming, and he's got a pretty good group around at this point.

The edge in coaching is what is going to allow the Celtics to get out of the first round but I don't know how far they will advance throughout the playoffs.

I would LOVE to see the Wolves take the Rockets to seven. And totally understand! Looks like we agree on everything except the Celtics and Jazz.
Yep....and I could see either of those going the other way.

Rockets will curbstomp Wolves. 7 games? Lol.
Rockets in 5, if not 4.

West:
Rockets over Wolves in 6
Jazz over Thunder in 7
Warriors over Spurs in 5

East:
Cavs over Pacers in 5
Sixers over Heat in 6
Celtics over Bucks in 6

With GS' injury, I don't think any series would be a huge surprise to go either way. Yeah, Minnesota maybe but they have played very well even with no Butler, and now he's back.

And, of course, GS gets the obligatory missing star on the other team to maybe negate losing Curry.

With GS' injury, I don't think any series would be a huge surprise to go either way. Yeah, Minnesota maybe but they have played very well even with no Butler, and now he's back.

And, of course, GS gets the obligatory missing star on the other team to maybe negate losing Curry.
Is Curry a sure thing in round 2? I'm not sure how serious the injury was, but even if/when the Warriors get to the next round, I don't see Portland/New Orleans having enough to beat them even minus Curry.

I think the Rockets are locked in and ready to roll. While I’d love to see the Dubs fall, I think they’ll handle the Spurs rather easily. Hope to be wrong on that one. I also think Toronto will be focused and get to the second round without any trouble.

Is Curry a sure thing in round 2? I'm not sure how serious the injury was, but even if/when the Warriors get to the next round, I don't see Portland/New Orleans having enough to beat them even minus Curry.
I even heard something that said he could play in this series, so would think next series should be a go...but who knows?

I think either of those teams could beat a Curry-less GS....but Lillard or Holiday will go down as always seems to be the case.

I think the Rockets are locked in and ready to roll. While I’d love to see the Dubs fall, I think they’ll handle the Spurs rather easily. Hope to be wrong on that one. I also think Toronto will be focused and get to the second round without any trouble.
with no Kawhi, I can't see them losing that one. I wonder if Kawhi was playing if they'd rush Curry back.

Reactions: 829305
with no Kawhi, I can't see them losing that one. I wonder if Kawhi was playing if they'd rush Curry back.
Was hoping to see em play OKC, and if they did, I was convinced Steph would be back by game 3 or so. I’ve been wrong before though, this one time. ;)

Things I’m looking forward to:

1. Born Ready vs Bron

2. OKC implosion - could definitely be wrong, but I feel like Melo is about to get crucified on the defensive end, Brodie isn’t going to pass him the ball enough, and things will sour quick when they start dropping games. High drama potential between those guys and PG13.

Things I’m looking forward to:

1. Born Ready vs Bron

2. OKC implosion - could definitely be wrong, but I feel like Melo is about to get crucified on the defensive end, Brodie isn’t going to pass him the ball enough, and things will sour quick when they start dropping games. High drama potential between those guys and PG13.
Shame on me, I guess, but who is Born Ready?

Shame on me, I guess, but who is Born Ready?
giphy.gif

Would love it if the Greek Freak took a step toward greatness and led the Bucks over the Celtics. I give them a puncher's chance.

I think the Rockets are vulnerable with Luc Mbah a Moute out, especially with Thibs as coach. D'Antoni still has to dispel his reputation as a coach who kicks ass during the regular season and fizzles in the playoffs.

Philadelphia is an extremely young team and thus quite unpredictable. Spoelstra is an extremely underrated coach. Miami has a great chance at an upset.

Reactions: KisteK and dtgold88
West:
Rockets over Wolves in 5
Thunder over Jazz in 7
Blazers over Pels in 5
Warriors over Spurs in 5

East:
Cavs over Pacers in 5
Sixers over Heat in 7
Cs over Bucks in 6

Rockets in 4 Over the Wolves and the Celtics in 4/5 Over the Bucks and the Blazers in 4/5 Over the Pelicans but I feel like every other series should go 6 or more.

This weekend is going to be awesome!

‘Tis the season of identifying obnoxious middle-aged women in the stands that you instantly hate once again

Shitty and rainy day in Kentucky today. Perfect weather to stay in, enjoy some nice drink/smoke, and watch some NBA :)

I feel like a kid at Christmas! Besides the NCAA Tournament, this is my favorite event!

Spurs stand no chance without Kawhi. What’s the deal with him? Does he really want out that bad that he’s going to refuse to play? Strange situation

ADVERTISEMENT