ADVERTISEMENT

***NBA Playoffs: Finals Thread***

Not sure about put to rest for good, but I don’t see MJ getting swept by anyone. No matter who he’s against.

If Golden State closes the Cavs out that talk should be dead unless we reward second place finishes. Who's to say Cleveland can't win on Friday and another in Oracle? LBJ is a bad dude so it won't surprise me if he pulls that off.

If Golden State closes the Cavs out that talk should be dead unless we reward second place finishes. Who's to say Cleveland can't win on Friday and another in Oracle? LBJ is a bad dude so it won't surprise me if he pulls that off.
I’m not sure man, hard to say one series shuts the door completely. Let’s see what happens game four.

I think Durant is clearly #2 in the league behind Lebron. I know some say AD, who I think is tremendous, but the durability is just too big of an issue for me (at least to this point).
Have to agree with this. I always liked LJ till he started running his mouth and got political. I don't want to know his politics, just entertain us.

Prepare to be surprised.

In your eyes he needs to shut up and dribble?
Nope. he can say anything he wants, but he has to understand that what he says has consequences. If he and others want to take the NBA down the same road that has all but killed the NFL, be my guest. He is free to say what he wants, I am free to not watch or spend money on the NBA. Any pro athlete willing to kill his golden egg, is not very smart.

So, Lebron can keep bumping his gums, and keep turning people off, his decision.

May wanna prepare yourself to get swept. That may be surprising to you.
That's what I meant when I said "prepare to be surprised" when you said the Cavs coming back and winning 1 or 2 games wouldn't surprise you. LeBron is a bad dude, and he's played like a bad dude throughout this series, and he's 0-3. So no, I expect the Cavs to be swept.

Nope. he can say anything he wants, but he has to understand that what he says has consequences. If he and others want to take the NBA down the same road that has all but killed the NFL, be my guest. He is free to say what he wants, I am free to not watch or spend money on the NBA. Any pro athlete willing to kill his golden egg, is not very smart.

So, Lebron can keep bumping his gums, and keep turning people off, his decision.

The NBA is miles different from the NFL and he’s been speaking on several topics. I guess you haven’t been paying attention.

The NBA is miles different from the NFL and he’s been speaking on several topics. I guess you haven’t been paying attention.
Do I follow every word athletes say? No, too many other things in life to do. Most of them act like spoiled brats. And most are dumb as a rock.

I am guessing you are a Lebron fan.

Do I follow every word athletes say? No, too many other things in life to do. Most of them act like spoiled brats. And most are dumb as a rock.

You guessed wrong. I’m a fan of his and many when they address social issues in this country.

Reactions: dtgold88

Most athletes either are devoid of social views or averse to risk alienating anyone by taking a stance and thus compromising their marketing value. They are content to be pitchmen and advertising tools to generate humongous wealth and then comically exceeding their earnings with absurd spending. I find LeBron to be a refreshing contrast to the norm.

Wish they had just called that a double foul or no foul and let the game play on. They both committed fouls at just about the same time. LeBron has been getting away with that chicken wing to create space all playoffs. A lot of times dislodging a player 2-3 feet with no calls to create space.

NBA Refs have looked like college refs all playoffs sadly. Effected by the home crowd and making calls to appease the crowd. Pathetic.
assuming this is the call I'm thinking that's a clear foul on Curry. Can't hold it against Lebron for being so much bigger.

Had Curry been the offensive guy and Lebron on D with each doing what the other did on the actual play, Lebron would not have budged and Curry, as the offensive guy, probably falls.

NBA officiating is always ridiculously inconsistent. They kill each other at times with no calls, touch each other at times and it's a foul, call double techs for dudes just talking mess, etc... It's a great product at times and also hard to watch at times.
I do think they got that one right, but agree with your comment.

He gets the superstar treatment sometimes but you can’t say the guy doesn’t get hit driving to the lane more than anyone else. Isn’t really close even. His strength is held against him and it’s not fair. Not an LBJ guy by any means, but I think they got that one right.
They did, had Curry done what Lebron did with Lebron defending, Curry still falls and Lebron holds his ground.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Do people really avoid watching certain sports or athletes because of their political views? That seems insane to me.
I don't buy it. I think they might say they do, but that's it.

If they do, how weak minded must one be? To give up something they have probably loved their entire life over the action or words of someone they don't know which probably did not affect them?

I don't know if you are a fan of the NBA, but if you are you are saying you'd stop watching because of something someone SAID?

@dtgold88 you alive bro?? You can’t leave me yet, we have Panthers and Browns to talk about later this year!
I watch the game with my son and stay off these threads during the game. I'm alive and actually OK under the circumstances. Down 0-2 never figured they could win the series, so at this point almost a good thing for me they lost Game 1, otherwise I'd be pissed right now they let that one slip away.

So I've got that going for me.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Oh will the Irrationals and "experts" overreact today. Lebron must be leaving. No way he can compete here.....never mind they had leads inside 3 minutes in 2 games. Why is there no talk of CP leaving Houston? They have as bad a cap situation as the Cavs and lost 2 games to GS by 70. Dysfunctional summer for the Cavs? They are exactly where they were last year.....WITH Kyrie.

As I Duke fan, it was nice to see Rodney Hood get in the game and make some plays. But man, he played some amazingly terrible defense in the final 3 minutes of the game! Cleveland was up 97-96, and he got beat on 5 consecutive possessions, which resulted in 12 points for Golden State. GS went up 108-102 after Draymond Green's dunk.

- Hood somehow got himself in a weird guarding position, where he was behind Curry, near the right corner. Led to an easy drive and layup for Curry (2:58 left in game, GS 98-97).

-Shortly after a turnover on Cleveland's end, Draymond Green finds Curry, who dribbled a little bit in the east-west direction and then faked towards Klay Thompson. Hood bit on the play, leaving Curry wide open for an easy 3-pointer (2:38 left, GS 101-97)

-After a pick-and-roll, Igoudala was free to the basket and Hood failed to rotate over (1:37 left, GS 103-100).

-With about a minute left, Hood was guarding Durant 6-10 feet beyond the 3-point line. But to be fair, he wasn't really guarding him. There was a large gap between Hood and Durant, as he was looking around waiting for the oncoming screen. When the screener finally came, Hood backed off and switched before JR Smith could reasonably close in on Durant. The shot was not an easy one, as it was deep. But Hood backed off, and essentially left Durant wide-open (49 secs left, GS 106-100).

-Hood was guarding Curry, who didn't have the ball at the time, but Curry ran out towards Durant to set a screen. However, Curry faked the screen and reversed towards the left wing. Hood was beaten by a good 7-10 feet, which forced JR Smith to leave his man to help. Once Hood caught up, Curry noticed that JR Smith's guy, Draymond Green, was alone. After a quick dribble, Curry got through the double team and sent a beautiful pass to Draymond for a wide-open dunk (25 secs left, GS 108-102).

Easily? Not so sure about that.

ask yourself this as to who is better. who wins the series if they switch? I don't think any of these games would be close.

Haralabob (legendary NBA gambler, occasional Bill Simmons podcast guest) thinks that the new Warriors would be favorites if LeBron was traded for Curry AND Durant. Just a fun nugget, but by someone who knows what he's talking about.

never mind they had leads inside 3 minutes in 2 games.

Interesting. Note that the Rockets won two close games to go up 3-2, then Paul gets hurt and the narrative is now that GSW got lucky. But weren't they a bit unlucky to lose both those close games? Close games are usually coin flips even for great teams, and so many narratives in NBA history are driven by the outcome of close games. For example, the 1993 Bulls had both the Charles Smith game (game 5 at NY) and John Paxson game (game 6 at Phoenix) that prevented the Bulls from having to play a game 7 on the road. What if either play goes the other way? Maybe Jordan loses an elimination game? Does he still walk away?

Oh the generalization. Yeah, the athletes that sacrifice time and living in the gym are spoiled. Too much of Daddy's money!

Interesting. Note that the Rockets won two close games to go up 3-2, then Paul gets hurt and the narrative is now that GSW got lucky. But weren't they a bit unlucky to lose both those close games? Close games are usually coin flips even for great teams, and so many narratives in NBA history are driven by the outcome of close games. For example, the 1993 Bulls had both the Charles Smith game (game 5 at NY) and John Paxson game (game 6 at Phoenix) that prevented the Bulls from having to play a game 7 on the road. What if either play goes the other way? Maybe Jordan loses an elimination game? Does he still walk away?
mazing what a play or a few plays can do......Fans and even so-called experts can overreact like it's no one's business.

Even Lue is getting roasted here (shock, I know). Is he a better coach if the refs don't switch the call, and Durant only plays a little out of his mind instead of a low and the Cavs are up 2-1?

and of course Lebron has to go because there is "no way" he can win with this roster.

I don't know if they can, but considering where they are now, suppose they kept the entire roster together and add the 8 pick? In addition, they have a camp together and no roster upheaval during the season? No chance they improve?

Oh the generalization. Yeah, the athletes that sacrifice time and living in the gym are spoiled. Too much of Daddy's money!
It amazes me how often these athletes are "attacked". either for their opinions or the money they make.

why is this never said about someone like Oprah? And guess what....there are athletes you could teach to have a talk show. No chance you could turn Oprah into an athlete.

Reactions: Quavarius
Can we please take the political BS to the other thread. Thanks.

Otherwise KB will start banning people. I just spoke for him, but I hope he does.

Switch LBJ and KD on these teams. The answer is no

KD and LeBron are statistically, virtually, equal in offensive efficiency. Both are self-sufficient scorers, meaning the help around them doesn't impact their offense much. KD is the better 3 point shooter and LeBron is the better interior scorer. Bron gets more assists, KD blocks more shots and doesn't turn the ball over as often.

Switch these two guys and there's no difference in the way the series would go.

ADVERTISEMENT