ADVERTISEMENT

Nantz-Raftery-Hill

Gater4Life

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2004
Do you guys like this trio? I think they are awful. Nantz is ok I guess but Hill says nothing interesting and Raftery’s analysis is awful. I miss Greg Anthony and especially Steve Kerr.

They kept talking about Duke throwing the lob saying it was the most they've ever seen a team use the lob. I've seen countless teams throw the lob more this season especially Kansas who had 8 lob dunks against Cuse themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockChalkRally
I feel like they read passed criticism that they were just thrown together so they have forced interaction. Raftery wanted to do his classic "man-to-man" but it was Syracuse so he said zone with man-to-man principles which is dumb. Then Hill said "we all know this." It just felt forced. Plus Jim Nantz has nothing to do with college basketball all year then gets to do the biggest games. For some reason that pisses me off.

Replace Grant Hill. He is good on NBATV in studio but is terrible calling games. While we are at it, Chris Webber is awful calling college games. Also, if we are getting rid of people, none were worse than Len Elmore. He is by far the worst announcer I ever heard and he made so many mistakes.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I feel like they read passed criticism that they were just thrown together so they have forced interaction. Raftery wanted to do his classic "man-to-man" but it was Syracuse so he said zone with man-to-man principles which is dumb. Then Hill said "we all know this." It just felt forced. Plus Jim Nantz has nothing to do with college basketball all year then gets to do the biggest games. For some reason that pisses me off.

Replace Grant Hill. He is good on NBATV in studio but is terrible calling games. While we are at it, Chris Webber is awful calling college games. Also, if we are getting rid of people, none were worse than Len Elmore. He is by far the worst announcer I ever heard and he made so many mistakes.

They need to throw the bank at Gus Johnson and get that man back for March Madness alone.

Do you guys like this trio? I think they are awful. Nantz is ok I guess but Hill says nothing interesting and Raftery’s analysis is awful. I miss Greg Anthony and especially Steve Kerr.
Ditto.

I simply wish that they would serve up the facts of the game pure and simple. Let the "color" man give some commentary based on his experience.

The guys often don't let you know who got the foul, how many he has, how well he is shooting, etc. Help us follow the game and a lot less opinion.

Raftery is awesome.

I miss Gus Johnson at CBS. Dude was made to call march madness games

Get Gus back here NOW!!!
giphy.gif

I liked Raferty a decade ago. It’s just so played out now. He forces his shtick too often, and it comes off as such. It’s just not smooth anymore.

Hill is fairly vanilla.

Nantz is the one I don’t like. Dude is a total putz. The tie thing kills me too.

Wow. You guys smell like Onions. Cant believe some dont like Raftery

His analysis is awful. Really listen to what it is he says...it is either terrible advice or just some obvious comment on what happened. There is a reason he fell out of favor with ESPN. There has to be better options.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I liked Raferty a decade ago. It’s just so played out now. He forces his shtick too often, and it comes off as such. It’s just not smooth anymore.

Hill is fairly vanilla.

Nantz is the one I don’t like. Dude is a total putz. The tie thing kills me too.

Hello friends.
jim-nantz-300-300.jpeg

Reactions: Hank_
Raffertg has his own dialect that is kind of tinekess. Hill is a bore.

Can you image how much better today's Kansas/duke game would've been with Gus Johnson on the call instead of nance?

Can you image how much better today's Kansas/duke game would've been with Gus Johnson on the call instead of nance?
It would have been super annoying. Gus gets on my last nerve. He is too hyper.

Raftery is old garbage. Terrible. Grant Hill is OK. There are better ones out there obviously.
Nantz isn’t terrible but Gus Johnson or Ian Sparnackle or whatever his name is would both better than Nantz.

Raf and Vitale are yesterday. I am 76 and am quite tired of their diatribes. Nance talks the same no matter the sport. He is just plain boring. Get some talent that knows the sport and doesn't talk with slang. It is TV and not a playgrouhd.

It would have been super annoying. Gus gets on my last nerve. He is too hyper.

I tend to agree with this...I think Gus would wear on you after continued listens...his excitement is great until you realize his excitement level does not vary regardless of what is actually happening in the game.

Reactions: 78Cyclones
In a town rife with alcohol as it is, when we'd tip the glass every time Steve Kerr said "that's the cumulative effect of Louisville's defense" we'd generally be drunk by the under four timeout of the first half.

I liked Kerr with Nantz; Kellogg thrown in with it was a little much. Always like Raff but Hill's presence seems like more of the same need to toss random Dookie into the fray for fear of losing the broadcast.

Raftery saying man to man really fast is the highlight of the game. Don't @ me bro

ADVERTISEMENT