ADVERTISEMENT

MJ vs Lebitch

Would you have Lebron on your team if you were building a team from players of his generation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, said a bunch of crap about how if they can't handle the distractions they shouldn't be playing for the Lakers. 20 minutes after clearly quitting on his team yet again during a game.
They’re lacking true shooters. The lakers are LeBron, Ingram (when he shows up), Kuzma (when he shows up) and McGee. Rondo is good but isn’t a scorer. Caldwell pope and hart have been extremely streaky.

Every LBJ thread needs a post with flopping gifs

lebron-flopping-versus-knicks.gif

giphy.gif

le+flop.gif

SkeletalUnconsciousIndiancow-size_restricted.gif

They’re lacking true shooters. The lakers are LeBron, Ingram (when he shows up), Kuzma (when he shows up) and McGee. Rondo is good but isn’t a scorer. Caldwell pope and hart have been extremely streaky.

what does that have to do with anything I posted?

LeBron had the chance to go to any team he wanted. He is more concerned with making movies and growing his brand than he is winning. He has a movie shoot scheduled this summer in the middle of the playoffs.

Reactions: RollTide7277
LeBron had the chance to go to any team he wanted. He is more concerned with making movies and growing his brand than he is winning. He has a movie shoot scheduled this summer in the middle of the playoffs.
That’s cool too, let the man enjoy life. LA is 50 times better than the previous city he was playing for, in terms of living.

LBJ standing around on D again last night to lose to the terrible Grizzlies. Has he played defense in the last 5+ years?

Then gives a post game interview talking about his teammates not having any urgency. LMAO. You really look like you have a ton of urgency standing still on D and letting bad players drive to the lane.

Trash teammate. Not a top 4 player of all-time.

LBJ standing around on D again last night to lose to the terrible Grizzlies. Has he played defense in the last 5+ years?

Then gives a post game interview talking about his teammates not having any urgency. LMAO. You really look like you have a ton of urgency standing still on D and letting bad players drive to the lane.

Trash teammate. Not a top 4 player of all-time.
I do think he throws his teammates under the bus A LOT. He gets all this credit for being a great leader, and a few years ago I'd agree. As of now, he's just an entitled brat with comments like this.

All that said, there is no doubt he's top 4 all time, at least.

I do think he throws his teammates under the bus A LOT. He gets all this credit for being a great leader, and a few years ago I'd agree. As of now, he's just an entitled brat with comments like this.

All that said, there is no doubt he's top 4 all time, at least.
I'll still say in discussion for GOAT, but agree 100% with other comments. I've never thought he was a great leader. Also something to KD's "toxic" comments. Not sure why a superstar would play with him. Win and Lebron will get the credit. Don't and he'll deflect blame.....and the fanboy media will eat it up.

I could see a lesser star wanting to go there for a shot at a title. Like a Bradley Beal, maybe?

If the Lakers somehow won the lottery and got the top pick it will be confirmed that the NBA draft is rigged.
That would sure be the narrative and I'd bet the NBA would be terrified of this because the idea they actually rig the lottery is absurd IMO.

I'll still say in discussion for GOAT, but agree 100% with other comments. I've never thought he was a great leader. Also something to KD's "toxic" comments. Not sure why a superstar would play with him. Win and Lebron will get the credit. Don't and he'll deflect blame.....and the fanboy media will eat it up.

I could see a lesser star wanting to go there for a shot at a title. Like a Bradley Beal, maybe?
For sure still in the discussion. I'm not sure how anyone could leave him off their Mt. Rushmore at this point. Only player in NBA history top 10 in points and assists. Hell, he will probably end up as the leagues all time leading scorer, too. At the very minimum number 2.

Reactions: dtgold88
Lebron is just way too much drama for me personally. Whether it comes to politics or being a passive aggressive leader/teammate from the outside looking in. Helluva a player and a once a generation talent that will go down as most likely top 5 all time. Maybe Jordan would have been/come across that way had he played in the days of social media. I do know he is still in the spotlight as an owner , yet I don't see him saying some of the dumb things Lebron says at times. I am all for charity and giving back when you have been blessed and privileged to live the life they have both lived. I just immediately question anyone that seems to thrive and use politics as a soap box for anything they can. I feel that way about everyday schmucks on FB the same way I feel about people in the public eye on the subject.

Lebron has to be furious with Gilbert, right, as this is all his fault.
*He fired the GM who is not a GM and was not fired *Gilbert was not able to move Cleveland to LA.
*He didn't keep Kyrie so Kyrie could have missed the playoffs with us and watched Game 7 from his Cleveland home as opposed to Boston. Never mind Cavs probably would have been out in round 1.
*He missed out on the effect Kyrie has on a team. With him healthy and the great Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge they dropped from the 2 seed to the 5 as of now.
*Because the Cavs only won one title and played for 3 others, Magic figured it was obvious what they did here was not working so he said he was gonna do things differently. ....and the fanboy media ate it up.

Thought of this thread when I read this...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/12/education/lebron-james-school-ohio.html

Apparently the kids from LeBrons school, who were among the worst behaved and worst performing in the city, are absolutely blowing the doors off of growth expectations. And it goes way beyond that... the school is providing for the families in every way, in ways that some are saying are simply life saving. All of it is costing no more than a regular city school, thanks to James offsetting the extra 600k/year cost. Anyone involved in the study of young people and of families knows that the initial investment in these early years will pay literally generations worth of dividends.

MJ may have been a better player, but I’ll take LeBron as a person seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

Reactions: dtgold88
Yeah, I agree. I don't let anyone's views or politics impact where I eat, shop, what I watch, etc... That has always seemed weak to me, like you are letting other people control your decisions.
If that's a 100%, absolute answer, it's pretty disgusting. It's fine to have the overall attitude separating the artist from the art, the human from the job performance, but if there aren't exceptions, you don't stand for anything.

Boycotting something is 100% within your control. Refusing to boycott anything ever is to give a tacit pass on everything, effectively giving control to abhorrent people doing abhorrent things.

That professed stance wouldn't make you mr-open-minded, cory. It would make you a milquetoast, enabling weakling.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. I don't let anyone's views or politics impact where I eat, shop, what I watch, etc... That has always seemed weak to me, like you are letting other people control your decisions.
If that's a 100%, absolute answer, it's pretty disgusting. It's fine to have the overall attitude separating the artist from the art, the human from the job performance, but if there aren't exceptions, you don't stand for anything.

Boycotting something is 100% within your control. Refusing to boycott anything ever is to give a tacit pass on everything, effectively giving control to abhorrent people doing abhorrent things.

That professed stance wouldn't make you mr-open-minded, cory. It would you a milquetoast, enabling weakling.

I know you like being a condescending prick when people disagree with you but justifying your overwhelming sensitivities here isn’t necessary. Everyone knows your deal. I don’t care what you think nor how open minded you incorrectly believe you are. You are more close minded than most. You are too far gone to matter to reasonable people.

I know you like being a condescending prick when people disagree with you but justifying your overwhelming sensitivities here isn’t necessary. Everyone knows your deal. I don’t care what you think nor how open minded you incorrectly believe you are. You are more close minded than most. You are too far gone to matter to reasonable people.
lol The hit dog yelps, cory.

I take it you did mean it as an absolute, that nothing anyone ever does would ever cause you to shop elsewhere. You actually think that says something positive about you.

Pretty rich calling me condescending when you just claimed people who would stand on principle are weak.

lol The hit dog yelps, cory.

I take it you did mean it as an absolute, that nothing anyone ever does would ever cause you to shop elsewhere. You actually think that says something positive about you.

Pretty rich calling me condescending when you just claimed people who would stand on principle are weak.

So who hit you to make you bark? Be a little more self-aware. You can't be an ass and then try to act like someone responding helps out your righteous indignation.

I feel basically anyone who has ever dealt with you would agree you are condescending. Being subtle about it (or clever at times) doesn't make it any less true.

You being so literal that you can't see past the red to understand my point is a you problem. It has always been a you problem, Dat. You are just the only one who doesn't realize it. Maybe you should take another TO to deal with the issues that prevent you from posting anywhere without having the entire board dread your BS.

Last edited:
Who is being so literal, cory? I qualified my first response as relevant only should you mean it as an absolute. Your defensive whining about it demonstrates that you did mean it so absolutely, so literally. Otherwise you're welcome to clarify that you acknowledge exceptions and move the ML along. If not, I was right on the money and you have no defense for it but to complain about who I am.

Anybody that thinks LeBron isn't the GOAT is an absolute dipshit.

Gets to the finals with cleveland first time around when he's like 22 with a joke roster around him. Leaves. Cavs go on to being one of the worst teams in the league for 4 seasons. Comes back. Immediately in the finals while his former team, the heat, can't do shit in the playoffs. Leaves Cleveland again, and back to one of the worst teams in the league.

MJ leaves and the Bulls are still solidly in the playoffs.

MJ wouldn't have done shit without another top 50 player all time on the roster with him and 2-3 other borderline all stars. Plus Jordan never beat a team in the finals that ever won a title with their core.

LeBron takes a bunch of scrubs to the finals and repeatedly had to face two of the best dynasties in the past 4 decades, the Tim Duncan spurs and splash brother warriors.

MJ is so ****ing overrated it's a joke.

I don't think you understand what "quitting" means. HINT: It's not a synonym for retiring.

Do you need the meaning of the word explained to you?
Retiring in your prime is the definition of quitting, you unabashed idiot.

Who is being so literal, cory? I qualified my first response as relevant only should you mean it as an absolute. Your defensive whining about it demonstrates that you did mean it so absolutely, so literally. Otherwise you're welcome to clarify that you acknowledge exceptions and move the ML along. If not, I was right on the money and you have no defense for it but to complain about who I am.

There is a lot to complain about. I don't really play your games. I've gone that route with you before and you'll change the rules until you feel like you have proven a point. You didn't really qualify it. You half-assed it and then went on to try to be a condescending prick, like I said. You could have asked if you really wanted to not be you but not being you makes you a decent, reasonable person and that is below you. You need to feel above the fray you create to justify all your nonsense. You need to try and prove some point by acting that way and then try to frame it. Just be wrong and keep your mouth closed. That has worked well for all of us.

Anybody that thinks LeBron isn't the GOAT is an absolute dipshit.

Gets to the finals with cleveland first time around when he's like 22 with a joke roster around him. Leaves. Cavs go on to being one of the worst teams in the league for 4 seasons. Comes back. Immediately in the finals while his former team, the heat, can't do shit in the playoffs. Leaves Cleveland again, and back to one of the worst teams in the league.

MJ leaves and the Bulls are still solidly in the playoffs.

MJ wouldn't have done shit without another top 50 player all time on the roster with him and 2-3 other borderline all stars. Plus Jordan never beat a team in the finals that ever won a title with their core.

LeBron takes a bunch of scrubs to the finals and repeatedly had to face two of the best dynasties in the past 4 decades, the Tim Duncan spurs and splash brother warriors.

MJ is so ****ing overrated it's a joke.

:eek:

There is a lot to complain about. I don't really play your games. I've gone that route with you before and you'll change the rules until you feel like you have proven a point. You didn't really qualify it. You half-assed it and then went on to try to be a condescending prick, like I said. You could have asked if you really wanted to not be you but not being you makes you a decent, reasonable person and that is below you. You need to feel above the fray you create to justify all your nonsense. You need to try and prove some point by acting that way and then try to frame it. Just be wrong and keep your mouth closed. That has worked well for all of us.
Thanks for the elementary school teacher psychoanalysis, corkster. Don't be mad you tried to sound so tough but ended up sounding like a short-sighted rube.

Thanks for the elementary school teacher psychoanalysis, corkster. Don't be mad you tried to sound so tough but ended up sounding like a short-sighted rube.

I didn't try and sound tough. I don't even understand what that means or how my take would be 'tough'. It hurt your sensitivities for some reason. I'm not sure what you have boycotted that didn't make a difference but you and your buds all high-fived over. Good on you though. That is your right for sure.

I didn't try and sound tough. I don't even understand what that means or how my take would be 'tough'. It hurt your sensitivities for some reason. I'm not sure what you have boycotted that didn't make a difference but you and your buds all high-fived over. Good on you though. That is your right for sure.
You dug your heels in over never ever ever having any purchasing decision influenced by moral principle. You're an absolutist. You're all defensive over the fact that you're short-sighted and shallow-thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT