ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Few...shots fired @ UNC (others)

I mean, there are literally no asterisks but if you need to feel good about them somehow that’s cool. I bet we could find a few bad calls that helped Duke in a couple of their title runs. Or we could be dumb enough to think Lance Thomas (did he play in one) is a black mark on one somehow?? That’s all silly fanboy stuff though.

Yes, it is all silly. I'm not disagreeing. Just funny how two of their titles were sealed by boneheaded plays (82,93), one by an obvious missed call (17), and two titles were facilitated by no-show classes. Nothing officially going down as an asterisk, but a pretty good luck of the draw on all of those titles. All titles have an element of a luck to it, but the ones I mentioned were slightly more lucky than most. Just my opinion.

That’s a pretty terrible take but fans do like to justify things.

Reactions: dirtyrock15
Amazing how every UNC hater remembers Webber calling TO but none bring up the travel he got away with seconds before.

Whether it's a technical for calling a timeout or a travel, it's still a boneheaded play. Nobody was within five feet of Webber when he traveled - defense wasn't forcing him in anyway. UNC probably still would have won, but it's a dumb play on Webber's part to seal the victory - travel and timeout.

That’s a pretty terrible take but fans do like to justify things.

A pretty terrible take? I mean, UNC easily could have won the whole thing in 1984, 1998, 2012, or 2016, right? All blue-bloods have cases where they could have a won another title or two... I'm simply saying they've been a little luckier than most programs. That's it. And as I alluded to earlier, there's an element of luck involved in all title runs.

Reactions: KisteK
Whether it's a technical for calling a timeout or a travel, it's still a boneheaded play. Nobody was within five feet of Webber when he traveled - defense wasn't forcing him in anyway. UNC probably still would have won, but it's a dumb play on Webber's part to seal the victory - travel and timeout.

A pretty terrible take? I mean, UNC easily could have won the whole thing in 1984, 1998, 2012, or 2016, right? All blue-bloods have cases where they could have a won another title or two... I'm simply saying they've been a little luckier than most programs. That's it. And as I alluded to earlier, there's an element of luck involved in all title runs.
Webber was trying to pass the ball off & a UNC defender jumped the pass which caused him to travel.

It’s funny that you think you’re bothering me. Keep on thinking about me, I love the attention.
While you’re at it, go bump my thread on RR. Tired of reading about how your players suck, how cal can’t coach & how the refs cheated you. Go bump the King Of Trolls back to the front page.

Like I said, I explained what he meant. I think it makes a lot of sense to compare his team to 'Nova tbh. There are a lot of similarities there. I knew he felt UNC did things the right way though. It's ok if you didn't. Just turns out you were wrong .

Well, either Mark Few believes that academic fraud is "ethical as ethical can be" or he was bullshitting. Hmmm.

It’s funny that you think you’re bothering me. Keep on thinking about me, I love the attention.
While you’re at it, go bump my thread on RR. Tired of reading about how your players suck, how cal can’t coach & how the refs cheated you. Go bump the King Of Trolls back to the front page.
Nope, I'm perfectly fine making you look like a fool daily on this board.

Like I said, I explained what he meant. I think it makes a lot of sense to compare his team to 'Nova tbh. There are a lot of similarities there. I knew he felt UNC did things the right way though. It's ok if you didn't. Just turns out you were wrong .

Well, either Mark Few believes that academic fraud is "ethical as ethical can be" or he was bullshitting. Hmmm.

Sucks, doesn’t it. You thought this was some sort of ‘gotcha’ moment. It wasn’t. Just suck it up. You aren’t alone here.

Sucks, doesn’t it. You thought this was some sort of ‘gotcha’ moment. It wasn’t. Just suck it up. You aren’t alone here.

It wasn't? Oh. Damn. Who says you can't have it both ways?

I was a little salty when it initially happened. But I smile a bit thinking UNC paid $20 million in attorney fees to keep their team eligible.

Also, I think it's kind of interesting that their last 5 titles have small asterisks that are hard to ignore:

2017: Meeks out of bounds with 50 seconds left and UNC up by 1. Ref calls jump-ball; UNC gets the ball due to the alternating possession rule.

2009/2005: African-American Study Titles

1993: Chris Webber calls timeout, subsequently UM is charged with a technical.

1982: Down by 1, Fred Brown passes the ball directly to UNC player, sealing the victory for UNC.

1957: Probably a legitimate title. Although McGuire did have recruiting violations/point shaving during his tenure.

Sounds like you’re still salty. SmokinSmile

Odd... I always thought you were gay.
Says the guy that claims a fake wife. RollLaugh
15c33.jpg

Ya that search feature is real confusing.
What did you type into the search box?

and you say, you're the king of trolls.

I got to you and that's ok. I'll probably do it again. Maybe you can find another picture of me on your next big response.

btw...for those that don't know, that's not really me, it's just @uncfan in ky instagram fantasy of what he wants me to look like. o_O

Reactions: Scotty00
ADVERTISEMENT