ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs #14 North Carolina

When my dad was at Carolina (1968-74), he was mistakenly enrolled in Chinese 50, which was introduction to Chinese. He planned on dropping the class but when he went on the first day, he was the only non-athlete in the whole class. Everyone got an A. I'm sure though that Carolina is the only school which does this with athletes.

Actually, that's not true, come to think of it. When I was at VMI, there was a class called Colonial American History where everyone got an A. It was full of athletes the semester I took it. So other than VMI and Carolina, I'm know that athletes at all other colleges follow the same curriculum as non-athletes.

Wait a minute- I forgot about Stanford. They have this list for athletes which is passed out by the Athletic Department That's Stanford though. It's not like Stanford places much emphasis on academics. So other than Carolina, VMI and Stanford, I'm sure every other school makes athletes take nothing but regular classes.

Whoops- damn. I messed up again. University of Michigan had simple, independent study classes for athletes to which athletes were steered. Still though, that's only Carolina, VMI, Stanford and Michigan. Those schools are all known to be worthless- what would one ever do with a degree from one of those 4 schools? If you really want to get ahead in this world, you need a degree from UK or State, because everyone knows that athletes are treated just like high school valedictorians at those 2 fine institutions.

TL, DR version: Shut up Bert.
giphy.gif

Just to be sure I understand you- any school which offers an independent study class is cheating?

And I know you UK fanboys and olds get a hard-on for blaming refs for all of your life's problems, so your position is well understood.
No sir. I never had an independent study class, ever. I am a chemistry major. We actually had to learn shit and they did not care if you passed or failed. So you can stick your "olds".

I have a real degree instead of a fake one.

Reactions: ymmot31
No sir. I never had an independent study class, ever. I am a chemistry major. We actually had to learn shit and they did not care if you passed or failed. So you can stick your "olds".

I do as well. I have a couple and my Master's had a number of independent study classes where we learned shit and stuff. Crazy, right?

I am not asking if you ever took an independent study class. I am not asking about nor questioning the degree of difficulty of your major.

My question was and is:

Are schools which offer independent study classes cheating?

Crazy? Right.

That explain why you went to UNC.

I went to a real school, where you had to learn something. Of course I did not major in
Ecologising Sociology or something like that.Eyeroll

I didn't go to UNC.

However, how bad does it piss you off that UNC is a better school academically than Kentucky? I mean, that has to suck.

I didn't go to UNC.

However, how bad does it piss you off that UNC is a better school academically than Kentucky? I mean, that has to suck.

It does make him and a few others mad. Better academically despite the drama, last 2 years they watched UNC play for the title, no sanctions when we told them none were coming. I’d say they are a tad burnt by it.

It does make him and a few others mad. Better academically despite the drama, last 2 years they watched UNC play for the title, no sanctions when we told them none were coming. I’d say they are a tad burnt by it.

I know. I don't understand it either. Kentucky is a fine university and just an outstanding athletic university with a historically great basketball program. One would think they would be ok with their own.

I am not asking if you ever took an independent study class. I am not asking about nor questioning the degree of difficulty of your major.

My question was and is:

Are schools which offer independent study classes cheating?

Schools set up majors and topical majors in fields. I am not an academic, so I can't answer your question. But all the classes that I ever took in college required going to class and books and other study aids. I never had a class that required zero effort for a good grade. That is cheating, especially if it is given to keep an athlete eligible.

Schools set up majors and topical majors in fields. I am not an academic, so I can't answer your question. But all the classes that I ever took in college required going to class and books and other study aids. I never had a class that required zero effort for a good grade. That is cheating, especially if it is given to keep an athlete eligible.

Once again, you have not answered my question. The answer is that UK and the vast majority of colleges and universities offer independent study classes where the only requirement is a final research paper.

I agree with you that any class which requires zero effort and awards a grade would be a form of cheating.

Next question- if a student has to complete a paper and turn it in in order to receive a grade, does that constitute effort?

Took the boys to this, their first Carolina game. Good times. Great atmosphere, especially for a team getting mopped up. Place got loud for a moment. Bet it's insane when they get rollin'. Fans were all great to us. Couldn't have been nicer, honestly.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Took the boys to this, their first Carolina game. Good times. Great atmosphere, especially for a team getting mopped up. Place got loud for a moment. Bet it's insane when they get rollin'. Fans were all great to us. Couldn't have been nicer, honestly.
Louisville fans get a bad rap on here. I’ve been to 3 basketball games, 1 football game, 1 volleyball game & the ACC baseball tournament & the UL fans have been awesome to us. Very friendly & no problems at all. I’ll be at UNC series for baseball in March also, can’t wait.

Reactions: 829305
Once again, you have not answered my question. The answer is that UK and the vast majority of colleges and universities offer independent study classes where the only requirement is a final research paper.

I agree with you that any class which requires zero effort and awards a grade would be a form of cheating.

Next question- if a student has to complete a paper and turn it in in order to receive a grade, does that constitute effort?
The UNC paper classes gave grades to folks. No matter how you try to polish the turd it is still a turd.

Reactions: ymmot31
The UNC paper classes gave grades to folks. No matter how you try to polish the turd it is still a turd.

I am going to type very, very slowly so you can keep up.

UNC classes only gave grades to students who turned in work.

No matter how often you call a heart a spade, it is still a heart. And speaking of turds, you are still full of shit for not knowing these most basic facts. Get your head out of your ass and pretend like you have the education about which you so frequently boast.

Did my classes at Johns Hopkins count? Louisville count? North Florida count?

All of those places made you work for a grade. UNC gave paper classes. They admitted it. So you apparently live on a far nicer island than I.
Did my classes at Johns Hopkins count? Louisville count? North Florida count?

All of those places made you work for a grade. UNC gave paper classes. They admitted it. So you apparently live on a far nicer island than I.

then i assume you read where the NCAA said that neither Cal or the schools were at fault

i honestly very seriously doubt that you have done any research

I have and just because you don't like my answer doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. My opinion is just like yours. I think Cal knew what was coming and bounced before the shit hit fan the fan, not once but twice. You think UNC cheated, I don't. Do you see where I'm going with this? In case you have a bad case of the slow it means we all have opinions. None of them won't change.

Reactions: dirtyrock15
you cheated and never got punished
congrats....................i guess

100% accurate except that we didn’t cheat and therefore there were no grounds for any punishment.

I will accept the congrats though for beating UK yet again and as usual on our way to another national championship with players whose names we actually know and remember from the previous season.

This is to easy, you really don't wanna do this.

so are you saying that you have a copy of the letter the NCAA sent to Cal, UMass and Memphis?
i am going to guess that you choose to live in ignorance

how did SACS rule those classes?
it is a simple question and you should know the answer or do you also choose ignorance on that one

ADVERTISEMENT