ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs #14 North Carolina

Wow. From 19-8 to 25-2. Guess we need to give COY to Pitino.

Tell me what games we lose?

Syracuse at home - W
FSU at home - W
Seton Hall at home - W
UNC at home - W

We led with 30 secs to 1 min vs both Miami and Clemson.

I'll give you purdue.

24-3 or 23-4. I'd put $50 on it.

Tell me what games we lose?

Syracuse at home - W
FSU at home - W
Seton Hall at home - W
UNC at home - W

We led with 30 secs to 1 min vs both Miami and Clemson.

I'll give you purdue.

24-3 or 23-4. I'd put $50 on it.

I have no clue. UNC just beat you by 17 on your home court and you're trying to tell me that would be a win.

I have no clue. UNC just beat you by 17 on your home court and you're trying to tell me that would be a win.

I'd lay $1000 on it. It was a 9 pt game at half. A 5 pt game with 2 mins to go. I can guarantee that they would not have scored 93 on our home court with 21,000+ there. I can also guarantee that Mahmoud with -21 would not have played a lick. I can also guarantee that Pitino would not have put up with this crap and lack of effort. They would be on the treadmill right now if they lost by 17 at home with Pitino. Pitino is 2-0 at home vs UNC. I'd take the 3-0 chance in a heartbeat. He had that much worth to this team. Look at how bad they are. Look how solid they were last year and the year before. These are mostly the same players, different coach, VERY different result. I know that the lineup that brought us within 9 would've been on the court to start the 2nd half instead of the starting lineup which proceeded to lose the momentum and get down by 15.

I know that Pitino wouldn't have stayed in man like Padgett did since we were getting beat off the dribble 95% of the time. I also know that if you leave a man wide open under Pitino, you're coming out.

My point is, we were a 1 pt favorite. We lost by 17. I'm taking my 1 pt favorite chance at home with Pitino any day of the week. And he would have had an entire week to prepare.

I'd lay $1000 on it. It was a 9 pt game at half. A 5 pt game with 2 mins to go. I can guarantee that they would not have scored 93 on our home court with 21,000+ there. I can also guarantee that Mahmoud with -21 would not have played a lick. I can also guarantee that Pitino would not have put up with this crap and lack of effort. They would be on the treadmill right now if they lost by 17 at home with Pitino. Pitino is 2-0 at home vs UNC. I'd take the 3-0 chance in a heartbeat. He had that much worth to this team. Look at how bad they are. Look how solid they were last year and the year before. These are mostly the same players, different coach, VERY different result. I know that the lineup that brought us within 9 would've been on the court to start the 2nd half instead of the starting lineup which proceeded to lose the momentum and get down by 15.

I know that Pitino wouldn't have stayed in man like Padgett did since we were getting beat off the dribble 95% of the time. I also know that if you leave a man wide open under Pitino, you're coming out.

My point is, we were a 1 pt favorite. We lost by 17. I'm taking my 1 pt favorite chance at home with Pitino any day of the week. And he would have had an entire week to prepare.

You would have lost regardless. Carolina is playing well right now and wins that game regardless 5 out of 5 times

You would have lost regardless. Carolina is playing well right now and wins that game regardless 5 out of 5 times

I wish this could happen because I'd bet you on that. You've also got to remember that we'd be playing well too.

I will say since that is in fantasy land ^, in reality, you all are my dark horse in the tourney.

This might be the most homerish thing I’ve ever read.

Roy would have had a week to prepare as well and he is a pretty good coach as well. You mention UNC being up 9 at the half but they were also up 19 at one point so it works both ways. I don't really understand the point of this anyway. It seems about the same as making the argument that UNC would have rolled them even worse if Justin Jackson was still here or something.

Roy would have had a week to prepare as well and he is a pretty good coach as well. You mention UNC being up 9 at the half but they were also up 19 at one point so it works both ways. I don't really understand the point of this anyway. It seems about the same as making the argument that UNC would have rolled them even worse if Justin Jackson was still here or something.

That's my point. It doesn't matter. I was just saying that the outcome probably wouldn't have been the same with Pitino and the facts are behind that statement.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
That's my point. It doesn't matter. I was just saying that the outcome probably wouldn't have been the same with Pitino and the facts are behind that statement.
Pitino is a great coach. Any that thinks differently are total fools and do not understand what coaching is.

Damn why do I have to defend Louisville against crazy people?

If the University of North Carolina had morals and any academic standards, Roy would not be coaching now. Pitino got fired for doing less than what happened at UNC. The bottom line is that Roy is still there and the ill gotten banners are still flying.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Pitino is a great coach. Any that thinks differently are total fools and do not understand what coaching is.

If the University of North Carolina had morals and any academic standards, Roy would not be coaching now. Pitino got fired for doing less than what happened at UNC. The bottom line is that Roy is still there and the ill gotten banners are still flying.

Who said Pitino isn’t a great coach?

Gotta love a UK fan talking about morals & ILL gotten banners.

Who said Pitino isn’t a great coach?
HRTheCard indicated that things would have been different if Pitino were there.

Can you read and comprehend?

Lol, I think it is you that needs some help. Things being different isn’t the same as virtually guaranteeing a win. Again, not that it matters. Some of you idiots will come with an excuse any time we win. That’s cool. We’ll just keep winning and be ok with it.

Your beef is with the NCAA, remember them? I’m sure your coach does.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncfan in ky
North Carolina is the better team and should have won. We can’t rebound and lack a true pg. All of this talk about what Pitino “could and should have done”, is a moot point.

So if the game was in Chapel Hill, you’d root for Louisville? Correct?
No, I just said I’d root for Duke over UK, because basically, I Fu#king hate UK
98f.png

So now if we disagree with you we are idiots?

Man.

If you come in salty saying silly things I'm not sure what you expect. We don't any tainted titles. Talk about learning about facts. You act like your opinions replace the facts, much like a few others on this board who chose not to listen to us from the beginning. I'm to the point where I hope some of you never get over it tbh.

UK kids have to go to class. I attended many with basketball players.

UK has not tainted banners dude. You need to get over your hate and deal in facts. SmokinSmile
UK won the NCAA championship in 1948 & 1949. 3 members of those teams were arrested & convicted of accepting bribes & point shaving during those years.
I call that tainted. UK went on probation for those actions by the 3 members of those teams.
Now, you still want to deal in facts?

UK kids have to go to class. I attended many with basketball players.

UK has not tainted banners dude. You need to get over your hate and deal in facts. SmokinSmile

When my dad was at Carolina (1968-74), he was mistakenly enrolled in Chinese 50, which was introduction to Chinese. He planned on dropping the class but when he went on the first day, he was the only non-athlete in the whole class. Everyone got an A. I'm sure though that Carolina is the only school which does this with athletes.

Actually, that's not true, come to think of it. When I was at VMI, there was a class called Colonial American History where everyone got an A. It was full of athletes the semester I took it. So other than VMI and Carolina, I'm know that athletes at all other colleges follow the same curriculum as non-athletes.

Wait a minute- I forgot about Stanford. They have this list for athletes which is passed out by the Athletic Department That's Stanford though. It's not like Stanford places much emphasis on academics. So other than Carolina, VMI and Stanford, I'm sure every other school makes athletes take nothing but regular classes.

Whoops- damn. I messed up again. University of Michigan had simple, independent study classes for athletes to which athletes were steered. Still though, that's only Carolina, VMI, Stanford and Michigan. Those schools are all known to be worthless- what would one ever do with a degree from one of those 4 schools? If you really want to get ahead in this world, you need a degree from UK or State, because everyone knows that athletes are treated just like high school valedictorians at those 2 fine institutions.

TL, DR version: Shut up Bert.

UK won the NCAA championship in 1948 & 1949. 3 members of those teams were arrested & convicted of accepting bribes & point shaving during those years.
I call that tainted. UK went on probation for those actions by the 3 members of those teams.
Now, you still want to deal in facts?
Yes sir I am still waiting for your facts, not the charges made. .

When my dad was at Carolina (1968-74), he was mistakenly enrolled in Chinese 50, which was introduction to Chinese. He planned on dropping the class but when he went on the first day, he was the only non-athlete in the whole class. Everyone got an A. I'm sure though that Carolina is the only school which does this with athletes.

Actually, that's not true, come to think of it. When I was at VMI, there was a class called Colonial American History where everyone got an A. It was full of athletes the semester I took it. So other than VMI and Carolina, I'm know that athletes at all other colleges follow the same curriculum as non-athletes.

Wait a minute- I forgot about Stanford. They have this list for athletes which is passed out by the Athletic Department That's Stanford though. It's not like Stanford places much emphasis on academics. So other than Carolina, VMI and Stanford, I'm sure every other school makes athletes take nothing but regular classes.

Whoops- damn. I messed up again. University of Michigan had simple, independent study classes for athletes to which athletes were steered. Still though, that's only Carolina, VMI, Stanford and Michigan. Those schools are all known to be worthless- what would one ever do with a degree from one of those 4 schools? If you really want to get ahead in this world, you need a degree from UK or State, because everyone knows that athletes are treated just like high school valedictorians at those 2 fine institutions.

TL, DR version: Shut up Bert.
Paper classes equals cheating.

37-2 free throws equals cheating.

Paper classes equals cheating.

37-2 free throws equals cheating.

Just to be sure I understand you- any school which offers an independent study class is cheating?

And I know you UK fanboys and olds get a hard-on for blaming refs for all of your life's problems, so your position is well understood.

Reactions: AWilli6995
ADVERTISEMENT