ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville is not good.

giphy.gif
RollLaugh

Reactions: Random UK Fan
But wall wasn’t gonna stay four years, anyone with half an eye knew that if he had seen him play half a game. This argument was basically the argument about whether it better off recruiting one and done phenoms or 4 year players. And someone said Siva will have a better college career in his 4 years that wall will in his one and UK fans snowballed it into saying we thought siva was a better player than Wall, which is ludicrous.
The comment was made during the 09/10 season prior to the UL v UL game, so it was about that year, not all 4 years Siva played vs the one year Wall played.

Of course, we COULD compare their freshman seasons too.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
No bc the argument was Siva would be a bigger pickup for our program than Wall would be for yours. Not Siva vs Wall and the next three PGs u signed after wall.

if you are really looking at a fair comparison then it has to be the one year both spent in school

it can be greatly argued that the one year UK had Wall had a greater effect on the program then the 4 years Siva spent at ul

Siva won a championship. Wall didn’t.

C A R D S

1980, 1986, 2013

Suck it! SmokinSmile

Siva won a championship. Wall didn’t.

C A R D S

1980, 1986, 2013

Suck it! SmokinSmile

Wrong. 80,86 is all you got. Congrats on that. Wall 1-0 vs Siva/U6. Reality sucks sometimes, but that's how it is when your 'title' is taken away and stricken from the record. Congrats on being the 1st program to do that! Laughing

80, 86, 13

nothing will change that, especially some blue neck fans and a crooked organization such as the NCAA.

80, 86, 13

nothing will change that, especially some blue neck fans and a crooked organization such as the NCAA.

.....Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. 2013 is now on the level of an 'urban legend' when talking about the men's college basketball title for that year. Reduced to a myth.

.....Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. 2013 is now on the level of an 'urban legend' when talking about the men's college basketball title for that year. Reduced to a myth.
80, 86, 13

3 time champion Louisville Cardinals.

I live in California, but I’ll get a friend to get a picture of the one hanging by the arena.

If it is not an official banner hanging inside the YUM then neither the NCAA or UL recognizes it as a title

you need your friend to go inside the YUM and take that picture

Last edited:
Reactions: JC for 3
If it is not an official banner hanging inside the YUM then neither the NCAA or UL recognizes it as a title

you need to friend to go inside the YUM and take that picture
80, 86, 13

It’s official to us, we watched it and we won the game. Go Cards!

Meh I’ll continue to acknowledge vacated games until the ncaa proves they can enforce their rules without bias.

As far as I’m concerned Louisville is the 2013 champions. Memphis was in the title game in 2008, Jim Boeheim has over 1000 wins. (And Boeheim is one of the people in the sport I really dislike. About as sketchy as it gets).

Meh I’ll continue to acknowledge vacated games until the ncaa proves they can enforce their rules without bias.

As far as I’m concerned Louisville is the 2013 champions. Memphis was in the title game in 2008, Jim Boeheim has over 1000 wins. (And Boeheim is one of the people in the sport I really dislike. About as sketchy as it gets).
This. The Ncaa calling out others for being crooked is the definition of irony. They’re as crooked as they come. We won, and idc what their arbitrary record books say. Again, it’s why the NBA is a much more attractive product and organization.

Reactions: Montana81
This. The Ncaa calling out others for being crooked is the definition of irony. They’re as crooked as they come. We won, and idc what their arbitrary record books say. Again, it’s why the NBA is a much more attractive product and organization.

If we got an nba team in Louisville I’d never watch another college basketball game.

Reactions: UL_1986
If we got an nba team in Louisville I’d never watch another college basketball game.
Same. I’ve gotten pretty bored with college basketball. The game is hard to watch at times with just how bad the play can be. (Even the top tier teams)

I would support a pro team hands down.

Same. I’ve gotten pretty bored with college basketball. The game is hard to watch at times with just how bad the play can be. (Even the top tier teams)

I would support a pro team hands down.
Don’t believe either of you. You’re posting on a sports message board that only diehard fans would even attempt to find. That being said, would love an NBA team in Louisville

Don’t believe either of you. You’re posting on a sports message board that only diehard fans would even attempt to find. That being said, would love an NBA team in Louisville
I wish I were kidding. Cbb always comes second if an NBA game is (unless Louisville is playing) though I’ll switch back and forth. If you told me any other cbb team was playing aside from Louisville, I’d put on an NBA game 10/10 times. It’s easier on my eyes. When I was younger I preferred cbb though.

As disgusting as some CBB games are these days, I don't think I'll ever favor the NBA.

Might help if I had a local team. Then again, I'm 4-5 hours from OKC and couldn't care less about them, even when they had Durant and Westbrook.

I wish I were kidding. Cbb always comes second if an NBA game is (unless Louisville is playing) though I’ll switch back and forth. If you told me any other cbb team was playing aside from Louisville, I’d put on an NBA game 10/10 times. It’s easier on my eyes. When I was younger I preferred cbb though.
You've always seemed like a pretty passionate Louisville fan. I have a hard time believing you root for any NBA team as much as you do Louisville. Which I guess is the angle I'm taking with this. You won't find many people in this state who love anything in professional sports as much as they love Kentucky or Louisville.

So while the NBA is a better product and infinitely better run, I will never have the passion or love for any NBA team that I have for Kentucky. Been that way my entire life.

I only watch NBA playoffs. It seems the players aren't interested in regular season games as well.

82 games of filler.

I've seen more action in a college basketball layup drill. Shoot 3's, lay up, shoot 3's, lay up. rinse repeat.

"hey look!!!! they scored"

I only watch NBA playoffs. It seems the players aren't interested in regular season games as well.

82 games of filler.

I've seen more action in a college basketball layup drill. Shoot 3's, lay up, shoot 3's, lay up. rinse repeat.

Yea, even with what I said to 86, I would still watch a good matchup of college basketball over the NBA. I just can't get into the regular season, with the exception of a few games. I will watch every game of the playoffs, that's for sure. Love me some NBA playoffs. Helps keep the sports year afloat until June.

As disgusting as some CBB games are these days, I don't think I'll ever favor the NBA.

Might help if I had a local team. Then again, I'm 4-5 hours from OKC and couldn't care less about them, even when they had Durant and Westbrook.
I love to argue and disagree with you MrBaracus; however, we think similarly on basketball.

Maybe you need to see a shrink! Laughing

Reactions: ExitFlagger

82 games of filler.

Lurker when do you get rid of that stupid moniker? I nearly puke every time I see it.

You've always seemed like a pretty passionate Louisville fan. I have a hard time believing you root for any NBA team as much as you do Louisville. Which I guess is the angle I'm taking with this. You won't find many people in this state who love anything in professional sports as much as they love Kentucky or Louisville.

So while the NBA is a better product and infinitely better run, I will never have the passion or love for any NBA team that I have for Kentucky. Been that way my entire life.
It mostly has to do with following players. I like the clippers and watch all of their games and well as the Jazz. The playoffs are really really exciting to me, and being that both of those teams will be in the playoffs only fuels that excitement for me. I also like how the playoffs in the nba are set up more so than the single game elimination in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
The NBA sucks. I liked watching Jordan, you never knew what he was going to pull off next, but anymore, it's just not as entertaining to watch.

Don't get me wrong, NBA players are amazing when they want to be, but it's a different game now.

It seems to be more if a show than a competition until the playoffs roll around, then all the sudden everyone cares.

Give me college basketball any day over the NBA and the NCAAT is the greatest thing in sports IMO.

The NBA sucks. I liked watching Jordan, you never knew what he was going to pull off next, but anymore, it's just not as entertaining to watch.

Don't get me wrong, NBA players are amazing when they want to be, but it's a different game now.

It seems to be more if a show than a competition until the playoffs roll around, then all the sudden everyone cares.

Give me college basketball any day over the NBA and the NCAAT is the greatest thing in sports IMO.
From a neutral perspective (we don’t have one) the NBA is a better product and more appealing. It’s really not even close if you look at overall popularity.

But I love our sport. March is better than anything the NBA has to offer imo

Ehh, I think the NBA is at the highest level it’s ever been. The all star game this year was exciting, and it’s never exciting. It’s becoming the premier league. To each their own though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT