ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville is not good.

Mack needs to follow Cal's lead and not promise those upperclassmen playing time
early in the season put your best talent on the floor and allow them to fight through their mistakes
I don’t disagree with this. Mcmahon needs 10 mins tops. Kimble needs to come off the bench. Starting lineup should be

Johnson
Williamson
Nwora
Sutton
Enoch/Williams

Reactions: mebeblue2
We have our deficiencies for sure, but saying we’re no good is just dumb. FSU is a bad matchup for our team, hopefully we won’t get paired up with them or a team similar to their length and athleticism in March.
Its extremely dumb. I've seen on twitter where some are questioning the hiring----Just stupid. My brother sent me a tweet where someone said a booster texted him, and was upset that UL didn't give Payne more of a look. If so, that booster needs his ****ing head checked. What Mack has done since arriving at UL, is very, very solid. And it's only going to get better. Give the dude his time to get a class graduated.

Very good hire. UL just in a funk. Teams go through it.

I have zero idea where the team that beat FSU, has went. We looked so good that night. Looking back, I have no idea how the **** we beat you guys. Gonna probably end up being a bad loss for you guys.

Its extremely dumb. I've seen on twitter where some are questioning the hiring----Just stupid. My brother sent me a tweet where someone said a booster texted him, and was upset that UL didn't give Payne more of a look. If so, that booster needs his ****ing head checked. What Mack has done since arriving at UL, is very, very solid. And it's only going to get better. Give the dude his time to get a class graduated.

See, this right here proves that this kind of garbage happens at all programs that are at, or close to the top in a certain sport.

UK fans take a beating for things like this, like we're the only ones that have idiot fans.

It comes down to expectations. When you are mediocre in a certain sport and you lose games, the fans just say "ah shucks", but when the program is expected to be top 10 or better, nasty comments shouldn't be surprising.

See, this right here proves that this kind of garbage happens at all programs that are at, or close to the top in a certain sport.

UK fans take a beating for things like this, like we're the only ones that have idiot fans.

It comes down to expectations. When you are mediocre in a certain sport and you lose games, the fans just say "ah shucks", but when the program is expected to be top 10 or better, nasty comments shouldn't be surprising.
Agree. Some of those clowns over at Rafters, I just wanna throat punch those muther****ers. And really the same with UL fans, and this shit with Mack. Dude is a hell of a coach. Look, you wanna see a shit storm? Hey---come on over to Bloomington. We've been a god damn carnival for 30 years.

Agree. Some of those clowns over at Rafters, I just wanna throat punch those muther****ers. And really the same with UL fans, and this shit with Mack. Dude is a hell of a coach. Look, you wanna see a shit storm? Hey---come on over to Bloomington. We've been a god damn carnival for 30 years.
Exactly.
I do have to say that Duke and UNC fans are more understanding and not as angry after losses, but they have coaches with recent and multiple titles. Winning cures most of the noise.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I have zero idea where the team that beat FSU, has went. We looked so good that night. Looking back, I have no idea how the **** we beat you guys. Gonna probably end up being a bad loss for you guys.

college ball is weird like that. We lost to a horrible pitt team to start the season.

That tweet was from a hack named Sullivan, he is just trying to get clicks. There are some fans questioning Mack’s coaching, but that is typical at top program following a loss.

That tweet was from a hack named Sullivan, he is just trying to get clicks. There are some fans questioning Mack’s coaching, but that is typical at top program following a loss.
Yeah my brother sent it to me. He was making fun of the dude. And he's a UK fan.

Reactions: rockycard
Only problem I have with Mack is his freshman playing time. He needs to figure out the strengths of this roster and glaring weaknesses. I know I’ve been hard on RM the past few weeks, but his resume against top tier teams speaks for itself. He can knock down 3’s like Steph Curry all day long against D2 competition. Against better teams with more athletic guards...nope...he should come off the bench and get 10-12 mins tops. Sorry not sorry. I also think Sam Williamson’s confidence has been crushed the past 8-9 games. Soon as he makes a mistake, he gets yanked. Dumb. Kid has potential to be great, but when he’s only in for 2-3 min spurts, he never gets into a rhythm.

Having Ryan Mcmahon chase you around isn’t all that scary. I’d prob drain some threes too.
He never should have been anything more that a situational role player(Ryan had a decent soph year - 15 mins a game, over 40% from the 3). Been saying it for over 2 years. While I might be the "most negative" a-hole on the Louisville boards; I'm right sometimes too.

Reactions: GE Nole and UL_1986
....this is why I've referred to U6 as "Nwora and a bunch of role players".

As long as McMahon gets the PT, it's 4 trying to guard 5. Enoch is pretty good too, they simply don't lean on him enough on offense.

I don’t disagree with this. Mcmahon needs 10 mins tops. Kimble needs to come off the bench. Starting lineup should be

Johnson
Williamson
Nwora
Sutton
Enoch/Williams
I’ll be honest, I can’t stand McMahon solely because Vitale is like his protective grandfather whenever we play Louisville. Oh, he got pushed down. Oh, I have a feeling he is going to make a few 3s here. Vitale is just annoying. We seem to make McMahon very uncomfortable whenever we play him, especially as a ball handler. I think he brought the ball up the court twice, turned it over each time. He can light it up for sure but isn’t a well rounded player for this level of basketball.

Reactions: RipThru
....this is why I've referred to U6 as "Nwora and a bunch of role players".

As long as McMahon gets the PT, it's 4 trying to guard 5. Enoch is pretty good too, they simply don't lean on him enough on offense.
I’d argue that Sutton is the most important player on our team. Sutton, Nwora, Enoch...then Williams.

I’ll be honest, I can’t stand McMahon solely because Vitale is like his protective grandfather whenever we play Louisville. Oh, he got pushed down. Oh, I have a feeling he is going to make a few 3s here. Vitale is just annoying. We seem to make McMahon very uncomfortable whenever we play him, especially as a ball handler. I think he brought the ball up the court twice, turned it over each time. He can light it up for sure but isn’t a well rounded player for this level of basketball.
He loves to reaffirm the fact that he found RM. we’ve heard it now for 4 years...it’s really ****ing annoying. Then again, that’s what Dickie V is...****ing annoying.

Reactions: GE Nole

That was our 3rd game in 4 days, all away from home, all against high-major opponents. We simply ran out of gas with 10 minutes to go in the game (which is the opposite of what typically happens in FSU games).

That was our 3rd game in 4 days, all away from home, all against high-major opponents. We simply ran out of gas with 10 minutes to go in the game (which is the opposite of what typically happens in FSU games).
That and Greens 30 point game.:(

That and Greens 30 point game.:(

Yeah that kid was on fire that night. But even that can be overcome. Jordan Nwora just put 32/10 on us this weekend...and we beat UL by 13.

But when our legs go our defense stops forcing turnovers and blocks and start fouling instead. Not a good recipe.

I’d argue that Sutton is the most important player on our team. Sutton, Nwora, Enoch...then Williams.

....yeah he's pretty solid too, just maybe shouldn't be providing blackboard material to rival teams before the start of the season. ;)

Not sure I follow.

...at the beginning of the most recent 'The Journey' series (on YouTube), the video about the game opens with someone interviewing Sutton at what I guess was their 'Midnight Madness' type event and they asked him about goals for the season and he said "Beat UK." ...and then did a hand gesture to imply "Write it down."

...at the beginning of the most recent 'The Journey' series (on YouTube), the video about the game opens with someone interviewing Sutton at what I guess was their 'Midnight Madness' type event and they asked him about goals for the season and he said "Beat UK." ...and then did a hand gesture to imply "Write it down."
I get it. He’s a redshirt senior, works hard and felt confident.

And he's peaved because of none recruiting him at UK. His own words, "Not even a call".... Dang I wished we had.
We didn’t recruit him either until after he already went to unc ashville his freshman season. Dude was way overlooked. Hard work and hustle pay off, and the guy is jacked. Plays way above his height of 6’5...I think only 2 or 3 schools recruited him.

Certainly can’t seem to make anything this week. Not sure what is up with Nwora. Under the weather, maybe?

I’m guessing UL is back clicking by the time the FSU game rolls around. Feel like we are getting them on the wrong week.

Certainly can’t seem to make anything this week. Not sure what is up with Nwora. Under the weather, maybe?

I’m guessing UL is back clicking by the time the FSU game rolls around. Feel like we are getting them on the wrong week.

Nah. They have mailed it in. From top 5-10 title contender to straight, STRAIGHT trash.

Reactions: JC for 3
Yikes. Even UVA has put up more than 14 in every half this year.

Reactions: tw3301
Nah. They have mailed it in. From top 5-10 title contender to straight, STRAIGHT trash.

We will see. Teams go through ruts. Happens every year. It’s only two games, man. I have a feeling McMahon goes off in Tallahassee.

We will see. Teams go through ruts. Happens every year. It’s only two games, man. I have a feeling McMahon goes off in Tallahassee.

Yeah, it’s just 2 games BUT this performance is beyond a rut.

Yeah, it’s just 2 games BUT this performance is beyond a rut.

We will see. I watched the Juan Dixon/Lonnie Baxter Maryland team lose at home to an FSU team that lost to American and only win 9 total games on the season.

Maryland won the title.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
We will see. I watched the Juan Dixon/Lonnie Baxter Maryland team lose at home to an FSU team that lost to American and only win 9 total games on the season.

Maryland won the title.

And don't forget 14 Uconn losing by what 25 to Ville in the AAC tourney..

They look like most of the teams in the Top 25 save Baylor and the Zags. Look good winning and can look bad losing. Just get hot in the tourney, and Cards could win it.

Clemson sucks but is about to have wins over the two best teams in the ACC. God college basketball is so disgusting this year.

Reactions: tw3301
Clemson sucks but is about to have wins over the two best teams in the ACC. God college basketball is so disgusting this year.

If someone told you before conference play, Clemson would have wins vs Ville, Duke and UNC, you would think they would be a lock for the NCAA tourney.

Reactions: jhmossy and tw3301
We have our deficiencies for sure, but saying we’re no good is just dumb. FSU is a bad matchup for our team, hopefully we won’t get paired up with them or a team similar to their length and athleticism in March.

Maybe UL just needs to work on the free-throw defense!

Reactions: JC for 3
ADVERTISEMENT