ADVERTISEMENT

KU vs ASU

Ehh I don't blame them. First time beating a #1. Never won a conference championship (regular season or tournament). No need to act like they've been there when they really haven't.
I thought they said several times during the broadcast ASU beat Oregon State when they were #1 back in the 80s or something. That's news to me, because I can't remember OSU ever being worth a shit.

I thought they said several times during the broadcast ASU beat Oregon State when they were #1 back in the 80s or something. That's news to me, because I can't remember OSU ever being worth a shit.

First time in front of the home crowd. I believe they said it was only the second time a #1 team went in to Tempe.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
First time in front of the home crowd. I believe they said it was only the second time a #1 team went in to Tempe.
Damn, really?! That is crazy! They've been in the Pac-12 for 40 years. Hard to believe that's only the 2nd time they've hosted a #1.

I know HOW to do it, I just meant it hasn't happened much the past 10 years because the SEC has sucked ass for most of that time.
I agree. We've had to win those 21 games against top 10 teams OOC.

So much so for the myth of UK racks up top ten wins due to playing in a weak conference. :D

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Didn’t ASU lose by 16 at Vandy earlier this week too?

I will say Hurley outcoached Self by a wide margin those final 5-10 minutes. ASU made it a point to make someone other than Lawson beat them. Hell they were triple teaming Dedric before he even touched the ball on several possessions. Self made no adjustments to this to get the ball to other players in scoring positions. On the other side ASU isolated Edwards or Remy on whoever Grimes or Moore were guarding on several possessions because they know those are easily KU's worst defenders. Hurley outcoached Self by a wide margin for the 2nd straight season.

Didn't think I could dislike a KU team more than I disliked last year's team at this point in the season. This team has proven me awful. It his nails on a chalkboard watching this KU team.

There was 0 questionable officiating. The only questionable call was the over and back that clearly went off of Dodson foot anyways...
Well you aren’t exactly the one to discuss it. If KU’s opponent had a 40-0 FT disparity and they attacked our guys with baseball bats, you would somehow try to say KU got the refs in their pockets. Your opinions on KU and officiating are well known.

Last edited:
Reactions: tw3301
Well I figured there had to be a few times UCLA/Arizona had to be ranked #1.

It was Arizona, and it was only 10-15 years ago.

As for how there aren't more, I agree with you. It's a little crazy that PAC12 basketball has been that bad. Also, ASU didn't join the PAC12 until 1978, which was after UCLA's reign of terror.

Last edited:
It was Arizona, and it was only 10-15 years ago.

As for how there aren't more, I agree with you. It's a little crazy that PAC12 basketball has been that bad. Also, ASU didn't join the PAC12 until 1978, which was after UCLA's reign of terror.
I was thinking specifically the '95 UCLA title team that only lost 2 games, but they were #4 when they played at ASU that season.

Reactions: sgrooms
Kansas just isn't that good right now. Pretty surprising that this is their first loss tbh.

You could see it coming-I called it earlier. They’ve had a lot of close calls.

They should end up being extremely good but they just don’t play the whole game. They always seem to have patches of really low IQ. They have a ton of talent though.

The guy they need a lot more from is grimes.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
ADVERTISEMENT