ADVERTISEMENT

KU, UNC, UK & Duke'less Final Fours

5thGenJayhawk

May 6, 2015
When was the last time not one of these teams made the Final Four since 2000?

Duke is playing now.

3x - 2006, 2007, 2013. Pretty rare.

Also, would be pretty wild if Auburn goes on and beats all 4 teams to win the NC.

Is MSU the only team in the final 4 to win a title? We may have a title virgin this season...

Good point...congrats to whoever it may be. Selfishly rooting for Texas Tech bc I am a fan of Beard. Not one to pump my conference but rooting for them.

Good point...congrats to whoever it may be. Selfishly rooting for Texas Tech bc I am a fan of Beard. Not one to pump my conference but rooting for them.

Beard & Co look like they're on a mission...wouldn't be the least surprised to see the Raiders cut down the nets. It would be nice to see a school win, who has never won the title before.

Last edited:
Since the field expanded in 1984,there have been only FIVE Final Fours that did not include one of UK, Duke, KU or UNC:

1985:

Georgetwon,Villanova, St. Johns and Memphis

1987: Indiana, Syracuse, Providence and UNLV

2006: FLorida, LSU, George Mason and UCLA

2007: Florida, Ohio State, Georgetown and UCLA

2013: LOuisville, Michigan, Wichita State and Syracuse.

That is crazy. 30 of the past 35 FF's have included one of Duke, UK, UNC, or KU.

Beard & Co look like they're on a mission...wouldn't be the least surprised to see the Raiders cut down the nets. It would be nice to see a school win, who has never one the title before.
Well, you have plenty to choose from then....UVA, Auburn and TT.

Reactions: j-doolsheels
When was the last time not one of these teams made the Final Four since 2000?

Duke is playing now.

3x - 2006, 2007, 2013. Pretty rare.

Also, would be pretty wild if Auburn goes on and beats all 4 teams to win the NC.
3x's:
2006, 2007 and 2013.

And of course---this year.

Yea Cal shouldn't have gone 12 for 21 from the line.
True..

But he did turn it into a half court game instead pushing and scoring in transition. We couldn’t score in the half court. It was painful. We had opportunities to score easy baskets and didn’t take advantage of any of them. Another 8-12 points would have sure came in handy today since our offense sucked. Playing stall ball cost us this game and that’s on Cal. Plain and simple.

@GoodmanHoops
Heard some UK fans upset with Calipari after loss today — talking about him underachieving. Ridiculous I understand he only has one national title, but been to Elite Eight 7 times in 10 years, and 4 Final Four appearances. Don’t forget The Billy Clyde Era. Don’t ever forget.

True..

But he did turn it into a half court game instead pushing and scoring in transition. We couldn’t score in the half court. It was painful. We had opportunities to score easy baskets and didn’t take advantage of any of them. Another 8-12 points would have sure came in handy today since our offense sucked. Playing stall ball cost us this game and that’s on Cal. Plain and simple.

Auburn had something to do with that wall of text you threw up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT