ADVERTISEMENT

KU @ OU

This loss is completely on Self. When OU went to hack-a-Doke with 4 minutes left he needed to be pulled. OU doesn't have a guy who can take advantage of Lightfoot. Didn't make sense to keep him in especially with his confidence completely shot.

The hack a doke worked and kept OU around and then they knocked down clutch shots. Well done. Very entertaining game.

This loss is completely on Self. When OU went to hack-a-Doke with 4 minutes left he needed to be pulled. OU doesn't have a guy who can take advantage of Lightfoot. Didn't make sense to keep him in especially with his confidence completely shot.
Lightfood was having a great game too.

I am going to strongly agree. Why in the hell Dok stayed in the game was more of a wishful thinking than anything else.

Why you lost to tcu? It's like KU losing at home to TT

What? It's not at all like that. We lost to tcu on the road.

If we won that game we'd be in first place in the conf right now.

Oh well. I'll move on eventually. Lol

We were bound to drop one at some point. Definitely won't be the last loss KU suffers.

Hack a Doke for four minutes is a pretty f***ing bogus way to steal a win. Then again, it can only happen if the coach allows it.

Surprised hack-a-Doke hasn't happened before. Just an awful FT shooter. Just didn't make sense keeping him in there before the 2 minute mark.

Self is very stubborn and tonight was a product of that. I hope he learns from this mistake. If not teams are going to continue to employ this and KU is going to start losing close games that they shouldn't.

Wasn't that a great view of the biggest shot of the game?
DURXD6SU8AA8xoz.jpg

It's a different ballgame when he doesn't jack up 39 shots, keeps his team involved all while finding ways to score.
He had been trending higher and higher in usage rate leading up to the ok state madness. So I feel like he was getting a lot of negative attention even from average sports fans/media and was given a huge stage tonight. He played great

Hard game to lose because this team deserved to win and probably does if Self pulls Doke. OU basically stole 5 possessions with hack-a-Doke. Hard to imagine them stopping KU from scoring those possessions and OU doesn't have someone who was going to take advantage of Mitch. Just a headscratcher from Self there.

We were bound to drop one at some point. Definitely won't be the last loss KU suffers.
Yeah but we shouldn’t have dropped this one. They didn’t beat us, they didn’t make great plays or play great defense. Rather, coach Self have the game away with the worst late game decision making I’ve ever seen from him. Dumb dumb dumb dumb

I'm more upset at Graham dribbling around and chucking a 3. That's not usually the character of this team and he was cold as hell all night at least let Svi try. Or get to the basket maybe? That was a terrible shot.

Reactions: rockchalk4ever
Hard game to lose because this team deserved to win and probably does if Self pulls Doke. OU basically stole 5 possessions with hack-a-Doke. Hard to imagine them stopping KU from scoring those possessions and OU doesn't have someone who was going to take advantage of Mitch. Just a headscratcher from Self there.

Self gonna have some explaining to do

Be honest, we’ve been waiting all year for someone to figure out Hackadok

It's not hard. Doke is always used in the pick-n-roll. When it gets under 5 minutes might as well use the hack-a-Doke no matter the score. Until Self pulls him you can probably steal 5+ possessions from KU.

Didn't they dump it into McNeace for a couple easy scores on back to back plays before Self pulled Lightfoot?

But I'll take my chances on defense all day before I forfeit 5 offensive possessions in a close game. What the f*** Bill.

No. They weren’t. Self just made a crucial mistake.

Its unfortunate but at some point, something had to give. There was a span where KU was up 1 and in the next 3 or 4 possessions, OU turned the ball over. Finally they got a look that fell through and then OU drilled the dagger 3.

Its unfortunate but at some point, something had to give. There was a span where KU was up 1 and in the next 3 or 4 possessions, OU turned the ball over. Finally they got a look that fell through and then OU drilled the dagger 3.

OU made shots. Give full credit to OU for going with the hack-a-Doke and making those 3s at the end.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Surprised hack-a-Doke hasn't happened before. Just an awful FT shooter. Just didn't make sense keeping him in there before the 2 minute mark.

Self is very stubborn and tonight was a product of that. I hope he learns from this mistake. If not teams are going to continue to employ this and KU is going to start losing close games that they shouldn't.
It sucks when it works. Not a fan of all, but whatever.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
It sucks when it works. Not a fan of all, but whatever.

Agree. Not a fan of it either. Some call it cheap while others call it a smart, tactical move. Don't blame Kruger at all for the Hack-A-Dok because it worked. Just wish Self wasn't so damn stubborn in leaving Udoka out there so OU could continue sending Dok to the line.

your team has been playing w fire all conference season

6 point win v Texas
5 @ home v ISU
2 v TCU
1 @ home v KSU
3 @ home v Baylor

Kansas was given a win by WVU. Now they gave OU one. It happens.
We went out and took that win at Wvu. Huggins didn’t make terrible decision. Self single handedly served that win up for OU. No excuse for that idiotic thinking over 4 minutes and 6 dead balls. This is on self.

your team has been playing w fire all conference season

6 point win v Texas
5 @ home v ISU
2 v TCU
1 @ home v KSU
3 @ home v Baylor

KU and Self always win the majority of close games. This was the first time a team employed the hack-a-doke in a close game. Can't believe it took this long. Hell might as well throw out your walk-ons for 2-3 minutes and foul Doke when under 5 minutes. Can steal 5+ possessions from KU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT