ADVERTISEMENT

KU @ OU

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
A lot of great storylines going down here shorty.

Young reminded everyone that he's only 19 when asked about his turnovers. Lon Kruger wants a more efficient effort from his team tonight.

KU seems to be playing almost as good on the road as at home.

I have no idea what to expect in this one. Kansas has been mercurial.

Who guards young for Kansas? Any chance self goes box and 1? He's pulled out some of those defenses before. Went triangle and 2 vs Kentucky last year iirc.

I have no idea what to expect in this one. Kansas has been mercurial.

Who guards young for Kansas? Any chance self goes box and 1? He's pulled out some of those defenses before. Went triangle and 2 vs Kentucky last year iirc.
Self is know for switching up defenses, which is a great trait if you as me. He did it earlier this year against KState and pulled off a win.

Last edited:
We have 6 conference wins and all have been by less than two possessions. We are not some great force to be reckoned with--but we are as solid as it gets if we come to play. In all honesty, we are due for a letdown where we don't play as well as we could or the 50/50 balls don't go our way. I think we have two options. 1-Let trae be trae and focus on not letting any of the other sooners get theirs---possible waiting to switch up defense for crunch time. 2- Constantly double young and make him create for his teammates to beat us. Young is going to get his no matter what. Once again, it will come down to how well we can keep pace with young and manek from 3. I always feel like Lattin plays well against us. Can't let OU jump way out in front b/c Trae will be ready for primetime hero ball and we have a history of letting guys go ham on us.

Kansas is good enough to beat anyone in the country. They're also a team who can lose to pretty much anyone on a given night. If Young is willing to be more of a facilitator tonight (on top of his scoring) Kansas will have a rough time winning.

I get the feeling this game is about to go into hyper speed from both teams offensively.

Kansas is clearly better, but that doesn’t mean much in a conference road game.

It's a totally different ballgame when Young is sharing the ball. This is what I was afraid of.

This version of Trae Young is what is right with college hoops. Is an article I’d be writing for ESPN if I was Jay Bilas as a follow up to his last article.

Still think Kansas wins this game.

KU's defense on the wing is horrible. OU is getting by the primary defender way too easy. After that, 2 or 3 other OU players are wide-ass open. OU is playing better and it's not even close.

OU is a good team when he gets teammates involved and those teammates are playing with confidence. KU will need to change their defensive strategy. Can't guard Young with 2-3 guys when he's looking to get teammates involved. This KU doesn't have the IQ on defense to make it work.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Trae Young leads the nation in assists. Just a friendly reminder, he literally gets teammates involved better than any other player in the nation.

Trae Young leads the nation in assists. Just a friendly reminder, he literally gets teammates involved better than any other player in the nation.

He controls the ball 90% of the time. Every OU play runs through Young. Every pass for a score usually from him. It's why his TO rate is ridiculous as well.

Young has a fear of birds...? Lol!!

05717c2ae2543215cfea41eefcea6ee09025379f_hq.gif

ADVERTISEMENT