ADVERTISEMENT

Knecht or Sheppard?

Winning a battle is not winning the war. This year Tennessee won the war and Kentucky came in second. The Cock came in fifth.

Now do you understand?
Sure. And now we have the tourney then the dance. You do understand there is more basketball this season, don't you? Of course you do Bert, you're not as stupid as you look.

UK has 2 lottery pick guards, one of which is the projected #1 pick. The other guards are Antonio Reeves and DJ Wagner. I take 3 of UK's guards before taking any 1 of duke's guards.
Going by BPM from Sports Reference:

Sheppard #1: 12.2 BPM
McCain and Roach #2: 7.6 BPM
Reeves #4: 7.1 BPM
Dilly #5: 6.5 BPM
Proctor #6: 5.8 BPM
Foster #7: 2.8 BPM
DJ Wagner #7: 0 BPM

I'd take Sheppard #1 for sure but its a tossup between Dilly, Roach, Reeves and McCain. I think the Duke guards are better defenders at this point so I'd take them. McCain is an amazing rebounding guard too and Roach is a better passer.

Proctor is coming off of injury and is peaking at the right time. As a starting PG, he's an absolutely massive upgrade over DJ Wagner. Proctor is a great on ball defender too having just neutralized RJ Davis and DJ Horne.

Florida has Pullin, Kugel and Clayton. Look them up.
Stop with this Florida nonsense. UF is just a shittier version of Duke in every way. This is an example of a team that doesn't matchup well for Duke.

Everything they can do we can do better. They're not even a physical team.

Auburn has Mazara and if you look at their roster, they are extremely deep at the guard position.
What does that statement they're extremely deep at guard even mean? Holloway and Johnson are nothing special. You're just saying random shit now.

North Carolina just punked duke on their own home floor in a game that duke wanted badly. Duke's effort was bad. Sure, they are good on offense and good on defense, but they don't look like a FF team to me. They look good against NIT teams, but against good teams, they look average.
They showed pretty good effort to make it a game after UNC punked them to start. They get no credit for that?

Besides UNC they haven't played any other elite teams this calendar year. You're making a declaration using a 2 game sample size.

UK lost to Gonzaga, Kansas, UT, Florida and South Carolina. You're basically .500 in these games vs tough opponents so not sure why you're bragging.

If Duke had the same number of chances, we'd do the same or better.

I'd take Sheppard #1 for sure but its a tossup between Dilly, Roach, Reeves and McCain. I think the Duke guards are better defenders at this point so I'd take them. McCain is an amazing rebounding guard too and Roach is a better passer.

Proctor is coming off of injury and is peaking at the right time. As a starting PG, he's an absolutely massive upgrade over DJ Wagner. Proctor is a great on ball defender too having just neutralized RJ Davis and DJ Horne.

Stop with this Florida nonsense. UF is just a shittier version of Duke in every way. This is an example of a team that doesn't matchup well for Duke.

What does that statement they're extremely deep at guard even mean? Holloway and Johnson are nothing special. You're just saying random shit now.

They showed pretty good effort to make it a game after UNC punked them to start. They get no credit for that?

Besides UNC they haven't played any other elite teams this calendar year. You're making a declaration using a 2 game sample size.

UK lost to Gonzaga, Kansas, UT, Florida and South Carolina. You're basically .500 in these games vs tough opponents so not sure why you're bragging.

....maybe because it's not everybody that can say they've beaten UNC, Auburn @Auburn, UT, Bama, Florida and relative to the dookies.... Arkansas.

So you're acknowledging SC's basketball success is inconsistent. Ok, at least maybe you get it.
Get what? Where have I ever said the contrary? You are a strange little guy. You're like Gollum and this board is your precious. Grow up.

Get what? Where have I ever said the contrary? You are a strange little guy. You're like Gollum and this board is your precious. Grow up.
I stand corrected.... you don't get it. Think about what 'sporadically' or 'inconsistent' means. Pretty relative to seasons where SC mens hoops is actually good and little pests like you infest this board. Comprende'?

I stand corrected.... you don't get it. Think about what 'sporadically' or 'inconsistent' means. Pretty relative to seasons where SC mens hoops is actually good and little pests like you infest this board. Comprende'?
Wait, do you think this board exists just for UK fans only? Let me explain the Gamecock fan to you. We don't care about your history, we will walk in your house, sit in your chair, slap your wife on her fat ass and wait for our sammich to be served. We. Don't. Give. A. Fk who you think you are. Don't like it? Tough shit.

Wait, do you think this board exists just for UK fans only? Let me explain the Gamecock fan to you. We don't care about your history, we will walk in your house, sit in your chair, slap your wife on her fat ass and wait for our sammich to be served. We. Don't. Give. A. Fk who you think you are. Don't like it? Tough shit.
Big talk for a fan of a program that's good about once every 5-6 years. You're that guy that is fueled by imaginary cred.

That’s false.

Maybe take a look at WHY Reed Sheppard is projected as the 1st pick in the draft. Maybe take a look at WHY Dillingham is a projected lottery pick.

Those two are projected where they are, not due to pre season hype. They are there because they are playing at that level right now. Sheppard was a 4* kid.

There is a difference between a kid like Edwards, Boston and Wagner and guys like Sheppard and Dillingham. Edwards, Boston and DJ were pre season lottery guys based on hype. Reed and Rob are lottery picks because they're playing out of their minds.

Do you disagree?

When have you known me to pump draft positions in the past? Truth is, you've never seen me do it, you're just butthurt because I'm not talking about Edey.
Then why do you keep bringing up draft projections in this thread?

Stop, just stop. Reed Sheppard is a lottery pick. Just stop.

UK has 2 lottery.picks in the backcourt and they are lottery picks because of how well they played this year.

UK has 2 lottery pick guards, one of which is the projected #1 pick.

imaginary would be if there weren't decades of stats.

Century even.
Why didn't all that history win in Columbia this year? I mean y'all cling to it because it's all you can say against us. I've met several UK fans, none of them strike me as overly excited history majors.

Threes are more than 2s. Percentages are the same. In some cases 3s are higher.

I have Scotty on ignore, so I'm not seeing the relevance of what you're saying?
Are you serious? Do me a favor Trey, ask her how long she’s had me on ignore. I didn’t even know she was ignoring me.😂😂😂 I’m almost heartbroken. Seriously though, ask her how long she’s been ignoring me.

Why didn't all that history win in Columbia this year? I mean y'all cling to it because it's all you can say against us. I've met several UK fans, none of them strike me as overly excited history majors.
We can say...

54-15 vs SC
17 Final Fours, SC 1.
8 National Titles. SC 0.

....and there's a lot more that I don't have time to type. Looking at that series count, it's amazing that you want to be on the board pounding your chest, yet here you are....flapping gums without cred.

Should I bring up our road wins @ S. Carolina?

The projections change constantly and differ on each site. Dillingham was the #1 projected pick just the other day.
DJ Wagner doesn’t belong in the draft, neither does Edwards, but both will leave, which is bullshit, but oh well.
Sheppard and Dillingham have been impressive this year and I have a feeling they're going to show out in the tournament.
Reeves is a second round pick due to his age.
Proctor and McCain are legit, I just don't think they have the upside of the 2 UK kids.
I think if those two teams played, it would come down to the wire. Last one with the ball wins.
I won't argue with that
They have like 8 guards that all play and they hound the shit out of you and are very physical. I don't know how they are able to play the way they do and not foul 30 times a game, but they do. They play ten times harder than duke's guys do. If duke's guys can't get up for unc at home, they got no shot to beat a team like Auburn.
Why should they get credit for, at times, making it close, at home, in a game they should have been focused in on? Should UK get credit for the LSU tip in at the buzzer? No. Duke had no business losing that game at home. They played like they didn't care at times.
Uhhh, yeah, know why? Because you keep saying duke would not have any more losses playing in the SEC than they do now. You have to be joking. If duke is going to lose to GT, VT, Pitt at home, Wake, Arkansas and get swept by unc, there is no way they would play in the SEC and come away with the same results. Duke would not win at usc, UT, Auburn, LSU, MSU, Arkansas, or Florida and they would probably lose a couple at home too. I don't see how you could deny that. Duke is 1-2 in the only games they played against ranked teams. Your best win in the last 3 months is a gifted win at home over Clemson. That’s terrible.
All tournament teams, unlike GT, Ark and WF.
Shit, you just listed 5 teams and they're all ranked. Duke lost 7 games, 5 of them to unranked teams.
Also, UK returned the favor on Tennessee and Florida.
I'm not sure what point you were trying to make here, but it backfired. Duke couldn't beat those teams on any court. Y'all lost to Georgia Tech and Arkansas man.
That’s false. Duke lost at Arlansas, UK swept Arkansas.
Duke got swept by unc, UK beat unc.
You’re simply wrong.
Do you honestly think duke would win at Arkansas, at Auburn, at Tennessee, at SC and at Florida??? Duke couldn't even win at GT, the answer is no for all of those teams.

You need duke to actually beat somebody before you talk trash. Duke has beaten nobody worth a damn all year, but here you are talking smack about a team that has 5 better wins than anything duke has.

....maybe because it's not everybody that can say they've beaten UNC, Auburn @Auburn, UT, Bama, Florida and relative to the dookies.... Arkansas.
I'm scratching my head in disbelief. This dude has sat there and watched duke play a bunch of scrub teams, go 1-2 against ranked teams, lose to GT and Arkansas and just got dog walked at home by a team UK controlled and this dude wants us to forget about all that and only focus on the 2 good things duke has accomplished.
UK just won at Tennessee, @ Auburn, smacked Bama and won at MSU and this dude, after watching his team piss down their leg at home, is talking shit. This is crazy.

I'm scratching my head in disbelief. This dude has sat there and watched duke play a bunch of scrub teams, go 1-2 against ranked teams, lose to GT and Arkansas and just got dog walked at home by a team UK controlled and this dude wants us to forget about all that and only focus on the 2 good things duke has accomplished.
UK just won at Tennessee, @ Auburn, smacked Bama and won at MSU and this dude, after watching his team piss down their leg at home, is talking shit. This is crazy.
At first glance your avatar looks like an old ship with sails, then I look closer.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Should I bring up our road wins @ S. Carolina?
Go ahead. All these wins, how come they didn't help you Columbia this year? Surely Columbia knows and respects all that UK "cred and history"? You're cool man but if y'all think we are bowing to y'all's dumbasses, think again. We don't give a fk.

• Love
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Then why do you keep bringing up draft projections in this thread?
Look at the title of the thread. Does Purdue have a projected #1 pick on their roster? Do you understand why Sheppard and Dillingham are lottery picks now? They weren't lottery picks a month ago. It's quite significant. Without those 2, UK would have 12+ losses right now. That's how good they are.

Btw, Scott wants to know how long you have had him on ignore. I feel he is saddened :-(
Since when I asked him to not follow me around the board and not get personal and be vulgar. He told me he would do want he wants, which I understood as no.

I'm sure he is fine without me.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT