ADVERTISEMENT

Knecht or Sheppard?

Oh, please carry on. Only thing I can hang my hat on is the last game. I know you don't like living in the past, but is Saturday too soon? Defensive player of the season just held a lowly 4star freshman to 27.
Any of these seasonal awards are for the season, trey. Not one game awards.

Reactions: Deepelm
Who brought it up trey? Answer A UK fan
I'm not a brag bag, but I'll not sit while y'all dog our players.

I'm a CBB fan and thought you were too. UT is not the farm league for the NBA that UK is and i'm fine with that. Y'all have chosen to load up with one and done freshmen, so don't make excuses about being full of freshman.
Since when is comparing our players to yours dogging? You like your team. I like mine. Upside matters, as well as results. Your best player plays like he is the only player on court. And your lock down defender forgot to lock down. Shit happens. Maybe we will meet again to clear things up.

Reactions: JC for 3
Since when is comparing our players to yours dogging? You like your team. I like mine. Upside matters, as well as results. Your best player plays like he is the only player on court. And your lock down defender forgot to lock down. Shit happens. Maybe we will meet again to clear things up.
You were complaining it was unfair to compare them. Yet, y'all started the comparison.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
You were complaining it was unfair to compare them. Yet, y'all started the comparison.
I have no trouble comparing. May be apples to bananas. But they are players playing for teams that Hate each other. Like I said, you like yours and I like mine. If you want to wait until ncaa tournament is over, that's fine. Guess losing to UK is still a little raw considering how hyped and important it was to y'all.

I have no trouble comparing. May be apples to bananas. But they are players playing for teams that Hate each other. Like I said, you like yours and I like mine. If you want to wait until ncaa tournament is over, that's fine. Guess losing to UK is still a little raw considering how hyped and important it was to y'all.
Trey the Vols won the SEC and are a #1 seed. The game against y'all didn't matter especially since we smacked y'all in Lexington.. I never want to lose, but it was meaningless.

Trey the Vols won the SEC and are a #1 seed. The game against y'all didn't matter especially since we smacked y'all in Lexington.. I never want to lose, but it was meaningless.
Sorry. I just assumed a 1 seed meant something to y'all. Plus all those seniors having a proper send-off. My bad. There for a bit I thought you cared about Vols basketball.

• Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
Sorry. I just assumed a 1 seed meant something to y'all. Plus all those seniors having a proper send-off. My bad. There for a bit I thought you cared about Vols basketball.
We are still a 1 seed. They have a proper send off with rings.

Who brought it up trey? Answer A UK fan
I'm not a brag bag, but I'll not sit while y'all dog our players.

I'm a CBB fan and thought you were too. UT is not the farm league for the NBA that UK is and i'm fine with that. Y'all have chosen to load up with one and done freshmen, so don't make excuses about being full of freshman.
Kentucky fans are a different level of fanatic. Can't help that. Don't expect someone that hasn't experienced success we have had to understand. The NBA factory shit Cal has created is the most frustrating thing ever. As bad as gaps in National championships for me. While a 20 win season is a win for you, it is frustration for me. We expect more. Much more. Not every year championships, but less than an elite 8 is a disappointment.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Kentucky fans are a different level of fanatic. Can't help that. Don't expect someone that hasn't experienced success we have had to understand. The NBA factory shit Cal has created is the most frustrating thing ever. As bad as gaps in National championships for me. While a 20 win season is a win for you, it is frustration for me. We expect more. Much more. Not every year championships, but less than an elite 8 is a disappointment.
That is probably because UK focuses on CBB and not so much anything else. UT is powerful in most major sports. We don't just wait for CBB. Our Basevol team is ranked #5. Our CFB team is good and so on. CBB is all you have and when someone takes it away from you it stings, I get that.

That is why I didn't rub in the game at Lexington. Y'all rubbed it in to yourselves.

Yeah, can you imagine what it would be like if UK players stayed at UK and graduated?
What does that tell you about what we put up with? Sheppard signed as the fifth ranked freshman in the class. Was assumed by all, including mom and dad, as well as coach, to be here multiple years. Now he is compared to Sha Alexander, and Herro as 4 star recruits that have out shined their stars. He and mom and dad have some decisions to make in a month. Money speaks loudly though.

What does that tell you about what we put up with? Sheppard signed as the fifth ranked freshman in the class. Was assumed by all, including mom and dad, as well as coach, to be here multiple years. Now he is compared to Sha Alexander, and Herro as 4 star recruits that have out shined their stars. He and mom and dad have some decisions to make in a month. Money speaks loudly though.
We don't have that much experience with it, but Kennedy Chandler comes to mind. Kid was good, but he could have been so much better if he had stayed. We also had to put up with his learning curve. I don't like 1 and done.

Reactions: treyforuk
That is probably because UK focuses on CBB and not so much anything else. UT is powerful in most major sports. We don't just wait for CBB. Our Basevol team is ranked #5. Our CFB team is good and so on. CBB is all you have and when someone takes it away from you it stings, I get that.

That is why I didn't rub in the game at Lexington. Y'all rubbed it in to yourselves.
Lol...powerful in football. UT has one good year in football...in which they crap down their leg against SC, and you think they are powerful.

Also, this is a basketball board. No one cares about that other crap on this board. If you want to talk about your "powerful football team," go the football board.

Lol...powerful in football. UT has one good year in football...in which they crap down their leg against SC, and you think they are powerful.

Also, this is a basketball board. No one cares about that other crap on this board. If you want to talk about your "powerful football team," go the football board.
Couldn't I say the same thing about your CBB team when they lost at home to a mid major? Trey was explaining why UK fans are so sensitive to CBB and I mention other sports about UT to identify why UT is not exclusive to CBB. It was relevant and it's not like I was comparing the CFB teams.

You've been disappointed a while. Also, there's a fine line between being fanatical and being a douchbag. Several of y'all's fans here stray toward the latter.

You don't expect anyone to actually believe this do you? Come in now dearest Della, we all know better.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
You don't expect anyone to actually believe this do you? Come in now dearest Della, we all know better.
I think I'm just misunderstood. Do you know I sometimes feel sorry for y'all when things aren't going y'all's way. You never hear me say anything bad about Cal. I didn't rub in our win in Lexington. Y'all are way more fun when you aren't mopey cats.

Trust me, UK puts a ton of effort into the FB program. All facilities have been upgraded, the coaches are some of the highest paid in the country and the fans go nuts over fb. It’s definitely not just about basketball in Lexington.

I think I'm just misunderstood. Do you know I sometimes feel sorry for y'all when things aren't going y'all's way. You never hear me say anything bad about Cal. I didn't rub in our win in Lexington. Y'all are way more fun when you aren't mopey cats.
Yeah, you are very respectful, but I refuse to believe a game against UK is 'meaningless'. Everyone from the walk ons, to Rick Barns, to the TBA janitor wanted UT to win that game.
You wanted that game badly.

Trust me, UK puts a ton of effort into the FB program. All facilities have been upgraded, the coaches are some of the highest paid in the country and the fans go nuts over fb. It’s definitely not just about basketball in Lexington.
It's all about perspective Jeff. Did you know you could put Commonwealth and Rupp in Neyland and still have room for several thousand of your closest friends?

Couldn't I say the same thing about your CBB team when they lost at home to a mid major? Trey was explaining why UK fans are so sensitive to CBB and I mention other sports about UT to identify why UT is not exclusive to CBB. It was relevant and it's not like I was comparing the CFB teams.
You can say whatever you want about UKs basketball program, doesn't bother me in the slightest. When you have 17 FFs and 8 championships, what on earth could a UT fan say that would bother me about UKs basketball program?

Go ahead and tee off on UK for losing to UNCW in Nov/Dec, has no bearing on how they are playing now...UK is playing better then any other team in the SEC right now, and has a good chance, like they do in most seasons, to make their 18th FF. Just enjoying the ride.

Yeah, you are very respectful, but I refuse to believe a game against UK is 'meaningless'. Everyone from the walk ons, to Rick Barns, to the TBA janitor wanted UT to win that game.
You wanted that game badly.
Do you remember me telling you how weird the game felt before the game? I questioned if we would be up for it.

You can say whatever you want about UKs basketball program, doesn't bother me in the slightest. When you have 17 FFs and 8 championships, what on earth could a UT fan say that would bother me about UKs basketball program?

Go ahead and tee off on UK for losing to UNCW in Nov/Dec, has no bearing on how they are playing now...UK is playing better then any other team in the SEC right now, and has a good chance, like they do in most seasons, to make their 18th FF. Just enjoying the ride.
I really haven't said anything bad about them. I didn't tee off except to show your hypocrisy. I'm really not mean mcnick.

It's all about perspective Jeff. Did you know you could put Commonwealth and Rupp in Neyland and still have room for several thousand of your closest friends?
UK's fb program was neglected for 100 years, Stoops can only do so much, but the guy has had a 10 win season and when you’re trying to climb out of the bottom of the SEC, that’s impressive.

UK's fb program was neglected for 100 years, Stoops can only do so much, but the guy has had a 10 win season and when you’re trying to climb out of the bottom of the SEC, that’s impressive.
I don't deny that and have said so on the CFB board.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Do you remember me telling you how weird the game felt before the game? I questioned if we would be up for it.
Did you realize all last week I was telling you how impressed I was with UT only having "4 losses" in the SEC? You never caught on. 😂

Y'all need to keep Stoops happy. He doesn't like Beamer, or at least his sunglasses, but is still a good coach.

Reactions: della and kyjeff1
Did you realize all last week I was telling you how impressed I was with UT only having "4 losses" in the SEC? You never caught on. 😂
I actually caught it Friday, but said whatever and laughed it off. :p

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
IMG-4059.png
Ooooh so now the game in Knoxville was meaningless! Riiiiight!!!😂 It’s senior day, your most hated rival is in town, playing for a 1 seed, sold out arena but UT fans say it’s a meaningless game. Funny how during the game they didn’t act like it was a meaningless game!

Reactions: treyforuk
ADVERTISEMENT