ADVERTISEMENT

Knecht or Sheppard?

I was ranking guards as how I would draft him on my college team now not how they project for the NBA.

I'd go:

1. Sheppard
2. Roach
3. Dillingham
4. McCain
5. Proctor
6. Wagner
Where are you putting Reeves? He's probably the best college guard on that list.
1 - Reeves
2 - sheppard
3 - Dillingham
4 - McCain
5 - Roach
6 - Proctor
7 - Wagner
Nope, our guards are just better than theirs. Unless we just shoot really poorly for some reason we should win by 8-10 if not more.
You would be surprised. I would love to see that game. Florida's starting 5 is legit. After what I saw on Saturday (Duke's effort), I say Florida by 4.
Our frontcourt is better than theirs. They have no answer for Flip.
You would be wrong. Condon and Tyrese Samuel are really good. Honestly, I haven't been that impressed with Flip this year. I mean, he's good, but not the dominant big I thought he would be.
Sounds like Auburn's guards would be called for a lot of fouls then. This isn't SEC reffing anymore.
Actually, SEC officials call more fouls. Auburn is a very good and deep veteran team. Bruce Pearl is an ass, but he can coach.
Duke doesn't really turn the ball over and especially so since Proctor's been our main PG.
Against ACC competition, nobody is impressed.
Physical frontcourts affect Mitchell and Flip but I'm not really worried about physical backcourts that can't shoot worth a damn.
Auburn is just a different beast. So is South Carolina. They slow it down like UVA, but they are bigger, more athletic and have a better offense.
Auburn hasn't beaten a single good team all year besides Alabama at home. They have 1 Quad 1 win man.
Agreed, but is that much different than what duke has done? You can't just shit on Auburn for only having 1 Q1 win when duke has only beaten 1 ranked team this season and that was in 2023. The ACC might have some Q1 teams when you play them on the road, but some of them are NIT teams, the rest are on the border. The ACC did duke no favors.
They lost to Baylor on a neutral court to start the year and Duke beat Baylor.
Auburn smashed Arkansas, duke lost to Arkansas. If you can reference games that happened in 2023, the Arky loss is fair game.
Auburn is a team that could realistically lose in the 1st Round. They have a massive homecourt advantage and they feast on weaker competition. None of which they'll enjoy in the NCAAT.
Very true. I just like how hard they play and Broome and Mitchell are all SEC caliber guys. Broome would give Flip a huge challenge.
Why wouldn't they care? They just had a poor start and then it was a pretty back and forth game the entire way but UNC hit big shots whenever it needed to so credit to them.
UNC played with more effort and energy, that's why they won. If duke couldn't get up for that game, what game will they get up for? NC controlled that game, duke made runs, but it was fools gold.
UNC is just a bad matchup for us. They defend dribble handoffs well, fight well over screens and their wings are just bigger than ours considering we play a 3 guard lineup and Ingram is a size mismatch over Mitchell.
You just described a ton of teams all over the country that are bad matchups for duke then. Tennesee is a terrible matchup for UK, but UK stepped up their game and played harder. No excuses.
We'd need to shoot really well and to UNC to finally have an average shooting game to beat them. Instead Ingram and Ryan had career games in the 2 contests.
UNC lost games to had teams, why aren't they a bad matchup for Syracuse and GT? UK had no problem with them. They have RJ Davis and a couple bigs, but you're saying duke would beat all these other teams that have those same weapons.
Truth is, unc and duke haven't had to play tough teams since conference play started. You don't actually know how good or bad duke is.
Duke would absolutely win at USC, LSU, MSST and likely split vs UT and Auburn.
Not from the results I'm seeing. If duke can't even win at Wake, or GT, or Arkansas, how the hell are they going to win at SC, MSU, LSU and Auburn? They wouldn't.
We're ranked 7th on KenPom, 7th on EvanMiya, 9th on T-Rank and 10th on NET.
Because, just like Michigan State, duke hasn't been blown out and they played a bunch of Q1 and Q2 teams. You gamed the metrics and it's not hard to do.
Look at duke's resume, there are no good wins for 4 months. Do you honestly believe duke is the 7th best team? No way in hell.
Want me to keep bringing up UNC Wilmington, Texas A&M and LSU? 3 non tourney teams that UK lost to.
Sure, UK has more than made up for those losses. UK was also missing key players all year. Lets take Flip, Proctor and Mitchel away from duke and see how they do.
UNC lost to GT too. Besides the top 3 teams, all the other squads have suffered bad losses.
Because the ACC is not good. Duke and unc have flaws just like everyone else, but at least unc has great wins, duke doesn't.
Duke lost to GT and Arkansas in 2023 Jeff. I'm willing to let UNCW go if you stop bringing up games from 4 months ago.
No no, go ahead and keep talking about UNCW, UK has more than made up for their bad losses.
Duke has gotten a lot better since then and have not suffered a bad loss with their starters playing in 2024 and we're 3.5 months into the year.
But you have no good wins since December. Miami (who UK smashed), Louisville (who UK smashed) Wake, NC State and VT are meh, but you're trying to act like those are great wins we should be impressed by.
You"ll bring up the Pitt loss but Roach and Mitchell were out for that game and Pitt is a top 50 squad that's ranked higher on KenPom than South Carolina.
Yeah, well, KP has duke still ahead of unc. KP still has KU in the top 10, KP still has 13 loss MSU at 26. You're leaning on a flawed metric. Do you honestly believe duke should be ahead of unc?
Duke would win at Arkansas, at SC, at FL and probably split vs Auburn and UT.
You're saying Duke would win at Arkansas… .but thst game already happened and duke lost and if we look at the other teams duke has lost to and the petty wins they have, you can only hope they would win those games. If they can't even beat Wake, they ain't beating usc, MSU, Florida or Auburn. Hell no.
Kentucky blew out mighty Auburn on their home court and Duke couldn't do the same?
No. Y'all just lost at Wake and you played with zero effort at home against unc.
At this point in time, looking at dukes resume and how they played last Saturday, why should I feel confident duke could win at Auburn? Duke has lost to every tough team they have played. You can't point to one thing that can show anyone that duke could beat a team like Auburn, who has only lost 1 game at home in 3 years.

UK's bigs went scoreless. And we still won. So if the bigs would've had half their averages, it would've been a dlb digit win.
But, it wasn’t and Ut was the only one to get a dbl digit win 🫤

@della

From your ex pal Scotty:

"But but but the past doesn’t matter so why do you and every other UT fan bring it up? The last game UK and UT played UK won. That’s all that matters right or wrong?"
She don’t have me blocked. Bless her heart she couldn’t do it if she tried. She says she “ignored me” but yet she quotes my post and reply’s😂

That Della can be a tricky, tricky UT fan.
What are we gonna do with her?
Confused Jim Carrey GIF

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You've been the only voice of reason aside from LA. UK has some posters here who are a poor reflection of real UK fans. Four or five UK fans here are vocal children. I blame poor genetics and parenting.
Anyone who goes by LA sounds like a real pud.....wait.

We're mortal enemies now.

last asshole
loose anal
I should stop.

I was ranking guards as how I would draft him on my college team now not how they project for the NBA.

I'd go:

1. Sheppard
2. Roach
3. Dillingham
4. McCain
5. Proctor
6. Wagner

Nope, our guards are just better than theirs. Unless we just shoot really poorly for some reason we should win by 8-10 if not more.

Our frontcourt is better than theirs. They have no answer for Flip.

Sounds like Auburn's guards would be called for a lot of fouls then. This isn't SEC reffing anymore.

Duke doesn't really turn the ball over and especially so since Proctor's been our main PG.

Physical frontcourts affect Mitchell and Flip but I'm not really worried about physical backcourts that can't shoot worth a damn.

Auburn hasn't beaten a single good team all year besides Alabama at home. They have 1 Quad 1 win man.

They lost to Baylor on a neutral court to start the year and Duke beat Baylor.

Auburn is a team that could realistically lose in the 1st Round. They have a massive homecourt advantage and they feast on weaker competition. None of which they'll enjoy in the NCAAT.

Why wouldn't they care? They just had a poor start and then it was a pretty back and forth game the entire way but UNC hit big shots whenever it needed to so credit to them.

UNC is just a bad matchup for us. They defend dribble handoffs well, fight well over screens and their wings are just bigger than ours considering we play a 3 guard lineup and Ingram is a size mismatch over Mitchell.

We'd need to shoot really well and to UNC to finally have an average shooting game to beat them. Instead Ingram and Ryan had career games in the 2 contests.

Duke would absolutely win at USC, LSU, MSST and likely split vs UT and Auburn.

We're ranked 7th on KenPom, 7th on EvanMiya, 9th on T-Rank and 10th on NET.

Want me to keep bringing up UNC Wilmington, Texas A&M and LSU? 3 non tourney teams that UK lost to.

UNC lost to GT too. Besides the top 3 teams, all the other squads have suffered bad losses.

Duke lost to GT and Arkansas in 2023 Jeff. I'm willing to let UNCW go if you stop bringing up games from 4 months ago.

Duke has gotten a lot better since then and have not suffered a bad loss with their starters playing in 2024 and we're 3.5 months into the year.

You"ll bring up the Pitt loss but Roach and Mitchell were out for that game and Pitt is a top 50 squad that's ranked higher on KenPom than South Carolina.

Duke would win at Arkansas, at SC, at FL and probably split vs Auburn and UT.

Kentucky blew out mighty Auburn on their home court and Duke couldn't do the same?
"Our frontcourt is better than theirs. They have no answer for Flip."

We have 3 answers...all 7 ft or taller, and we seemed to have answers for Bacot, the best big in the ACC.

Reactions: treyforuk
I never understood ignore. You have scotty on ignore. Everyone seems to have someone on ignore.
It's best for me and Scotty. 1 He is too vulgar for me 2 It cuts down on me vs UK fans wars. If I start boxing his ears UK fans start to get mad and I'm in a war with all of them. I like to joke around, but constant wars are not fun. Kevin Byran was actually the one that suggested it in the middle of a fight.

• Love
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I guess just ignoring vs ignore is a foreign concept. Kevin was right though, not many can say "you won" just to let them have the last word. They have to respond.

btw, you won.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I guess just ignoring vs ignore is a foreign concept. Kevin was right though, not many can say "you won" just to let them have the last word. They have to respond.

btw, you won.
You would need to have filters to understand it.

"Our frontcourt is better than theirs. They have no answer for Flip."

We have 3 answers...all 7 ft or taller, and we seemed to have answers for Bacot, the best big in the ACC.
I'm talking about Florida not UK.

Flip is better than Bacot.

Your 7 footers can block shots but get lost in defensive positioning and don't protect the rim well.

UK is 153rd in 2 PT FG percentage, 225th in defensive rebounding percentage and 183rd at sending opponents to the FT line.

That ain't good Jack.

Your 7 footers can block shots but get lost in defensive positioning and don't protect the rim well.

UK is 153rd in 2 PT FG percentage, 225th in defensive rebounding percentage and 183rd at sending opponents to the FT line.

That ain't good Jack.
But UK beat Arkansas twice!

Reactions: treyforuk

That ain't good Jack.
....better than Bacot? Based on your opinion? Rim protection was a huge part of beating ut last Saturday.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
You would be surprised. I would love to see that game. Florida's starting 5 is legit. After what I saw on Saturday (Duke's effort), I say Florida by 4.
If Duke's "effort" consistently sucked they would let inferior teams hang around like UK and their metrics would suffer.

That clearly isn't happening and you admitted yourself Duke is good vs mediocre competition so don't contradict yourself.

You would be wrong. Condon and Tyrese Samuel are really good. Honestly, I haven't been that impressed with Flip this year. I mean, he's good, but not the dominant big I thought he would be.
In your mind every SEC player is really good and All-American ACC players are bad. Flip would dominate UF's frontline.

UVA has the 33rd ranked interior defense and Flip went off vs them.

Actually, SEC officials call more fouls. Auburn is a very good and deep veteran team. Bruce Pearl is an ass, but he can coach.
Auburn literally has 1 good win man. Lay off the crack pipe.

UNC played with more effort and energy, that's why they won. If duke couldn't get up for that game, what game will they get up for? NC controlled that game, duke made runs, but it was fools gold.
UNC is just very good period. I agree they came out of the gate with more intensity but Duke just missed shots to start the game which led to UNC transition 3s.

Duke put up 84 and 79 points in 2 games vs a top 5 UNC defense. Duke can score on anyone.

You just described a ton of teams all over the country that are bad matchups for duke then. Tennesee is a terrible matchup for UK, but UK stepped up their game and played harder. No excuses.
UT played like they didn't care in that game. They were willing to run with UK and see who can outscore who.

That's not how you beat Kentucky. You force the young Cats to play a slow temp halfcourt game, value possessions and only take good shots.

Teams like Princeton, UConn, Houston, Dayton and St. Mary's would give UK hell.

Not from the results I'm seeing. If duke can't even win at Wake, or GT, or Arkansas, how the hell are they going to win at SC, MSU, LSU and Auburn? They wouldn't.
You keep bringing up losses from months ago besides Wake who again is a good team. LSU sucks why are you bringing them up?

Duke would probably split against elite competition in the SEC because that's what good teams generally do.

Because, just like Michigan State, duke hasn't been blown out and they played a bunch of Q1 and Q2 teams. You gamed the metrics and it's not hard to do.
Look at duke's resume, there are no good wins for 4 months. Do you honestly believe duke is the 7th best team? No way in hell.
How did Duke game the metrics? We're just a very good team. We only have 7 losses and most of our wins are convincing double digits victories in a Power 5 conference.

This isn't rocket science.

No no, go ahead and keep talking about UNCW, UK has more than made up for their bad losses.
You don't make bad losses go away by having great wins. A team is a sum of its body of work with more attention paid to recent results.

But you have no good wins since December. Miami (who UK smashed), Louisville (who UK smashed) Wake, NC State and VT are meh, but you're trying to act like those are great wins we should be impressed by.
Everyone smashes Miami and Louisville, why are you bringing that up? The good Duke wins since December are @VT, @Pitt, home vs Clemson and home vs Wake Forest.

Yeah, well, KP has duke still ahead of unc. KP still has KU in the top 10, KP still has 13 loss MSU at 26. You're leaning on a flawed metric. Do you honestly believe duke should be ahead of unc?
MSU has been on the wrong end of some close losses just like South Carolina has pulled out some close victories.

KenPom is the most respected college basketball statistical tool. Only Kentucky hillbillies think its flawed.

You're saying Duke would win at Arkansas… .but thst game already happened and duke lost and if we look at the other teams duke has lost to and the petty wins they have, you can only hope they would win those games. If they can't even beat Wake, they ain't beating usc, MSU, Florida or Auburn. Hell no.
You're right Jeff! Duke has no chance vs the mighty Florida Gators who just literally lost to Vanderbilt or Auburn who lost to Appy State and got blown out by Bama and UK.

No. Y'all just lost at Wake and you played with zero effort at home against unc.
At this point in time, looking at dukes resume and how they played last Saturday, why should I feel confident duke could win at Auburn? Duke has lost to every tough team they have played. You can't point to one thing that can show anyone that duke could beat a team like Auburn, who has only lost 1 game at home in 3 years.
Johni Broome is the only player that Auburn has that would even start for Duke. You're making yourself look silly Jeff.

I never understood ignore. You have scotty on ignore. Everyone seems to have someone on ignore.

200w.gif
She doesn’t have me on ignore. She says she does but we all know she doesn’t. If I’m “ignored” then how does she quote me and reply to me?

If Duke's "effort" consistently sucked they would let inferior teams hang around like UK and their metrics would suffer.
But they have let bad teams hang around. The loss to Wake was disturbing to me. The close call with a really bad NCST team was bad as well. Duke has blown out the bad teams, like Miami, UL, FSU, UVA etc… , but you have to look at trends, duke was looking good in January, but it appears they have leveled off. I don't like what I see when I watch duke.
That clearly isn't happening and you admitted yourself Duke is good vs mediocre competition so don't contradict yourself.
I'm not contradicting myself. Duke looks mediocre against anyone with a pulse.
In your mind every SEC player is really good and All-American ACC players are bad. Flip would dominate UF's frontline.
I have literally complimented McCain, RJ Davis and Bacot all season. Sorry man, but the talent in the ACC is way down compared to what we used to see.
Great, but UVA is an NIT team.
They beat Alabama, beat South Carolina by 40, beat Virginia Tech by 17, beat Arkansas by 28 right after duke lost to them and beat MSU. Those are good wins, I don't care who you are and I don't care what flawed metrics say. Duke has 1 win against a ranked team, Auburn's resume is better in my mind.
UNC is just very good period. I agree they came out of the gate with more intensity but Duke just missed shots to start the game which led to UNC transition 3s.
But if duke can't get up for that game, how are they going to deal with NCAAT play?
Duke put up 84 and 79 points in 2 games vs a top 5 UNC defense. Duke can score on anyone.
Sure, but I'm not impressed with 84 and 79 points when the opponent is unc, who plays a high posession style.
UT played like they didn't care in that game. They were willing to run with UK and see who can outscore who.
You're out of your mind. Knecht scored 40 and UT played the style of game they have played all season. The effort was there. UT wants to beat UK more than any other program in the country.
That's not how you beat Kentucky. You force the young Cats to play a slow temp halfcourt game, value possessions and only take good shots.
Teams play how they play, UT doesn't play slow, they would be fools to all the sudden change how they play for 1 game.
They beat UK in Rupp playing that same style.
And UK would give them hell too. Also, you just listed 4 teams that would give everyone they face a hard game.
That's hilarious, you listed the 2 title favorites, well duh. Throw Purdue in there too. Guess what, they would give duke hell too.
You keep bringing up losses from months ago besides Wake who again is a good team. LSU sucks why are you bringing them up?
You're doing the same exact thing. I brought up LSU, because they are a good team that went on a heater for a month. They have size and talent.
Duke would probably split against elite competition in the SEC because that's what good teams generally do.
You say that, but duke has not beaten anyone worth a damn all year. They have 1 win over a ranked team and Baylor wasn't playing very well when that game happened. You can't sit there and say duke would beat all these RANKED teams on the road, when duke hasn't actually done that all season.
How did Duke game the metrics? We're just a very good team. We only have 7 losses and most of our wins are convincing double digits victories in a Power 5 conference.

So you really think duke is the 7th best team? They beat a bunch of teams that the metrics show are quad 1, but half of those teams aren't even getting in the tournament. That's a joke.
You don't make bad losses go away by having great wins. A team is a sum of its body of work with more attention paid to recent results.
UK has won 8 out of 9. The one loss was a tip in at the buzzer. They have won @ Tennessee, @ Auburn, @ MSU and smacked Alabama. So you tell me, is UK still the same team they were in November? Obviously you think that since you made this statement.
Everyone smashes Miami and Louisville, why are you bringing that up? The good Duke wins since December are @VT, @Pitt, home vs Clemson and home vs Wake Forest.
You seriously going to count that Clemson win?
Pitt is an NIT team, Wake is an NIT team and VT is mid, but here you are bragging about shitty wins. Nobody is impressed with those wins except you. Your own fellow fans are telling you exactly the same thing I'm saying.
MSU has been on the wrong end of some close losses just like South Carolina has pulled out some close victories.

KenPom is the most respected college basketball statistical tool. Only Kentucky hillbillies think its flawed.
0kay, so Michigan State is the 26th best team? 13 losses.
Duke is better than unc?
The metrics are easily gamed. The BIG12 figured ot out, just blow out a bunch of bad teams and bam, you're a quad 1 team. It's flawed and I'm from Jersey and Michigan, I'm no hillbilly
You're right Jeff! Duke has no chance vs the mighty Florida Gators who just literally lost to Vanderbilt or Auburn who lost to Appy State and got blown out by Bama and UK.
App state? Wait, you just asked me not to bring up losses that happened 5 months ago. So you can do it, but I can't?
Johni Broome is the only player that Auburn has that would even start for Duke. You're making yourself look silly Jeff.
Mitchell would start too. Not sure why that matters, it's a team game and Auburn is very good. They're ranked, so I have no faith in duke to beat them.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Book!

But they have let bad teams hang around. The loss to Wake was disturbing to me. The close call with a really bad NCST team was bad as well. Duke has blown out the bad teams, like Miami, UL, FSU, UVA etc… , but you have to look at trends, duke was looking good in January, but it appears they have leveled off. I don't like what I see when I watch duke.

I'm not contradicting myself. Duke looks mediocre against anyone with a pulse.

I have literally complimented McCain, RJ Davis and Bacot all season. Sorry man, but the talent in the ACC is way down compared to what we used to see.

Great, but UVA is an NIT team.

They beat Alabama, beat South Carolina by 40, beat Virginia Tech by 17, beat Arkansas by 28 right after duke lost to them and beat MSU. Those are good wins, I don't care who you are and I don't care what flawed metrics say. Duke has 1 win against a ranked team, Auburn's resume is better in my mind.

But if duke can't get up for that game, how are they going to deal with NCAAT play?

Sure, but I'm not impressed with 84 and 79 points when the opponent is unc, who plays a high posession style.

You're out of your mind. Knecht scored 40 and UT played the style of game they have played all season. The effort was there. UT wants to beat UK more than any other program in the country.

Teams play how they play, UT doesn't play slow, they would be fools to all the sudden change how they play for 1 game.
They beat UK in Rupp playing that same style.

And UK would give them hell too. Also, you just listed 4 teams that would give everyone they face a hard game.
That's hilarious, you listed the 2 title favorites, well duh. Throw Purdue in there too. Guess what, they would give duke hell too.

You're doing the same exact thing. I brought up LSU, because they are a good team that went on a heater for a month. They have size and talent.

You say that, but duke has not beaten anyone worth a damn all year. They have 1 win over a ranked team and Baylor wasn't playing very well when that game happened. You can't sit there and say duke would beat all these RANKED teams on the road, when duke hasn't actually done that all season.

So you really think duke is the 7th best team? They beat a bunch of teams that the metrics show are quad 1, but half of those teams aren't even getting in the tournament. That's a joke.

UK has won 8 out of 9. The one loss was a tip in at the buzzer. They have won @ Tennessee, @ Auburn, @ MSU and smacked Alabama. So you tell me, is UK still the same team they were in November? Obviously you think that since you made this statement.

You seriously going to count that Clemson win?
Pitt is an NIT team, Wake is an NIT team and VT is mid, but here you are bragging about shitty wins. Nobody is impressed with those wins except you. Your own fellow fans are telling you exactly the same thing I'm saying.

0kay, so Michigan State is the 26th best team? 13 losses.
Duke is better than unc?
The metrics are easily gamed. The BIG12 figured ot out, just blow out a bunch of bad teams and bam, you're a quad 1 team. It's flawed and I'm from Jersey and Michigan, I'm no hillbilly

App state? Wait, you just asked me not to bring up losses that happened 5 months ago. So you can do it, but I can't?

Mitchell would start too. Not sure why that matters, it's a team game and Auburn is very good. They're ranked, so I have no faith in duke to beat them.
Bigger book! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT