ADVERTISEMENT

Knecht or Sheppard?

Hey, you hijacked this thread and now you wanna bitch about where it goes?

Keep those fingers crossed about the tournament, Kreskin. We'll see how well that wishful thinking works out for ya.
Me, you have broke your neck to try to insult me every chance you've gotten because of one post in a 5 page thread. You ha e hijacked this thread and highlighted the fact that you have the depth and intelligence of single ply toilet paper.

Me, you have broke your neck to try to insult me every chance you've gotten because of one post in a 5 page thread. You ha e hijacked this thread and highlighted the fact that you have the depth and intelligence of single ply toilet paper.
Noob, you haven't been at this anywhere near as long as I have. When SC has a good season is about the only time we hear the chirping from you, Rod and Big George. Every other year.... silence.

Reactions: treyforuk
There is 1 elite team. (unc) and 2 good teams (duke and Clemson). That’s it. The SEC has 4 FF threats and 2 more that could get there with the right matchups.
The SEC has 4 FF threats?? UT and UK are legit but you're counting Auburn and Alabama too now? You think Florida or the Cocks can make the Final 4?

This is the crazy SEC homerism I'm talking about. Clemson is rated better than Florida or SC but I would never call them a FF threat. They can make the 2nd weekend with the right matchups but a FF would be a huge surprise.

Auburn has 1 Quad 1 win Jeff. Bama has looked like crap for a month now and can only win at home. Florida just lost to freaking Vandy.

Complimenting other teams doesn't make you not a homer. You say that UK is a title threat.
Oh really? Please point to where I claimed UK was a title threat? I've literally been saying the direct opposite. This is the wrong year to be young.
However, I will say this, in a one-and-done tournament, when teams like FDU, Miami, George Mason, Butler and SDSU made the FF, UK has the players to do it. I trust UK a whole lot more than I do Duke and Purdue.
That's just false though. Duke's played its best basketball in the last month or so.
If this is duke's best basketball, I wouldn't be bragging about it. Who has duke beaten that is worth a shit? Don’t even say VT, uva and Pitt, because that will just make you look worse. Those are nothing to brag about.
Luckily we have metrics that we can use to dispel these bad lies.
Same metrics that have Michigan State as the 26th best team and Induana at 94, with the same exact resume. You're hiding hehind quad 1 language. Beating NIT Pitt on the road is not the same as beating Tennessee, Auburn, Florida and Mississippi state on the road and it's not the same as beating unc, something duke couldn't do with 2 attempts.
Since February 1st, Duke is #5 on Torvik while UK is #18.
Duke has played 2 ranked teams since December 31st and lost both of those games.
I'll say it again, duke has played 2… .TWO ranked teams this year and lost both games.
Those ranked teams… unc and unc at home… that's it.
Duke also lost to Pitt at home, GT and Wake.
Why are you here bragging?
Duke and UK are on the same level. The metrics actually favor Duke but even if you're stretching things, you can't claim UK is better.
UK would bury duke right now, they are not on the same level. Only a duke homer would possibly think duke is even close to uk right now.
The SEC is slightly better than the ACC but both aren't as good as the Big 10 and Big 12.
The SEC is miles better than the ACC.
You trying to defend the acc and duke, makes you look so bad, especially after last weekend.

The SEC has 4 FF threats?? UT and UK are legit but you're counting Auburn and Alabama too now? You think Florida or the Cocks can make the Final 4?

This is the crazy SEC homerism I'm talking about. Clemson is rated better than Florida or SC but I would never call them a FF threat. They can make the 2nd weekend with the right matchups but a FF would be a huge surprise.

Auburn has 1 Quad 1 win Jeff. Bama has looked like crap for a month now and can only win at home. Florida just lost to freaking Vandy.
Guards win in March, all of those teams have elite guards.
I didn’t say they would be on anyone's short list to.make a FF, but if FDU, SDSU, Miami and Butler can make a FF, so can Alabama, Auburn, UT, UK and Florida.
South Carolina has a FF, beat duke on the way. Any yeam that has elite guards, has a chance and trust me when I tell you, all 5 of those teams have elite guards.

Also, IDGAF about quad 1 wins, it's flawed metrics. Why don't you go ahead and list duke's quad 1 wins for the class. Then I'll list Auburns best wins. I bet Auburn’s wins are more impressive.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
What in hell does that mean? Your team is fifth!

Do you have sense enough to understand 5th from 1st and 2nd?
Sure but I'm not the one who has their thong on backwards like you and your fans. By the way, im glad to see you are still ornery as ever. You must have new tennis balls on your walker or something.

• Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
trust UK a whole lot more than I do Duke and Purdue.
More proof that you're a UK and SEC homer. You trust UK more than Duke when the latter plays better defense and also has a great set of guards? You trust UK more than Purdue who's got great guards of their own and the best player in the country in Zach Edey.

The idea of Big Z, Bradshaw or Onyenso trying to stop Zach Edey is hilarious. Its BBQ chicken all day long for Edey. He could put up a 30 spot in his sleep. Purdue plays good perimeter D too.

You could argue that Braden Smith is on the same level as Sheppard and Dillingham too.

If this is duke's best basketball, I wouldn't be bragging about it. Who has duke beaten that is worth a shit? Don’t even say VT, uva and Pitt, because that will just make you look worse. Those are nothing to brag about.
I'm not really bragging about it. Besides the UNC losses and the road loss to Wake, Duke has been taking care of business beating up on the rest of the competition even if it is mediocre.

Same metrics that have Michigan State as the 26th best team and Induana at 94, with the same exact resume. You're hiding hehind quad 1 language. Beating NIT Pitt on the road is not the same as beating Tennessee, Auburn, Florida and Mississippi state on the road and it's not the same as beating unc, something duke couldn't do with 2 attempts.
What's Quad 1 language? I'm using advanced metrics like KenPom and Torvik.

Beating Pitt on the road is similar to beating Mississippi State and slightly worse than beating Florida on the road. Pitt's played great lately and is a solidly top 50 team.

Losing to UNC twice doesn't mean you suck.

Duke has played 2 ranked teams since December 31st and lost both of those games.
I'll say it again, duke has played 2… .TWO ranked teams this year and lost both games.
Those ranked teams… unc and unc at home… that's it.
Duke also lost to Pitt at home, GT and Wake.
Why are you here bragging?
How many ranked teams are on Duke's schedule this year? Oh that's right only UNC! You might as well keep saying Duke lost to UNC twice which we did.

UK would bury duke right now, they are not on the same level. Only a duke homer would possibly think duke is even close to uk right now.
So now you've gone to UK would bury Duke now? :)

Duke's 3 guards are just as good and dangerous. We've got a low post scoring threat in Filipowski which UK doesn't have and they play much better defense.

The SEC is miles better than the ACC.
You trying to defend the acc and duke, makes you look so bad, especially after last weekend.
You're trying to praise the SEC for being amazing when freaking Florida lost to Vandy, UT the title contender lost to UK, Ole Miss got blown out by A&M at home and MSST lost to SC at home.

The SEC is largely mediocre too Jeff.

Guards win in March, all of those teams have elite guards.
I didn’t say they would be on anyone's short list to.make a FF, but if FDU, SDSU, Miami and Butler can make a FF, so can Alabama, Auburn, UT, UK and Florida.
South Carolina has a FF, beat duke on the way. Any yeam that has elite guards, has a chance and trust me when I tell you, all 5 of those teams have elite guards.
All 5 of those teams have elite guards?? Ziegler, UK's Big 3 and Mark Sears I"ll give you but who are the "elite" guards that Auburn and Florida have.

Duke has a much better guard trio (Roach, Proctor, McCain) than those Auburn or Florida yet you won't even admit that Duke could make a Final 4.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
When I started this thread, I never realized it would’ve become this fun! This has just been a delightful surprise. This one has some passion!

affleck_pleasant_surprise-550x304.gif

More proof that you're a UK and SEC homer. You trust UK more than Duke when the latter plays better defense and also has a great set of guards? You trust UK more than Purdue who's got great guards of their own and the best player in the country in Zach Edey.
I don't trust Purdue, because Matt Painter sucks, they're guards most certainly are not elite and tgey depend on 1 guy and he's not a guard.
Duke is not a better team.than UK, I don't care what the metrics say and duke's defense doesn't hold a candle to Tennessee's defense. UK put 85 and 92 on UT, but you think duke would lock UK down?
If anyone is a homer, it's you. Duke has an awful resume and they haven't beaten a ranked team since December. UK has 5 better wins than what Duke has AND, UK has 2 lottery picks on the roster. You don't need to he a homer to see this stuff.
The idea of Big Z, Bradshaw or Onyenso trying to stop Zach Edey is hilarious. Its BBQ chicken all day long for Edey. He could put up a 30 spot in his sleep. Purdue plays good perimeter D too.
So, somehow Nebraska, Ohio state, Northwestern and Farleigh Dickinson managed to do it, but a team with extreme length, talent and athletesism can't? Remember, Purdue has to guard UK too, do you really think Purdue's guards can check UK's guards?
You could argue that Braden Smith is on the same level as Sheppard and Dillingham too.
Stop, just stop. Reed Sheppard is a lottery pick. Just stop.
I'm not really bragging about it. Besides the UNC losses and the road loss to Wake, Duke has been taking care of business beating up on the rest of the competition even if it is mediocre.
Taking care of business? Against who?
Duke has 7 losses and only played 2 games against ranked teams for the last 3 months. UK has one more loss while playing in a much tougher conference.
Duke is 0-2 vs ranked teams in conference play
UK is 3-1 vs ranked teams in conference play, plus they beat unc. UK won at Auburn, at MSU and at Tennessee, duke can't even beat unc and Pitt at home. What am I missing?
What's Quad 1 language? I'm using advanced metrics like KenPom and Torvik.

Beating Pitt on the road is similar to beating Mississippi State and slightly worse than beating Florida on the road. Pitt's played great lately and is a solidly top 50 team.
Pitt's not getting in the tournament and duke lost to them at home. Duke also lost to GT and Wale forest.
You’re bragging about NIT teams.
Losing to UNC twice doesn't mean you suck.
Losing to Arkansas, GT, Pitt at home and Wake Forest. Wake lost to ND man. Come on.
Yeah, UK lost to UNCW, that was in November, duke is looking like piss right now.
How many ranked teams are on Duke's schedule this year? Oh that's right only UNC! You might as well keep saying Duke lost to UNC twice which we did.
And you're bragging about the fact that duke has only played 2 games where the opponent was ranked.
So now you've gone to UK would bury Duke now? :)
Uh, yeah.
Duke's 3 guards are just as good and dangerous. We've got a low post scoring threat in Filipowski which UK doesn't have and they play much better defense.
I looked on draft kings, why are duke's guards well behind UK's? UK has 2 lottery.picks in the backcourt and they are lottery picks because of how well they played this year.
It’s odd how UK's lack of a post scorer hasn’t seemed to be a problem at all this year. UK is playing a 4, or 5 out offense, so post play isnt an issue.
You’re calling me a homer, but UK is the hot team right now, duke is the one droppinglike a stone.
You're trying to praise the SEC for being amazing when freaking Florida lost to Vandy, UT the title contender lost to UK, Ole Miss got blown out by A&M at home and MSST lost to SC at home.

The SEC is largely mediocre too Jeff.
Uh, duke lost to Arkansas, GT and Pitt at home.
Kansas lost to Wva
UConn lost to SH.
Purdue lost yo Nebraska and Ohio State
So I'm not sure why Florida losing at Vandy us any different.
Florida is the 6th ranked team in the SEC, duke has worse losses and they're the 2nd best acc team.

LOL, Vandy won at Arkansas, something duke couldn't do.

It's just amazing how you are calling me a homer, when UK is the one that everyone is talking about right now and is the team that just went on the road and beat a 1 seed in their gym and duke is the team that has only beaten 1 ranked team all season and it happened in December. In fact, duke has only played 2 ranked teams all year, are 1-2 and you're here talking shit??? Additionally, UK beat unc on a neutral court and beat Arkansas twice, duke is 0-3 against those teams.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Random- I'm gonna start expecting you to do more than just dropping an M-80 in running away...
It’s odd . . . I just asked who people preferred, cast my vote for Reed, went to work and came back and this thing had gone multiple pages with fiery responses. Saw it as maybe a 2-pager, tops.

All 5 of those teams have elite guards?? Ziegler, UK's Big 3 and Mark Sears I"ll give you but who are the "elite" guards that Auburn and Florida have.

Duke has a much better guard trio (Roach, Proctor, McCain) than those Auburn or Florida yet you won't even admit that Duke could make a Final 4.
UK has 2 lottery pick guards, one of which is the projected #1 pick. The other guards are Antonio Reeves and DJ Wagner. I take 3 of UK's guards before taking any 1 of duke's guards.

Florida has Pullin, Kugel and Clayton. Look them up.

Auburn has Mazara and if you look at their roster, they are extremely deep at the guard position.

Duke has talented guards, nobody is saying they don't. Talent isn't the issue. The issue to me is lack of effort and lack of physicality.

North Carolina just punked duke on their own home floor in a game that duke wanted badly. Duke's effort was bad. Sure, they are good on offense and good on defense, but they don't look like a FF team to me. They look good against NIT teams, but against good teams, they look average.

I don't trust Purdue, because Matt Painter sucks, they're guards most certainly are not elite and tgey depend on 1 guy and he's not a guard.
Duke is not a better team.than UK, I don't care what the metrics say and duke's defense doesn't hold a candle to Tennessee's defense. UK put 85 and 92 on UT, but you think duke would lock UK down?
If anyone is a homer, it's you. Duke has an awful resume and they haven't beaten a ranked team since December. UK has 5 better wins than what Duke has AND, UK has 2 lottery picks on the roster. You don't need to he a homer to see this stuff.
Purdue has 2 of the 5 best lineup combos according to EvanMiya. Their guard play has been fantastic this year. You clearly haven't seen them play and are using worn out stereotypes.

No one cares whether you respect Purdue or not. They have 3 losses and have been better than Kentucky all year.

Duke wouldn't lock down UK by any means but Duke would score at will vs UK too. Your piss ass defense ranks 93rd in the country Jeff.

So, somehow Nebraska, Ohio state, Northwestern and Farleigh Dickinson managed to do it, but a team with extreme length, talent and athletesism can't? Remember, Purdue has to guard UK too, do you really think Purdue's guards can check UK's guards?
Its almost impossible to be undefeated going to into the NCAAT. Purdue suffered 3 losses this year and none of them are bad.

Purdue would score on UK at will. You'd better hope the Cats aren't cold that day.

I looked on draft kings, why are duke's guards well behind UK's? UK has 2 lottery.picks in the backcourt and they are lottery picks because of how well they played this year.
It’s odd how UK's lack of a post scorer hasn’t seemed to be a problem at all this year. UK is playing a 4, or 5 out offense, so post play isnt an issue.
You’re calling me a homer, but UK is the hot team right now, duke is the one droppinglike a stone.
Duke has been hotter this past month. We're #5 in the country on Torvik after that home Pitt loss when we were missing 2 starters.

Kansas lost to Wva
UConn lost to SH.
Florida is the 6th ranked team in the SEC, duke has worse losses and they're the 2nd best acc team.

Keep talking about a Duke loss in November to Arkansas. You struggled vs them just last Saturday and you're talking about Duke losing a game to them 4 months ago.

Vandy is barely a top 200 team and they're one of the worst Power conference teams. Florida losing to them is beyond embarrassing.

The Gators barely beat Georgia twice and LSU. They've lost to crap teams like Ole Miss, A&M and now Vandy.

I hope Duke gets the Gators in the 2nd round of the tourney. We'd whip that ass all the way back to Gainesville.

Stop, just stop. Reed Sheppard is a lottery pick. Just stop.

Taking care of business? Against who?
Duke has 7 losses and only played 2 games against ranked teams for the last 3 months. UK has one more loss while playing in a much tougher conference.
Duke is 0-2 vs ranked teams in conference play
UK is 3-1 vs ranked teams in conference play, plus they beat unc. UK won at Auburn, at MSU and at Tennessee, duke can't even beat unc and Pitt at home. What am I missing?

Pitt's not getting in the tournament and duke lost to them at home. Duke also lost to GT and Wale forest.
You’re bragging about NIT teams.

Losing to Arkansas, GT, Pitt at home and Wake Forest. Wake lost to ND man. Come on.
Yeah, UK lost to UNCW, that was in November, duke is looking like piss right now.

And you're bragging about the fact that duke has only played 2 games where the opponent was ranked.

Uh, yeah.

Kansas lost to Wva
UConn lost to SH.

It's just amazing how you are calling me a homer, when UK is the one that everyone is talking about right now and is the team that just went on the road and beat a 1 seed in their gym and duke is the team that has only beaten 1 ranked team all season and it happened in December. In fact, duke has only played 2 ranked teams all year, are 1-2 and you're here talking shit??? Additionally, UK beat unc on a neutral court and beat Arkansas twice, duke is 0-3 against those teams.
When are you expecting this to come out as an audio?

UK has 2 lottery pick guards, one of which is the projected #1 pick. The other guards are Antonio Reeves and DJ Wagner. I take 3 of UK's guards before taking any 1 of duke's guards.
Taking DJ Wagner over Roach or McCain is crazy. Duke's guards are better defenders as a whole and are only slightly worse shooters.

Florida has Pullin, Kugel and Clayton. Look them up.
Cool Duke has Jeremy Roach, Jared McCain and Tyrese Proctor. All 3 are better.

Duke has talented guards, nobody is saying they don't. Talent isn't the issue. The issue to me is lack of effort and lack of physicality.
Proctor basically locked up RJ Davis for 2 games. The issue isn't effort or physicality. The issue is Cormac Ryan basically had a career game that he"ll never replicate again.

North Carolina just punked duke on their own home floor in a game that duke wanted badly. Duke's effort was bad. Sure, they are good on offense and good on defense, but they don't look like a FF team to me. They look good against NIT teams, but against good teams, they look average.
Duke lost by 5. UNC didn't "punk" us. We actually forced more turnovers in that game. It was the terrible start that did us in.

Taking DJ Wagner over Roach or McCain is crazy. Duke's guards are better defenders as a whole and are only slightly worse shooters.

Proctor basically locked up RJ Davis for 2 games. The issue isn't effort or physicality. The issue is Cormac Ryan basically had a career game that he"ll never replicate again.

Duke lost by 5. UNC didn't "punk" us. We actually forced more turnovers in that game. It was the terrible start that did us in.
I'm sorry bignish, but I needed UNC to win in my pick um. Therefore, I threw a little Voodoo out there. Again, sorry, but I did pass Jeff if that is any consolation. He loaded up on Duke.

Purdue has 2 of the 5 best lineup combos according to EvanMiya. Their guard play has been fantastic this year. You clearly haven't seen them play and are using worn out stereotypes.

No one cares whether you respect Purdue or not. They have 3 losses and have been better than Kentucky all year.
You keep putying too much weight on shit metrics that are easily gamed.
Until Purdue proves it in the tournament, I'm not going to buy in.
Yeah, Purdue has only 3 losses, but who have they played the last 3 months? The BIG1O is worse than the ACC. Their toughezt competition is Northwestern and Illinois. Somehow they managed to lose to Nebraska, Northwestern and coachless Ohio State.
Duke wouldn't lock down UK by any means but Duke would score at will vs UK too. Your piss ass defense ranks 93rd in the country Jeff.
UK is more physical than anything duke has seen all year. Keep relying on bullshit metrics instead of what your eyes are telling you. UK plays a high possession style, so their defensive numbers aren't going to be like Houston's, but if Ihm a duke fan, I want to part of UK.
Its almost impossible to be undefeated going to into the NCAAT. Purdue suffered 3 losses this year and none of them are bad.
LOL, what? The Ohio state loss is awful. They fired their head coach mid season, because they were so bad.
Purdue would score on UK at will. You'd better hope the Cats aren't cold that day.
Y'all keep talking about UK going cold. UK doesn’t just depend on 3 point shooting. They outrebounded UT and outscored them in the paint.
But also, we are 31 games in, UK hasn’t 'gone cold' to this point. Could it happen? Sure, but it’s more likely to happen to a team like duke than UK. UK's guards are some of the best shooters and playmakers in the country.
Duke has been hotter this past month. We're #5 in the country on Torvik after that home Pitt loss when we were missing 2 starters.
Stop. My god man, you're better than this. Duke has lost to the only ranked teams they played, which is 1… .twice. Everyone looks good while playing shit competition.
North Carolina is hot, duke… f no.
Keep talking about a Duke loss in November to Arkansas. You struggled vs them just last Saturday and you're talking about Duke losing a game to them 4 months ago.
Okay, UK beat unc, duke is 0-2. UK has 5 wins better than any win duke has.
Arkansas is the type of team duke can't beat, that’s why I bring them up. If duke played Arkansas right now, they would lose by a bigger margin than they did in December. Arkansas actually has all their players now.
Vandy is barely a top 200 team and they're one of the worst Power conference teams. Florida losing to them is beyond embarrassing.

The Gators barely beat Georgia twice and LSU. They've lost to crap teams like Ole Miss, A&M and now Vandy.
Well, duke lost to Wake, GT and Pitt at home. Also lost to Arkansas. So I'm not sure why you're talking shit.
I hope Duke gets the Gators in the 2nd round of the tourney. We'd whip that ass all the way back to Gainesville.
You hage no idea how bad I want to see duke try to beat any of the SEC's top 6. It would not end well for the blew devils.

Read what I said. I said I would take UK's top 3 guards before I took a single duke guard. Sheppard, Dillingham and Reeves are better guards than anything duke has. That is a fact.
I would take Pullin and Clayton first, then McCain and Proctor. There's a reason Roach is still in college.
RJ Davis is a 6' guard, that’s not surprising. But you keep talking about how elite duke's defense is, if you can’t shut Cormac Ryan down, how the hell do you think duke is going to stop anyone else that has an elite backcourt? Duke has lost to every good backcourt they have faced.
That is just the final score. NC had duke down by 8-10 points all game.

I give you credit though, you're here today, most duke fans are in hiding after watching duke shit their pants, play with a lack of effort, watch John Scheyer apologize, watch Filipowski trip a guy and watch the cameron crazies act like entitled brats on national television.

Duke is unraveling and you're here acting like Bahgdad Bob.

Reeves (not Reed), and he is in consideration, although Knecht will be SEC POY. But Sheppard will be national frosh of the year and potentially SEC DPOY (or at least all-defensive team). Reeves' shooting percentages (like Sheppard's) are also better than Knecht's.
Zeiger took DPOY. Shep took Bulbus headed Freshman of the year.

Crazy....newest NBA draft projections came out. Guess who's projected #1? It's not Dalton Knecht
I'm sure Knecht and Zeigler as 1st team all SEC wish Shep 2nd team all SEC congrats.

Connect had 3 less 20 point games than Reaves. 4 single digits games. Reaves had one single digit game and that was 9 points.
How many 30 or 40 pt games did reeves have?:cool:

Consistency matters.
Yeah and when you add it up Knecht averaged more than Reeves. :p

Knecht only widened the difference in SEC play.

I'll give you credit for fighting a hopeless battle though, Trey.

Yeah and when you add it up Knecht averaged more than Reeves. :p

I'll give you credit for fighting a hopeless battle though, Trey.
Oh, please carry on. Only thing I can hang my hat on is the last game. I know you don't like living in the past, but is Saturday too soon? Defensive player of the season just held a lowly 4star freshman to 27.

Reactions: JC for 3
Knecht's best game was when he torched UNC and was efficient while doing so. He launched 29 shots against UK, by far his highest total of the season. 14-29 FG, 6-15 from 3, 6-9 from the line, 40 pts. He put up 37 on UNC with 13-17/4-8/7-8.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Do we really want to compare overall stats of seniors to a freshman? Where are your boys in the draft pecking order?
Who brought it up trey? Answer A UK fan
I'm not a brag bag, but I'll not sit while y'all dog our players.

I'm a CBB fan and thought you were too. UT is not the farm league for the NBA that UK is and i'm fine with that. Y'all have chosen to load up with one and done freshmen, so don't make excuses about being full of freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT