ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky will win the Natty

Ok. That wasn't the point. Two weeks ago, some of BBN was ready to run half the team, AND Cal, right out of Lexington. UK then beats UNC and UL, and suddenly becomes natty title winners. Not contenders.....Winners. So..............when UK loses again..or has a skid.....This thread will certainly resurface. It will do so, because some of BBN will again be ready to run Cal out of town.

That is why is said what I did......And when UK loses....It will happen. Especially if you go to Bama, and lose.

More likely on RR. “Most” of the UK fans on the national board are more realistic. We looked atrocious in the first game and have looked better recently. I still think UK has a shot, but by no means is any kind of favorite. They will have more bumps. The SEC is good this year and this is not the 15’ squad. By the end of the year I think we’ll be peaking like usual. Doesn’t mean anything in the tournament, but we’ll have a shot.

I’ll own the extremes of the fan base. It’s kind of a badge of honor in a way. We have a lot of dumbasses, but they are very passionate dumbasses.

Gonzaga, without Tille, disagree's. And UT beat that Gonzaga team. I don't know how you can say this??? I know----the transitive property is a weak argument. But head to head is not. SO how you can say "Duke is the best team, by a decent margin, is beyond me.
It's an early season head to head matchup so it's not really that predictive. I'm projecting for the actual NCAAT at which point Duke should be a decent bit ahead of whoever you'd consider to be the next best teams like Michigan or Gonzaga or Tennessee simply due to the fact that they've shown their floor to already be the #1 team in the country plus Duke plays nearly all freshmen so they're bound to get even better.

KenPom already has Duke ranked 4 points ahead of #2 UVA in adjusted efficiency (#2 offense, #2 defense) which validates what I'm saying.

I think you should view this team similar to 2009 UNC, 2012 UK and 2015 UK which would mean they're a "decent bit ahead of the next group of challengers".

When Kentucky beats Kansas and Tennessee in the next two months, will you add them to your list?
Sure, but you think they"ll beat those 2 teams? I'd be pretty shocked to be honest as I expect UK to win 1 of those but not both.

I think duke is better than Michigan but you don’t think Michigan has an argument?
UM is a top 5 team for sure so they're definitely a national title contender and hence have an argument. I think you guys only lose 1-2 games in the Big 10 (@MSU) and earn a 1 seed.

It's an early season head to head matchup so it's not really that predictive. I'm projecting for the actual NCAAT at which point Duke should be a decent bit ahead of whoever you'd consider to be the next best teams like Michigan or Gonzaga or Tennessee simply due to the fact that they've shown their floor to already be the #1 team in the country plus Duke plays nearly all freshmen so they're bound to get even better.

KenPom already has Duke ranked 4 points ahead of #2 UVA in adjusted efficiency (#2 offense, #2 defense) which validates what I'm saying.

I think you should view this team similar to 2009 UNC, 2012 UK and 2015 UK which would mean they're a "decent bit ahead of the next group of challengers".

So an early season matchup on a neutral court isn't predictive but adjusted efficiency 1/3 into the season that still takes into account preseason projections is?

So an early season matchup on a neutral court isn't predictive but adjusted efficiency 1/3 into the season that still takes into account preseason projections is?

When does KenPom drop the preseason part? I thought it was right around this time of year, but maybe later in January?

How can Gozaga NOT get better? They are with Tille. I mean, you do know who he is, right?

Also, can only freshman get better? Not soph, junior, or even a senior? Is their not aspects of their game, that they too can improve on , as the season goes by? Duke will be a bad shooting night away from bowing out in the SW16...That, or foul trouble. Duke's very good. But not head and shoulders good.

-Best rebounding team in CBB
-top 15 team in shooting %
-above average 36% from beyond the arc with 4 players shooting over 38%
-excellent FT shooting team (what?!?!?! a Cal team in the top 50 in FT%?) that is top 15 at getting to the line
-improving defense that will be lock down by March with the best on ball and off ball defender in CBB
-Good depth
-High level NBA prospect that can take over in Keldon Johnson
-two players that can score down low at will

I was depressed when Duke killed us the first game of the year and thought they were world beaters. Too bad no team is winning a championship shooting 32% from beyond the arc. No team has ever done it in the 3pt era. The worst shooting team to win a title was UConn in 2011 at 33%

It really comes down to UK, Michigan and Kansas. Tennessee is Tennessee and plus they don't have high level talent or an elite defense. We all know Kansas isn't winning a title, so it comes down to UK and Michigan. Beilein will choke again.

Kentucky Wildcats, your 2019 NCAA champions.
Lol...

Kentucky will beat Auburn or Tennessee and OP will be back talking about a national championship. Then they will lose to South Carolina or Mississippi State and he will lose his brain again.

Love when these threads get bumped again after every loss. Laughing
There's a couple of fanbases here that accept this reality. If we lose, then..here we go.

There's some fanbases here that never experience the receiving end. they're only on the giving behind other teams.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
That's odd, since before this year UK had beaten their opponent following Louisville at least 18 straight times, probably longer. (I didn't look back past 2002-03).
You guys looked like a top 3 team against us, then today happens.

ADVERTISEMENT