ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky will win the Natty

crazyqx83

May 2, 2004
-Best rebounding team in CBB
-top 15 team in shooting %
-above average 36% from beyond the arc with 4 players shooting over 38%
-excellent FT shooting team (what?!?!?! a Cal team in the top 50 in FT%?) that is top 15 at getting to the line
-improving defense that will be lock down by March with the best on ball and off ball defender in CBB
-Good depth
-High level NBA prospect that can take over in Keldon Johnson
-two players that can score down low at will

I was depressed when Duke killed us the first game of the year and thought they were world beaters. Too bad no team is winning a championship shooting 32% from beyond the arc. No team has ever done it in the 3pt era. The worst shooting team to win a title was UConn in 2011 at 33%

It really comes down to UK, Michigan and Kansas. Tennessee is Tennessee and plus they don't have high level talent or an elite defense. We all know Kansas isn't winning a title, so it comes down to UK and Michigan. Beilein will choke again.

Kentucky Wildcats, your 2019 NCAA champions.

Right back into form. I love it.

I’ll admit they’re starting to play more like we expected before the season. But I kind of want to see some more. Michigan, Duke, Kansas and a few others still look like better teams to me.

I can’t see us winning a title getting so little from Richards and Montgomery either. We’ll need more from those guys and Immanuel Quickley to win the 4 or 5 in a row against ranked teams that the title winner usually has to win.

A top 10 neutral win and top 40 Road win back to back both in rather convincing fashion is certainly worth putting uk back in the conversation though

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Got a good look at your posting ability Saturday against Louisville. You're not too stable. I would hate to see how you are if Kentucky is losing. You probably had to call Best Buy and replace your computer twice this season.

I will agree though that Cal has his boys improving. I would not be surprised to see them get to final four.

60981-Third-Party-Facepalm-meme-extr-McI2-676x541.jpeg

No team has ever lost by 30 points in the regular season and gone on to win the NCAA Tournament.
That’s not true. UCONN lost to Louisville 81-48 in the last regular season game of the year in 2014.

That was a down year though. Or maybe it was an up year once the Final Four happened. Can’t remember.

-excellent FT shooting team (what?!?!?! a Cal team in the top 50 in FT%?) that is top 15 at getting to the line
-improving defense that will be lock down by March with the best on ball and off ball defender in CBB
-Good depth

I was depressed when Duke killed us the first game of the year and thought they were world beaters. Too bad no team is winning a championship shooting 32% from beyond the arc. No team has ever done it in the 3pt era. The worst shooting team to win a title was UConn in 2011 at 33%

It really comes down to UK, Michigan and Kansas. Tennessee is Tennessee and plus they don't have high level talent or an elite defense. We all know Kansas isn't winning a title, so it comes down to UK and Michigan. Beilein will choke again.

I can't think of a better sentiment. Color me skeptical, but I definitely appreciate the strong support of the cats. It takes balls to make predictions like this, so I will be the first to say "I hope you're right!".

That’s not true. UCONN lost to Louisville 81-48 in the last regular season game of the year in 2014.

That was a down year though. Or maybe it was an up year once the Final Four happened. Can’t remember.

You’re right! I thought that was in the conference tournament. It was the last game of the regular season.

But it’s still rare, lol

So you're telling me that the champion in 2014 lost by 33 in the LAST regular season game in late February scoring only 48 in the process but a team can't recover from losing by 30 in the FIRST GAME OF THE REGULAR SEASON while scoring 84?

So you're telling me that the champion in 2014 lost by 33 in the LAST regular season game in late February scoring only 48 in the process but a team can't recover from losing by 30 in the FIRST GAME OF THE REGULAR SEASON while scoring 84?
Kansas beat Kentucky at AFH 3 years ago with no help from the refs.

I'd put Tennessee in instead of Nevada, but I think this is pretty accurate as far as best chances to win the title.

I really like UT. Wouldn't be upset adding them. But their ceiling isn't as high as the other teams imo.

Kevin Ollie > John Calipari

I like the way UK looks right now compared to earlier in the year. I think they are still pretty clearly behind Tennessee in the SEC. That team is legit and has everything an elite team needs (and hasn't had one of their best shooters even play yet this year). Still, UK seems to clearly be the best team after them, which wasn't the case earlier.

Reactions: della and Dward13
Anybody have that friend that just ate "the best steak they've ever had".....anytime they go anywhere nicer than applebees?
There are restaurants nicer than applebees?

-Good depth

Where are we getting the stats on UK being the best rebounding team in college basketball? also they don't have the best on ball defender in the country, I don't know who is the best but they've already played against a team with a better on ball defender this season and it was a slaughter.

I can't wait for Kentucky's next loss so OP will lose his mind and talk about how awful this team is. I mean seriously, UK wins 2 games and they go from not being a tournament team to winning it all. amazing.

It is a compliment. Seriously though, I think this UK team is going to be really good when March rolls around. Like with the other teams who have roster turn arounds so large from year to year, becoming a good team takes time. You do not pay the national championship game in November if you are a program like Kentucky.

It is a compliment. Seriously though, I think this UK team is going to be really good when March rolls around. Like with the other teams who have roster turn arounds so large from year to year, becoming a good team takes time. You do not pay the national championship game in November if you are a program like Kentucky.
I certainly like the way they are trending, especially on defense. Losing Green has definitely been addition by subtraction, too.

I certainly like the way they are trending, especially on defense. Losing Green has definitely been addition by subtraction, too.

I like their trend also. With Cal's teams, that's what you have to view to understand their progress. The overall body of work really doesn't mean much. They need to keep trending upwards (obviously) but 2 guys not getting much minutes need to fight in practice and earn that time for us to get back in the big picture. Nick and EJ. Its tough for them because how can you take time away from PJ, Reid and Keldon?

With some the athletic big guys we'll be facing. starting with Alabama and Donte Hall, Reid will have defensive problems guarding them. We need Nick for those types.

ADVERTISEMENT