ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky will win the Natty

Do you not know who OP is lol?

One final four in 30 years. 20 years +at a p5 school. His track record is lacking for being at good schools for that long imo.

i don't. i've not gotten on this forum enough as of late to know. i assume OP is on the sauce.

Do you not know who OP is lol?

One final four in 30 years. 20 years +at a p5 school. His track record is lacking for being at good schools for that long imo.
Since when is Texas and UT been "good schools"? Sure they have competitive programs. But Texas has been to three Final Fours; 1943, 1947 and 2003. They had been in 7 regional finals----Three of those came under Barnes. Three of the other four came in 39, 43 and 47. Barnes is also responsible for half of their SW 16 appearances(5/10). He took UT to 11 NCAAT. Its not like he was a traditional, basketball power. He was at Texas. And really, took them to heights they really had not seen.

UT....No Final FOurs. One Elite 8. I mean, that ain't a place you'd expect basketball glory.

I agree TX and UT are good, basketball schools. Just not the type of schools that I think meet the type of criteria being placed.

knockoutgame is an oxymoron in that it's not a game at all.
uPlIoSm.gif

I have a feeling this thread is gonna be one for the ages....Especially IF Uk goes to Alabama, and gets beat. Or gets steamrolled at UT and Auburn.

Gonna be fun..... And personally I'd probably waited a few weeks. Games coming up(@ Bama, @ Auburn, vs Miss St, and KU), could really, really make this thread entertaining.

Original poster did not say UK was going undefeated from this point forward. Now when we do or don’t win the title I can see this thread brought back up.

So....Kentucky's titles in the 40s/50s make Calipari more likely to win the title in 2019 than Bill Self?

BTW, I think UT is the best team. Followed by Michigan.
This is a bad take Borden. I agree that UT and UM are 6 of the national title contenders right now along with Duke, Gonzaga, UVA and KU but you literally can't argue that Duke isn't the best team by a decent margin.

Could some of those schools pull the upset in March and win it all? Sure, but this thing is Duke's to lose this year unlike in years past where no team clearly separated itself in the regular season.

This is a bad take Borden. I agree that UT and UM are 6 of the national title contenders right now along with Duke, Gonzaga, UVA and KU but you literally can't argue that Duke isn't the best team by a decent margin.

Could some of those schools pull the upset in March and win it all? Sure, but this thing is Duke's to lose this year unlike in years past where no team clearly separated itself in the regular season.
When Kentucky beats Kansas and Tennessee in the next two months, will you add them to your list?

-Best rebounding team in CBB
-top 15 team in shooting %
-above average 36% from beyond the arc with 4 players shooting over 38%
-excellent FT shooting team (what?!?!?! a Cal team in the top 50 in FT%?) that is top 15 at getting to the line
-improving defense that will be lock down by March with the best on ball and off ball defender in CBB
-Good depth
-High level NBA prospect that can take over in Keldon Johnson
-two players that can score down low at will

I was depressed when Duke killed us the first game of the year and thought they were world beaters. Too bad no team is winning a championship shooting 32% from beyond the arc. No team has ever done it in the 3pt era. The worst shooting team to win a title was UConn in 2011 at 33%

It really comes down to UK, Michigan and Kansas. Tennessee is Tennessee and plus they don't have high level talent or an elite defense. We all know Kansas isn't winning a title, so it comes down to UK and Michigan. Beilein will choke again.

Kentucky Wildcats, your 2019 NCAA champions.
More chance than you have winning fan of the year.

I think duke is better than Michigan but you don’t think Michigan has an argument?

Gonzaga, without Tille, disagree's. And UT beat that Gonzaga team. I don't know how you can say this??? I know----the transitive property is a weak argument. But head to head is not. SO how you can say "Duke is the best team, by a decent margin, is beyond me.

Reactions: jhmossy and Mac9192
Original poster did not say UK was going undefeated from this point forward. Now when we do or don’t win the title I can see this thread brought back up.
Ok. That wasn't the point. Two weeks ago, some of BBN was ready to run half the team, AND Cal, right out of Lexington. UK then beats UNC and UL, and suddenly becomes natty title winners. Not contenders.....Winners. So..............when UK loses again..or has a skid.....This thread will certainly resurface. It will do so, because some of BBN will again be ready to run Cal out of town.

That is why is said what I did......And when UK loses....It will happen. Especially if you go to Bama, and lose.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Gonzaga, without Tille, disagree's. And UT beat that Gonzaga team. I don't know how you can say this??? I know----the transitive property is a weak argument. But head to head is not. SO how you can say "Duke is the best team, by a decent margin, is beyond me.
Kansas beat Tennessee. Arizona State beat Kansas. Princeton beat Arizona State. Duke beat Princeton.

PROOF that Duke is indeed the best team in the nation this year.

Good post. Duke may be the most talented, and most of our fans feel if we are on, we may be the toughest out. The two teams that most concern me the most are Gonzaga and Kansas. I think the Zags will be much better once Tillie gets back and in form. Kansas for their bigs. They still play more of a conventional college style, with rim protection and good low post players. Foul trouble would be what scares me against either because Bolden is still a mystery.

Not to mention Self has done pretty well against Duke lately. That hurt to admit.

Ok. That wasn't the point. Two weeks ago, some of BBN was ready to run half the team, AND Cal, right out of Lexington. UK then beats UNC and UL, and suddenly becomes natty title winners. Not contenders.....Winners. So..............when UK loses again..or has a skid.....This thread will certainly resurface. It will do so, because some of BBN will again be ready to run Cal out of town.

That is why is said what I did......And when UK loses....It will happen. Especially if you go to Bama, and lose.

...Bama blows this year. UK isn't losing there.

Good post. Duke may be the most talented, and most of our fans feel if we are on, we may be the toughest out. The two teams that most concern me the most are Gonzaga and Kansas. I think the Zags will be much better once Tillie gets back and in form. Kansas for their bigs. They still play more of a conventional college style, with rim protection and good low post players. Foul trouble would be what scares me against either because Bolden is still a mystery.

Not to mention Self has done pretty well against Duke lately. That hurt to admit.
Oh I agree. When Duke is on, I'm not sure anyone can beat them. Hell, even "not on", you guys are gonna be tough as shit. Very, very good. Just thought it was a bit overboard to call Duke the best team, and by a decent margin.

ADVERTISEMENT