ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs. Duke in November. Who wins and why?

You Duke fans are handling this win with much more class than I would if roles were reversed. Thanks for that.

There’s a time in my life I would have acted like a complete jackass after that win and made a troll thread every day for a month.

These days I’m just happy I’m fortunate enough to jump on a bird and catch one/two games a year at Cameron.

I try not to take these games as serious as I used to as I now realize now matter what I do I have zero impact on the games outcome. It in grand scheme of things it’s only one game and it was a FF or National Championship

I try not to take these games as serious as I used to as I now realize now matter what I do I have zero impact on the games outcome. It in grand scheme of things it’s only one game and it was a FF or National Championship

I used to have a good luck hat. It's the only piece of UK clothing I have.

I've retired it due to old age and it just got worn out. I still have it but don't wear it anymore.

With that said, I'm still superstitious enough to not buy or wear any good luck charm that's not bought in Kentucky.

Reactions: denniden
There’s a time in my life I would have acted like a complete jackass after that win and made a troll thread every day for a month.

These days I’m just happy I’m fortunate enough to jump on a bird and catch one/two games a year at Cameron.

Well said.

I will be getting to Cameron a few times this winter as well. I will also be going back to the Dean Dome for a few games too. When I switched careers last fall, one of the considerations was that I wanted to get to Durham/Chapel Hill for a few weeks during the winter. (I have winters off now thanks to being in the golf industry in New England) I am now a fan of winter.

Getting older will change the way you handle certain sporting events. I have lost sleep more times than I care to admit over "games."

You Duke fans are handling this win with much more class than I would if roles were reversed. Thanks for that.

I think it comes with getting older. The farther away I get from the players' age, bragging rights, chest thumping, etc seems ridiculous. That's why you'll rarely see me engage in threads/reply to anyone trying to bait or rub something in UK fans' face. It's a younger man's game. . . only for the fact that there's too much stuff in real life to occupy my concern than something I played no part in whatsoever.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I used to have a good luck hat. It's the only piece of UK clothing I have.

I've retired it due to old age and it just got worn out. I still have it but don't wear it anymore.

With that said, I'm still superstitious enough to not buy or wear any good luck charm that's not bought in Kentucky.
Even if it's made elsewhere?

thequint%2F2016-08%2F52b77a2f-128f-4570-9fd4-f3470bf84fd9%2F2696481661_93287c3665_o.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT