ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs. Duke in November. Who wins and why?

UK doesn’t have a lot of 6’5 fat guys lol. None, actually. The dude is talented, he’s hyper athletic, but he is fat. I’m not sure why that’s so hard to accept.
Your mom's fat.

This will undoubtedly be the best rebounding and defensive front court that Duke has had since 2010. Everyone is a plus defender and has good rebounding instincts.

Their issues will be staying out of foul trouble, doing anything on offense and making foul shots but the days of Duke giving up layup lines are over.

This is the most unique OAD Duke team that UK fans have seen. We"ll likely suck at outside shooting and defending the perimeter which are usually Duke strengths.

RJ Barrett aka KING OF THE NORTH
He's the leading scorer on a Canadian team that has current NBA players and graduated college players like Dwight Powell, Dillon Brooks, Andrew Nicholson, Anthony Bennett and Melvin Ejim.

8468091.jpg

I don't think Duke has anybody inside that can handle Reid. He's proven he can play against taller big men and play very well. He averaged in 2 games against Ayton 21.5 pts 10 rebounds. He's a bull inside and has the ability to get his shot off against anyone. Washington is strong, tough, tenacious and has a wingspan that allows him to play taller. Throw in Montgomery and Richards and you have one formidable front court. Our back court's not too shabby either. This is probably Cal's best 3 pt shooting team. 4 guys capable of draining it and 2 really good at the 3. Experienced and versatile team.

UK's roster is much better constructed. It's clear K just looked at the recruit list trying to sign anyone he could because they have no roster balance. For that reason and for the experience factor, I'll take UK by 10. Give me UK by 5 or 6 by March though.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
UK's roster is much better constructed. It's clear K just looked at the recruit list trying to sign anyone he could because they have no roster balance. For that reason and for the experience factor, I'll take UK by 10. Give me UK by 5 or 6 by March though.
So Duke has no roster balance and Kentucky has the experience factor early leading to Kentucky winning by 10. But later in the year, it will be a closer game....... because Duke will have a more balanced roster and will have caught up to Kentucky's experience by then?

Does anyone know the worst loss K ever received?

Pretty sure it was the 109-66 thumping by Virginia, led by Ralph Sampson... Dawkins, Alarie, Henderson, and Bilas all started on that team as freshmen.

Edit: I think below is worth noting:

John Feinstein reported in the Washington Post that "early the next morning, sitting in a Denny's at 3 a.m with some friends, Krzyzewski heard someone raise a glass of water and say, "Here's to forgetting about tonight."

Krzyzewski picked up his glass and said, "Here's to never [expletive] forgetting about tonight."

Last edited:
Virginia in the early 80's maybe? Losing by 30 to UNLV was pretty bad.
UNLV in 90, national title game too. Worse title game loss ever, I think. High school junior, tough day to have to go to school, especially living in NC. All the Tar Heel fans popping out of their lockers to laugh at me and Duke.

It's clearly Cal had to get a stack team since he's already 0-1 against Barrett.

Going to be a hard fought game, and either team can win this one. Being a Kentucky fan I have to go with my Cats, 88-85.

I haven't read the rest of this thread and I'm not going to but why are there no excuses? It's the first game of the year for both teams?

1 Cat Fan said we will win by 10. So Q thinks all Cat fans think this. Stereotyping..

I'm really curious about the chemistry on Duke's team. 1 ball as Q always says....

Pretty sure it was the 109-66 thumping by Virginia, led by Ralph Sampson... Dawkins, Alarie, Henderson, and Bilas all started on that team as freshmen.

Edit: I think below is worth noting:

John Feinstein reported in the Washington Post that "early the next morning, sitting in a Denny's at 3 a.m with some friends, Krzyzewski heard someone raise a glass of water and say, "Here's to forgetting about tonight."

Krzyzewski picked up his glass and said, "Here's to never [expletive] forgetting about tonight."

was it FSU a few years ago that beat Duke by around 30 points?
i think Duke won the rematch

Coming from a fan of the team that has been the biggest cheater in college basketball history.
It is very evident that you are a UNC fan and we all know UNC is now recognized as the biggest cheater ever in college basketball.

So Duke has no roster balance and Kentucky has the experience factor early leading to Kentucky winning by 10. But later in the year, it will be a closer game....... because Duke will have a more balanced roster and will have caught up to Kentucky's experience by then?
Being obtuse is always a good argument.

I don't think Duke has anybody inside that can handle Reid. He's proven he can play against taller big men and play very well. He averaged in 2 games against Ayton 21.5 pts 10 rebounds.
Ayton doesn't play defense. Bolden and DeLaurier do.

BasketballJunkie-UK said:
Our back court's not too shabby either. This is probably Cal's best 3 pt shooting team. 4 guys capable of draining it and 2 really good at the 3. Experienced and versatile team.
You're relying on Quickley, Hagans and Herro to be knock down shooters? RollLaugh

Kennard came in to Duke with the reputation of being a much better sharp shooter than any of those guys and he was mediocre his freshman year.

You need to temper your expectations.

UK has a bazillion guards, only one true wing and big men who all have the same skillset. How is that roster better constructed?

Tre Jones is a true PG.
Reddish and Barrett are versatile wings.
Zion is a true forward.
Bolden is a true Center.

This is the best constructed OAD Duke team I've ever seen.

Reactions: dukedevilz
RJ Barrett aka KING OF THE NORTH
He's the leading scorer on a Canadian team that has current NBA players and graduated college players like Dwight Powell, Dillon Brooks, Andrew Nicholson, Anthony Bennett and Melvin Ejim.

8468091.jpg
Really

This will undoubtedly be the best rebounding and defensive front court that Duke has had since 2010. Everyone is a plus defender and has good rebounding instincts.

Their issues will be staying out of foul trouble, doing anything on offense and making foul shots but the days of Duke giving up layup lines are over.

This is the most unique OAD Duke team that UK fans have seen. We"ll likely suck at outside shooting and defending the perimeter which are usually Duke strengths.

I gotta disagree. When Duke get's into foul trouble chances are K will go small. Bagley and Carter inside was a load offensively, they rebounded but playing defense was a chore for them. I don't see JDL being that great of a defensive presence and I say that because he has a habit of getting into foul trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT