ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs Kentucky (Let’s try this again)

Allen must not be showing up in practice, the only thing I can think of. Look at guys like Willis and Hawkins, they didn't contribute until they were upperclassmen. More concerning was that Askew played 35 minutes while doing absolutely nothing but getting worked over on defense. Mintz, the much better defender and better shooter with way more experience, played 9 minutes.
It’s bizarre.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Welcome back! I'd be happy to have Hollingworth and Williams on the roster from WKU.
Me too. McKnight (I think) is also playing well as a frosh at wku. Last KY mr. basketball I think. And of course bassey is a stud although not a true in state kid imo and they got Harmon coming.

They scare the hell out of me tuesday.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Me too. McKnight (I think) is also playing well as a frosh at wku. Last KY mr. basketball I think. And of course bassey is a stud although not a true in state kid imo and they got Harmon coming.

They scare the hell out of me tuesday.
Yep, they are solid. I would not want UK to play them right now, although that's not necessarily saying much. 😬

Let’s go!
....Down"

FloweryIgnorantHorseshoebat-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I actually prefer a team of unheralded players. Especially when half of them are local. Probably actually means something to put on the uniform.

The one McD AA is the least impressive player in the rotation right now.

Is it really too much to ask to dominate from the beginning to the end.

I'm a very fragile fan.

KU -3.5 is what I’m seeing.

Dunno if the line moved that much or if Borden has a friendlier bookie. Wish it was the -1

KU didn't play poorly against Gonzaga.

There were a lot of things done in that game you like from a Kansas perspective.

Kentucky's response is what is going to matter. How well do they respond from adversity

Like I said a month ago. You just don't know with the players. Never on the coach it is always on the players. Calipari usually brings in the right guys and usually they listen to him and the staff because they want to get to the NBA

Game I wouldn't bet on and is for sure a 50/50 game

If both teams play like they did in their defeat
KU wins by 15+

You don't know how Kentucky responds. They are better than that talent wise.

There's still a lot coaching to be done. Spacing was terrible, we got guys playing around with the ball instead of just going to straight to the basket. Lots of bad habits that have to be corrected. I love their energy, but offensive decision making, starting with the point guard and too much selfishness. Cal will whip them into shape.

Prediction time

UK wins 83-77. I just don’t trust the KU defense right now to slow anyone down and not get down by 6-10 points from a short dry spell. Also UK getting too much criticism for losing to Richmond at home. Richmond is a very experienced team and home games aren’t your normal home games with little to no fans. I just don’t trust this KU team yet.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Kansas is favored by 4.5. Seems about right to me.

Honestly nothing will surprise me tonight. None of us trust our teams yet. My guy says Kansas wins tonight but Cal has a way with these games. We could rattle off a 15 pt win in a 115-100 shootout and Mintz could drop 10 3s and I wouldnt bat an eye.

Lets just hope we get a good game boys.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Prediction time

UK wins 83-77. I just don’t trust the KU defense right now to slow anyone down and not get down by 6-10 points from a short dry spell. Also UK getting too much criticism for losing to Richmond at home. Richmond is a very experienced team and home games aren’t your normal home games with little to no fans. I just don’t trust this KU team yet.
I know you're a very analytical poster and always come correct with facts, but I think your fandom might be affecting your judgment here.
I think you might be being a little critical of KU because you are a fan.
But you just can't watch that UK v Richmond game and come away thinking UK could beat a legit ranked team right now. UK just has too much to fix in just 2 days to compete with a team that has played together longer and can score like KU can.
KU by 10.

Prediction time

Ohhh no you don’t . . .

giphy.gif

You’re not giving us the “woe is us” routine. If anybody is going to make reservations for getting prison raped, it’s UK. We’re young and have had not even had 48 hours to adjust from our last diddling. KU gets to be the sketchy uncle at our party tonight.

Reactions: Big_C_KU
Ohhh no you don’t . . .

giphy.gif

You’re not giving us the “woe is us” routine. If anybody is going to make reservations for getting prison raped, it’s UK. We’re young and have had not even had 48 hours to adjust from our last diddling. KU gets to be the sketchy uncle at our party tonight.
Uncle Creepy needs more love.

Prediction time

Kansas by 10. Self is a better regular season coach than washed fat Cal and Marcus Garrett holds Boston/Clarke in check. I don't know anyone else on your roster but someone will score 20 and that'll be it.

Kansas by 10. Self is a better regular season coach than washed fat Cal and Marcus Garrett holds Boston/Clarke in check. I don't know anyone else on your roster but someone will score 20 and that'll be it.
I think the bromance between Huggins and Cal have caused their cycles to sync up.

• Haha
I feel like I know nothing about other teams this year. But I will say if last years team was playing tonight, UK would get trounced. I have no idea what this Kansas team is capable of.

Hadn't thought about this, but I have my first prostate exam coming up. TS. I'm so hoping KU didn't leave anything.

Reactions: toonces11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT