ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs Kentucky (Let’s try this again)

I knew that the KU fans who thought it would be a seemless transition from dok to mccormack were wrong.

Still they are so long at every position you would figure they would be very good defensively. UK is super long too, I expect a rock fight.

And I wouldn’t take too much from the Gonzaga game bc I think they will hang 100 on a lot of teams if not most of the ones they play. So many scoring options. zags vs iowa would be fun in the tourney

I knew that the KU fans who thought it would be a seemless transition from dok to mccormack were wrong.

Did anyone actually say this?

Some fans expected McCormack to put up some points, and he probably will. I don't think anyone had high expectations for him as a rim protector.

Your best team of all-time is ranked behind a piecemeal team of leftovers that Bill scraped together while under the cloud of an investigation. Haha.

Some day, Iowa.

We laugh at Kansas. Name the last time you beat us

Again you prove that reading comprehension isn't your forte.
You have more titles in the timeframe between JFK to now? Because no one cares about your modern era crap. Which was the point he was making. So, you know....deal with it.

I really don’t like the fact we simply cannot defend a straight line drive right now. If this is a typical dribble drive you to death Uk team, it could be a long night.

You have more titles in the timeframe between JFK to now? Because no one cares about your modern era crap. Which was the point he was making. So, you know....deal with it.

No one cares about the modern era, but they do care about when JFK was in office?

Makes about as much sense as your other points, I guess.

No one cares about the modern era, but they do care about when JFK was in office?

Makes about as much sense as your other points, I guess.
Hey, I was just piggybacking on his point about the arbitrady stupidity of y'alls points. None of you have ever offered a single factual substantive rebuttal to any of us. Just dodge answering direct questions and points and then pat yourself on the back as if youve somehow actually said anything. Kind of like exactly what youve done right here. Also, Vegas has UK favored Tuesday night now too. More hilarious facts for you to hem and haw about! Have a good night sunshine.

Probably about 35 of their 60 points. Doubt we'll find out though. Iowa hasn't made it past the 2nd round in 20+ years.

The better question is how many points will Gonzaga hang on Iowa? O/U 150?

Not huge on Timme.

I think Garza can bang down low and get their bigs in trouble.
Should go in the game to intimidate Timme.

But ultimately that game will be based on guard play
What guards can do their thing.

Iowa/Gonzaga going to be like the late 1980s CBB again
A lot of these games are. Even Baylor scored 110 points last night against ULL.
ULL put up 85 on Baylor's D

Hey, I was just piggybacking on his point about the arbitrady stupidity of y'alls points. None of you have ever offered a single factual substantive rebuttal to any of us. Just dodge answering direct questions and points and then pat yourself on the back as if youve somehow actually said anything. Kind of like exactly what youve done right here. Also, Vegas has UK favored Tuesday night now too. More hilarious facts for you to hem and haw about! Have a good night sunshine.

Not exactly sure what I've dodged. You can't even follow a simple point, much less offer any decent rebuttals.

Congrats on the 1 point Vegas line. Being that you're #1 all-time, you should probably bet the house. Easy money.

Not exactly sure what I've dodged. You can't even follow a simple point, much less offer any decent rebuttals.

Congrats on the 1 point Vegas line. Being that you're #1 all-time, you should probably bet the house. Easy money.
Dip dodge duck and dive!

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Did anyone actually say this?

Some fans expected McCormack to put up some points, and he probably will. I don't think anyone had high expectations for him as a rim protector.

Yea I don’t remember the name. Wasn’t me baracus or you but another poster. He didn’t say that exactly but I pointed out how big of a loss dok would be and the response was that McCormack had improved enough where it wouldn’t be much of a drop off, which I was skeptical at the time but obv have no clue bc freshmen to soph season is usually the biggest leap most kids make.

I don’t even remember the thread,and is wasn’t like a memorable exchange , we didn’t even go back and forth or argue.

So in hindsight maybe one ku fan thought that.

I was just always so impressed with dok. Sooooooo big and powerful. With the way the nba is going away from his type of player he really should think about trying to become an offensive tackle. Could u even imagine. That wingspan, those quick feet. He obv has major injury concerns while at KU playing basketball so idk how that would translate too football, not too well I would guess.

Yea I don’t remember the name. Wasn’t me baracus or you but another poster. He didn’t say that exactly but I pointed out how big of a loss dok would be and the response was that McCormack had improved enough where it wouldn’t be much of a drop off, which I was skeptical at the time but obv have no clue bc freshmen to soph season is usually the biggest leap most kids make.

I don’t even remember the thread,and is wasn’t like a memorable exchange , we didn’t even go back and forth or argue.

Self has been hyping McCormack a lot and predicting a big year for him. Haven't seen the improvement so far.

I don't even care if he scores. Although right now it's looking like that's about all he'll do.

Yea I remember last year I was underwhelmed and kept thinking of the KU fans/fan who was hyping de Sousa before the season and how he would have been the difference the year before, after does injury and he was ineligible, in KU making a FF and losing to auburn and I was thinking well de Sousa can’t be that great if he isn’t playing over McCormack. Granted most big men don’t look very good playing with or against dok. He stands out. Not that McCormack is or was just completely garbage but he hasn’t overly impressed me, but I don’t watch all KU games by any means

Who did draft dok? Denver I’m assuming?

Yea I remember last year I was underwhelmed and kept thinking of the KU fans/fan who was hyping de Sousa before the season and how he would have been the difference the year before, after does injury and he was ineligible, in KU making a FF and losing to auburn and I was thinking well de Sousa can’t be that great if he isn’t playing over McCormack. Granted most big men don’t look very good playing with or against dok. He stands out. Not that McCormack is or was just completely garbage but he hasn’t overly impressed me, but I don’t watch all KU games by any means

Who did draft dok? Denver I’m assuming?

De Sousa's a very unusual case. He came in late in the season in '18 and improved rapidly and played a pretty big role in the Big 12 tourney and final four run. He was a monster on the boards in some of those games. I think everyone expected a breakout season after he sat out a year, but he regressed into almost a non-factor. His off-court issues probably had something to do with it.

Last edited:
Interested to see if we see improvement from Kansas on defense. We have some very good one on one defenders but it will take us awhile to learn to play team defense. Self prides himself on defense. This team will figure that out. Not worried. Just curious to see if we see a quick improvement against a UK team that appears to be limited in its shooting ability.

We appear to be ahead of where I thought we would be offensively. Interested to see how we handle UK. On the surface I like this matchup for KU with what I think is a quicker team and a better shooting team. As long as we take care of the ball I would think this match-up favors us. We have length at guard but obviously will give up some size on the interior. Will be interesting to see if UK can exploit that.

KU Gonzaga was much closer than the score indicated. Credit Gonzaga but they probably had 20-30 easy points that won’t be so easy 2 months from now. Sure they could have worked more in those possessions and eventually scored but you won’t see a good KU team give up easy points like they did against Gonzaga later on in the season. This Ku team will be good.

UK -1 vs Kansas...

Those Vegas dudes are fukin genius, man....

I wonder how many of you will swing and miss on this?

UK -1 vs Kansas...

Interesting. I would put money on Kansas. I’ve been wrong before. Plenty of times.
Not that I care what ESPN thinks but there matchup has Kansas winning at 66.9%.

early season game. Both teams have flaws. I’m expecting a good game with Ku winning by 6-10 points but a close game all game. Just my opinion.

UK -1 vs Kansas...

Where are you finding the odds? I normally don't find anything for games that are more than a day away.

ADVERTISEMENT