ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas - Kansas State Fight

Coming from you that’s rich. Perhaps accept one of your players made a mistake. Oh the horror.

What did I say that’s hypocritical? I’m not the preachy type about this sort of thing. I’ve seen a lot worse than this. Involving people that I’d consider to be pretty good people.

Both sides made stupid decisions and suspensions should be dealt. No need to say much more about it. If he’d swung that chair, I’d say he should be gone.

It really depends on the national reaction. Right now ESPN is running with it, so not looking great.

Yeah they are and at the same time, we should expect the national media to run wild with how the whole brawl went down. There's no getting away from it no matter what is said or done. No, it's not looking so great (and I completely get that) and I'm not sure what our fan base really expects outside of KU. The media bombardment is coming and it's going to be ugly. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

What did I say that’s hypocritical? I’m not the preachy type about this sort of thing. I’ve seen a lot worse than this. Involving people that I’d consider to be pretty good people.

Both sides made stupid decisions and suspensions should be dealt. No need to say much more about it. If he’d swung that chair, I’d say he should be gone.

on a college basketball court? Only reason he didn’t swing it is because the assistant grabbed it. Some of you are idiots.

I was perfectly fine with the block shot by Silvio. It's everything that followed it.

I'm actually more than cool with a bit of a stare down as well, just not standing over him like that.

Also, on the chair issue it looks like someone sort of grabbed it so he didn't do anything. Regardless, the blame certainly is not all on him. There were plenty of KSU players looking to brawl there.

ok so you’re not necessarily white trash but have a low IQ at the very least. Makes sense.
Nah, not low IQ.

It’s an unwritten rule that you dribble the ball out to end the game. The players stand down and the clock runs out. Coaches advise their players to let time run out, because nothing good comes from a last second steal/dunk. Generally it just leads to fights. Hell, when the KU guy did it at ISU a decade ago the fans threw stuff at him and one ISU alum went after the player. It’s looked down upon everywhere.

This is the 3rd time a KSU player has tried this against KU in recent years. Bruce could have nipped it in the bud a long time ago, but he hasn’t. Because he knows his fan base. He would get criticized heavily if he publicly berated or punished a player for doing anything negative against KU. This is the fan base and school after all that did a marching band set where the Jayhawk sucked a massive dick....in a game where they weren’t even playing KU.

So yeah, there’s history there. Stealing the ball in that situation was classless in any context, but even more heated due to the history there. So yeah, the taunting was a bs move, but no more than the KSU player in that situation.

Should have ended there. Two jackass moves to end a game. Not even noteworthy to most.

Shit broke loose after the KSU players left the bench and went after De Sousa for the taunt. They were the ones that got physical and took it over the line. After that it was a melee of players on both sides going nuts.

on a college basketball court? Only reason he didn’t swing it is because the assistant grabbed it. Some of you are idiots.

Hadn’t seen many different angles. I guess on the closeup it appears an assistant pulled it down.

Fine...suspend him for the year. Lightfoot/Wilson, come on down.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Got ya, I haven’t seen Kansas play any this year. Didn’t realize he was so far down the rotation.
Yeah...he travels every time he gets the ball and he can’t stop fouling.

And he’s visibly frustrated.

Self has never been good at letting players play through mistakes if he doesn’t need them. With McCormick and Dok, KU has two big guys who more than get the job done. So Silvio really only sees the court when there’s foul trouble or when we’re up big.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
How long do we think McCormack gets suspended for? I really hope they don’t take him out for the rest of the season (being selfish here) but he clearly was stomping on the KSU guy.

I think we can all agree that De Sousa is probably gone for good, right?

Better get used to it. Not much longer until Kansas is the PREMIERE basketball name of the Big 10 conference.

KU will fit right in, that conference doesn't win NCAAB championships either.

giphy.gif

De Sousa should've acted like he tripped and landed on the player. Then he could've snuck an elbow in like Big Cuz. That's a lot more subtle than a 7 footer holding a stool over his head.

I'm actually more than cool with a bit of a stare down as well, just not standing over him like that.

Also, on the chair issue it looks like someone sort of grabbed it so he didn't do anything. Regardless, the blame certainly is not all on him. There were plenty of KSU players looking to brawl there.

Agreed with the stare down. Onto the KSU side, the dude in street clothes who came flying in throwing blows....you knew right then it was going to be a lengthy-ish brawl and it was. In the end, it's a bad look. With the NCAA having KU under the microscope to begin with, the blow back is going to be big. As for DeSousa, it's not all on him.

Agreed with the stare down. Onto the KSU side, the dude in street clothes who came flying in throwing blows....you knew right then it was going to be a lengthy-ish brawl and it was. In the end, it's a bad look. With the NCAA having KU under the microscope to begin with, the blow back is going to be big. As for DeSousa, it's not all on him.

Was that the guy in the white jeans or something like that? Is he the one who went tumbling and then stomped on, lol.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Nah, not low IQ.

It’s an unwritten rule that you dribble the ball out to end the game. The players stand down and the clock runs out. Coaches advise their players to let time run out, because nothing good comes from a last second steal/dunk. Generally it just leads to fights. Hell, when the KU guy did it at ISU a decade ago the fans threw stuff at him and one ISU alum went after the player. It’s looked down upon everywhere.

This is the 3rd time a KSU player has tried this against KU in recent years. Bruce could have nipped it in the bud a long time ago, but he hasn’t. Because he knows his fan base. He would get criticized heavily if he publicly berated or punished a player for doing anything negative against KU. This is the fan base and school after all that did a marching band set where the Jayhawk sucked a massive dick....in a game where they weren’t even playing KU.

So yeah, there’s history there. Stealing the ball in that situation was classless in any context, but even more heated due to the history there. So yeah, the taunting was a bs move, but no more than the KSU player in that situation.

Should have ended there. Two jackass moves to end a game. Not even noteworthy to most.

Shit broke loose after the KSU players left the bench and went after De Sousa for the taunt. They were the ones that got physical and took it over the line. After that it was a melee of players on both sides going nuts.
This is the most biased, absurd take on this situation. As long as the clock is ticking, KSU can play basketball using whatever guidelines it pleases. Athletes are wired to keep playing until the clock strikes zero.

De Sousa couldn't control his temper and he will never set fit on a college basketball floor again.

Agbaji and McCormack should be suspended for the whole year too.

This is the most biased, absurd take on this situation. As long as the clock is ticking, KSU can play basketball using whatever guidelines it pleases. Athletes are wired to keep playing until the clock strikes zero.

De Sousa couldn't control his temper and he will never set fit on a college basketball floor again.

Nah, maybe if they do it two more times or something they should get some sort of one day suspension or something. Honestly, you should just trust their coach to handle it since he knows the players best.

I don't think Pollard is necessarily wrong here either. Will it galvanize this team from this point on? I don't know. Will it create a bigger problem going forward? I don't know. What I do know is until we find out how many suspensions there are and how long said suspensions will be, galvanizing doesn't feel like sure bet. I'm not sure what the hell to expect in the short term let alone later on this season.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

What world are you living in? It’s an unwritten rule that you don’t do this. I know this because KU players DID THIS and were trashed excessively for it. They were suspended and ripped by both Self and the media. When a KU player did it at ISU, the fans literally went after him.

But now it’s just ho hum normal? Bullshit. Get the f out of here with that bullshit take.

And the KSTATE players were the ones who started the pushing and swinging. But you can only find KU players to suspend? Yeah, you’re not biased.

Why, so Duke can be in a “tier of their own” again on Kenpom?Laughing

I’m pretty sure that Agbaji did absolutely nothing. The only punch I saw thrown was by De Sousa. Suspending anyone else for the year is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't think Pollard is necessarily wrong here either. Will it galvanize this team from this point on? I don't know. Will it create a bigger problem going forward? I don't know. What I do know is until we find out how many suspensions there are and how long said suspensions will be, galvanizing doesn't feel like sure bet. I'm not sure what the hell to expect in the short term let alone later on this season.

Comparing this to “Malice in the Palace” is more than absurd. That was players beating the shit out of fans. Jermaine O’Neal literally walked up to a random little guy who wasn’t even looking and laid him out. Absolute insanity.

Comparing this in any way is laughable.

Cheers brother! Thanks for being a good sport!!
I’ve been listening to my friends make wheelchair/disabled jokes for about 16-17 years, so I’m used to them and I can appreciate a good wheelchair/disabled joke if it’s meant to be funny and not offensive and I thought both of those were meant in a funny way.

Good point- so I have to ask- do you think Self is thinking the same thing? Sacrifice Silvio's season to show KU is doing the right thing, and making the team better replacing him with Lightfoot or Wilson?

It’s possible. He’s been talking about lifting the redshirt from Wilson soon anyway. If I had to guess, I’d say that he leaves Lightfoot on the bench as a favor to him (he’d likely have a larger role next year and a full senior season—then again, he could potentially contribute to a title run this year).

Turinturumbar is a good dude. I'll leave it at that and don't want to argue with you, other then to say I think you misrepresent De Souza "putting the chair down". Video evidence I have seen would indicate to me it was removed from his hands from behind.

The real question is... are KSU and KU gonna have to forfeit their games in the SEC challenge due to.... no players?

Lol. Silly nonsense on both sides... KU's biggest problem is the image problem they have created of their own doing. This is just something else for the media to pile on them about. The perception of KU basketball being classless, out of control, with complete disregard of the rules was already there. Again.. all of KU's own doing. German shoe money lining pockets. Snoop Dogg and strippers. Lol. It's like KU doesn't even care what people think of them anymore. So yeah. KU is gonna pay a bigger price cause they thumb their nose at the NCAA and after the accusations come out, they dig in further with the Adidas/Bill promos, etc.

I'm also assuming KU will be slapped with a huge fine by the league similar to when KSU was fined by the Big XII with the court storming that occurred a couple of years ago in Manhattan because somebody bumped a KU player.

Last edited:
DeSousa blocked shot....the walked over to KSU kid who was on the ground, bent over and starting taunting. Stupid as ****. Gonna be a whole lot of suspensions---And some lengthy ones at that.

The NCAA will definitely reprimand these players. There was NO need for the taunting. I hope these screws up both teams' seasons.

It’s an unwritten rule that you don’t do this.

But it still happens a lot, as well as people dunking while up at the end of the game. I don't see other programs fist fighting in the crowd over it.

KU embarrassed them on the court. De Sousa embarrassed the dude that stole the ball by tossing his shit into the crowd. Why stand over the guy like you're going to beat his ass close to the KSU bench? Someone stealing a ball during a game isn't a hostile act. Walking up to someone and standing over them with your fists clinched, running your mouth is. Dude should've blocked the shot, gave him a little "don't do that" staredown and soaked in the win. Instead his action led to KSU players going out to protect their teammate. Their decision to start shoving led to a KU punch. Both sides are responsible. The Frosh playing basketball until the buzzer sounds isn't.

Coach Fran confirms that De Souza was disarmed by a KU coach.. He did not "put the chair down".

ADVERTISEMENT