ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas - Kansas State Fight

Comparing this to “Malice in the Palace” is more than absurd. That was players beating the shit out of fans. Jermaine O’Neal literally walked up to a random little guy who wasn’t even looking and laid him out. Absolute insanity.

Comparing this in any way is laughable.

Did I mention "Malice in the Palace"? Don't believe I did. Is it a direct comparison to "Malice in the Palace"? Again, no. Go look at Pollard's first tweet. He's not referring the Malice in the Palace. He's basically saying tonight's brawl was pretty damn bad. As for his second tweet, not a single one of us can guess what will happen next regarding punishments and/or suspensions.

Did I mention "Malice in the Palace"? Don't believe I did. Is it a direct comparison to "Malice in the Palace"? Again, no. Go look at Pollard's first tweet. He's not referring the Malice in the Palace. He's basically saying tonight's brawl was pretty damn bad. As for his second tweet, not a single one of us can guess what will happen next regarding punishments and/or suspensions.

I didn’t say you did. Pollard did though.

ac23c329-3e9a-48ac-bfb4-e38f91170104_text.gif
Lol at that white boi from Kansas sitting there like PLEASE STAHP GUIZ

Reactions: kyjeff1
Turinturumbar is a good dude. I'll leave it at that and don't want to argue with you, other then to say I think you misrepresent De Souza "putting the chair down". Video evidence I have seen would indicate to me it was removed from his hands from behind.

The real question is... are KSU and KU gonna have to forfeit their games in the SEC challenge due to.... no players?

Lol. Silly nonsense on both sides... KU's biggest problem is the image problem they have created of their own doing. This is just something else for the media to pile on them about. The perception of KU basketball being classless, out of control, with complete disregard of the rules was already there. Again.. all of KU's own doing. German shoe money lining pockets. Snoop Dogg and strippers. Lol. It's like KU doesn't even care what people think of them anymore. So yeah. KU is gonna pay a bigger price cause they thumb their nose at the NCAA and after the accusations come out, they dig in further with the Adidas/Bill promos, etc.

I'm also assuming KU will be slapped with a huge fine by the league similar to when KSU was fined by the Big XII with the court storming that occurred a couple of years ago in Manhattan because somebody bumped a KU player.
I’m not sure your extreme bias doesn’t shine thru in your description of Kansas.

Where did I say he did no wrong?

What is bullshit is trying to put it all on him when he wasn’t even the one who started it.

And why is the chair such a big deal? He put the damn think back down after he thought better of it.

But hey, let’s continue to give a free pass to the KSTATE players who cleared the bench and started the pushing and punching.

He DID start it though. Stealing the basketball is fine. Blocking the shot is fine. Standing over a dude and talking $hit is not fine, especially against a rival. He's fake tough.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
He DID start it though. Stealing the basketball is fine. Blocking the shot is fine. Standing over a dude and talking $hit is not fine, especially against a rival. He's fake tough.

No, see....that’s not starting a physical altercation. Which is what this is all about.

If I called your mom a whore and you threw a punch, you started the fight. It ain’t hard.

Reactions: KisteK and speedfrk
There’s probably something that Iowa is good for (Yeah, being better than Kansas......that seemed obvious). I just can’t think of it right now. (Keep waiting....it'll come to you.)

OH, that’s right. Collision, Hinrich and Lafrentz.
Yes, you're welcome for supplying you with players that helped you win conference titles because your state couldn't produce them yourselves. :)

Oh right, notice how I only said conference titles...............maybe you're not so grateful after all. SmokinSmile

Yes, you're welcome for supplying you with players that helped you win conference titles because your state couldn't produce them yourselves. :)

Oh right, notice how I only said conference titles...............maybe you're not so grateful after all. SmokinSmile

Well, they also went to two final fours. Two more than Iowa’s reached in my lifetime. Laughing

No, see....that’s not starting a physical altercation. Which is what this is all about.

If I called your mom a whore and you threw a punch, you started the fight. It ain’t hard.

Dude, you're just being obtuse. There's a reason why taunting is against the rules, and last night was a perfect example. Bottom line, there were two basketball plays and a non basketball play and the non basketball play ignited the altercation.

I’m not sure your extreme bias doesn’t shine thru in your description of Kansas.

KU’s been a consistently classy program, unless you want to blame them for the Snoop show.

And I don’t think he wants to get into a class comparison between fanbases/administrations. “Starship Enterprise.”RollLaugh

I would say De Sausa taunting ignited the confrontation. That doesn't mean he is responsible for the fight. Whoever got physical first is responsible for that.

Dude, you're just being obtuse. There's a reason why taunting is against the rules, and last night was a perfect example. Bottom line, there were two basketball plays and a non basketball play and the non basketball play ignited the altercation.

No one is denying that he deserved a technical, but you’re arguing that he started a fight. Arguing that it justified a bench clearing and attack of a player is ridiculous. They could have gotten in his face, talked some shit, shot their FTs and no one’s talking about this right now.

Reactions: KisteK
No one is denying that he deserved a technical, but you’re arguing that he started a fight. Arguing that it justified a bench clearing and attack of a player is ridiculous. They could have gotten in his face, talked some shit, shot their FTs and no one’s talking about this right now.
Instead we're talking about a chair being taken away before it was used, and a kicking/stomping someone on the ground.

... and possible suspensions.

Just curious, when was the last KU season where they haven't had anyone under suspension at one point during the season? I'm too lazy to look up all the KU suspensions and add it up. It's easier to just ask the KU experts.

Instead we're talking about a chair being taken away before it was used, and a kicking/stomping someone on the ground.

Just curious, when was the last KU season where they haven't had anyone under suspension at one point during the season?
Its def been way too often having an eligibility issue or missing guys due to bad behavior.

Reactions: RockChalkRally

Just curious, when was the last KU season where they haven't had anyone under suspension at one point during the season?

Thanks for the recap, Jim Nantz.

Now do you have evidence of a “stomp?”

Last edited:

Nobody is absolving K-State of anything. They will have players suspended as well. But they are irrelevant; Kansas is a legit title contender and for some dumba$$ to taunt a walk on or a freshman after he swatted a shot into the third row is stupid. Answer this; if DeSousa blocks the shot and walks away does anything else occur? And before you start the bull$hit about "stealing the ball blah, blah, blah" that is a basketball play that is legal under the rules. Taunting and standing over a player is not.

Reactions: Da_Bull
Nobody is absolving K-State of anything. They will have players suspended as well. But they are irrelevant; Kansas is a legit title contender and for some dumba$$ to taunt a walk on or a freshman after he swatted a shot into the third row is stupid. Answer this; if DeSousa blocks the shot and walks away does anything else occur? And before you start the bull$hit about "stealing the ball blah, blah, blah" that is a basketball play that is legal under the rules. Taunting and standing over a player is not.

Well, first off, if we’re talking about who/what was responsible for igniting tensions, the “rules” are irrelevant: I don’t think the bench cleared because “dat mutha fugga’s outside the rules!”

The unnecessary steal IS what led to everything that transpired. And no, he shouldn’t have taunted. And no, he didn’t start a physical altercation. And yes, he should be suspended. Maybe for the year, if Howard did, in fact, knock the stool out of his hand. Does that cover it?

You yahoos once again prove to be far more obsessed with KU than the opposite.

Reactions: cgreen423
Well, first off, if we’re talking about who/what was responsible for igniting tensions, the “rules” are irrelevant: I don’t think the bench cleared because “dat mutha fugga’s outside the rules!”

The unnecessary steal IS what led to everything that transpired. And no, he shouldn’t have taunted. And no, he didn’t start a physical altercation. And yes, he should be suspended. Maybe for the year, if Howard did, in fact, knock the stool out of his hand. Does that cover it?

Here comes the fallback line of obsession.

Why stand over someone and talked trash when your up by 20? K State isn’t going anywhere this year and has nothing to lose.This was so dumb on Kansas players. They have everything to play for.
Why steal the ball as we’re dribbling out the last 10 seconds and try to score a layup at the buzzer down 20? THAT is what started everything.

It was legal wasn't it? No excuses you thug scum.
Who’s gives a shit if it’s legal. It’s Busch league and everyone knows it. Just like if we tried to shoot a 3 at the buzzer up 20. You’re opening yourself up to more. SDS wasn’t trying to score he was standing there waiting for the clock to run out. The thugs are the ksu dudes who came sprinting off the bench and pushed SDS over. Don’t blame him one bit for defending himself.

Who’s gives a shit if it’s legal. It’s Busch league and everyone knows it. Just like if we tried to shoot a 3 at the buzzer up 20. You’re opening yourself up to more. SDS wasn’t trying to score he was standing there waiting for the clock to run out. The thugs are the ksu dudes who came sprinting off the bench and pushed SDS over. Don’t blame him one bit for defending himself.

Defending himself with a chair?

You can't see the forest for the trees. Laughing The bench cleared because what DeSousa did was not legal under the rules. he thought he was a badass and stood over the dude, then the K state players who thought they were badasses got involved.

And you think the steal is unnecessary; hell, so do I. But he is allowed to do that. You don't want him to steal the ball? Maybe don't assume anything or give it to a guard.

And nobody is obsessed with KU. Laughing A major brawl broke out last night and it's all over the news. Combine that with the FBI, Snoop and the stripper poles, and KU is a punchline right now. What's funny is you acting like poor little old KState bullied DeSousa and took his ball from him so he's allowed to do anything he wants. There's no question KState started the physical part, but apparently KU is so undisciplined that your 5* can't hold his emotions when he gets his pocket picked by a freshman. Laughing

Reactions: Marlattman84

He picked up a chair you jackass. Laughing

At what point do we go from defending himself to attempted assault.

You can't see the forest for the trees. Laughing The bench cleared because what DeSousa did was not legal under the rules. he thought he was a badass and stood over the dude, then the K state players who thought they were badasses got involved.
And you think the steal is unnecessary; hell, so do I. But he is allowed to do that. You don't want him to steal the ball? Maybe don't assume anything or give it to a guard.

And nobody is obsessed with KU. Laughing A major brawl broke out last night and it's all over the news. Combine that with the FBI, Snoop and the stripper poles, and KU is a punchline right now. What's funny is you acting like poor little old KState bullied DeSousa and took his ball from him so he's allowed to do anything he wants. There's no question KState started the physical part, but apparently KU is so undisciplined that your 5* can't hold his emotions when he gets his pocket picked by a freshman. Laughing
It was an epically badass block on a cheap as it gets steal. I don't have a problem with him jawing at the little shithead. Wished it stopped there with a simple T---but KSU's bench came running over b/c the clock was at zeros. The grabbing of the stool is.....not defensible.

ADVERTISEMENT