ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas is shocked that a show with Snoop Dogg did not provide a family atmosphere

Oh, but of course he lacks credibility. It's not like he saw it all firsthand for a decade.

Btw, Avenatti may be a scumbag...doesn't make his accusations wrong.

What's your take on Calipari's 8 on 5 bit?
Rewatch the UK vs UNC elite 8 game in 2017 and tell me it wasn't at least 6 on 5.

Cal gets under the skin of many, especially referees. I'll admit, if I was a ref, I might make life difficult for Cal.

At least Cal calls a spade a spade. We all know refs need better/more training. They are too involved in the outcome of college games, but you rarely hear about NBA refs. Why?

This is funny. You calling someone… .. anyone out on spinning shit, is funny… hilarious. Just wow.

Hey, speaking of...spin for me again how a league with one top 10 team other than Kentucky for a decade provided consistent high-level competition.RollLaugh

Rewatch the UK vs UNC elite 8 game in 2017 and tell me it wasn't at least 6 on 5.

Cal gets under the skin of many, especially referees. I'll admit, if I was a ref, I might make life difficult for Cal.

At least Cal calls a spade a spade. We all know refs need better/more training. They are too involved in the outcome of college games, but you rarely hear about NBA refs. Why?
RollLaugh

Btw, which is it? Are they out for Cal or do they need more training?

Is it more likely that Code knows what he's talking about or that he doesn't?
Serious question, when did Code work for Nike? And when would he have been involved with any UK dealings? All I can find is that he worked for Nike for 14 years, but what timeframe was that 14 years? Was it during the Tubby years? Gillispie? Calipari? Seems like he's been with Adidas for quite some time.

I'm sorry, but I call bullshit on his blanket statement. He threw a bunch of big names put there for effect. But I would love to hear what duke, UK and unc did to be counted among the guilty.

Again, buying a kid a pack of gum is a whole lot different than working with a shoe company to pay a kids family. You want it all to be the same.

I'm sorry, but I call bullshit on his blanket statement. He threw a bunch of big names put there for effect. But I would love to hear what duke, UK and unc did to be counted among the guilty.
That's how I read it. Seemed pretty obvious to me he wasn't hinting at specifics.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Serious question, when did Code work for Nike? And when would he have been involved with any UK dealings? All I can find is that he worked for Nike for 14 years, but what timeframe was that 14 years? Was it during the Tubby years? Gillispie? Calipari? Seems like he's been with Adidas for quite some time.

Again, buying a kid a pack of gum is a whole lot different than working with a shoe company to pay a kids family. You want it all to be the same.

Is it fair to say that I’ve sufficiently proven my point that you guys will spin/defend anything regarding Cal/UK?

Spin, spin, spin.
You're so good at this.

Wtf? Spin? It’s a serious question. You mentioned both in the same post. So which is it?

Do they conspire against poor Cal? Or do they suck? Both?

“The audience enjoyed that sh*t,” Snoop told Stern and fellow guest Seth Rogan. “I don’t know what the f*ck they talking about.”

When asked, Snoop denied that Kansas asked him to leave.

“That’s a goddamn lie. That’s a motherf**king lie. I had the time of my life. I enjoyed myself, hung out with the basketball teams. ”

“I just think it was more the publicity of what I did, they had to cover it up. And, I respect them, and I wasn’t gonna put no smut on their name and say they did anything wrong because they invited me to come do what I do. And, when you pay for Snoop Dogg, you gonna get Snoop Dogg.”

Reactions: RipThru
“The audience enjoyed that sh*t,” Snoop told Stern and fellow guest Seth Rogan. “I don’t know what the f*ck they talking about.”

When asked, Snoop denied that Kansas asked him to leave.

“That’s a goddamn lie. That’s a motherf**king lie. I had the time of my life. I enjoyed myself, hung out with the basketball teams. ”

“I just think it was more the publicity of what I did, they had to cover it up. And, I respect them, and I wasn’t gonna put no smut on their name and say they did anything wrong because they invited me to come do what I do. And, when you pay for Snoop Dogg, you gonna get Snoop Dogg.”
I read that to mean they toked hard in the locker room with the men's and women's teams.

Wtf? Spin? It’s a serious question. You mentioned both in the same post. So which is it?

Do they conspire against poor Cal? Or do they suck? Both?
Go.back and reread the post. Obviously it's too.much for you to understand, because you can.only think on one plane.

FYI, when I say the word "plane", I'm not talking TWA, Delta or Eastern airlines.

Because they rarely call anything....

As for officials needing better training? No.

More training? Probably. I say this in reference to veteran guys kinda of "sliding by". Not focusing on the little things, as they did when first starting out; or early in their career.

Lets be honest...Officials could be great---and folks are still gonna bitch and moan. Its a thankless job, that unless you have done it, you have zero idea how hard it is.

Man, I could say anything and there's a guarantee that you'll respond.

Basically, I have you on a string Mr. Yo yo.

Says the moron who followed me into this thread and quoted literally every post that I had made to that point.

Never change. RollLaugh

Actually, please do. Your whole backwards routine gets annoying.

Go.back and reread the post. Obviously it's too.much for you to understand, because you can.only think on one plane.

FYI, when I say the word "plane", I'm not talking TWA, Delta or Eastern airlines.

Ok, I reread it. 1) He gets under their skin, so they make life difficult for him. 2) They need more/better training.

And how is that different than what I posted?

Absolutely. Good call.

Except for the fact that y’know, you’re the one who spins the Code/Gassnola/Bam/Vanderbilt etc etc situations to fit your agenda, while I’ve never hidden from the fact that Self’s texts look bad. Even before they came out, I never hid from the fact that some of KU’s players (as well as many others) likely rec’d benefits.

One of us is a scared little apologist and one is a man.

More training? Probably. I say this in reference to veteran guys kinda of "sliding by". Not focusing on the little things, as they did when first starting out; or early in their career.

Lets be honest...Officials could be great---and folks are still gonna bitch and moan. Its a thankless job, that unless you have done it, you have zero idea how hard it is.
But you admit they need more training. They need something. I know it's hard and I know it's thankless, but they are too easily influenced by home crowds and there are definitely some agendas.
I really wish that missed shot clock violation in the UK/Wisconsin game in 2015 was caught and Auburn got absolutely raped in the FF game against UVA.
I think the officiating in BIG12 and ACC games is better than what we see in the SEC. I don't know why, but a lot of SEC games are whistle-fests, the flow of B12 and ACC games is much better.
Yup, NBA officials are more lax, they let some things go, but they are rarely bigger than the game. College refs consistently play a large role in the outcome of games, especially in the NCAAT.

Says the moron who followed me into this thread and quoted literally every post that I had made to that point.

Never change. RollLaugh

Actually, please do. Your whole backwards routine gets annoying.
You realize there is no "following" involved when it comes to posting in these threads right?

Sorry, but I call a spade a spade, and you are the biggest homer on this board and your hatred for UK causes you to lie quite often.

Ok, I reread it. 1) He gets under their skin, so they make life difficult for him. 2) They need more/better training.

And how is that different than what I posted?
There’s a lot more to my post than that. You just cherry picked.
Tell me what you disagree with out of that post?
Do officials need better training?
Does Cal get under the skin of college refs?
Tell me where I'm wrong?

There’s a lot more to my post than that. You just cherry picked.
Tell me what you disagree with out of that post?
Do officials need better training?
Does Cal get under the skin of college refs?
Tell me where I'm wrong?

Ha...what coach doesn’t get under their skin?

Have you ever watched a Duke game before? Who the hell yaps at refs more than THAT guy? And yet we all know that Duke gets the most favorable officiating of any.

Why do refs hate poor Calipari? Damn, if only you guys could get a fair whistle. You’d have about 45 titles by now.

(At least, amirite?)

Last edited:

It is hard, but I don't agree with thankless. These dudes get paid well, that's their "thanks". You know what you're signing up for when you choose officiating, so I am not in the camp that feels sympathy for officials. You screw up once or twice a day in your regular job, you get fired eventually.

You realize there is no "following" involved when it comes to posting in these threads right?

Sorry, but I call a spade a spade, and you are the biggest homer on this board and your hatred for UK causes you to lie quite often.

Okay, let’s do a little exercise. I’ll give you examples of why you’re a superhomer, and you can return the favor.

1) You believe that a league that had ONE top ten team in a decade (excluding Kentucky) was consistently producing final four contenders other than Kentucky (can’t make this stuff up).

2) You routinely yammer about how the NCAA won’t do any favors for poor cash cow Kentucky and would hammer them at any opportunity. And now you’re buying into Cal’s 8 on 5 conspiracy theory.

3) Despite shady things that surfaced in the FBI investigation, you claim that there's almost no chance that any of Kentucky's multitude of 5 stars and lottery picks accept benefits in a pay for play landscape.

Afamu is your only rival.

Your turn.

Ha...what coach doesn’t get under their skin?

Have you ever watched a Duke game before? Who the hell yaps at refs more than THAT guy? And yet we all know that Duke gets the most favorable officiating of any.

Why do refs hate poor Calipari? Damn, if only you guys could get a fair whistle. You’d have about 45 titles by now.

(At least, amirite?)
Hmm, I never said the refs gated Calipari. Why are you changing my words?

As far as K, that guy gets more respect in this game than any other coach and he's certainly earned that. His relationship with the officials is definitely different that the relationship Cal has with most officials.

Okay, let’s do a little exercise. I’ll give you examples of why you’re a superhomer, and you can return the favor.

1) You believe that a league that had ONE top ten team in a decade (excluding Kentucky) was consistently producing final four contenders other than Kentucky (can’t make this stuff up).

2) You routinely yammer about how the NCAA won’t do any favors for poor cash cow Kentucky and would hammer them at any opportunity. And now you’re buying into Cal’s 8 on 5 conspiracy theory.

3) Despite shady things that surfaced in the FBI investigation, you claim that there's almost no chance that any of Kentucky's multitude of 5 stars and lottery picks accept benefits in a pay for play landscape.

Afamu is your only rival.

Your turn.
Crap post. I call it what it is on here. I have a good relashionship with fans from all programs and I do something you have never done, I compliment other programs and LIKE posts from guys that are non-UK fans.

We can go back down the SEC vs BIG 12 road, but the bottom line is, 1 team has dominated the BIG12 for decades and also happens to be the only program to win a title in 50+ years, yet the SEC has had multiple programs win titles in the modern era and two of those programs have won multiple titles. That's my argument on it, you can disagree with it all you want, but one thing you can't do is say that my argument isn’t valid.

Amazing this thread is still going. Such a whatever topic too. I understand now why the politics threads are chocked full of dudes who probably tuck their t-shirt into their wranglers.

Reactions: RipThru
Crap post. I call it what it is on here. I have a good relashionship with fans from all programs and I do something you have never done, I compliment other programs and LIKE posts from guys that are non-UK fans.

We can go back down the SEC vs BIG 12 road, but the bottom line is, 1 team has dominated the BIG12 for decades and also happens to be the only program to win a title in 50+ years, yet the SEC has had multiple programs win titles in the modern era and two of those programs have won multiple titles. That's my argument on it, you can disagree with it all you want, but one thing you can't do is say that my argument isn’t valid.

Seriously...almost everything you post is just flat out inaccurate. It's astounding. I like plenty of the Kentucky posters here. Hell, I probably "like" more posts by Kentucky fans than KU fans.

Still waiting for your list of my homerish comments.

Seriously...almost everything you post is just flat out inaccurate. It's astounding. I like plenty of the Kentucky posters here. Hell, I probably "like" more posts by Kentucky fans than KU fans.

Still waiting for your list of my homerish comments.

Where do you think the event being family friendly ranked on Self’s priority list?

You'd call for Calipari's head if he were charged with lack of institutional control and authorized a Snoop performance? Like hell you would. Seriously, just be real. None of you want to return to the Tubby era.

Absolutely I would. I dont root for the college of Calipari, I root for UK. We're UK.. even if we suffer 4 down years .... we're going to hire another stud coach .

LOL at KU fans thinking they cant hire another coach as good as Bill Self... Something the 4 years of Tubby and BCG taught us UK fans is that its not the end of the world. Adidas helped you get recruits... they'd help you land a coach lol.

Reactions: kyjeff1
It is hard, but I don't agree with thankless. These dudes get paid well, that's their "thanks". You know what you're signing up for when you choose officiating, so I am not in the camp that feels sympathy for officials. You screw up once or twice a day in your regular job, you get fired eventually.
We do get paid well.

I knew exactly what I was signing up for; A thankless job, that pays well.

I don't understand why people compare officiating , to that of a "normal job", i.e . If I mess up as a doctor, etc, etc....Its apples to oranges. Officiating errors don't cost people their lives, freedom, etc, etc....Its just a silly comparison.

Officiating for the most part is pretty good. People only recall the bad games, calls, etc, etc...No one remembers the 20 calls that were right---just the few that were wrong. But thats, OK. I knew that when I signed up..Winking

But you admit they need more training. They need something. I know it's hard and I know it's thankless, but they are too easily influenced by home crowds and there are definitely some agendas.
I really wish that missed shot clock violation in the UK/Wisconsin game in 2015 was caught and Auburn got absolutely raped in the FF game against UVA.
I think the officiating in BIG12 and ACC games is better than what we see in the SEC. I don't know why, but a lot of SEC games are whistle-fests, the flow of B12 and ACC games is much better.
Yup, NBA officials are more lax, they let some things go, but they are rarely bigger than the game. College refs consistently play a large role in the outcome of games, especially in the NCAAT.
I have come to realize---No matter how I explain, the theme won't change. But, heck its fun. So thats probably why I continue to try.

When I say "more training", I mean that in a sense of elder officials needing to "tune up" their craft. To many of them are to comfy.

I don't agree with officials being easily influenced by home crowds. MOF, I strongly disagree with such. I think fans see the home team go on a run---crowd gets going---there's a bang/bang call, and the official calls it in favor of the home team. Folks immediately assume its b/c of the crowd. ANd look, in some cases, sure that happens. But for the most part, thats not the case at all. Fans see an official make the call with some extra "umph", and assume---"they are doing so b/c of the crowd". False. We are trained that when there is a bang/bang, 50/50 call, to add some emphasis to our call. Especially late in games. THis is taught to show confidence in what you are calling. You are letting the coach know---"I've got this. I am sure of this", etc, etc.... I could explain this all day, and yet----it will fall on deaf ears. And thats ok.

NBA officials are terrible. How someone can watch an NBA game, and be happier with how its called, opposed to a college game, is beyond me. You damn near have to stab someone to get a foul called....Take at least 5 steps for a travel. Its a mess. NBA officials rarely upstage the game, b/c they are told---"this is a business. Let these dudes play." I've been to an NBA officials camp. And that is exactly wht is said, and taught from Day 1. You abide by it---or you don't have a job. Its that simple. I hate the NBA.

I enjoy officiating. MOF, I love it. Love calling baseball as well. Couldn't imagine not doing so.

And? I don't follow? Its not me comparing officiaiting to a regular job. Its me responding . But, ok...

And? I don't follow? Its not me comparing officiaiting to a regular job. Its me responding . But, ok...
Are you not trying to compare the results of officiating in that post to the results of a normal job? What was the intent behind a response like that if it’s not a comparison?

Absolutely I would. I dont root for the college of Calipari, I root for UK. We're UK.. even if we suffer 4 down years .... we're going to hire another stud coach .

LOL at KU fans thinking they cant hire another coach as good as Bill Self... Something the 4 years of Tubby and BCG taught us UK fans is that its not the end of the world. Adidas helped you get recruits... they'd help you land a coach lol.

No, you wouldn't. First off, you guys would need to see zoomed-in video evidence of Calipari transferring a duffel bag of cash to a recruit, with bills flying into the wind, before you'd even begin to accept that he broke any rules. Even then, you'd claim that it was an imposter.

Second, it's highly unlikely that the next KU coach will be as good as Self. He might have a little more tourney success, but I think we all know by now that there are no guarantees in the tourney. Even the best fail and fail a lot.

But that isn't the point. The point is that our coach doesn't need to be the NCAA's "fall guy" for a corrupt landscape that stretches far and wide.

Are you not trying to compare the results of officiating in that post to the results of a normal job? What was the intent behind a response like that if it’s not a comparison?
Really? You need that explained to you? C'mon, man----Are you trolling? In no way shape or form am I, or would I ever compare officiating, and its "consequence's", with a normal job. I have said that 100, 000 gazillion times. By ASKING the question I did---isn't comparing. Its, well---asking a question. Only thing I'm comparing, is a percentage. Not jobs. As in said example:

If I told you SChooner that at my recent evaluation, I graded out at 93. WOuld you be upset if one of your employee's showed up to work, 93% of the time? Its not comparing jobs. Its comparing the production.

ADVERTISEMENT