ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas is shocked that a show with Snoop Dogg did not provide a family atmosphere

Really? You need that explained to you? C'mon, man----Are you trolling? In no way shape or form am I, or would I ever compare officiating, and its "consequence's", with a normal job. I have said that 100, 000 gazillion times. By ASKING the question I did---isn't comparing. Its, well---asking a question. Only thing I'm comparing, is a percentage. Not jobs. As in said example:

If I told you SChooner that at my recent evaluation, I graded out at 93. WOuld you be upset if one of your employee's showed up to work, 93% of the time? Its not comparing jobs. Its comparing the production.
93% of anything at any job is really bad. But we shouldn’t compare that to officiating.

Reactions: RipThru
I don't agree with officials being easily influenced by home crowds. MOF, I strongly disagree with such.

Then why is there such a huge foul disparity in favor of home teams?

I don't claim to have seen comprehensive numbers for every school, but resources I've seen in the past showed a pretty glaring disparity.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I have come to realize---No matter how I explain, the theme won't change. But, heck its fun. So thats probably why I continue to try.

When I say "more training", I mean that in a sense of elder officials needing to "tune up" their craft. To many of them are to comfy.

I don't agree with officials being easily influenced by home crowds. MOF, I strongly disagree with such. I think fans see the home team go on a run---crowd gets going---there's a bang/bang call, and the official calls it in favor of the home team. Folks immediately assume its b/c of the crowd. ANd look, in some cases, sure that happens. But for the most part, thats not the case at all. Fans see an official make the call with some extra "umph", and assume---"they are doing so b/c of the crowd". False. We are trained that when there is a bang/bang, 50/50 call, to add some emphasis to our call. Especially late in games. THis is taught to show confidence in what you are calling. You are letting the coach know---"I've got this. I am sure of this", etc, etc.... I could explain this all day, and yet----it will fall on deaf ears. And thats ok.

NBA officials are terrible. How someone can watch an NBA game, and be happier with how its called, opposed to a college game, is beyond me. You damn near have to stab someone to get a foul called....Take at least 5 steps for a travel. Its a mess. NBA officials rarely upstage the game, b/c they are told---"this is a business. Let these dudes play." I've been to an NBA officials camp. And that is exactly wht is said, and taught from Day 1. You abide by it---or you don't have a job. Its that simple. I hate the NBA.

I enjoy officiating. MOF, I love it. Love calling baseball as well. Couldn't imagine not doing so.
You could argue that the NBA not calling fouls and travels every minute has actually improved the product. I think most NBA fans would agree with that.

93% of anything at any job is really bad. But we shouldn’t compare that to officiating.
Okie doke.
Then why is there such a huge foul disparity in favor of home teams?

I don't claim to have seen comprehensive numbers for every school, but resources I've seen in the past showed a pretty glaring disparity.
Maybe b/c they foul less? I can recall plenty of games where the home team had more fouls. I can recall many where they did not. Does the home crowd sometimes influence calls? Sure. Absolutely. Never denied that. I myself have fell victim to such. Not arguing that. I'm saying its not "easily".

You could argue that the NBA not calling fouls and travels every minute has actually improved the product. I think most NBA fans would agree with that.
Agree 100%. The NBA and the college game are different. The NBA is a business. Players are making millions....executives are making billions...The League is making even more billions. Its their livelihood. So of course the NBA wants their games to have more action. To be more fluid....To be more "fan friendly". Because if its not---then people quit paying hundreds, to thousands of dollars to go to a game. Comparing the two is kinda of silly, TBH. Because look,no matter how "bad" the officiating is, fans of Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Indiana, etc, etc...are still going to go to games...Still going to watch on TV...So and so on. The two "business's" are as different as night and day.

Seriously...almost everything you post is just flat out inaccurate. It's astounding. I like plenty of the Kentucky posters here. Hell, I probably "like" more posts by Kentucky fans than KU fans.

Still waiting for your list of my homerish comments.
OMG, the shit's getting really deep in here.

There's no way you kept a straight face when you typed that out.

What makes you say that?

Like has been said, they’d probably have taken a little more caution if that were the #1 priority. I think it’s a priority, but it probably wasn’t as high as showing the fans and recruits a good time.

OMG, the shit's getting really deep in here.

There's no way you kept a straight face when you typed that out.

Yeah, it is. I swear that everything you try to label me is 1000 times more fitting for you. I’ll bet at least 80% of your “likes” are for Kentucky fans. The other 20% are for posts that are knocking KU or a rival or me.Laughing

I’m still waiting for your examples of irrational things that I’ve said. If I’m the biggest dayum homer evur, it shouldn’t be difficult to name a few.

Last edited:
We do get paid well.

I knew exactly what I was signing up for; A thankless job, that pays well.

I don't understand why people compare officiating , to that of a "normal job", i.e . If I mess up as a doctor, etc, etc....Its apples to oranges. Officiating errors don't cost people their lives, freedom, etc, etc....Its just a silly comparison.

Officiating for the most part is pretty good. People only recall the bad games, calls, etc, etc...No one remembers the 20 calls that were right---just the few that were wrong. But thats, OK. I knew that when I signed up..Winking

I didn’t compare it to being a doctor; just a normal job. So it’s not silly. Officiating is the only profession I know that wants props for doing their job correctly. You’re SUPPOSED to get those calls right. That’s literally why you’re getting paid. But any missed call is shrugged off as “it’s hard and I got most of the calls right”. I don’t know of any other job where you can make multiple mistakes every day and keep your job.
And no, people don’t lose their lives, but coaches are paid to win games and championships, and if they don’t they can lose jobs. Partly because of the acceptance of subpar performances by men who get paid well to do a particular job and “get most of the calls right”.

Last edited:
I didn’t compare it to being a doctor; just a normal job. So it’s not silly. Officiating is the only profession I know that wants props for doing their job correctly. You’re SUPPOSED to get those calls right. That’s literally why you’re getting paid. But any missed call is shrugged off as “it’s hard and I got most of the calls right”. I don’t know of any other job where you can make multiple mistakes every day and keep your job.
And no, people don’t lose their lives, but coaches are paid to win games and championships, and if they don’t they can lose jobs. Partly because of the acceptance of subpar performances by men who get paid well to do a particular job and “get most of the calls right”.
Name me one sport where the officials get ALL the calls right..............See, thats the issue. People like you expect officials to get every single call right. And why? I dunno----We get paid well, or something like that. In case you haven't noticed----officials/umpires are human. Which means they are prone to a mistake here and there. An acceptable grade at the various D1 camps I've visited is 92-95%. Thats a pretty common number across the board. Are you suggesting that number be 100%? That to be an NCAA official, you should have to test out at 100%----And then stay at 100%? In other words, you are suggesting perfection. Am I correct?

Officiating is the only profession you know that wants props for doing their job correctly? Really? Are you that sheltered?

Yes coaches get paid to win games, championships, etc, etc...But they too make mistakes. MOF, they are just as lauded for getting most shit right---even though not everything(right).

Hate to break this to ya dude---But there will never be a day where officials get every call right. And rather you wanna accept it or not, but calling a D1 CBB game, and getting 92-95% of the calls right, is considered very, very good. I mean, you do realize that means you are getting 9 out of every 10 calls right...Accordance to NCAA rules and interps....Right? But thats not good enough for you.....

Why?

BTW---I never said you comapred to that of a doctor.

Name me one sport where the officials get ALL the calls right..............See, thats the issue. People like you expect officials to get every single call right. And why? I dunno----We get paid well, or something like that. In case you haven't noticed----officials/umpires are human. Which means they are prone to a mistake here and there. An acceptable grade at the various D1 camps I've visited is 92-95%. Thats a pretty common number across the board. Are you suggesting that number be 100%? That to be an NCAA official, you should have to test out at 100%----And then stay at 100%? In other words, you are suggesting perfection. Am I correct?

Officiating is the only profession you know that wants props for doing their job correctly? Really? Are you that sheltered?

Yes coaches get paid to win games, championships, etc, etc...But they too make mistakes. MOF, they are just as lauded for getting most shit right---even though not everything(right).

Hate to break this to ya dude---But there will never be a day where officials get every call right. And rather you wanna accept it or not, but calling a D1 CBB game, and getting 92-95% of the calls right, is considered very, very good. I mean, you do realize that means you are getting 9 out of every 10 calls right...Accordance to NCAA rules and interps....Right? But thats not good enough for you.....

Why?

BTW---I never said you comapred to that of a doctor.

Is officiating a job or a hobby? 92% is pretty good for a hobby. It doesn’t work that way in the real world for a job however. If I perform at 92% in my job, I’m unemployed very quickly. But percentages arent even the point to me. It’s all the excuses you hear for poor performance. The acceptance of subpar work is widespread in officiating. But the pay is not. You can shout it from the rooftops how good you think officials are, but the bar is set pretty low for what is acceptable in my opinion. The inconsistencies are maddening, not only game to game, but in some cases possession by possession. It’s not surprising to see you run in here and defend officials; you are one, I get it. But I’ll reiterate, I can’t think of many jobs that accept a performance rate of 92% on a daily basis.

and you mentioned doctor in your reply to my post, that’s why I mentioned it.

Officiating is the only profession I know that wants props for doing their job correctly. .
You really don't believe this right? I mean really??

Ever seen an advertisement by a lawyer telling you had bad he is...never won a case..never won a settlement---But hey, you could be my first........?? Ever seen a car dealership advertise how bad their cars are----their deals are---shitty customer service---But hey, we have low prices..... How about a doctors office advertising that most of their patients die--but hey---With you, it could be different...

You sure you wanna stick with that statement?

You really don't believe this right? I mean really??

Ever seen an advertisement by a lawyer telling you had bad he is...never won a case..never won a settlement---But hey, you could be my first........?? Ever seen a car dealership advertise how bad their cars are----their deals are---shitty customer service---But hey, we have low prices..... How about a doctors office advertising that most of their patients die--but hey---With you, it could be different...

You sure you wanna stick with that statement?
RollLaughRollLaugh those are fantastic comparisons.

Is officiating a job or a hobby? 92% is pretty good for a hobby. It doesn’t work that way in the real world for a job however. If I perform at 92% in my job, I’m unemployed very quickly. But percentages arent even the point to me. It’s all the excuses you hear for poor performance. The acceptance of subpar work is widespread in officiating. But the pay is not. You can shout it from the rooftops how good you think officials are, but the bar is set pretty low for what is acceptable in my opinion. The inconsistencies are maddening, not only game to game, but in some cases possession by possession. It’s not surprising to see you run in here and defend officials; you are one, I get it. But I’ll reiterate, I can’t think of many jobs that accept a performance rate of 92% on a daily basis.

Why do you compare a regular job, i.e. ANY JOB,. to that of a profession that making mistakes is inevitable? A job that is a job of objectivity/subective. A job that is a job of judgement, and or opinion? Which takes place at a high level, in a confined area, with high level, elite athletes.Take for instance my day job---I make cultured marble and granite counter tops, shower pans, etc, etc...To make cultured marble, there is a process---Mix a resin, with a color, along with a catalyst---then dust. If I forget one aspect of that, the batch is ruined. There is no judgement involved...no objectivity. Its rather done right---or its not. That cannot be said in officiating..I could do everything right---And still make the wrong decision. Thats called human error. If I do everything right when mixing a batch of marble---Well, it comes out exactly as it should. That is the difference in a job with zero objectivity, opinion, subejctivity, or, judgement, oppsoed to a job where objectivity, subjectivity and or opinion play a huge factor.

Yes the pay is great. SO is that of an MLB baseball player. But fck---those dudes only have to be "right" 30% of the time, and then are paraded as the best of the best of their profession. Numbers and percentages are not equal. You cannot say being 95% correct at a job such as that of an official isn't good, just becasue that same percentage would be considered bad, is say you were a doctor. Thats why the comparisons are dumb. People at the highest level for officials have set the grading scale. If they are happy with that, and feel that is acceptable---then why cant you?

Reactions: ExitFlagger
RollLaughRollLaugh those are fantastic comparisons.
Hey, you are the one that said---"Officiating is the only PROFESSION....

You don't consider being a doctor, car salesman, etc, etc...as a profession?

Can I use an accountant, a waitress, or politician? Or are those not professions either?

What about a cab driver? Does that fit your criteria?

Hey, you are the one that said---"Officiating is the only PROFESSION....

You don't consider being a doctor, car salesman, etc, etc...as a profession?

Can I use an accountant, a waitress, or politician? Or are those not professions either?

What about a cab driver? Does that fit your criteria?

has nothing to do with those not being professions. But in nearly every scenario you presented there is an opportunity for relief, most likely legal relief. Buy a lemon? There are laws against it. Doctors have malpractice insurance. Others get fired. Not officials. What happens if officials screw up? “It’s a tough and thankless job so just
deal with it”. Until more is demanded officiating won’t get better and 90% is laughable to me. And apparently I’m not alone in this line of thinking.

And for you to compare officiating to being a MLB player is ludicrous.

has nothing to do with those not being professions. But in nearly every scenario you presented there is an opportunity for relief, most likely legal relief. Buy a lemon? There are laws against it. Doctors have malpractice insurance. Others get fired. Not officials. What happens if officials screw up? “It’s a tough and thankless job so just
deal with it”. Until more is demanded officiating won’t get better and 90% is laughable to me. And apparently I’m not alone in this line of thinking.

You just gave about 5 examples as why comparing the job of an official to that of any other job is stupid. They are as different as night and day. And there are consequences if you constantly "screw up". Its called not being hired....Being removed from games...Being moved to lower level(s)....Or being suspended. In my final year of working an NCAA D1 conference schedule, I graded out at 90.7%. I wasn't retained back by that conference. I called 326 fouls, in 54 games. Of those 326 fouls, I got 294 correct. Think about that for a second. In a game such as basketball, where contact is inevitable, and happens almost every single time down the floor---I got 294 calls right---out of 326. Calls that I have less than a second to decide on...

Could you do that?

And that was just fouls....Doesn't include violations, OOB calls, rule interps, etc, etc...

You cannot say that being right 95% of the time is bad, just because 95% isn't good for other jobs.

I know a lot of salesmen who would sell their souls for a 92% close rate.

JFC...I wasn't comparing the two--I was comparing percentages, and their meanings. In other words, you can make millions of dollars because you do something right at 30% clip. To take from your line of thinking----What other job could you make millions of dollars, be considered a great, and possibly be revered in a HOF, where you are only successful 30% of the time?

Follow now? Or do you need pictures?

Yeah, it is. I swear that everything you try to label me is 1000 times more fitting for you. I’ll bet at least 80% of your “likes” are for Kentucky fans. The other 20% are for posts that are knocking KU or a rival or me.Laughing

I’m still waiting for your examples of irrational things that I’ve said. If I’m the biggest dayum homer evur, it shouldn’t be difficult to name a few.
More lies an exaggerations. I get you're trying to be funny, but I call it the way I see it.

I am a UK fan, UK and UK fans get attacked a ton on here, I'm not going to hit the like button when UK or UK fans are being attacked.

Heck, I hit the like button on one of your posts an hour or so ago. Did you miss that? You said something I agreed with. I think you're the worst poster on this board, but I still liked one of your posts. That doesn't fit though, because in your words, I only like UK stuff.

I have never seen you like a post from a non ku fan or something that doesn't have to do with KU. Doesn't mean you haven't, but it's certainly rare.

93% of anything at any job is really bad. .
C'mon, dude...You can troll better than this. I mean dude----If I'm a realtor--and I'm closing on 9 out of every 10 houses Im trying to sell.......????

C'mon, now.

I don't think some of you realize what 93 percent means..Laughing

More lies an exaggerations. I get you're trying to be funny, but I call it the way I see it.

I am a UK fan, UK and UK fans get attacked a ton on here, I'm not going to hit the like button when UK or UK fans are being attacked.

Heck, I hit the like button on one of your posts an hour or so ago. Did you miss that? You said something I agreed with. I think you're the worst poster on this board, but I still liked one of your posts. That doesn't fit though, because in your words, I only like UK stuff.

I have never seen you like a post from a non ku fan or something that doesn't have to do with KU. Doesn't mean you haven't, but it's certainly rare.

Haha...yes, a like appeared after the topic of likes discrimination came up. What a coincidence.

I just liked Borden’s post above about officiating an hour or so ago. Nothing to do with KU. I don’t keep a spreadsheet, but I’d wager that most of my likes have nothing to do with KU. I hit the like button when I read something particularly funny or interesting.

Wait, UK fans are attacked a ton here? I thought that only I dared to do something so heinous? I assume that you think all these attacks are unjust?

C'mon, dude...You can troll better than this. I mean dude----If I'm a realtor--and I'm closing on 9 out of every 10 houses Im trying to sell.......????

C'mon, now.

I don't think some of you realize what 93 percent means..Laughing
Fair point. I guess I should say 93% accuracy in a lot of jobs won’t cut it. There’s all kinds of jobs though. 93% accuracy on reports in the business world are bad. Closing 93% of your sales would incredible.

Haha...yes, a like appeared after the topic of likes discrimination came up. What a coincidence.

I just liked Borden’s post above about officiating an hour or so ago. Nothing to do with KU. I don’t keep a spreadsheet, but I’d wager that most of my likes have nothing to do with KU. I hit the like button when I read something particularly funny or interesting.

Wait, UK fans are attacked a ton here? I thought that only I dared to do something so heinous? I assume that you think all these attacks are unjust?
Yeah, well the amount of times you hit the like button compared to me is ridiculously low. I give out likes almost as often as you pleasure yourself to a picture of Bill Self.

Fair point. I guess I should say 93% accuracy in a lot of jobs won’t cut it. There’s all kinds of jobs though. 93% accuracy on reports in the business world are bad. Closing 93% of your sales would incredible.
My entire point is Schooner, you cannot simply say that getting 95% of your calls right, is bad, just because 95% at other jobs, is/could be bad. Its a silly comparison. In basketball, I could do everything right---yet still get the call wrong. At my job, if I do everything right, then its right; excluding mechanical error. Which is very, very rare.

My entire point is Schooner, you cannot simply say that getting 95% of your calls right, is bad, just because 95% at other jobs, is/could be bad. Its a silly comparison. In basketball, I could do everything right---yet still get the call wrong. At my job, if I do everything right, then its right; excluding mechanical error. Which is very, very rare.
I understand but I’m also not the one disagreeing with you.

Yeah, well the amount of times you hit the like button compared to me is ridiculously low. I give out likes almost as often as you pleasure yourself to a picture of Bill Self.

Chin up. Someday you’ll post something funny. Or accurate. Hell, maybe even both.

In the meantime, I’m still waiting for examples of irrational things I’ve said. You do understand that’s what homerism is right?

I gave examples of yours. I could give you plenty of examples of why afamu and others are homers. Why can’t you give me one example? Is it because, as usual, you’re full of shit and make claims you can’t back up?

Btw, are you seriously criticizing how often I hit the like button?Laughing Besides, it probably just seems that way because I don’t like your posts.

Last edited:
Oh, shocker...a disappearing act. Pathetic. I knew you couldn’t do it.

Please refrain from talking out of your ass in the future.

Chin up. Someday you’ll post something funny. Or accurate. Hell, maybe even both.

In the meantime, I’m still waiting for examples of irrational things I’ve said. You do understand that’s what homerism is right?

I gave examples of yours. I could give you plenty of examples of why afamu and others are homers. Why can’t you give me one example? Is it because, as usual, you’re full of shit and make claims you can’t back up?

Btw, are you seriously criticizing how often I hit the like button?Laughing Besides, it probably just seems that way because I don’t like your posts.
This is dumb, I would essentially have to quote most if your posts to prove you are a homer.

You're an odd duck, you have no personality whatsoever and it seems like you only give a shit about KU, Bill Self (you have a serious man crush on that guy) and now scandals because KU is involved in one.

Obviously you think you're doing a good job of hiding your homerism, but you suck at it to be honest. You would have a very hard time finding someone that would disagree with me.

Oh a few KU fans would take your side, but that's for obvious reasons.

Oh, shocker...a disappearing act. Pathetic. I knew you couldn’t do it.

Please refrain from talking out of your ass in the future.
True story, I dropped my phone a few months ago and cracked the screen. It waited until late yesterday to matrix out so bad that I couldn't use it. Verizon can no longer fix these things in house, so I had to have a 3rd party company do it. I just got the phone back.

This is dumb, I would essentially have to quote most if your posts to prove you are a homer.

You're an odd duck, you have no personality whatsoever and it seems like you only give a shit about KU, Bill Self (you have a serious man crush on that guy) and now scandals because KU is involved in one.

Obviously you think you're doing a good job of hiding your homerism, but you suck at it to be honest. You would have a very hard time finding someone that would disagree with me.

Oh a few KU fans would take your side, but that's for obvious reasons.

No personality? The fact that you think you can judge that on a message board is funny in itself, but I'm not getting into a personality debate with you, of all people. If your definition of having personality is being like you, I'll pass.

A Kentucky fan, particularly you, accusing anyone else of being too hometeam-centric is high comedy.

I frankly don't give enough of a shit to "hide" anything. But the point is that homerism = making irrational claims. Y'know, like printing 40-0 T-shirts before a season in which you're an 8 seed, claiming that Kentucky consistently faced final four contenders over the last decade in the SEC, ref conspiracies against your team....stuff like that. I've shown why you're a homer. And you still can't give one example for me.

Your argument boils down to "well yer a KU fan, and you talk about KU a lot, so yer a homer!” Deeerrrrp.

Last edited:
Not sure what everyone is talking about....it's gangsta rap.....no one was shot...it was a G rated concert.

ADVERTISEMENT