ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas is shocked that a show with Snoop Dogg did not provide a family atmosphere

If so, it's pretty ridiculous to think Self wasn't warned.

I think he knew there’d be dancers and money cannons, but expected the language to be censored. And possibly surprised by the poles.

Either way, I don’t see this as part of Self’s message to the NCAA.

Is it really shocking to think that Snoop Dogg didn’t keep his word about censoring his songs after the check cleared?

How much do you think he made? 200k?

Is it really shocking to think that Snoop Dogg didn’t keep his word about censoring his songs after the check cleared?

How much do you think he made? 200k?

I’m guessing Self was prepared for it, but decided it was worth it. He’d just issue the apology and be done with it.

I would imagine that Snoop would sing whatever version he sang during rehearsal.

Only 3 or so songs involved pole dancers, and I’m sure some have mild (or incoherent) langauge. Rehearsal could have given a different impression of what it would entail.

Only 3 or so songs involved pole dancers, and I’m sure some have mild (or incoherent) langauge. Rehearsal could have given a different impression of what it would entail.

I would have me think that something inappropriate for a family event (strippers, stripper poles, bad language) during rehearsal would have been recognized.

It's weird for me to think that it was all some diabolic plan by Snoop Dogg where rehersal looked liked Sunday church and the show looked like Magic City.

I would have me think that something inappropriate for a family event (strippers, stripper poles, bad language) during rehearsal would have been recognized.

It's weird for me to think that it was all some diabolic plan by Snoop Dogg where rehersal looked liked Sunday church and the show looked like Magic City.

You act like the idea of a “gangsta” rapper (or any musician) being rebellious would be shocking. I can guarantee that a band like the Replacements would have gone out of their way to piss off as many people as possible (except they’d have taken it further and destroyed the locker rooms).

My best guess is there was probably some material they didn’t like in the rehearsal, and they asked him to tone it down but he didn’t. They probably weren’t surprised, either. They had the choice to either cancel or go with it.

I wonder if people are actually mad at the program over this. Wish I could read the homeboard because no doubt some there are.

You act like the idea of a “gangsta” rapper (or any musician) being rebellious would be shocking. I can guarantee that a band like the Replacements would have gone out of their way to piss off as many people as possible (except they’d have taken it further and destroyed the locker rooms).

My best guess is there was probably some material they didn’t like in the rehearsal, and they asked him to tone it down but he didn’t. They probably weren’t surprised, either. They had the choice to either cancel or go with it.

Like I said, it would take a stretch of my imagination to believe that there wasn't anything inappropriate rehearsed. They could have prevented the shit show that ensued but felt it was better to allow it to happen and apologize afterwards.

Like I said, it would take a stretch of my imagination to believe that there wasn't anything inappropriate rehearsed. They could have prevented the shit show that ensued but felt it was better to allow it to happen and apologize afterwards.

That’s basically what I just said.

What would you have done? Cancelled at the last minute?

I wonder if people are actually mad at the program over this. Wish I could read the homeboard because no doubt some there are.

Guy on Kentucky board said he’d quit being a Kentucky fan if it happened at Kentucky

Guy on Kentucky board said he’d quit being a Kentucky fan if it happened at Kentucky

Can you reply to him with this

source.gif

Seems a few are really disappointed, some think it’s hilarious, and the majority are in between.

I personally loved it but there is a few sensitive snow flakes on the home board

I’m about 100% certain that this was not a planned attempt to throw up a middle finger to the NCAA. Self and Long are much classier than that. Self left the building as soon as they started showering the money, claiming that he didn’t feel well. Not a coincidence. He was pissed off. And in the presser, he appeared pretty agitated.

Stop with this ridiculous angle.

Reactions: bkingUK
As I said earlier, I think it’s hilarious. But I keep reading about a “family atmosphere”. On what planet does hiring Snoop align with having a family atmosphere? He’s a dope smoking gangsta rapper who sings about money and hos. He’s done it all his life. Hard to believe anybody could be surprised at his performance.

As I said earlier, I think it’s hilarious. But I keep reading about a “family atmosphere”. On what planet does hiring Snoop align with having a family atmosphere? He’s a dope smoking gangsta rapper who sings about money and hos. He’s done it all his life. Hard to believe anybody could be surprised at his performance.

This lol

First off, there are a lot of people involved here. Plenty of organizers beyond Self or Long. From what I read, Self wasn’t even in favor of it. He wanted the guy from Hootie and the Blowfish.

Well, what’s he gonna do at that point?

Maybe it was part of the rehearsal and people who arranged it were aware, but I don’t think Self’s happy about it.

It could also have been a “we don’t like it, but it’s worth it” approach.
LMAO, are you that dense? The time to do something about it was when some numb skull came up with the pee brained idea to bring snoop dogg in. Especially knowing the situation KU and Self are in.

Nevertheless, this is a blue blood program, and Self is an intelligent guy, don't tell me Self doesn’t know who Snoop is and what he does. He should have never allowed that to happen.

Yeah, you're right, when he walked past the stripper pole, it certainly was too late, but you still have to do something about it.

Don't try to defend KU or Self here, it'll just make you look worse than you already do.

Always someone else's fault huh?

Lets do this, switch the name "Bill Self" to "John Calipari" and the school from "KU" to "UK". Now tell us where you stand.

Yeah, I thought so. You're such a homer man.

That’s basically what I just said.

What would you have done? Cancelled at the last minute?
Uhhh yeah. You don't allow that shit to go on at a program like KU.

Would you allow strippers and foul language at a party at your house if your young kids and grandparents were there?

I don't care when you realize it's a bad idea, you put a stop to it.

Last edited:
Always someone else's fault huh?

Lets do this, switch the name "Bill Self" to "John Calipari" and the school from "KU" to "UK". Now tell us where you stand.

Yeah, I thought so. You're such a homer man.
zero doubt,he'd flip the switch if it was UK/Cal.He'd lead the charge. Not just this, but the whole NOA, etc.

I’m about 100% certain that this was not a planned attempt to throw up a middle finger to the NCAA. Self and Long are much classier than that. Self left the building as soon as they started showering the money, claiming that he didn’t feel well. Not a coincidence. He was pissed off. And in the presser, he appeared pretty agitated.

Stop with this ridiculous angle.
Yeah, he left so he can play the same card Pitino tried to play.

You can't possibly be this naive.

You're trying to convince everyone that Bill Self is totally oblivious to who and what Snoop Dogg is and does.

Come on man. Again, pretend like this happened at UK. Your reactions would be 180 degrees different. That's how fake you are.

Yeah, he left so he can play the same card Pitino tried to play.

You can't possibly be this naive.

You're trying to convince everyone that Bill Self is totally oblivious to who and what Snoop Dogg is and does.

Come on man. Again, pretend like this happened at UK. Your reactions would be 180 degrees different. That's how fake you are.
Some can't even joke about their own team. He'll grow out of it....hopefully.

Reactions: kyjeff1
zero doubt,he'd flip the switch if it was UK/Cal.He'd lead the charge. Not just this, but the whole NOA, etc.
And now he'll battle me for 4 pages, just to deny he's a huge homer.

If this happened at UK, I'd be pissed at Cal and would be calling him out about it. But it wouldn't happen at UK, because Cal knows what’s going on with HIS program. Same with Roy at UNC and K at Duke. There's no way this crap would happen at any of those schools.

Baracus is trying to tell us that Self is completely disconnected here and apparently he's okay with that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
And now he'll battle me for 4 pages, just to deny he's a huge homer.

If this happened at UK, I'd be pissed at Cal and would be calling him out about it. But it wouldn't happen at UK, because Cal knows what’s going on with HIS program. Same with Roy at UNC and K at Duke. There's no way this crap would happen at any of those schools.

Baracus is trying to tell us that Self is completely disconnected here and apparently he's okay with that.
"disconnected" is almost as bad as compliance.

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT