ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas is shocked that a show with Snoop Dogg did not provide a family atmosphere

I’m assuming this was not Bill Self’s idea. I can only imagine him and Jeff Long walking into the meeting tomorrow doing their best R. Kelly impression

tenor.gif

Jayhawks on Fire!
What a way to start the season. It looks like Self is ready to bring another ship back to KU

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I’m pretty sure that one song repeats “I wanna **** you” over and over. Bill said they were told that it would be radio friendly.

Last edited:
Literally couldn’t stop laughing when they rolled out the strippers

I have a hard time thinking KU was hoodwinked. I think it was a calculated move.

giphy.gif

I doubt it. Bill seemed genuinely pissed. Said that he left after the first few songs because he “didn’t feel good.”

I highly doubt that he or Jeff Long would welcome the language and pole dancing at an event that’s supposed to be family friendly. Not the kind of press and attention they want.

I doubt it. Bill seemed genuinely pissed. Said that he left after the first few songs because he “didn’t feel good.”

I highly doubt that he or Jeff Long would welcome the language and pole dancing at an event that’s supposed to be family friendly. Not the kind of press and attention they want.
He literally walked right past a stipper pole prior to introducing Snoop Dogg. (video above). You can see him looking right at the Nasty Dogg mascot with a blunt prop.

I don't by the naive angle.

Is two live crew seriously doing BBM??? I saw them in concert on spring break in college. Hell I didn’t know they’d ever had a hit since “tootsie roll” or whatever the title of that song is lol. But granted I gave up on rap music when soldier boy and Gucci mane because famous, and also the fact that lil Wayne could literally take any other rappers beat and make a better song with it. And I am/was a lil Wayne fan, self proclaimed, “best rapper alive” assuming he’s still alive, i know he’s hasn’t multiple drug/law enforcement problems but like I said I don’t follow rap anymore. Last cd I bought was two chainz first album, which was really good, but that’s how long it’s been since I’ve lisyened to much rap.

If u like rap and haven’t heard lil Wayne’s “Knuck if u buck” remix it’s worth looking up. Hell Wayne put out entire albums remixing other artists beats and almost all of them were better than the originals IMO. “No Ceilings” if Im remembering correctly is one of said albums that stands out in my mind.

Last edited:
Is two live crew seriously doing BBM??? I saw them in concert on spring break in college. Hell I didn’t know they’d ever had a hit since “tootsie roll” or whatever the title of that song is lol.
I remember when there was a 2 Live Crew/Insane Clown Posse concert in Lawrence back around 2003. It was the night Topeka invaded Mass. St. in downtown Lawrence. Scariest day for that town since Quantrill’s Raid.

He literally walked right past a stipper pole prior to introducing Snoop Dogg. (video above). You can see him looking right at the Nasty Dogg mascot with a blunt prop.

I don’t have a dog in the fight but at the point he walked right past the stripper pole the ship had already left the port. What would have been his option, just cancel the concert and deal with that backlash. Granted he should of had a better idea of what the “concert” was goin to include beforehand, but his lack of control regarding the atmosphere around the program Is right down his alley.

Last edited:
Cal getting 2Live Crew at Madness will have that place popping.

Are they still popular? I wouldn’t think college age kids these days would even be old enough to remember “tootsie roll”

Granted it’s a classic but I literally can’t think of a single other song they have, but as mentioned I don’t follow rap like I did in HS and college.

Well, what’s he gonna do at that point?

Maybe it was part of the rehearsal and people who arranged it were aware, but I don’t think Self’s happy about it.

It could also have been a “we don’t like it, but it’s worth it” approach.

And don’t get me wrong I’m not just trying to hate on UK for having them, although I’ll gladly admit I hate UK, just seems like a weird choice of artists.

Oh ok I asked if two live crew was seriously doing bbm and the response was two live crew is gonna have that place rocking.

Just went over my head. I’m just not real big on these circus midnight madness events. Well except Louisville Live which was pure genius by coach Mack........sarcasm, or is it??????? Hmmmmmm

Reactions: oldsports_
Is two live crew seriously doing BBM??? I saw them in concert on spring break in college. Hell I didn’t know they’d ever had a hit since “tootsie roll” or whatever the title of that song is lol. But granted I gave up on rap music when soldier boy and Gucci mane because famous, and also the fact that lil Wayne could literally take any other rappers beat and make a better song with it. And I am/was a lil Wayne fan, self proclaimed, “best rapper alive” assuming he’s still alive, i know he’s hasn’t multiple drug/law enforcement problems but like I said I don’t follow rap anymore. Last cd I bought was two chainz first album, which was really good, but that’s how long it’s been since I’ve lisyened to much rap.

If u like rap and haven’t heard lil Wayne’s “Knuck if u buck” remix it’s worth looking up. Hell Wayne put out entire albums remixing other artists beats and almost all of them were better than the originals IMO. “No Ceilings” if Im remembering correctly is one of said albums that stands out in my mind.

Me So Horny was a banger

It’s not really stereotyping when we lost a banner over strippers/prostitutes

Oh ok I asked if two live crew was seriously doing bbm and the response was two live crew is gonna have that place rocking.

Just went over my head. I’m just not real big on these circus midnight madness events. Well except Louisville Live which was pure genius by coach Mack........sarcasm, or is it??????? Hmmmmmm
I like you, but if you had ask "is 2livecrew seriously doing BBM"...

Its hard to believe this event started with a simple 1.5 mile run around Byrd Stadium and has reached its peak with a performance by Snoop Dogg and some strippers.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
ADVERTISEMENT