ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas is shocked that a show with Snoop Dogg did not provide a family atmosphere

And now he'll battle me for 4 pages, just to deny he's a huge homer.

If this happened at UK, I'd be pissed at Cal and would be calling him out about it. But it wouldn't happen at UK, because Cal knows what’s going on with HIS program. Same with Roy at UNC and K at Duke. There's no way this crap would happen at any of those schools.

Baracus is trying to tell us that Self is completely disconnected here and apparently he's okay with that.
Why would you be mad if this happened at UK? This is a complete non-story that nobody will remember in 3 months.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Why would you be mad if this happened at UK? This is a complete non-story that nobody will remember in 3 months.
It's a bad look. Maybe mad isn't the right word to use, disapointed might be better, but I certainly wouldn’t act like it's nothing and pretend like Calipari didn’t know who Snoop is.

If this happened at UK I’d be embarrassed but still laughing my ass off, personally

Self and the AD almost definitely didn’t understand Snoop Dogg. Have a very hard time believing otherwise. Much more likely that they are old dudes who can’t name more than 2 Snoop Dogg songs, which makes it all the more hilarious. When Calipari has rappers around this it’s always as guests or fans of the program. They never perform. That’s where KU screwed up.

Reactions: speedfrk
It's a bad look. Maybe mad isn't the right word to use, disapointed might be better, but I certainly wouldn’t act like it's nothing and pretend like Calipari didn’t know who Snoop is.
I don’t think he claimed Self didn’t know who Snoop was. I think he was just saying Self was under the impression he was going to play the G rated version. I mean, that makes a lot of sense, right? It’s not like Self reached out to Snoop, was the primary point of contact between the school and his agent, got copied onto all messages, etc. There was probably a dozen or more people involved on KU’s side that had more to do with setting this up than him. It’s not a surprise at all to think that he was told there would be a G rated show.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
All I want to know is, did Bill puff on that fatty?
6576484_dogg.jpg

First off, there are a lot of people involved here. Plenty of organizers beyond Self or Long. From what I read, Self wasn’t even in favor of it. He wanted the guy from Hootie and the Blowfish.

My post wasn’t directed at any ONE person in particular. But hiring Snoop for an event and being shocked that it wasn’t family friendly is like buying a puppy and being upset when he shits in the floor.

You’d be embarrassed? Didn’t you go to Mitch McConnell’s house in Louisville once to protest with a bunch of women? Was that more or less embarrassing than this?

Winking

Correction. I rode my bike by a protest that was blocks away from my house for sheer entertainment and I’d do it again.

And as I recall, it was you who posted his address on this board, which I subsequently forwarded to my fiancé, who forwarded to her liberal friends who forwarded to god knows who...

So, it’s not impossible that YOU caused that protest

I don’t think he claimed Self didn’t know who Snoop was. I think he was just saying Self was under the impression he was going to play the G rated version. I mean, that makes a lot of sense, right? It’s not like Self reached out to Snoop, was the primary point of contact between the school and his agent, got copied onto all messages, etc. There was probably a dozen or more people involved on KU’s side that had more to do with setting this up than him. It’s not a surprise at all to think that he was told there would be a G rated show.
I know exactly what he's trying to say. He's making a whole bunch.of excuses that he certainly wouldn’t be making if this was Calipari and UK.

So, Self walked right by the stripper poles and the bear with the (allegedly) fake joint, but apparently it was too late to put a stop to it??? Sorry, but that's laughable.

Again, if this was UK, Baracus would be ripping us UK fans. You gonna deny that?

Correction. I rode my bike by a protest that was blocks away from my house for sheer entertainment and I’d do it again.

And as I recall, it was you who posted his address on this board, which I subsequently forwarded to my fiancé, who forwarded to her liberal friends who forwarded to god knows who...

Why does your wife have liberal friends?

I know exactly what he's trying to say. He's making a whole bunch.of excuses that he certainly wouldn’t be making if this was Calipari and UK.

So, Self walked right by the stripper poles and the bear with the (allegedly) fake joint, but apparently it was too late to put a stop to it??? Sorry, but that's laughable.

Again, if this was UK, Baracus would be ripping us UK fans. You gonna deny that?
Bear? Bruh....Snoop DOGG.

If Self puts an end to it because he walks by and sees that just before the show it would be a much worse look, IMO.

Self and the AD almost definitely didn’t understand Snoop Dogg. Have a very hard time believing otherwise. Much more likely that they are old dudes who can’t name more than 2 Snoop Dogg songs, which makes it all the more hilarious. When Calipari has rappers around this it’s always as guests or fans of the program. They never perform. That’s where KU screwed up.

I just got an image of bill self rolling in a 64 impala with switches

Hilarious

giphy.gif

The biggest shock to me was that Snoop still performs honestly. I thought he quit that years ago.

Ruined beyond repair.RollLaugh

What exactly am I making excuses for? I think it was poor judgment by all involved (even though the students loved it). My point is that this theory that Self arranged/planned this as a statement to the NCAA is ******ed at best. Self didn’t organize or sign off on a routine with pole dancing and money cannons to stick it to the NCAA. Idiots. In fact, he was visibly pissed.

Like I mentioned before, Self wanted the guy from Hootie. They couldn’t get him, so the associate athletic director for marketing went after Snoop, primarily because of the Adidas connection.

And yeah, its possible that Self is ignorant of Snoop’s antics. He’s a middle aged Oklahoman. He grew up on country music. Garth Brooks was his college roommate. He doesn’t give two shits about rap.

It may have been foolish for those involved to think that Snoop would tone it down, but several other rappers (with less than clean reputations) have performed Late Night with no issues.

And I have no interest in “battling” you for 4 pages. That only happens because you’re too idiotic to grasp the point the first 16 times.

If Self puts an end to it because he walks by and sees that just before the show it would be a much worse look, IMO.
Much worse look for who? I disagree. If you see stripper poles and fake joints and you know this is snoop dogg, you put an end to it or get ahold of the one that coordinated the whole thing. You don't just walk by and do nothing.

This is something even juco schools don't do, this is KU we're talking about though.

But again, if this was UK, how would you feel about it? We all know how Baracys would feel, even though he’s gonna lie and say he'd feel the same.

Much worse look for who? I disagree. If you see stripper poles and fake joints and you know this is snoop dogg, you put an end to it or get ahold of the one that coordinated the whole thing. You don't just walk by and do nothing.

This is something even juco schools don't do, this is KU we're talking about though.

But again, if this was UK, how would you feel about it? We all know how Baracys would feel, even though he’s gonna lie and say he'd feel the same.
If it was UK there’s a 30% chance I never even open the thread about it. That’s how little I would care.

And yeah, I think it would be a bad look. He’d have thousands of fans in the audience + his team + recruits all excited about something and then he says shows over go home because he didn’t like some props? That would be a terrible look, IMO.

Ruined beyond repair.RollLaugh

What exactly am I making excuses for? I think it was poor judgment by all involved (even though the students loved it). My point is that this theory that Self arranged/planned this as a statement to the NCAA is ******ed at best. Self didn’t organize or sign off on a routine with pole dancing and money cannons to stick it to the NCAA. Idiots. In fact, he was visibly pissed.

Like I mentioned before, Self wanted the guy from Hootie. They couldn’t get him, so the associate athletic director for marketing went after Snoop, primarily because of the Adidas connection.

And yeah, its possible that Self is ignorant of Snoop’s antics. He’s a middle aged Oklahoman. He grew up on country music. Garth Brooks was his college roommate. He doesn’t give two shits about rap.

It may have been foolish for those involved to think that Snoop would tone it down, but several other rappers (with less than clean reputations) have performed Late Night with no issues.

And I have no interest in “battling” you for 4 pages. That only happens because you’re too idiotic to grasp the point the first 16 times.
Ypu never answered the question. If this was Calipari and UK, what would you ba saying right now. Don't lie, we all know what you would be saying, but I have a feeling you're going to try to say you would feel the same way.

Please do that, I need the laugh.

If it was UK there’s a 30% chance I never even open the thread about it. That’s how little I would care.

And yeah, I think it would be a bad look. He’d have thousands of fans in the audience + his team + recruits all excited about something and then he says shows over go home because he didn’t like some props? That would be a terrible look, IMO.
So he'd rather let the world see a complete drug and strip show in AFH?

So he'd rather let the world see a complete drug and strip show in AFH?
There were no drugs or strippers from what I remember. Just fake drugs and fake strippers. I’m honestly a little disappointed that neither were the real thing.

I really don’t see why this is a big deal. I mean, I don’t think it is. I think barely anybody will care enough about this to remember it about the program and the recruits and players seemed to enjoy it. I mean, they matter a whole lot more than some 50 year old with his kids, right? I definitely don’t think the NCAA will do anything about this or use it in any examination of the school. If I’m wrong feel free to bump this. I just don’t think it’s a big deal.

It is really not a big deal at all. Anyone who thinks it is is a giant loser and get beat up in high school.

Last edited:
Ypu never answered the question. If this was Calipari and UK, what would you ba saying right now. Don't lie, we all know what you would be saying, but I have a feeling you're going to try to say you would feel the same way.

Please do that, I need the laugh.

You think that I’d claim that this was a plot by Calipari to stick it to the NCAA? Really? No, I’ll leave that to you clowns.

There were no drugs or strippers from what I remember. Just fake drugs and fake strippers. I’m honestly a little disappointed that neither were the real thing.

I really don’t see why this is a big deal. I mean, I don’t think it is. I think barely anybody will care enough about this to remember it about the program and the recruits and players seemed to enjoy it. I mean, they matter a whole lot more than some 50 year old with his kids, right? I definitely don’t think the NCAA will do anything about this or use it in any examination of the school. If I’m wrong feel free to bump this. I just don’t think it’s a big deal.
Agree with this. Sure it wasn't pg for the kids in the audience (BBM has a lot of kids), but the oversized blunt the mascot was obviously fake. I'm not sure about the money, the singles could have been fake, and I'm guessing most of the women had some type of fake parts. But yeah, it's just ammo for the rivals to use, no one was hurt in the making of the shitshow.

*UK's BBM usually sets the stage for Madnesses, but Im guessing ours is going to be lame compared to KU's. We'll see this Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1 and RipThru

The idea that this will affect the investigation or punishment is hilarious. Makes zero difference whether it was Snoop or Michael Buble.

Agree with this. Sure it wasn't pg for the kids in the audience (BBM has a lot of kids), but the oversized blunt the mascot was obviously fake. I'm not sure about the money, the singles could have been fake, and I'm guessing most of the women had some type of fake parts. But yeah, it's just ammo for the rivals to use, no one was hurt in the making of the shitshow.

*UK's BBM usually sets the stage for Madnesses, but Im guessing ours is going to be lame compared to KU's. We'll see this Friday.
They were only singles? So Snoop made it rain like 74 dollars? What a baller.

I believe this to be true, swinger liberals eat the best muff, inss
No one wants a conservative lover. Plus it's just more fun f'ing someone I disagree with on most topcs. (you really don't want to abort this baby I'm about to put into you?)...fine, I'll just put the ingredients on your breast.

too far?

Reactions: RipThru
My post wasn’t directed at any ONE person in particular. But hiring Snoop for an event and being shocked that it wasn’t family friendly is like buying a puppy and being upset when he shits in the floor.

Who said that they were shocked? Did you take the thread title seriously? LOL.

There’s a difference between pissed and shocked, right?

In his statement, Long mentioned that they moved the performance to the end so that people could skip it without missing the other events. I don’t think that anyone was shocked; but yes, it appears that they expected/hoped for a cleaner version.

Well, you can bet that I’m not the one folllowing him into threads and quoting 16 of his posts.Laughing
haha, no offense dude, but you are the guy that has to have the last word when it comes to KU. It's ok, it shows you're a fan.

also, iirc @kyjeff1 was tagged and invited to that thread by the
constamment protagonist. @Random UK Fan

Last edited:
haha, no offense dude, but you are the guy that has to have the last word when it comes to KU. It's ok, it shows you're a fan.

If you’ve read my exchanges with him and your takeaway is that I’m the one who has to have the last word, I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve generally said all I want to say within the first two posts.

If you’ve read my exchanges with him and your takeaway is that I’m the one who has to have the last word, I don’t know what to tell you. I’ve generally said all I want to say within the first two posts.
Laughing OK. so why do you carry on consistently and usually the last one to post?

I bet if I post in said thread, I could trigger you to respond. Everyone triggers you to respond, especially if it's a UK fan. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm not judging, but come on, don't be Bill Self and play ignorant. Winking

Laughing OK. so why do you carry on consistently and usually the last one to post?

I bet if I post in said thread, I could trigger you to respond. Everyone triggers you to respond, especially if it's a UK fan. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm not judging, but come on, don't be Bill Self and play ignorant. Winking

Ha... I ignore a lot of troll attenpts actually. Am I not expected to respond when someone quotes every post I made in the thread? What does getting in A word have to do with getting the last word, anyway?

Btw, there literally aren’t two easier people to “trigger” than the two of you.

Ha... I ignore a lot of troll attenpts actually. Am I not expected to respond when someone quotes every post I made in the thread? What does getting in A word have to do with getting the last word, anyway?

Btw, there literally aren’t two easier people to “trigger” than the two of you.
Damn, Now I know how you feel when I said you are easily triggered. Laughing

I'm thinking like "whaaaa" I don't constantly engage over and over and over, I usually go right to surrender and let ppl stay wrong instead of proving them wrong.

But touche. :D

ADVERTISEMENT