ADVERTISEMENT

Kans-ass

Sustained success over many years gives context. If you look at 2015 Wichita St in a vacuum, you might say that’s a deserved 7 seed that didn’t prove much throughout the year. But when you know it’s the same core group that was the overall 1 seed a year earlier and reached the final four two years earlier, you realize it was an underseeded team. Like I said, it’s pretty laughable to compare them to a Peacocks team that no one had ever heard of and will probably never be heard from again.

Look at St Peter’s schedule. That was not a good team. They just got a little hot and won a few games vs a Kentucky team that limped to the finish line, an average midmajor, and a Purdue team that struggled down the stretch. When they faced a team that was actually playing well, they were thoroughly embarrassed.
That 2015 team was missing pieces that the 2014 had. Mainly, Cleanthony Early, it was a far cry from their 2014 juggernaut that lost in the 2nd round to… .?

Fact is, WSU finally got a shot at KU and they played like they wanted to prove something… .then promptly got their asses beat the next round.

That 2015 team was missing pieces that the 2014 had. Mainly, Cleanthony Early, it was a far cry from their 2014 juggernaut that lost in the 2nd round to… .?

Fact is, WSU finally got a shot at KU and they played like they wanted to prove something… .then promptly got their asses beat the next round.

You can't prove something if you don't have the horses. Do you actually think St Peter's was a better team than Wichita St? Come on, man.

Wichita played in a much better conference than St Peter's and went 30-5. Peacocks were 22-12 and lost to teams like St Francis Brooklyn, Stony Brook, Siena, Canisius, Rider, etc. When they played a halfway decent team throughout the year, they couldn't compete. They didn't suddenly flip the switch and become talented in March. Their tourney run had more to do with what Kentucky and Purdue didn't do than what St Peter's did. Wichita, meanwhile, lost to a top 10 Notre Dame team that almost (probably should have) beaten your undefeated Kentucky team.

Wichita St was #11 on Kenpom, Northern Iowa was #27, Bradley was #25. The Peacocks were #102. All these teams were underseeded and much better than St Peter's. The Bucknell loss is the only one that was comparable.

Reactions: HawksJ
You can't prove something if you don't have the horses. Do you actually think St Peter's was a better team than Wichita St? Come on, man.

Wichita played in a much better conference than St Peter's and went 30-5. Peacocks were 22-12 and lost to teams like St Francis Brooklyn, Stony Brook, Siena, Canisius, Rider, etc. When they played a halfway decent team throughout the year, they couldn't compete. They didn't suddenly flip the switch and become talented in March. Their tourney run had more to do with what Kentucky and Purdue didn't do than what St Peter's did. Wichita, meanwhile, lost to a top 10 Notre Dame team that almost (probably should have) beaten your undefeated Kentucky team.

Wichita St was #11 on Kenpom, Northern Iowa was #27, Bradley was #25. The Peacocks were #102. All these teams were underseeded and much better than St Peter's. The Bucknell loss is the only one that was comparable.
I never said SP was a better team overall than WSU, but in their tournament run, they took out 3 really good teams, shut down last years NPOY and this years NPOY. They made it to the E8.

WSU 2015 was very good, but not close to what they were in 2014.

They thumped KU by 13, then got jacked by ND in the next round. ND then lost to UK, who lost to Saint Peters 7 years later.

2 + 2 = SP > WSU.

• Haha
I never said SP was a better team overall than WSU, but in their tournament run, they took out 3 really good teams, shut down last years NPOY and this years NPOY. They made it to the E8.

WSU 2015 was very good, but not close to what they were in 2014.

They thumped KU by 13, then got jacked by ND in the next round. ND then lost to UK, who lost to Saint Peters 7 years later.

2 + 2 = SP > WSU.

Seems legit. 😆

In seriousness, if winning a few tourney games mitigates the loss, why do people crush KU for losing to VCU? They won 5 tourney games and in dominant fashion. Short of winning it all, they couldn’t have done much more. They looked the part too. That team had some athletes.

Seems legit. 😆

In seriousness, if winning a few tourney games mitigates the loss, why do people crush KU for losing to VCU? They won 5 tourney games and in dominant fashion. Short of winning it all, they couldn’t have done much more. They looked the part too. That team had some athletes.
I never listed VCU.

What's weird is, I listed Bradley, WSU, UNI and Bucknel, KU's version of AFAMU responded with "but, but, but… VCU… ".

I never listed VCU.

What's weird is, I listed Bradley, WSU, UNI and Bucknel, KU's version of AFAMU responded with "but, but, but… VCU… ".
That Bradley team had an NBA draft pick. Another high level player that I believe had a cup of coffee in the nba and a long overseas career. They were decent.

Who still says butthurt?

And I was more commenting on your troll-like behavior. Hawkit though is usually funny with his trolling. You not so much.
So, you went from comparing yourself to Hawkit, now you've changed it to comparing me to him. Awesome.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Can’t believe this thread is a pissing match about who has the better (or worst) 1st round loss. If you lose 1st round to a 13 seed or lower then guess what your team just wasn’t that good that year. Thankfully KU has only lost 1st round twice in their 33 straight NCAA tournaments.

I haven’t read the whole thread.

Is there a Kentucky fan actually comparing Self’s March resume to Cal’s?

Are we including NIT games and first round embarrassments, or just championships?

I haven’t read the whole thread.

Is there a Kentucky fan actually comparing Self’s March resume to Cal’s?

Are we including NIT games and first round embarrassments, or just championships?
Should we compare all stats NCAAT? Self just won his second title but Calipari has more overall wins and more FF's

*of course they're 1-1 Championship games. it'd be great if we met this year to settle the score if you make it that far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Should we compare all stats NCAAT? Self just won his second title but Calipari has more overall wins and more FF's

*of course they're 1-1 Championship games. it'd be great if we met this year to settle the score if you make it that far.

Does this include vacated wins?

Compare whatever you want.

What happened in the ancient past isn’t that interesting, though. Denny Crum had a nice run once too.

Compare whatever you want.

drunk-dancing-drunk-girls.gif

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT