ADVERTISEMENT

Kans-ass

Some of KU's wins over UK came when UK was at its worst too. You beat our 9-16 team (by 3 points mind you), we suck this year and you guys beat us in Pitino's first year when we were on probation.

You KU fans sure make a lot of f*cking excuses.

Heck, all of you KU fans made excuses for the 3 losses your league had in the challenge this year, which was sooo weird.
Difference is, we played you a couple times at your worst. You played us 20 times at our worst.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Saint Peters > Bradly, Bucknell, Wichita St & NIU
Those losses sucked, but they’re all much better basketball programs than St Peter’s.

And comparing Wichita St is a joke. They were the overall 1 seed the year before and went to the final four the year before that. 😂

That Shockers team was ranked 1 place lower than KU on Kenpom. They were the better team at that point in the season.

Wichita State literally won 30 games and went to the final four.

UNI was one of the best mid-major programs with a history of tourney upsets.

He’s got a point on Bucknell. Embarrassing loss. They happen.
Yea I know northern iowa UNI. NIU is northern illinois. That dummy. If you're going to make fun of people get the info right.

• Haha
LOL, you beat us during our 9-16 season, so you literally beat us during our worst and you beat us again this year, which, again, is one of our worst teams. It shouldn't be, but it is.

You guys are time framing AND making up excuses for being so far behind UK h2h and I gotta tell ya, that’s some weak sauce.

UK is down big to uNC, but you don't see us making excuses for it, we lost those games and it doesn’t matter when we lost them.

No one’s denying the all-time record. Just pointing out that it says nothing about the current state of the programs, or even the entire modern era.

Again, I’d never brag that KU has a huge h2h lead vs K-State in football.

Some of KU's wins over UK came when UK was at its worst too. You beat our 9-16 team (by 3 points mind you), we suck this year and you guys beat us in Pitino's first year when we were on probation.

You KU fans sure make a lot of f*cking excuses.

Heck, all of you KU fans made excuses for the 3 losses your league had in the challenge this year, which was sooo weird.
I’ve never complained about Kentucky having dominance over ku in the head to head. 24-11 is legit anyway you slice it. I do remember when it was 22-6 so Ku is starting to claw back into it. As far as the series goes, I do believe if Pitino wouldn’t have declared that Kentucky would never play at Allen field house while he was coach (after the 150-105 loss) and would have continued the home and home through out the 90’s Kansas would have made up some ground ( probably win 91-95, Kentucky takes 96-98, toss up for 99). But even that only adds 1-2 more wins to the series for Kansas. I hope they play every year because I want to play the best competition…even if we lose.

I’ve never complained about Kentucky having dominance over ku in the head to head. 24-11 is legit anyway you slice it. I do remember when it was 22-6 so Ku is starting to claw back into it. As far as the series goes, I do believe if Pitino wouldn’t have declared that Kentucky would never play at Allen field house while he was coach (after the 150-105 loss) and would have continued the home and home through out the 90’s Kansas would have made up some ground ( probably win 91-95, Kentucky takes 96-98, toss up for 99). But even that only adds 1-2 more wins to the series for Kansas. I hope they play every year because I want to play the best competition…even if we lose.
It was 150-95, but thanks for the extra ten points. 😁

Those losses sucked, but they’re all much better basketball programs than St Peter’s.

And comparing Wichita St is a joke. They were the overall 1 seed the year before and went to the final four the year before that. 😂

That Shockers team was ranked 1 place lower than KU on Kenpom. They were the better team at that point in the season.
The conversation was never about who was/is the better program. It's about who the better team was. Fact is, Saint Peters went to the Elite 8, none of the teams I listed, made the E8 after beating KU.

SP >

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Wichita State literally won 30 games and went to the final four.

UNI was one of the best mid-major programs with a history of tourney upsets.

He’s got a point on Bucknell. Embarrassing loss. They happen.
Check again, KU lost to WSU in the 2015 NCAAT round of 32, they lost their next game to Notre Dame by 11. They made it to the sweet 16.

UNI really doesn’t have that great of a giant slayer reputation, but even if they did, that's not relevant in this discussion.

No one’s denying the all-time record. Just pointing out that it says nothing about the current state of the programs, or even the entire modern era.

Again, I’d never brag that KU has a huge h2h lead vs K-State in football.
At this point, you have stated this enough now, that you literally are bragging about it.

We’re fighting the same battle with uNC, they had a good lead on us, but we have cut it down significantly in the Cal era.

Hopefully Hubert Davis stays there 20 years, we can maybe pull ahead if he does.

LOL. No. Would be silly thing to brag about.
I totally get it.

I never understood why so many UK fans get flustered over Louisville in any sport. UK drags their nuts across their face constantly, it's not even a fair fight most times, but whatevs.

I'm more concerned with the bigger fish in each sport.

I know UK fb isn’t any kind if a big deal, but when you play in the SEC, Louisville is small potatoes compared to what we have to deal with.

Check again, KU lost to WSU in the 2015 NCAAT round of 32, they lost their next game to Notre Dame by 11. They made it to the sweet 16.

UNI really doesn’t have that great of a giant slayer reputation, but even if they did, that's not relevant in this discussion.
Get over it. I don't care that they got to an EE. Nobody excused KU for losing to VCU and they made the final four. St Peters was not a good team. They finished 19-11 and were mediocre in a bad conference. They lost to UNC by 20 points in the EE. About what you'd expect from a 15 seed. They were rightly seeded at 15.

They got hot for a couple games against some teams that played stiff. They beat you then got by an overrated Murray State team that didn't hold a great talent advantage over them. By the time they got to Purdue, Purdue was pissing down their leg before the game even started. They have a reputation for getting tight in the tourney and lived up to it. I'll never pick Purdue in the tourney until they get that monkey off their backs and stop playing so stiff in the tourney.

But St Peter's did get hot, I'll give them that. Teams do get hot. I'd argue that WSU, UNI, etc were all better teams on paper and certainly caught fire in those games against us. The only loss I'll put up there with the St Peter's loss was Bucknell. Bucknell was still a better team overall though and that KU team was inferior to last year's UK team. Simply put, UK had every advantage and was by far the superior team against St Peter's. St Peter's got hot and your guys choked. It happens. It's happened to UK many times before and it's happened to KU many times as well. That's what makes basketball so fun.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Get over it. I don't care that they got to an EE. Nobody excused KU for losing to VCU and they made the final four. St Peters was not a good team. They finished 19-11 and were mediocre in a bad conference. They lost to UNC by 20 points in the EE. About what you'd expect from a 15 seed. They were rightly seeded at 15.

They got hot for a couple games against some teams that played stiff. They beat you then got by an overrated Murray State team that didn't hold a great talent advantage over them. By the time they got to Purdue, Purdue was pissing down their leg before the game even started. They have a reputation for getting tight in the tourney and lived up to it. I'll never pick Purdue in the tourney until they get that monkey off their backs and stop playing so stiff in the tourney.

But St Peter's did get hot, I'll give them that. Teams do get hot. I'd argue that WSU, UNI, etc were all better teams on paper and certainly caught fire in those games against us. The only loss I'll put up there with the St Peter's loss was Bucknell. Bucknell was still a better team overall though and that KU team was inferior to last year's UK team. Simply put, UK had every advantage and was by far the superior team against St Peter's. St Peter's got hot and your guys choked. It happens. It's happened to UK many times before and it's happened to KU many times as well. That's what makes basketball so fun.

Good point about VCU. We had to hear about that for years (still do), and we’re talking about a team that won FIVE tourney games and in dominant fashion. At that point in the season, very few teams were playing better. Plus, VCU is a really solid basketball program.

Bucknell was probably somewhat comparable to St Peter’s. But like you said, that KU team wasn’t as highly regarded as last year’s Kentucky. Langford was badly hampered, and they were probably lucky to end up with a 3 seed. Nobody expected them to go far.

Self's had a few big chokes, but there really hasn't been one in a long time. The worst in the last dozen or so years is Stanford in '14, and I wouldn't call that a huge choke. KU was top 10 per Kenpom and Stanford was 34. But without Embiid, KU wasn't a legit top 10 team. They were a lot closer to Stanford's level at that point.

There are other losses to lower-seeded teams, but you can't automatically label those chokes. Teams are under/overseeded all the time. Wichita St was a 7 seed in '15, but they were 11 per Kenpom and KU was 10. Considering injuries and such, they were just the better team that day. USC was a 6 seed and KU a 3, but USC was 6th on Kenpom and KU was 27. I think the only other team with a lower ranking was the Oregon team that beat them in the Elite 8, and they were just a few spots lower.

Pretty touchy there buddy.

Also, nobody even brought up VCU, I guess we can tack them on too. So that's what, 5 losses to mid majors in the tournament under Self? Yikes.

I had forgotten about that loss to VCU, thanks for reminding me.

You KU fans are easily triggered, not sure why, you have the most recent title and scoreboard over UK, you should at least try to act like it.

Good point about VCU. We had to hear about that for years (still do), and we’re talking about a team that won FIVE tourney games and in dominant fashion. At that point in the season, very few teams were playing better. Plus, VCU is a really solid basketball program.

Bucknell was probably somewhat comparable to St Peter’s. But like you said, that KU team wasn’t as highly regarded as last year’s Kentucky. Langford was badly hampered, and they were probably lucky to end up with a 3 seed. Nobody expected them to go far.

Self's had a few big chokes, but there really hasn't been one in a long time. The worst in the last dozen or so years is Stanford in '14, and I wouldn't call that a huge choke. KU was top 10 per Kenpom and Stanford was 34. But without Embiid, KU wasn't a legit top 10 team. They were a lot closer to Stanford's level at that point.

There are other losses to lower-seeded teams, but you can't automatically label those chokes. Teams are under/overseeded all the time. Wichita St was a 7 seed in '15, but they were 11 per Kenpom and KU was 10. Considering injuries and such, they were just the better team that day. USC was a 6 seed and KU a 3, but USC was 6th on Kenpom and KU was 27. I think the only other team with a lower ranking was the Oregon team that beat them in the Elite 8, and they were just a few spots lower.
You talk about Langford being injured in the Bucknell loss, Tyty Washington (knees) might have been at 70% and Grady probably worse than that (feet). Is what it is, no excuses, we lost, with the NPOY in the paint too.

Also, nobody even brought up VCU, I guess we can tack them on too. So that's what, 5 losses to mid majors in the tournament under Self? Yikes.

You KU fans are easily triggered, not sure why, you have the most recent title and scoreboard over UK, you should at least try to act like it.

Almost lost to a midmajor in the '08 title game too! Damn, that would've been embarrassing...

You talk about Langford being injured in the Bucknell loss, Tyty Washington (knees) might have been at 70% and Grady probably worse than that (feet). Is what it is, no excuses, we lost, with the NPOY in the paint too.

I would expect a KU team to beat Bucknell even with a star limited, but Langford was completely worthless that day. They'd probably have been better off with him on the bench. And he was the only consistent scorer on the team other than Simien.

But that was also 18 years ago and I think Self is a better coach than he was then. He hasn't had a loss like that in a long time.

I would expect a KU team to beat Bucknell even with a star limited, but Langford was completely worthless that day. They'd probably have been better off with him on the bench. And he was the only consistent scorer on the team other than Simien.

But that was also 18 years ago and I think Self is a better coach than he was then. He hasn't had a loss like that in a long time.
The way we lost to USC was pretty bad----it happens to the best of teams some years.

The way we lost to USC was pretty bad----it happens to the best of teams some years.

It was disgusting but a loss is a loss and a win is a win. USC was a much better team and a horrible matchup.

I think that was easily the weakest KU team that I've seen. I know they were an 8 seed in 2000, but I'll take the team with Collison, Hinrich, Gooden, Gregory, Chenowith and Boschee any day.

Reactions: toonces11

You’re the one that’s easily triggered. You have like 80 replies and go nuts every time somebody disagrees with you. I’m could give two shits really. You’re the one making wild statements, others are simply responding to your bad takes. This is my last post in this circle jerk. Enjoy your weekend.

You’re the one that’s easily triggered. You have like 80 replies and go nuts every time somebody disagrees with you. I’m could give two shits really. You’re the one making wild statements, others are simply responding to your bad takes. This is my last post in this circle jerk. Enjoy your weekend.
80 replies? do you have the right guy?

Last edited:
  • Haha
The conversation was never about who was/is the better program. It's about who the better team was. Fact is, Saint Peters went to the Elite 8, none of the teams I listed, made the E8 after beating KU.

SP >

Sustained success over many years gives context. If you look at 2015 Wichita St in a vacuum, you might say that’s a deserved 7 seed that didn’t prove much throughout the year. But when you know it’s the same core group that was the overall 1 seed a year earlier and reached the final four two years earlier, you realize it was an underseeded team. Like I said, it’s pretty laughable to compare them to a Peacocks team that no one had ever heard of and will probably never be heard from again.

Look at St Peter’s schedule. That was not a good team. They just got a little hot and won a few games vs a Kentucky team that limped to the finish line, an average midmajor, and a Purdue team that struggled down the stretch. When they faced a team that was actually playing well, they were thoroughly embarrassed.

Sustained success over many years gives context. If you look at 2015 Wichita St in a vacuum, you might say that’s a deserved 7 seed that didn’t prove much throughout the year. But when you know it’s the same core group that was the overall 1 seed a year earlier and reached the final four two years earlier, you realize it was an underseeded team. Like I said, it’s pretty laughable to compare them to a Peacocks team that no one had ever heard of and will probably never be heard from again.

Look at St Peter’s schedule. That was not a good team. They just got a little hot and won a few games vs a Kentucky team that limped to the finish line, an average midmajor, and a Purdue team that struggled down the stretch. When they faced a team that was actually playing well, they were thoroughly embarrassed.
Sustained success is underrated.

Almost lost to a midmajor in the '08 title game too! Damn, that would've been embarrassing...
Yeah, well KU knocked off one of the best uNC teams in their history earlier in the tournament iirc. Beat em pretty good too.

The game changed around 2016. Veteran teams with an emphasis on offensive execution and long range shooting are what's working right now. Self, Jay Wright, Roy Williams and Drew all got the message, our lame coach has not.

80 takes? I haven't posted 20 times in 2 months. Where have I gone "nuts"?

Are you okay? I think you might need a gummy.

Like I said, you're losing your shit for no reason at all.

ADVERTISEMENT