ADVERTISEMENT

Kans-ass

Our game with Kansas Saturday is going to be interesting. Cal has steadied the ship briefly, whether he continues to sit Wheeler or not will decide if we compete going forward. Kansas coming off 3 losses, possibly. Gonna get drunk and see what happens.

Our game with Kansas Saturday is going to be interesting. Cal has steadied the ship briefly, whether he continues to sit Wheeler or not will decide if we compete going forward. Kansas coming off 3 losses, possibly. Gonna get drunk and see what happens.
You’ll cream us. We have so many guys right now who can’t hit a wide open jumper. We’re a jump shooting driving team that can’t hit a wide open shot or a layup. Right now there is a lot going on between the ears.

You’ll cream us. We have so many guys right now who can’t hit a wide open jumper. We’re a jump shooting driving team that can’t hit a wide open shot or a layup. Right now there is a lot going on between the ears.
We will see. Teams have a habit of cleaning the nets against us at Rupp. I have not doubt you guys will bust out of whatever slump you’re possibly going through. Should be fun either way.

We will see. Teams have a habit of cleaning the nets against us at Rupp. I have not doubt you guys will bust out of whatever slump you’re possibly going through. Should be fun either way.
We aren’t gonna break the slump. That will have to come in AFH against KState.

KU is gonna….wait for it….lose 4 in a row for the first time in Self’s tenure.

Tshiebwe’s 50 pt, 30 rebound game coming this Saturday will be like watching one of those kids who grew to 6-6 by age 11 play middle school ball.

Tshiebwe’s 50 pt, 30 rebound game coming this Saturday will be like watching one of those kids who grew to 6-6 by age 11 play middle school ball.
I am interested to see how Kansas plays him. Obviously they have nobody that can come close to guarding him one-on-one. Do they swarm him as soon as he gets fed in the post to try and force a turnover or make him dish it? Make everyone else try and beat you? That seems like the most logical move. Maybe throw a little zone in there every now and then. He's still gonna get his boards no matter what. On offense they would be smart to go right at him early and often to try and get him in foul trouble.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I am interested to see how Kansas plays him. Obviously they have nobody that can come close to guarding him one-on-one. Do they swarm him as soon as he gets fed in the post to try and force a turnover or make him dish it? Make everyone else try and beat you? That seems like the most logical move. Maybe throw a little zone in there every now and then. He's still gonna get his boards no matter what. On offense they would be smart to go right at him early and often to try and get him in foul trouble.

What does it matter? UK’s offense should be to just throw up 30 footers and watch Tshiebwe easily get 40 rebounds while the KU defenders flail their arms around like inflatable tube man.

#2 in the country state!

20221126_JS_FB_vsKU_024_web.jpg
Gorgeous pic

Self has thrown a lot of different defenses on us in the past. Seen him go box & 1 and triangle & 2, but that was for guards that were going off, I don't believe you can do that in this game, but Self will come up with something.

The series is what it is. When you have to dissect it, you have a loser's argument. Glad you were at least old enough to be around for the big one in 2012.

The series is what it is. When you have to dissect it, you have a loser's argument. Glad you were at least old enough to be around for the big one in 2012.

Well, many years ago, KU did lose more often than Kentucky. If that makes you feel all warm inside, you should probably give Calipari a raise. You're on top of the world!!

^^^.....when faced with facts, deflect with something snarky and irrelevant.

Sort of like deflecting from discussion of the most recent game to a record that was mostly built in the 60s/70s?

It's a fact that KU football leads K-State 65-50, but you don't see us bragging about it. 🤣

You can either accept whole reality, or divvy it up in pieces that make you feel better or fir your narrative. You probably take short cuts in your work too.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
You can either accept whole reality, or divvy it up in pieces that make you feel better or fir your narrative. You probably take short cuts in your work too.

Let's see....one of us follows the defending national champs, coached by the best in the game, and the other is praying for a way out of his coach's lifetime contract.

And I'm the one digging for something to make me feel better? You're right....I lose countless hours of sleep worrying about KU's all-time record vs Kentucky. Please make me feel better. 🤣

Yep. Also a fact that KU football leads K-State 65-50. Whoooo! We're killing 'em!

The Bears have a higher all time win % than the Chiefs! Damn...I'm so jealous of Bears fans!

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
'the best in the game'... opinion.

11-24 ....fact.
When you don't play a series on an annual basis, then dissecting it is very important.

The truth is, KU/UK had an annual series during the 60s and 70s, the worst two decades of Kansas basketball. You played us every year at our worst. If we played every year, not just in the 60s/70s, you'd have had a very competitive series.

If you don't use context, you don't get a realistic picture. For example, KU is 1-0 vs USC in football. Therefore KU football fans should thump their chests at USC?

^^^just more irrelevance. Yaaawwwwwnnn.

Actually, it illustrates just how irrelevant your stat is. Unless you consider the distant past more relevant than the recent past/present. But...gotta cling to something, I guess.

If you pick the time frame of 2 years, the series is now split. I wouldn’t say Self is the best in the game. I don’t know who is? Too many recent losses to make that claim. UK and KU’s losses are teams Kentucky shouldn’t be losing to, and the defending national champs shouldn’t be losing to.

Nobody is impressive this year. Nobody.

Reactions: cdbearde
If you pick the time frame of 2 years, the series is now split. I wouldn’t say Self is the best in the game. I don’t know who is? Too many recent losses to make that claim. UK and KU’s losses are teams Kentucky shouldn’t be losing to, and the defending national champs shouldn’t be losing to.

I'm going to assume you're trolling me because this is just silly.

Self isn't the best coach in the game because he's lost a few recently?

KU shouldn't drop games vs really good teams? The worst team they've lost to was probably K-State, on the road. Btw, you should know that defending champs don't tend to be great. They usually lose in the Sweet 16 or earlier. Generally there's a mass exodus, as there was for KU. Frankly, it's surprising that they're still top 10.

I'll drop this stat from last night right here:

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
Let's see....one of us follows the defending national champs, coached by the best in the game, and the other is praying for a way out of his coach's lifetime contract.

And I'm the one digging for something to make me feel better? You're right....I lose countless hours of sleep worrying about KU's all-time record vs Kentucky. Please make me feel better. 🤣
LOL!

UK pops by AFH last year and puts a baby in Self and the Jayhawks. KU comes to Rupp and escapes a mediocre UK team with a couple of late 3s.

UK lost to KU. Nothing to be ashamed of over it. But to act like slipping past a UK team that accomplished the same thing as South Carolina isn’t exactly chest pounding territory.

When you don't play a series on an annual basis, then dissecting it is very important.

The truth is, KU/UK had an annual series during the 60s and 70s, the worst two decades of Kansas basketball. You played us every year at our worst. If we played every year, not just in the 60s/70s, you'd have had a very competitive series.

If you don't use context, you don't get a realistic picture. For example, KU is 1-0 vs USC in football. Therefore KU football fans should thump their chests at USC?

Kentucky's won 36% of their games vs Marquette. 20% vs Uconn. 25% vs Arizona. 0-3 vs USC.

They're a combined 0-10 vs CCNY, Evansville, Gardner-Webb, Louisiana, Memphis, Middle Tenn, Richmond, St Peter's, San Diego and UTEP.

Ouch!

Kentucky's won 36% of their games vs Marquette. 20% vs Uconn. 25% vs Arizona. 0-3 vs USC.

They're a combined 0-10 vs CCNY, Evansville, Gardner-Webb, Louisiana, Memphis, Middle Tenn, Richmond, St Peter's, San Diego and UTEP.

Ouch!
How long did that take you? And none of those teams are KU. KU doesn't have a winning record against everyone but UK fans aren't going to hide behind other teams.

I know KU fans love "recent history". Calipari and Self are tied since Calipari's been at UK. Using Calipari at Memphis or Self at Tulsa is irrelevant.

ADVERTISEMENT