ADVERTISEMENT

Is Louisville actually a top 25 job?

VaultHunter

Apr 16, 2014
Pandora
Team
West Virginia
To be fair Cincinnati, Florida, Oklahoma State, NC State and San Francisco all have 2 National Championships.

To be fair Cincinnati, Florida, Oklahoma State, NC State and San Francisco all have 2 National Championships.
Are we only going by post-season success or tradition, or currently being 1 of the top 3 revenue, market value, facilities, fanbase, etc?

..and UL has 3. Thier vacated title was bs and everyone watched it.

Indeed. And KU still leads in all-time wins. 😁
I've got no problem with counted vacated wins., Final fours, titles, etc.

NCAA is corrupt so they don't get to say what the fans count.

for example, Calipari has 6 Final Fours, two Runnerups a title more wins than he currently has and three 38 win seasons (all tied for the record).

Depends on what they are willing to pay?
Anything else is just bullshit.

With NIL now a fact, I think it comes down to money that determines where the best jobs are currently and going forward. Tradition and history will still land a few great recruits but the vast majority of great recruits will go where they are paid the best in today's game.

yep, only a matter of time before some really rich people start funding obscure schools they graduated from. Gonna be similar to the rise of Manchester City in English football. They were a doormat forever and then they got bought by a super rich Saudi oil guy and now they've been the best team in England for the past 5+ years.

Would be pretty cool if some billionaire who graduated from some place like Rice or South Dakota State starts buying all the top players and turns it all upside down.

yep, only a matter of time before some really rich people start funding obscure schools they graduated from. Gonna be similar to the rise of Manchester City in English football. They were a doormat forever and then they got bought by a super rich Saudi oil guy and now they've been the best team in England for the past 5+ years.

Would be pretty cool if some billionaire who graduated from some place like Rice or South Dakota State starts buying all the top players and turns it all upside down.
City will get their comeuppance soon enough. No way to wash off 115 + charges. I'm a huge LFC fan and it sickens me that Klopp has not experienced the success he should have garnered if it weren't for the cheating at the hands of City. Fkn bastards.

• Haha
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Yes. Not as elite as UL fans think it is, but it’s CLEARLY a very good job and easily top 25. Also, a job isn’t just judged on the program’s tradition … Texas is a better job than Oklahoma State, but Oklahoma State has significantly better tradition. Certain jobs are better than their tradition (Maryland, Illinois, Florida, etc.), while others are worse (Cincinnati, NC State, etc.). JMO, of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT