ADVERTISEMENT

Kans-ass

LOL!

UK pops by AFH last year and puts a baby in Self and the Jayhawks. KU comes to Rupp and escapes a mediocre UK team with a couple of late 3s.

UK lost to KU. Nothing to be ashamed of over it. But to act like slipping past a UK team that accomplished the same thing as South Carolina isn’t exactly chest pounding territory.

A few months ago you were predicting national dominance and now you're criticizing KU for not blowing you out at home? 🤣 😆

I love it.

P.S. Daddy Bill is now 3-1 in Rupp. Read it and weep!

I'm going to assume you're trolling me because this is just silly.

Self isn't the best coach in the game because he's lost a few recently?

KU shouldn't drop games vs really good teams? The worst team they've lost to was probably K-State, on the road. Btw, you should know that defending champs don't tend to be great. They usually lose in the Sweet 16 or earlier. Generally there's a mass exodus, as there was for KU. Frankly, it's surprising that they're still top 10.

I'll drop this stat from last night right there:

Actually it’s not a troll attempt. Don’t get me wrong, I have a lot of respect :mad: for KU and Self. I see Self as a great coach. I’m not keen on “greatest”, etc. He, along with Cal, seem to stumble at the worst possible times against the most questionable opponents. It happens.

As for stats . . . Taylor Swift has broken all kinds of record sales. Does that make her “The Best”? The statistics say yes, but is that really the feel you get? I sure don’t.

Last edited:
How long did that take you? And none of those teams are KU. KU doesn't have a winning record against everyone but UK fans aren't going to hide behind other teams.

I know KU fans love "recent history". Calipari and Self are tied since Calipari's been at UK. Using Calipari at Memphis or Self at Tulsa is irrelevant.

Not long. It's pretty easy to pull up a list of head to head records.

And if by "recent history," you mean my lifetime of nearly 40 years, yes, I tend to consider that period more relevant.

I mean, if all-time numbers are all we should care about, why does most of your fanbase want to run Calipari out of town? You're on top of the world, no?

Not long. It's pretty easy to pull up a list of head to head records.

And if by "recent history," you mean my lifetime of nearly 40 years, yes, I tend to consider that period more relevant.

I mean, if all-time numbers are all we should care about, why does most of your fanbase want to run Calipari out of town? You're on top of the world, no?
It's the path of least resistance and convenient for you to focus on lately. "Lately", though Calipari and Self are tied.

As far as the last sentence, you should bring that up with those fans.

So now regular season wins matter?

Make up your mind.

When did I say they don't?

Now if Kentucky won it all, while my team was bounced in the first round, I sure as hell wouldn't be bragging about a regular season win for the next 12 mo. But to each their own. 🤣

When did I say they don't?

Now if Kentucky won it all, while my team was bounced in the first round, I sure as hell wouldn't be bragging about a regular season win for the next 12 mo. But to each their own. 🤣
It must be nice to play whichever angle is convenient. Congrats on your win. Stats are still stats.

Reactions: JC for 3
P.S. Daddy Bill is now 3-1 in Rupp. Read it and weep!

South Carolina won by more than “daddy”

raiders-of-the-lost-ark-face-melt.gif

Actually it’s not a troll attempt. Don’t get me wrong, I have a lot of respect :mad: for KU and Self. I see Self as a great coach. I’m not keen on “greatest”, etc. He, along with Cal, seem to stumble at the worst possible times against the most questionable opponents. It happens.

As for stats . . . Taylor Swift has broken all kinds of record sales. Does that make her “The Best”? The statistics say yes, but is that really the feel you get? I sure don’t.

Os6c.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Regular season wins be damned. UK/Calipari is 1-0 against KU in the postseason....or is that too long ago?
KU is a decent team. Not great . . . But decent. UK is slightly below them this season based on the outcome of the game in Rupp. In a 10 game series I could see it going 60/40 KU, but they’re not an intimidating opponent b any means. UK and Iowa State are just a couple of several that have shown that KU is good, not great. KU should’ve come to Rupp and blown UKs doors off. Not sure why they didn’t?

Anyway you can’t reason with Exitfagger. He stays up late trying to figure out how to appear clever. He’ll get there one day.

Self hasn't had many head-scratching losses since his early days at KU.

Which currently active coach has a good argument for being better than Self? Where are all these coaches hiding who have multiple national titles, win 82% of their games, and win a great league almost every single year? 😆

Reactions: KisteK
It must be nice to play whichever angle is convenient.

Agreed.

"Our titles makes us superior to you! [UCLA steps in] Uhhhh....next subject."

"Yeah, you won it all, but scoreboard!!!" Next season: "Who cares about that game...all time record..."

"Calipari has the most ______ in the nation since being hired at Kentucky." Now: "Timeframing is a loser's argument."

KU is a decent team. Not great . . . But decent. UK is slightly below them this season based on the outcome of the game in Rupp. In a 10 game series I could see it going 60/40 KU, but they’re not an intimidating opponent b any means. UK and Iowa State are just a couple of several that have shown that KU is good, not great. KU should’ve come to Rupp and blown UKs doors off. Not sure why they didn’t?

Anyway you can’t reason with Exitfagger. He stays up late trying to figure out how to appear clever. He’ll get there one day.

And some day you'll make somebody laugh. I can feel it.

I can't guarantee that this person will be over 3 years old mind you. And I can't guarantee they won't be laughing at you, but dammit...some day it's gonna happen.

Self hasn't had many head-scratching losses since his early days at KU.

Which currently active coach has a good argument for being better than Self? Where are all these coaches hiding who have multiple national titles, win 82% of their games, and win a great league almost every single year? 😆
Which were those and what qualifies as early days at KU?
Are you discounting those losses as "early days"?

Thats kind of my point; No one. Nor him over anyone else. I wouldn’t trade Cal for Self and Cal isn’t even a good coach.

LOL. And here I thought you were one of the rational Kentucky fans. I could pop into Rupp Rafters for this level of take.

It's entirely too easy to dismiss and diminish every coach.
It doesn't take any effort to be negative, especially when it comes to tribalism.
Yeah, and I’m not saying KU should have a perfect record right now, but I’m just not sure that the teams they’ve lost to are better than them. That’s the head scratcher point I was alluding to.

His first year he lost at home to Richmond. Bucknell, Bradley, etc. I would say Self is a better coach now than in those days.
Was that just his first year and what happened to all the early-round exits to teams like those and Northern Iowa?
*Bucknell put KU out in the first round.
*Bradley put KU out in the first round.
They didn't just happen during his first year at home.

Yeah, and I’m not saying KU should have a perfect record right now, but I’m just not sure that the teams they’ve lost to are better than them. That’s the head scratcher point I was alluding to.

LOL. What? Are you aware that every team they've lost to is in the AP top 20? None of them are head scratchers at all. Now the way they lost a few of them was bad, but shit happens. And the chance of it happening is much greater when you're literally playing a good team every night.

Are you under the impression that they have a loaded roster this year? On one hand, you say that you're not impressed when you watch them. On the other, you're expecting them to have zero losses vs top 20 teams and to cruise through the #1 SOS.

Doesn't add up.

Reactions: KisteK
Was that just his first year and what happened to all the early-round exits to teams like those and Northern Iowa?
...wasn't Vermont a team that put them out as well?

So are those teams’ rankings too low or KU’s too high?

Not trying to be an ass, but this line of thinking makes no sense. By your logic, the best team in the country should go undefeated every year.

You'd be hard-pressed to find any highly-ranked team that only lost to higher-ranked teams. That's a pretty insane standard. It's like saying that because Calipari's had a talent advantage in 99% of his games, he should have won 99% of them.

As for KU's ranking, I don't know where they should be frankly. I'm not sure if their roster is even top 15 talent-wise, and they're certainly not that deep or athletic, but I do think they're probably a legit top 10 team when factoring in coaching.

I wasn't saying that all happened in his first year.

I can't think of many truly head-scratching losses over the last decade or so. But every coach has the occasional head-scratcher anyway, so I'm not sure what the point is.

I know you’re not. You’re one of my faves. I’m not saying I disagree with anything you’re saying. You’re not wrong. I’m not right. It’s just my opinion. It’ll cost you what it’s worth.

KU's schedule since Jan 14:

AP #11
@ AP #12
AP #17
@ AP #14
@ Rupp
AP #12
@ AP #11
AP #5

TCU would probably be higher than 17 if they hadn't lost their two best players since that game. Probably a legit top 10 team at full strength and the toughest team KU's faced.

Self isn't impervious to criticism, but damn...the Big 12 is no picnic this year.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
KU's schedule since Jan 14:

AP #11
@ AP #12
AP #17
@ AP #14
@ Rupp
AP #12
@ AP #11
AP #5

TCU would probably be higher than 17 if they hadn't lost their two best players since that game. Probably a legit top 10 team at full strength and the toughest team KU's faced.

Self isn't impervious to criticism, but damn...the Big 12 is no picnic this year.
My thought are likely based on how UK managed to stay close in our game. Not sure whether UK over performed or KU underperformed. It makes it confusing.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
How long did that take you? And none of those teams are KU. KU doesn't have a winning record against everyone but UK fans aren't going to hide behind other teams.

I know KU fans love "recent history". Calipari and Self are tied since Calipari's been at UK. Using Calipari at Memphis or Self at Tulsa is irrelevant.
It’s not that KU fans only like recent history. Of course all history is important. What we’re saying is it’s silly to pump your chest about owning Kansas when most of those games came against KU’s worst teams. Here’s a hypothetical. Let’s say Vanderbilt played KState(in football) 8 times in the 80s then played them again this year and lost. Then Vandy fans instead of accepting defeat instead started bragging about owning the series 8-1, because they played KState in the 80s, when KState was terrible.

All teams stumble at weird times against questionable foes. That is what makes basketball so unpredictable and fun.

Now if you’re talking about tourney losses then I’d agree. Though Self seems to have gotten those out of his system and most of those losses were the first half of his tenure where as his teams tend to do rather well in the tourney now. Very few bad losses lately. Calipari on the other hand is the opposite. His earlier teams lived up to their seeding more often and often times outperformed expectations. It’s his recent teams that have stumbled more often both in the regular season and in the tourney.

My thought are likely based on how UK managed to stay close in our game. Not sure whether UK over performed or KU underperformed. It makes it confusing.

I'd say that Kentucky's roster is more talented than KU's. I wouldn't expect any coach to take KU's roster into Rupp and blow them out. Don't forget that every Kentucky fan was picking UK to win and by a decent margin.

KU has a legit All-American candidate. But even he will struggle now and then against athletic defenders. He's also a very streaky shooter. The only other consistent scorer that KU has is Dick, and he hit the freshman wall recently and started firing up bricks.

Teams know that if you face guard Dick and limit Wilson's ability to drive right, you can limit their production and the rest of the team isn't likely to consistently hurt you. Harris isn't particularly fast or athletic or a great shooter, Adams is a 6'7 center, and the other starter is a wing with average athleticism who can't shoot. They rarely get any production from the bench.

The blueprint for stopping KU has been out since early in the season, yet Self's still been able to manufacture points pretty consistently vs a really rough schedule.

When you don't play a series on an annual basis, then dissecting it is very important.

The truth is, KU/UK had an annual series during the 60s and 70s, the worst two decades of Kansas basketball. You played us every year at our worst. If we played every year, not just in the 60s/70s, you'd have had a very competitive series.

If you don't use context, you don't get a realistic picture. For example, KU is 1-0 vs USC in football. Therefore KU football fans should thump their chests at USC?
LOL, you beat us during our 9-16 season, so you literally beat us during our worst and you beat us again this year, which, again, is one of our worst teams. It shouldn't be, but it is.

You guys are time framing AND making up excuses for being so far behind UK h2h and I gotta tell ya, that’s some weak sauce.

UK is down big to uNC, but you don't see us making excuses for it, we lost those games and it doesn’t matter when we lost them.

It’s not that KU fans only like recent history. Of course all history is important. What we’re saying is it’s silly to pump your chest about owning Kansas when most of those games came against KU’s worst teams. Here’s a hypothetical. Let’s say Vanderbilt played KState(in football) 8 times in the 80s then played them again this year and lost. Then Vandy fans instead of accepting defeat instead started bragging about owning the series 8-1, because they played KState in the 80s, when KState was terrible.
Some of KU's wins over UK came when UK was at its worst too. You beat our 9-16 team (by 3 points mind you), we suck this year and you guys beat us in Pitino's first year when we were on probation.

You KU fans sure make a lot of f*cking excuses.

Heck, all of you KU fans made excuses for the 3 losses your league had in the challenge this year, which was sooo weird.

ADVERTISEMENT