Yet Another UK Fan

Aug 4, 2022
God’s Country
Team
Kentucky
#2 in the country state!

20221126_JS_FB_vsKU_024_web.jpg

Last edited:
I’d like that too I think. I’d be a little concerned that instead of the best team winning, it’d be the least-inept team. Not sure which of us that is, but it wouldn’t surprise me to be UK.

And the best loser award will go to? If I was a fan of either 1 of those teams I wouldn't hope that game wouldn't be played, unless it was for NIT championship.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Did someone REALLY hold THAT(sign) up?

Really?

KU leads overall series, 203-95...

From 1994-2005, Kansas won 31 straight---What da fuq?

I mean, Ok I reckon...

Yes. It’s a sign they hold up at every KU/KSU game. They celebrated 2 players who had a combined records of 2-15 vs KU on their Twitter before the game with tributes to their 1 victory each. If there’s ever been a program who exemplifies little brother it’s KSU.

Dick' kid wind up at KU? If ever there was a case of a misplaced dookie.

Scheyer didn't offer, and I don't know if he ever really tried to recruit him. But, Mark Mitchell was his high school teammate. Should have had plenty of time to evaluate him. I'm guessing the Duke staff knew they weren't beating KU on this one and decided not to invest time in his recruitment.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Did someone REALLY hold THAT(sign) up?

Really?

KU leads overall series, 203-95...

From 1994-2005, Kansas won 31 straight---What da fuq?

I mean, Ok I reckon...
Holy shit, KSU has 95 wins in that series? I would have guessed they would have less than half that.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Holy shit, KSU has 95 wins in that series? I would have guessed they would have less than half that.

Sounds like a high number but it's only about 30% of the total games played.

They've won very few over the last 30+ years, but they held their own somewhat before that. Keep in mind that they were a good program until the 90s and still probably rank top 25ish all-time.

They've won very few over the last 30+ years, but they held their own somewhat before that. Keep in mind that they were a good program until the 90s and still probably rank top 25ish all-time.
Yeah, I just didn't think it was possible for them to have 95. KU has owned that league and KSU has been do average over my entire lifetime.

Wtf happened today KU? I know TCU is decent. But damn
TCU played out of their minds. And KU’s top two shooters are in a shooting slump right now. KU doesn’t have a solid offensive 5, so we rely on driving and jump shots. When the shots are falling we’re as good as anybody. But when 3 of your top 4 jump shooters are struggling you’re gonna struggle to win. McCullar is like 0 for his last 16 three pointers and had missed his last 5 free throws. He couldn’t drop it in the ocean right now.

Combine this with a game where TCU played out of their minds offensively and the worst 3 point shooting team in the country was draining jumpers like a team full of Steph Currys.

Held their own ?

The programs were pretty damn equal until the 80s

Held their own ?

The programs were pretty damn equal until the 80s
Equal? No. KU had more final four appearances, several title game appearances, a title, more tourney appearances, more conference titles, etc.

KState did have a good program though. And the divide between the programs wasn’t as great as it is now.

Reactions: Jayhawkai
Equal? No. KU had more final four appearances, several title game appearances, a title, more tourney appearances, more conference titles, etc.

KState did have a good program though. And the divide between the programs wasn’t as great as it is now.

Going into the KU v KSU E8 game in 1988 , Mitch Richmond v Danny Manning , Kstate is a 4 seed, KU is a 6

KSU has beaten KU twice that year , 2 of KUs 11 losses that year

The beak down prior to that E8 game :

NCAA Appearances: KSU (18) - KU (18)
Sweet 16: KSU (16) - KU (13)
Elite 8: KSU (11) - KU (11)
Final 4: KSU (4) - KU (6)
Nat'l Champ: KSU (0) - KU (1)
Weeks Ranked #1: KSU (8) - KU (9)
Weeks in Top 5: KSU (62) - KU (49)
Weeks in Top 10: KSU (89) - KU (139)
Final Top 10: KSU (7) - KU (10)
Final #1: KSU (1) - KU (0)
Big 8 Champs: KSU (10) - KU (7)
Big 7 Champs: KSU (5) - KU (5)
KSU vs KU (Big 8): 39-37
KSU vs KU (Big 7): 13-15

KU wins the 88 title then goes on to probation , hires an end of the bench assistant
in Roy Williams who never been a HC .

Lon Kruger leaves State for Fla, prob due to a cheerleader issue and the rest is history

One failed coach after another, Tan Tom, Jim Woolridge and the die is cast

Roy had it going but couldn't close the big one . Self takes it to the next level via Adidas and ksu moves on to Snyder and football

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
Going into the KU v KSU E8 game in 1988 , Mitch Richmond v Danny Manning , Kstate is a 4 seed, KU is a 6

KU then goes on to probation , hires an end of the bench assistant

Lon Kruger leaves State for Fla, prob due to a cheerleader issue and the rest is history

Bottom

So KU had a national title and K-State didn’t, but K-State had the only final #1 ranking? Okay then.

Not sure what period you’re looking at here, but it’s definitely not all games prior to ‘88. KU already had a big lead in head to head by then.

KU wins the 88 title then goes on to probation , hires an end of the bench assistant

Roy had it going but couldn't close the big one . Self takes it to the next level via Adidas and ksu moves on to Snyder and football
What do I care about 88? You’re talking about the programs as a whole prior to ‘88.

No titles, fewer final fours, yadda yadda yadda. Not on the same level. Besides, aren’t cat fans the ones who always mutter something abthe leather helmet days when KU fans mention that they had the better football program before the 80s?

Anyways, what happened in the late 80s? You stop cheating? Clonewhocomplainsalot says that if you’re good then you cheat and if you suck you don’t. Or maybe you just hired a bunch of bad coaches in a row.

Anyway, the past is irrelevant for the most part if you want to compare the two programs. It’s very much a “what have you done for me lately” game. Every program is forgiven a bad decade. But not 4. You’re gonna have to string together some prolonged success before you even think about comparing the two programs.

They definitely didn’t stop cheating, I grew up watching ksu players get paid. First hand.

They just don’t spend as much money on it as KU (and practically every other program out there in D1)

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I was on the phone . . . how long did Bilas say it’s been since Self has lost 3 in a row?

ADVERTISEMENT