ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Summit the biggest news this offseason?

You gave me you opinion on how YOU see my comments lacking compassion. And you did it in a condescending, dickhead way. Don't go all victim on me. I don't mind that you were a dickhead to me, just called you what you were being.
Oh, so compassion is an objective thing that can be proven factually now?

On the contrary, it is you who is playing the victim, defending yourself against the condescending meanie with you [ sic ] opinion of what I was being. (Oh, and hypocrisy again, of course...)

I’m more than willing to talk about Trumps policies. I’m not a fan of this one.
If you understand it, you should also know that however bad President Clinton's '96 immigration law may be, it is nothing more than a scapegoat for this completely unnecessary and immoral policy.

The thing is, the lefties take calling out the double standard as defending Trump. I don’t think any conservative has actually defended his policy, but only called out the hypocrisy that the Dems are buried in. If we are going to shit on one guy for it, then shit on everyone. If not, STFU
This. Over and over. All I have done is pound my own head against the wall ITT on this topic. It is why I don't like discussing it to begin with. People will question your empathy, compassion and morals if you say something, anything other than "it is horrible that families are being separated". It goes without saying. It is horrible, we all want a solution. But some want to use common sense and see a bigger picture. And some have tunnel vision and go with a false and unfair narrative.

There are many events that lead to children being separated from their families. But the only one the left is blaming for these events is Trump.

Zero tolerance would have prevented the crisis from reaching the point it has today. It needs to continue IMO to keep it from escalating even further. I do think there needs to be a system in place that keeps families in contact at the very least. I don't see how we cannot prosecute and deport the adults who illegally cross the border while keeping them with their families . We can have a zero tolerance policy and keep families together.

If you understand it, you should also know that however bad President Clinton's '96 immigration law may be, it is nothing more than a scapegoat for this completely unnecessary and immoral policy.
Not sure why you think I don’t understand? I just said I’m not a fan. If you can find me a link showing the outrage and horrible things said about president Clinton when he made the law in 96, I will bow out. Just calling out the double standard, not necessarily on this board, in general though. Even though you understand what happened 20 years ago, most people do not. They use their hatred for our current President as fuel to be keyboard warriors who act big and loud on social media. Even in today’s world, Clinton wouldn’t be lashed at nearly the way Trump has been.

Zero tolerance is stupid b/c it puts looking tough ahead of being smart. Conservatives recognize that when it has to do w/ public schools' long-term suspensions of kids with hunting rifles in their trunks or unauthorized asthma inhalers, but when it's their turn to wield it as a weapon, they're all for it.

Calling out the double standard now, in response to objections to a Trump administration policy, IS a de facto defense of that policy. It absolutely is. This policy sucks and it's sheer evil. It was not required by law. The stupidity of an existing law is not an excuse for this policy.

Oh, so compassion is an objective thing that can be proven factually now?
You are judging a stranger's compassion based on believing there is more to a situation than what is being portrayed by liberals and the msm. Based on discussing facts that don't support your narrative.

But I must ask, is compassion an objective thing that can be proven to be false now? I don't know why you want to waste your time questioning someon else's compassion on based on interactions on an internet message board. And I don't know why I wasted my time entertaining that. So have at it, assume what you will.

Reactions: SNU0821
Has anyone see/read the new bill the democrats just put out to keep families together (Keep Families Together Act)? It basically would allow nearly all parents who commit federal crimes to get off without even a slap on the wrist. It's an absolute JOKE. The democrats are in full on desperation mode at this point. Trump is winning and they can't stand it.

Not sure why you think I don’t understand? I just said I’m not a fan. If you can find me a link showing the outrage and horrible things said about president Clinton when he made the law in 96, I will bow out. Just calling out the double standard, not necessarily on this board, in general though. Even though you understand what happened 20 years ago, most people do not. They use their hatred for our current President as fuel to be keyboard warriors who act big and loud on social media. Even in today’s world, Clinton wouldn’t be lashed at nearly the way Trump has been.
You think threads from the Internet as it existed in 1996 are available anywhere?

Your hypothetical about how President Clinton would be treated today is nothing more than hypothetical and again, a deflection from addressing THIS. TERRIBLE. IMMORAL. POLICY. Addressing the current President -- whoever he may be -- and only the current President for something that is strictly a current issue is not a double-standard.

You are judging a stranger's compassion based on believing there is more to a situation than what is being portrayed by liberals and the msm. Based on discussing facts that don't support your narrative.

But I must ask, is compassion an objective thing that can be proven to be false now? I don't know why you want to waste your time questioning someon else's compassion on based on interactions on an internet message board. And I don't know why I wasted my time entertaining that. So have at it, assume what you will.
I didn't question it. I answered it. You threw down the gauntlet. I picked it up, turned you over my knee, and paddled you with it. Now you're crying about opinions and how condescending it was when I thoroughly, completely trashed you.

You think threads from the Internet as it existed in 1996 are available anywhere?

Your hypothetical about how President Clinton would be treated today is nothing more than hypothetical and again, a deflection from addressing THIS. TERRIBLE. IMMORAL. POLICY. Addressing the current President -- whoever he may be -- and only the current President for something that is strictly a current issue is not a double-standard.
Hey Datt, these people are breaking the law. They are endangering their own children to do so. If it were so terrible, getting their kids separated from them while they're moved along through the process, why cross illegally? Don't cross illegally and there wouldn't be any issue. Problem solved.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Has anyone see/read the new bill the democrats just put out to keep families together (Keep Families Together Act)? It basically would allow nearly all parents who commit federal crimes to get off without even a slap on the wrist. It's an absolute JOKE. The democrats are in full on desperation mode at this point. Trump is winning and they can't stand it.
I haven't seen it. Could you cite what you claim in the bold?

Hey Datt, these people are breaking the law. They are endangering their own children to do so. If it were so terrible, getting their kids separated from them while they're moved along through the process, why cross illegally? Don't cross illegally and there wouldn't be any issue. Problem solved.
You oversimplify and victim-blame. They're committing a misdemeanor in order to escape situations where they may be murdered.

The thing is, the lefties take calling out the double standard as defending Trump. I don’t think any conservative has actually defended his policy, but only called out the hypocrisy that the Dems are buried in. If we are going to shit on one guy for it, then shit on everyone. If not, STFU
I’m more than willing to talk about Trumps policies. I’m not a fan of this one.
You having a bad day? Or was this not nasty enough for you lefties?

Dat doesn’t care that parents are endangering their own children. He doesn’t care that these illegals KNOW THE RISK of entering the country illegally. Just blame Trump, rinse, and repeat. It is possible to place blame on both sides, believe it or not.

You oversimplify and victim-blame. They're committing a misdemeanor in order to escape situations where they may be murdered.
They can enter at ports of entry. LEGALLY. that wouldn't even be a misdemeanor. If a poor person walks by a food shelter to go into a grocery store and steal, should he not be prosecuted?

And you're excluding the people who are taking advantage of the system. It goes both ways. There are people who claim they're seeking "asylum" and have been coached by lawyers on what to say. It's waaaaaay more complex than we can get into here. Yet, the MSM and the Democrats are literally screaming about the issue like it's a simple fix. It's not. The Democratic bill put forward recently shows they have zero desire to fix immigration. They want to open the borders as much as possible. Trump is fixing a broken system and enforcing the laws on the books. And you know what? I'm glad he is. It's about time.

You having a bad day? Or was this not nasty enough for you lefties?
You're calling out a double standard that is irrelevant and therefore entirely hypothetical.

It's like grounding your only child -- a daughter -- for something, and her ranting about a double standard and how it would be different if she was a son.

You're calling out a double standard that is irrelevant and therefore entirely hypothetical.

It's like grounding your only child -- a daughter -- for something, and her ranting about a double standard and how it would be different if she was a son.
So not nasty enough? Got it.

They can enter at ports of entry. LEGALLY. that wouldn't even be a misdemeanor. If a poor person walks by a food shelter to go into a grocery store and steal, should he not be prosecuted?
Insultingly stupid.

And you're excluding the people who are taking advantage of the system. It goes both ways. There are people who claim they're seeking "asylum" and have been coached by lawyers on what to say. It's waaaaaay more complex than we can get into here. Yet, the MSM and the Democrats are literally screaming about the issue like it's a simple fix. It's not. The Democratic bill put forward recently shows they have zero desire to fix immigration. They want to open the borders as much as possible. Trump is fixing a broken system and enforcing the laws on the books. And you know what? I'm glad he is. It's about time.
The reason it takes a unanimous verdict to convict someone in a criminal trial is because it is far preferable that people who did it get away w/ it than that innocent people hang. That's why the burden of proof is on the prosecution and people are innocent until proven guilty and profiling is wrong, etc, etc.

That some will find ways to exploit loopholes is not an excuse to treat everyone poorly. We also have it in the Constitution that punishments cannot be cruel and unusual relative to the level of crime committed, so "you crimed" isn't a justification, either.

President Trump is not enforcing any existing law in separating children from parents. It is a new policy. It is not required, not necessary, and not morally defensible.

Insultingly stupid.

The reason it takes a unanimous verdict to convict someone in a criminal trial is because it is far preferable that people who did it get away w/ it than that innocent people hang. That's why the burden of proof is on the prosecution and people are innocent until proven guilty and profiling is wrong, etc, etc.

That some will find ways to exploit loopholes is not an excuse to treat everyone poorly. We also have it in the Constitution that punishments cannot be cruel and unusual relative to the level of crime committed, so "you crimed" isn't a justification, either.

President Trump is not enforcing any existing law in separating children from parents. It is a new policy. It is not required, not necessary, and not morally defensible.
They're all breaking the law, Datt. They're entering our country ILLEGALLY.

It's not a new policy. He's enforcing the law that was already on the books.

I haven’t read through this entire mess, but thumbs up for you if you did

So you didn't read what people posted, assumed their arguments, and told them to STFU.

SNU says policies didn't change, gets shown that the policies changed, then reverted to "well laws didn't change" without even acknowledging that the policies changed. And is apparently arguing again (wrongly) that "it's not a new policy" (haha dude wtf that was like 3 hours ago!).

LetsGoDuke is arguing about unaccompanied minors (not the topic) and saying anyone opposed to Trump just wants open borders.

OldManBert is throwing out claims without citing sources on request (and ironically making a request for a source and then not responding to it).

Dattier is like 3 levels deep on an argument about compassion and Clinton.

Props to Hail and I am stupid for engaging in good faith, and to 829305 for showing "everything is about abortion" guy out. But I'm out of this discussion. Too many children, not enough adults.

LetsGoDuke is arguing about unaccompanied minors (not the topic) and saying anyone opposed to Trump just wants open borders.
Not quite. The detention centers were a big part of the narrative. They were used to spark outrage. Now that it is known that the majority of the kids in the centers were not separated by our government, it is off topic to bring it up.

You can be opposed to Trump and not be for open borders. Not sure why you would say that. I asked what other solutions aside from opening the border, have the democrats suggested. Still no answer.

So you didn't read what people posted, assumed their arguments, and told them to STFU.

SNU says policies didn't change, gets shown that the policies changed, then reverted to "well laws didn't change" without even acknowledging that the policies changed. And is apparently arguing again (wrongly) that "it's not a new policy" (haha dude wtf that was like 3 hours ago!).

OldManBert is throwing out claims without citing sources on request (and ironically making a request for a source and then not responding to it).

Props to Hail and I am stupid for engaging in good faith, and to 829305 for showing "everything is about abortion" guy out. But I'm out of this discussion. Too many children, not enough adults.
Completely took me out of context, which I’m sure you meant to do. I also added “if” right before the STFU, maybe you missed that? Probably left it off on purpose. Regardless, if what I posted doesn’t apply to you, then you have nothing to worry about.

Made me laugh and cringe all at the same time. Well done.

Here’s a clip for all of you crying about Trump ripping kids away from parents who came into the country illegally...

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I’ll remember this quote for when the shoe is on the other foot. Won’t be long before I use it, I bet.
If you're using it correctly, it will be after an occasion where I present you with two deliberately stupid, trolling choices, you ignore them and give an on-topic response like an actual adult, then I continue the troll act. But then, you didn't specify you'd be using it correctly, so yeah, I'm sure it'll be as soon as possible.

They're all breaking the law, Datt. They're entering our country ILLEGALLY.

It's not a new policy. He's enforcing the law that was already on the books.
It's a misdemeanor. Separating children from parents is new, official policy being used as a weapon to intimidate even legitimate asylum seekers.

Come back and try again. From your article.
My point had to do with how insultingly stupid it is to act as if the simple solution is just going to a correct point of entry. I'll add that it's tone deaf and lacking in compassion.

If you're using it correctly, it will be after an occasion where I present you with two deliberately stupid, trolling choices, you ignore them and give an on-topic response like an actual adult, then I continue the troll act. But then, you didn't specify you'd be using it correctly, so yeah, I'm sure it'll be as soon as possible.

It's a misdemeanor. Separating children from parents is new, official policy being used as a weapon to intimidate even legitimate asylum seekers.

My point had to do with how insultingly stupid it is to act as if the simple solution is just going to a correct point of entry. I'll add that it's tone deaf and lacking in compassion.
I have never claimed that there is a simple solution. I only suggested that there is no crime if they enter at points of entry. You said "correct" point of entry. So, I guess that you know that entering anywhere else would be incorrect. Which is against the law.

I still haven't seen a solution mentioned.

This. Over and over. All I have done is pound my own head against the wall ITT on this topic. It is why I don't like discussing it to begin with. People will question your empathy, compassion and morals if you say something, anything other than "it is horrible that families are being separated". It goes without saying. It is horrible, we all want a solution. But some want to use common sense and see a bigger picture. And some have tunnel vision and go with a false and unfair narrative.

There are many events that lead to children being separated from their families. But the only one the left is blaming for these events is Trump.

Zero tolerance would have prevented the crisis from reaching the point it has today. It needs to continue IMO to keep it from escalating even further. I do think there needs to be a system in place that keeps families in contact at the very least. I don't see how we cannot prosecute and deport the adults who illegally cross the border while keeping them with their families . We can have a zero tolerance policy and keep families together.

this is what i think will happen, and it should

the Obama and Hilldog nut suckers will just find another agenda against Trump

Or not coming into the country illegally. That would solve the problem too.
It would fail to solve a worse problem.

Is your response to every concern about injustices essentially "don't do the crime if you can't do the time"?
Healthcare: Don't get sick?
Poverty: Don't be poor?
Immigration: Be born here?
Rape: Don't wear short skirts?
Racism: Go back to Africa?

It would fail to solve a worse problem.

Is your response to every concern about injustices essentially "don't do the crime if you can't do the time"?
Healthcare: Don't get sick?
Poverty: Don't be poor?
Immigration: Be born here?
Rape: Don't wear short skirts?
Racism: Go back to Africa?
Seriously? One is willfully breaking a law. You can’t help get sick. You can’t help where you’re born. Surely you aren’t this stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT