ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Summit the biggest news this offseason?

The North Korea summit? Yeah, big, but the outcome sort of determines how big it really is. If they meet and not much comes of it, it isn't that important. If we get real movement in terms of ending a threat in the penninsula, sure, that would be a HUGE deal, and a real feather in the cap of Trump. Fingers crossed it works out well!

BTW... on our last summit, with all our friends? Man, this picture made me cringe.

donald-trump-angela-merkel-g7-summit.jpg

The North Korea summit? Yeah, big, but the outcome sort of determines how big it really is. If they meet and not much comes of it, it isn't that important. If we get real movement in terms of ending a threat in the penninsula, sure, that would be a HUGE deal, and a real feather in the cap of Trump. Fingers crossed it works out well!

BTW... on our last summit, with all our friends? Man, this picture made me cringe.

She looks like she just wants to slap the shit out of him, lol.

But, yes, real and significant movement in the right direction after the summit with N. Korea would be monumental.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

I don't know a whole lot about Merkel, but she doesn't appear to be the friendliest person.

I didn't realize Sweden was part of the G7, yet here is the Swedish chef standing to Trump's right. TIL.

Even if this summit doesn'tdirectly lead to much it is still important. It's a start. Will be a long process to get where we want.
Robert De Niro as quoted by CNN:

"First, I wanna say, 'f**k Trump,'" De Niro said. "It's no longer 'Down with Trump,' it's 'f**k Trump.'"

He would prefer a nuclear exchange to peace. The left wing hate has never been hotter.

Reactions: KYtotheCore

She has the same haircut as trump...and weird body shape. Gross. You’d think they would have access to world class chefs and trainers.......they went another direction. I call it, pumpkin britches.

"First, I wanna say, 'f**k Trump,'" De Niro said. "It's no longer 'Down with Trump,' it's 'f**k Trump.'"

He would prefer a nuclear exchange to peace. The left wing hate has never been hotter.

Uh... wow. Bert, as always, your logic is... well... yeah. F**k Trump = preferring nuclear war. Love you, you old dumbass hick;)

Oh, and yeah, f**k Trump, that thin skinned, immoral, bragging, racist, bullying, wimp piece of shit. Come on... the guy pretends to be his own PR guy so he can call reporters and talk about how good he is in bed? Literally makes fun of a disabled reporter by shaking his hand around in front of a big ass crowd? Bragging about grabbing women by the pussy? I don't think a single person here, even the people I don't like, would do any of that. If this guy was on this forum, every single person here would call him out for being the biggest pussy on earth, and they would be right.

Oh shit, dying to know what Clive tried to post. You commie bastard. Still having issues with the forum?

You do realize photo journalist take shot after shot in a 10 second run and pick the one they think will get the most view? Same photo shoot but using one of the alternates as comparison.
35078589_1680723168671284_5121835250229444608_n.jpg

You do realize photo journalist take shot after shot in a 10 second run and pick the one they think will get the most view? Same photo shoot but using one of the alternates as comparison.
35078589_1680723168671284_5121835250229444608_n.jpg

Actually I saw them both.

But Merkel and Germany itself released which one?

That's pretty telling;)

(In terms of the specific photos, not sure what the time elapse there is. Looks like some time more than simply shutter speed passed, given that Abe isn't in the second one. I would wager, from the looks on all of their faces and the crossed arms, that the topic of conversation is not the same, so the point of how awkward the photo looks stands, especially given who actually released that first photo.)

Actually I saw them both.

But Merkel and Germany itself released which one?

That's pretty telling;)

(In terms of the specific photos, not sure what the time elapse there is. Looks like some time more than simply shutter speed passed, given that Abe isn't in the second one. I would wager, from the looks on all of their faces and the crossed arms, that the topic of conversation is not the same, so the point of how awkward the photo looks stands, especially given who actually released that first photo.)
Doesn't mean she likes or loves him.. Especially when it's someone you are trying to negotiate business with.

Even if this summit doesn'tdirectly lead to much it is still important. It's a start. Will be a long process to get where we want.
Reagan and Gorbachev's first sit down ended with Reagan leaving and the two sides seemingly further apart. We know what came of that.

But we know that if nothing substantial comes out of the meeting tonight, the media will be ready to call it a failure. Just getting to this point represents the most progress made by a sitting president since the Korean war began.

Doesn't mean she likes or loves him.. Especially when it's someone you are trying to negotiate business with.

Who cares if she likes or loves him?

Reagan and Gorbachev's first sit down ended with Reagan leaving and the two sides seemingly further apart. We know what came of that.

But we know that if nothing substantial comes out of the meeting tonight, the media will be ready to call it a failure. Just getting to this point represents the most progress made by a sitting president since the Korean war began.

Actually, getting to this point doesn’t mean anything. Any president could have sat down with Un if they had wanted to. But our government had a pretty adhered-to policy of not having a president sit down with this looney dictator, both when Rs held the White House and Ds did. Trump is certainly unconventional, and is doing something none of them, for a variety of reasons, did. The results are ultimately what matter. I hope he is totally successful with it... I’m can deal with a douchebag as a president as long as he is competent and gets results... see Clinton, Bill;)

Oh good lord, when you start suspecting Canada of not being our friend, you are being paranoid. Sure, like any other national leader he serves his people and tries to promote their interests, just like every leader should, and which is a damn hard job, what with being our neighbor. But generally speaking, Canada and Canadians and Canadian leaders are pretty hand in hand with us.

Btw, after years of not working in hockey, I STILL type “Canadiens” far too often:)

This whole thing will be a dog and pony show. Kim is trying to look legitimate and Trump wants people to believe his methods have led to peace with North Korea.

Reactions: Quavarius
Who cares if she likes or loves him?

Actually, getting to this point doesn’t mean anything. Any president could have sat down with Un if they had wanted to. But our government had a pretty adhered-to policy of not having a president sit down with this looney dictator, both when Rs held the White House and Ds did. Trump is certainly unconventional, and is doing something none of them, for a variety of reasons, did. The results are ultimately what matter. I hope he is totally successful with it... I’m can deal with a douchebag as a president as long as he is competent and gets results... see Clinton, Bill;)
Are you paying attention? Anything with Trump will be milked to it's fullest extent. Creation of political media driven tv dramas.

So "f**k Trump" = "I'd prefer nuclear war to peace?" That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read that wasn't on a bumper sticker or meme.

Take your Olympic gold for that world record leap.

Any president could have sat down with Un if they had wanted to.

Being pedantic, but Kim Jong Un came to power in 2011, so "any president" is Obama and Trump. (and I don't know that it's fair to assume Un is like his father re: being amenable to a sit down, and all the other context like China's position, etc... but your overall point is fine, I guess)

It's always amusing to see lefties watch fox news and then turn around and accuse the right of being brainwashed by fox news. I talk enoug shit about cnn, but I don't watch them just to get rustled by their content.
The Bourdain special the other night was good. And they gave me boners when S.E. Cupp was on their network. So not all bad.

It's always amusing to see lefties watch fox news and then turn around and accuse the right of being brainwashed by fox news. I talk enoug shit about cnn, but I don't watch them just to get rustled by their content.

Yea, I don't buy much into punditry bullshit, especially by the media, but it's you identifying your politics with a news network. Dont project your punditry on me.

In the course of the "interview", I heard this guy claim:

Liberalism is a mental disorde

And

Liberals hate America

Lol

ADVERTISEMENT