ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Summit the biggest news this offseason?

Seriously? One is willfully breaking a law. You can’t help get sick. You can’t help where you’re born. Surely you aren’t this stupid.
Think of it in terms of hunger. If someone is starving, they may know that stealing food is wrong, but if they have no other means, that's what they're going to do. When the alternative is starving to death, how much sense does it make to focus on the law? If our entire process about it begins and ends w/ "IT'S ILLEGAL," it does nothing to change circumstances moving forward.

Think of it in terms of hunger. If someone is starving, they may know that stealing food is wrong, but if they have no other means, that's what they're going to do. When the alternative is starving to death, how much sense does it make to focus on the law? If our entire process about it begins and ends w/ "IT'S ILLEGAL," it does nothing to change circumstances moving forward.
Should have went with that one first instead of:

Healthcare: Don't get sick?
Poverty: Don't be poor?
Immigration: Be born here?
Rape: Don't wear short skirts?
Racism: Go back to Africa?

Should have went with that one first instead of:

Healthcare: Don't get sick?
Poverty: Don't be poor?
Immigration: Be born here?
Rape: Don't wear short skirts?
Racism: Go back to Africa?
I was illustrating the extremism and short-sightedness of the canned, kneejerk response, but okay. You understand where I'm coming from now?

And you're unlikely to, as long as you fight against admitting there is a problem.

Family cages would be one improvement.
Not once have I suggested that there is not a problem. That is very dishonest of you.

Though it is unlikely to get through the democrats, the GOP essentially agreed, and Trump has promised to sign a bill that would immediately end the separation of families. I hope that if and when the democrats turn the bill down, Trump uses the executive order to make it law himself.

Not once have I suggested that there is not a problem. That is very dishonest of you.

Though it is unlikely to get through the democrats, the GOP essentially agreed, and Trump has promised to sign a bill that would immediately end the separation of families. I hope that if and when the democrats turn the bill down, Trump uses the executive order to make it law himself.
Lying on the part of our President and AG has been part of the problem. Cruelty on the part of our President and AG has been part of the problem.
Acknowledge that without going back in time to 1996 to blame President Clinton. Acknowledge that this is a completely optional policy that our President has chosen -- at the expense of humanitarian and moral concerns -- and that failing to address that specifically, directly, immediately, and unequivocally makes one complicit.

You won't, b/c that would implicate you, as well. President Trump gets away with unconscionable actions because people like you are willing to compromise what is right for a political goal, whether pointing blame elsewhere and into the past, laughing about "liberal tears," undermining faith in the foundational institutions of America, or oversimplified rationalizations about law.

Reactions: Quavarius
Oh, @LetsGoDuke301...

Donald Trump directs his AG to enforce policies that other presidents, both Republican and Democrat, have not.

http://www.newsweek.com/jeff-sessions-children-parents-border-912972

This is a fact. These separations were not being handled like this or being done at this scale before. The AG even addressed that, being sure to point out...

“If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you and that child will be separated from you as required by law. If you don’t like that, then don’t smuggle children over our border."

.... despite the fact that, regardless of the law, this wasn’t happening like this before... same way cops have the legal right to drag a speeding teen out of the car, cuff them, and search them, but they don’t, because... well, you know.

And the President has been very clear that this change is being used as a bargaining chip.

New thing. Done by the Trump administration.

Nearly everyone in the world saw this change, and what happened because of it, and spoke out against it.

Republicans Senators, like Lindsey Graham and Orrin Hatch and and John McCain. Republican Representatives, like Will Hurd and Mario Diaz Balart. Decorated military leaders like Mike Hayden. Groups like a group of twenty state AGs and dozens of prominent religious leader like Franklin Graham, Tony Suarez, Jentezen Franklin, and Tim Dolan. Former First Ladies and the United Nations.

Nearly everyone in the world, including literally thousands of people who know a lot about our laws, our policies, and what is and is not right, has been speaking out against this.

Then there is you.

I also saw where the majority of these kids that are being "separated from their parents" are kids that came in with coyotes and smugglers. And also human traffickers.

It's pretty disgusting what you hypocritical losers are doing by making an issue that has been a problem for well over a decade a Trump problem. But hey, when you're desperate to find anything to discredit someone, you will go as low as it takes.

But when they go low, YOU go high. Amirite?

Insults and excuses.

Are you suggesting that they are......

Jokes aside. A lot of these kids have already been separated from their families before they ever crossed the border. Trump is in a position to do something about it and I hope he does. But the ones politicizing the situation are the democrats. They are exploiting it in order to make Trump and the republicans look like monsters. Nevermind the fact that their hero was in position for 8 years to do something about it and didn't do a damn thing.

Excuses.

Just stop. Seriously. Do some research and quit blaming a decade long issue on a new policy. Not a new law, just a new policy to enforce the law.

Insults and excuses.

I am not sure, Schooner. I am also not sure if the number of illegal entries involving children are up. Are they? Is it a lie that children are only separated from their families if their families illegally cross the border with them, or they are not with a legit guardian? If a parent pays for a smuggler to pose as a guardian, are they not responsible for separating their family? I don't think it is as cut and dry as we are being led to believe it is.

I think the situation is being exploited for political gain. Perhaps by both sides. But I do not think the media or the liberal advocators are being honest.

Excuses and insults.

Look. You are willfully ignoring facts. I don't want to call you ignorant, because I don't want to be insulting. But you are running with an ignorant narrative. It has been stated that when families enter at ports of entry, and not illegally, children will not be separated as long as they are with family or legit guardians. So if this is true, aren't the parents of these kids being irresponsible by entering illegally, or paying smugglers to bring them in? Why are they not being held responsible for "tearing families apart"?

It's a horrible situation at the border. It has been for a long time. But our immigration laws need to be enforced and measures need to be taken to resolve the crisis. That needs to happen by both parties coming together to resolve it. Not by one party hypocritically blaming the other.

Insults and excuses.

Well, your eyes are closed and your mind is set. Glad we had this talk.

Insults.

Then it's settled.

Apples. Oranges. But you know that. I am glad discuss the matter at hand and any real solution that you would propose. But let's stick to facts and opinions surrounding THIS issue.

Excuses.

You only see perceived cruelness from one side. You see no value in acknowledging the actions of the families are putting those kids in the situation they are in. The fact is, they are taking a risk by entering the country illegally. They know the risks. All of them. They know that if they get caught, there is a chance they will be separated from their kids. Yet, they still choose to take that chance. And that is just talking about the kids who are actually with a parent / family member.

Excuses.

@TheDude1 , every one of them can gaim asylum by entering at a legal port of entry. Why don't they? You are also ignoring how most of these kids are separated from their families. Trump enforcing immigration laws = monster. Kids being smuggled in by coyotes and human trafficking = doesn't fit my narrative.

Excuses.

I have said many times that it is hard to have this conversation without coming off as unsympathetic. But it would be a better bet to get asylum and not be separated from your kids if you chose the legal route, no?

This being an example of cruelness is an exaggeration. It is very unfortunate, and I as well as you hope that we can resolve the issue very quickly with common sense policies.

Again, at the risk of coming off as unsympathetic, let's discuss this scenario. Can you acknowledge that some of these kids are not related to some of the adults who are claiming to be their parent/guardian? Are you as concerned about human trafficking as you are about measures the border patrol takes to verify the relationship of the child and the adult?

There are going to be situations that make each side more right than the other. But what needs to happen in order to resolve anything is for both sides to stop blaming the other and work together to do it.

Making this issue a big deal when it wasn't a big deal for a lot of people 5 years ago is disgustingly hypocritical.

Excuses and insults.

A job. Of course.

Not sympathy.

Fck Chicago. Fix El Salvador.

Not sympathy.

What did Obama do about it?

Excuses.

So we agree that it is not healthy to place blame on one president?

Excuses.

It matters because we are exploiting a problem that has existed for over a decade in order to demonize the sitting president. What we should be saying is, let's sit down and fix this. This may not be your fault, but you are in position to do something about it. Instead, you guys are acting like our immigration laws should be ignored.

Excuses, and lies.

Our sitting president has enacted a policy that enforces laws that should have been enforced long ago. And that is one of the reasons he was elected.

Why are you outraged about families being separated now and not 5 years ago?

Excuses.

So children were not being held in cells before Trump? Interesting.

Cop out.

Remember when you claimed you weren't a lib?

Excuses, and a personal shot.

So what is happening to these kids now? Are we using them for hard labor? Selling them to the highest bidder? Christ, you aren't lib at all.

I detect a lack of sympathy...

All you had to say.

Not sympathy.

No, you are a lib because you endorse a narrative that suggests people on the opposite spectrum of you have no compassion.

Insults.

Another cop out. You are the last one on this topic that needs to be accusing others of drinking the kool-aid. Your arguments have been spoon fed to you by the MSM.

Insults.

Which is another example of you not knowing WTF you are talking about.

More insults. Lies too, but whatevs.

Give me an example of anything I have said that you can say shows my lack of compassion. You can't. You just learned to question other people's compassion from your lib playbook.

Hah! How could anyone have that idea, that you have no compassion after you point out that hey, the kids aren’t doing HARD LABOR, right?

Well, shit. You got me. That makes you so right on this issue.

Just a little personal shot.

Good night Brooke.

You can say that again.

Excuses.

And then... FINALLY... after telling everyone they are brainwashed and stupid, blaming Obama and coyotes, insisting nothing has changed at the border. after pointing out that hey, the kids aren’t doing hard labor or being sold into slavery...

Look, dickhead. I do have compassion for families who are separated. I do have compassion for people who are in such bad situations that they have to take these risks. My whole issue is that we are ignoring facts to make this about Trump. 12,000 kids sit in detention centers and only 2,000 even fit the narrative of our government separating families. You claim I was pointing fingers or deflecting blame. I have acknowledged that Trump is in position to do something about it and sbould immediately. I was only pointing out that this is not a new issue. I didn't say it was Obama's fault, I only mentioned that he didn't do a damn thing about it because you people are falsely claiming that it didn't happen before. Or that it wasn't as bad.

So what about the fact that the majority of these kids are separated from their families before they ever crossed the border? What about the fact that they were treated as bad or worse 5 years ago without any outrage? What about tge fact that there can be something done about it right now but nobody will come to the table. Both sides are exploiting these kids and it's disgusting.

(Oh, and more excuses. And lies.)

Honestly, Letsgo, if you don’t get how your first response to this situation should be a human one, and that because it never was, because you focused on telling people they were brainwashed and this is a liberal ploy and how Obama is as much to blame for this as Trump and SHEESH, it isn’t like we are selling the kids into slavery... you look pretty not-compassionate...?

Now, you could double down and insult someone or complain about how Obama didn’t do anything or bash me or whatever, go the whole “I’m not going read that!” route.

Or you COULD actually take a second and think ‘Shit. Okay, I get how, when I look at ALL of those posts, one after another after another, I come off as not actually caring about the real life people involved here and seem just combative and a bit uncaring.’ And then you could even say something like that, actually reach out an olive branch.

I honestly hope you do that, because I think *not* doing that... well, it would change my opinion of you a bit.

Last edited:
The GOP has the nuclear option to get anything passed they want. Democrats can't stop a thing and you're repeating our President's blame-shifting, irresponsible lie to claim otherwise.

He can do it by EO (not law) today. He has done so in other situations. And if it works, getting a law passed to make it permanent will be easier. But it isn't priority, just like condemning white supremacists wasn't priority. Priority #1 is always himself, which means playing to his base, which includes you.

Oh, @LetsGoDuke301...

Donald Trump directs his AG to enforce policies that other presidents, both Republican and Democrat, have not.

This is a fact. These separations were not being handled like this or being done at this scale before. The AG even addressed that, being sure to point out...

If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you and that child will be separated from you as required by law. If you don’t like that, then don’t smuggle children over our border."

.... despite the fact that, regardless of the law, this wasn’t happening like this before... same way cops have the legal right to drag a speeding teen out of the car, cuff them, and search them, but they don’t, because... well, you know.

And the President has been very clear that this change is being used as a bargaining chip.

Nearly everyone in the world saw this change, and what happened because of it, and spoke out against it.

Republicans Senators, like Lindsey Graham and Orrin Hatch and and John McCain. Republican Representatives, like Will Hurd and Mario Diaz Balart. Decorated military leaders like Mike Hayden. Groups like a group of twenty state AGs and dozens of prominent religious leader like Franklin Graham, Tony Suarez, Jentezen Franklin, and Tim Dolan. Former First Ladies and the United Nations.

Nearly everyone in the world, including literally thousands of people who know a lot about our laws, our policies, and what is and is not right, has been speaking out against this.

Then there is you.

Insults and excuses.

Excuses.

Insults and excuses.

Excuses and insults.

Insults and excuses.

Insults.

Excuses.

Excuses.

Excuses.

Excuses and insults.

Not sympathy.

Not sympathy.

Excuses.

Excuses.

Excuses, and lies.

Excuses.

Not sympathy.

Insults.

Insults.

Hah! How could anyone have that idea, that you have no compassion after you point out that hey, the kids aren’t doing HARD LABOR, right?

You can say that again.

Excuses.

And then... FINALLY... after telling everyone they are brainwashed and stupid, blaming Obama and coyotes, insisting nothing has changed at the border. after pointing out that hey, the kids aren’t doing hard labor or being sold into slavery...

Honestly, Letsgo, if you don’t get how your first response to this situation should be a human one, and that because it never was, because you focused on telling people they were brainwashed and this is a liberal ploy and how Obama is as much to blame for this as Trump and SHEESH, it isn’t like we are selling the kids into slavery... you look pretty not-compassionate...?

Now, you could double down and insult someone or complain about how Obama didn’t do anything or bash me or whatever, go the whole “I’m not going read that!” route.

Or you COULD actually take a second and think ‘Shit. Okay, I get how, when I look at ALL of those posts, one after another after another, I come off as not actually caring about the real life people involved here and seem just combative and a bit uncaring.’ And then you could even say something like that, actually reach out an olive branch.

I honestly hope you do that, because I think *not* doing that... well, it would change my opinion of you a bit.
Seriously, fck off.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Seriously, fck off.

Literally a post of facts, and YOUR QUOTES.

I guess that tells us a bit about who you are.

I bet you’d get along better with Corey Lewandowski than we thought.

That’s your side. I’m glad I am not on it. Enjoy.

Reactions: Dattier
Oh, @LetsGoDuke301...

“If you are smuggling a child, then we will prosecute you and that child will be separated from you as required by law. If you don’t like that, then don’t smuggle children over our border."

New thing. Done by the Trump administration.

Then there is you.

Insults and excuses.

Excuses.

Insults and excuses.

Excuses and insults.

Insults and excuses.

Insults.

Excuses.

Excuses.

Excuses.

Excuses and insults.

Not sympathy.

Not sympathy.

Excuses.

Excuses.

Excuses, and lies.

Excuses.

Not sympathy.

Insults.

Insults.

You can say that again.

Excuses.

I don't think I've ever seen someone devote this much time to someone else on message board.

Rustled? Owned?

His post has really got to you.

Lying on the part of our President and AG has been part of the problem. Cruelty on the part of our President and AG has been part of the problem.
Acknowledge that without going back in time to 1996 to blame President Clinton. Acknowledge that this is a completely optional policy that our President has chosen -- at the expense of humanitarian and moral concerns -- and that failing to address that specifically, directly, immediately, and unequivocally makes one complicit.

You won't, b/c that would implicate you, as well. President Trump gets away with unconscionable actions because people like you are willing to compromise what is right for a political goal, whether pointing blame elsewhere and into the past, laughing about "liberal tears," undermining faith in the foundational institutions of America, or oversimplified rationalizations about law.
I never blamed Clinton. The only thing I have done is point out facts that this outrage is only happening because of who the president is. Not because it is a new issue. I am not going to waste my time on discussing the horrible fact that families are being separated. It is something we agree on. You just think that no matter the circumstances, families should never be separated. I disagree. I think we should have a policy that enforces laws but keeps families together in any circumstance that is reasonable. The number of adults crossing the border illegally with children has increased by almost 400% since this time last year. So something needed to be done to stop that. And obviously it has led to the increase in detentions. Which you guys keep focusing on the number of childrem detained without considering the whole story.

Reactions: SNU0821
Have you ever spent that much time devoted to one member? Besides your own?

And I wouldn't quite call that P3ing. He basically quoted a bunch of post and typed "excuses" afterwards.
The incredible thing about Dude and Dat is that they can do posts like that in 15 minutes. It would take me 5 days and I’d still **** it up.

Literally a post of facts, and YOUR QUOTES.

I guess that tells us a bit about who you are.

I bet you’d get along better with Corey Lewandowski than we thought.

That’s your side. I’m glad I am not on it. Enjoy.
Your side exploits children to get emotional reactions in hopes of winning elections. Glad I am not on it.

The incredible thing about Dude and Dat is that they can do posts like that in 15 minutes. It would take me 5 days and I’d still **** it up.
This is our wheelhouse. If there's a deep discussion of economy, watch me shut up and listen, which others ought to do more when they don't know what they're talking about.

I don't think I've ever seen someone devote this much time to someone else on message board.

Rustled? Owned?

His post has really got to you.

I gave Letsgo as much time as it took me to enjoy my morning shit. Literally.

I think he is worth it, because I have a hard time accepting that he thinks pulling kids away from their parents is a legit way to get new laws passed.

#missingtheforestforthetrees

I gave Letsgo as much time as it took me to enjoy my morning shit. Literally.

I think he is worth it, because I have a hard time accepting that he thinks pulling kids away from their parents is a legit way to get new laws passed.

#missingtheforestforthetrees
So you think of @LetsGoDuke301 in the bathroom? o_O

Have you ever spent that much time devoted to one member? Besides your own?

And I wouldn't quite call that P3ing. He basically quoted a bunch of post and typed "excuses, sympathy, insults" afterwards.
As schooner pointed out, it doesn't take as much time as you might think. We all have our skills, and this happens to be one of TheDude1's.

He actually did exactly what any decent writing teacher will tell you to do, which is to surround quotations with context, application, a lead-in, and a follow-up. It was pretty textbook.

Ah, life.

As I was reading this and brushing my teeth, the bathroom door swung open. It was my three year old daughter, just waking up, wearing only her diaper because... I don’t know, little kids are like nudists. I crouched down and gave her a big hug and a kiss. She is a FEROCIOUS hugger. Then I picked her up. (“You are getting HEAVY, Lulu!” “That’s because I growed when I was sleeping, daddy.”). She had a tough night.. fell out of bed and banged her head pretty badly. Then I flopped down on the bed and she just lay on my chest for a minute and we snuggled. My son is in his room, playing with some MUSCLES I got him (remember those little pink figures?)

And I thought about how ****ing lucky I am. How absolutely ****ing lucky.

And I thought about how shitty it is that so many people on the world are not so lucky.

I hope everyone takes a minute to appreciate what they have today.

I never blamed Clinton. The only thing I have done is point out facts that this outrage is only happening because of who the president is. Not because it is a new issue.
Which is a de facto defense of WHO OUR PRESIDENT IS. It's also wrong: the systemic separation of families as official, voluntarily chosen policy is completely new.

I am not going to waste my time on discussing the horrible fact that families are being separated.
No, what you'll waste time on is obscuring that conversation by equivocating and repeating lies.

You just think that no matter the circumstances, families should never be separated.
Wrong (but consistent, at least, as this fits with the basic, basic questions about why liberals didn't complain when this happened under previous Presidents). When it happened before, it was not the result of predetermined, official, voluntarily chosen policy being used as a weapon of intimidation and terror.

I think we should have a policy that enforces laws but keeps families together in any circumstance that is reasonable.
We already did. Now we don't.

The number of adults crossing the border illegally with children has increased by almost 400% since this time last year. So something needed to be done to stop that.
Gosh, so all that tough talk and keeping track of President Obama's golfing didn't fix it? Whodathunk?!

you guys keep focusing on the number of childrem detained without considering the whole story.
Actually, I keep focusing on the immorality of a predetermined, official, voluntarily chosen policy being used as a weapon of intimidation and terror. You keep leaving that out of the "whole story."

Which is a de facto defense of WHO OUR PRESIDENT IS. It's also wrong: the systemic separation of families as official, voluntarily chosen policy is completely new.

No, what you'll waste time on is obscuring that conversation by equivocating and repeating lies.

Wrong (but consistent, at least, as this fits with the basic, basic questions about why liberals didn't complain when this happened under previous Presidents). When it happened before, it was not the result of predetermined, official, voluntarily chosen policy being used as a weapon of intimidation and terror.

Gosh, so all that tough talk and keeping track of President Obama's golfing didn't fix it? Whodathunk?!

Actually, I keep focusing on the immorality of a predetermined, official, voluntarily chosen policy being used as a weapon of intimidation and terror. You keep leaving that out of the "whole story."

It seems so simple.

Do we need immigration reform? Obviously. We’ve discussed that a lot before.

Had a child ever been taken from their illegal immigrant parents before? Obviously.

Should we be using children and their families as pawns for legal changes? No.

If you can point out the lies, that would be nice. Here's a lie from your post. "We already did. Now we don't." No we didn't. It was catch and release, not detention. The number of immigrants flooding our border using children as tools of entry needed to be addressed. You disagree.

If you can point out the lies, that would be nice. Here's a lie from your post. "We already did. Now we don't." No we didn't. It was catch and release, not detention. The number of immigrants flooding our border using children as tools of entry needed to be addressed. You disagree.
We didn't have detention before? Deportation under President Obama accelerated. I didn't care for it. I criticized him. I didn't make excuses for him or point at other Presidents.

You are obscuring the truth when you do not focus on the here and now. You are lying when you imply this is the same thing that has happened before. You are lying when you claim it is only b/c of who our President is that anyone is criticizing him. When the President lies and you repeat it, then get corrected, then still repeat it, you are lying.

We didn't have detention before? Deportation under President Obama accelerated. I didn't care for it. I criticized him. I didn't make excuses for him or point at other Presidents.

You are obscuring the truth when you do not focus on the here and now. You are lying when you imply this is the same thing that has happened before. You are lying when you claim it is only b/c of who our President is that anyone is criticizing him. When the President lies and you repeat it, then get corrected, then still repeat it, you are lying.
Okay datt.

ADVERTISEMENT